• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Final Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, what I was getting at was that. Wouldn't it be good for the individual if they appeared (were born) in a robust shape, never decayed, never became weak, never died? Why haven't we evolved to do that?

I used to work for GM. There was a constant joke that cars were built so that at the end of warranty they will fall apart. It might have been a joke but reality is that if you build a indestructible product you will be out of business. Obsolescence has to be built in every product so you have repeat business. If the river does not flow, it becomes stagnant and smells. Similarly life has to move on, new things have to born, old has to die. In the process the soul evolves and escapes this process of birth and death.

I used to work for GM. There was a constant joke that cars were built so that at the end of warranty they will fall apart. It might have been a joke but reