• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The magic of spiritual energy

I think Nirguna Brahmans depth is unfathomable. Let me illustrate. Lord Narasimha was uncontrollable after killing Hiranyakashipu. According to puranas Lord Shiva took a frightening form called Sharabha to subdue Narasimha. It was scary even to Narasimha. But it is said Narasimha then took the even more frightening form of Gandaperunda to scare Sharabha. Now it was Sharabhas turn to dive into greater depths to scare Gandaperunda and so on. The fight went on for 18 days when both realised there would be no end.

Such is the depth of Nirguna Brahman that any quality can go on improving endlessly and that is also the reason why it is impossible to ascribe qualities to nirguna brahma as it is impossible to define and delineate them.

I think Nirguna Brahmans depth is unfathomable. Let me illustrate. Lord Narasimha was uncontrollable after killing Hiranyakashipu. According to puranas Lord Shiva took a frightening form called Sharabha to subdue Narasimha. It was scary even to Narasimha. But it is said Narasimha then took the even more frightening form of Gandaperunda to scare Sharabha. Now it was Sharabhas turn to dive into greater depths to scare Gandaperunda and so on. The fight went on for 18 days when both realised there would be no end.

Such is the depth of Nirguna Brahman that any quality can go on improving endlessly and that is also the reason why it is impossible to ascribe qualities to nirguna brahma as it is impossible to define and delineate them.
Sravna..dont take Puranas literally..its highly symbolic.
Its not about Narasimha going out of control and Shiva too reacting violently and keep on fighting sans logic.

It could be just symbolic that you cant subdue violence with violence.
A fight for 18 days could signify seeking victory..according to Sanskrit numerical system the word Jaya( victory) has a numerical value of 18.

Its only after 18 days both attained Jaya by realizing violence can never be subdued by violence.
Both the forms of Vishnu and Shiva in the fight had taken part human, part animal or part different animals form

Reason? It could represent the limbic system of the brain which is the animalistic reactive mind which seeks a fight or flight response.

I rather decode the Puranas logically..surely I wont want to believe that both Shiva and Vishnu aspects of Brahman were fighting like Alien Vs Predator.

Sravna..go see the latest Rajini movie Jailer.
I just saw it..massive fight scenes..big time Dharma vs Adharma.
Its quite violent but well filmed( here the censors rated suitable for 16 years old above..so kids not allowed to watch it)
HUKUM!!( from the movie)
Go see it and enjoy it.
But after seeing it dont get too influenced by it.

Its quite violent but well filmed( here the censors rated suitable for 16 years old above..so kids not allowed to watch it)
HUKUM!!( from the movie)
Go see it and enjoy it.
Renuka,

Thanks for the info. You predicted it right. I get influenced by it. My blood boils whenever the villain gains the upper hand. But I will try to take your advice.

Renuka,

Thanks for the info. You predicted it right. I get influenced by it. My blood boils whenever the villain gains the upper hand. But I will try to take your advice.
Here your blood wont boil because the villain acted real well..he is evil personified yet you wont hate him..you will realize how pure evil can be.

Also the movie shows reforming criminals too and elimination of those who cant be reformed and a shocking twist about how a Dharmic enviroment need not always produce Dharmic individuals.

It has all the masala you like! Lol

Here your blood wont boil because the villain acted real well..he is evil personified yet you wont hate him..you will realize how pure evil can be.

Also the movie shows reforming criminals too and elimination of those who cant be reformed and a shocking twist about how a Dharmic enviroment need not always produce Dharmic individuals.

It has all the masala you like! Lol
Yes good masala is important. On a serious note you have really piqued my interest. Sounds like a good and realistic set up of dharma versus adharma.

This is westerners argument. Intangible does not mean not existing or not real. It is more real than physical energy as it can assimilate physical energy. Many things in spirituality have to be perceived through mind.
Yes true, but mind itself is matter, whatever is perceived through the mind is also matter only, energy is one which is 'experienced' and is different from the 'experiencer', so not real.

Yes true, but mind itself is matter, whatever is perceived through the mind is also matter only, energy is one which is 'experienced' and is different from the 'experiencer', so not real.
What exists at the physical level is only matter. My own understanding is that mind exists at a different level than the world of matter and prana connects the mind and the physical body.

In summary the stuff of mind is more subtle than matter and it is more real than matter as mind exists till moksha is reached where as body and matter keep perishing.

Last edited:
What exists at the physical level is only matter. My own understanding is that mind exists at a different level than the world of matter and prana connects the mind and the physical body.

In summary the stuff of mind is more subtle than matter and it is more real than matter as mind exists till moksha is reached where as body and matter keep perishing.
Sravna,
The mind is the manomaya kosha and in between it and annamaya kosha(physical body) is pranamaya kosha( prana)..so what you said is correct that prana corrects the mind and body.

The mind is matter too.
It is thought waves.
Just that its more subtle.
But its still matter.
Only the physical body keeps perishing from life to life.
The subtle body which contains the mind keeps changing too as it gains more imprints from life to life..and the mechanism of how which imprint exerts itself in the current life according to karma and how other imprints remain "dormant" is not well understood.

Anyway, everything is matter including prana..just that prana is very subtle.

Renuka,

The way I would call something not matter is this. If it is subtle enough that it is everywhere at once. Mind is like that. It transcends space. It is not localised like body.

By transcending space I mean it is not affected by physical force. You cannot bomb a mind and destroy it. It remains totally intact. It is beyond that.

Renuka,

The way I would call something not matter is this. If it is subtle enough that it is everywhere at once. Mind is like that. It transcends space. It is not localised like body.
I dont think our mind transcends space as we are not omniscient and omnipresent to be transcending time and space.

Even the samadhi of saints, the meditative environment which surrounds the tomb and the area does not extend beyond a certain radius even though they would have transcended time and space.
There is a certain laws of nature even saints follow.

There is a famous dargah with tombs of saints in an island in Malaysia and when you go there within 1 km radius all your thoughts dissappear.
The mind becomes still and you have no perception of time.
Two hours would feel like 15 minutes.
The effect is felt for 1 km radius.
When you go there you retain the mind still effect for at least 24 hours.

Why is the effect not felt beyond 1 km radius?
There is surely some reason for it.

I dont think our mind transcends space as we are not omniscient and omnipresent to be transcending time and space.

Even the samadhi of saints, the meditative environment which surrounds the tomb and the area does not extend beyond a certain radius even though they would have transcended time and space.
There is a certain laws of nature even saints follow.

There is a famous dargah with tombs of saints in an island in Malaysia and when you go there within 1 km radius all your thoughts dissappear.
The mind becomes still and you have no perception of time.
Two hours would feel like 15 minutes.
The effect is felt for 1 km radius.
When you go there you retain the mind still effect for at least 24 hours.

Why is the effect not felt beyond 1 km radius?
There is surely some reason for it.
Mind is supposed to be at a level higher than body so that it is not destroyed. It is also at a level higher because it is supposed to be ideal. But by default it lacks force and in the mind body interaction it usually gets overwhelmed. That is , its ideal features do not surface. The objective is to fortify mind like the body and also to make the body interconnected like the mind so that they can sync and spirituality emerge. That is when we see spiritual power or reality at work and not when just physical force is applied. The latter is illusion.

The spiritual energy of the self realized saints will indeed extend to all of space but they have to consciously do it. It is like the power of eyes. The vision is normal but they can invoke clairvoyance if required.

HUKUM!!( from the movie)
Go see it and enjoy it.
Renuka,

Saw the movie. I liked it. The unexpected twist was in the end. Yes dharmic environment need not always produce dharmic people. Thanks for the suggestion Renuka

Latest ads

Back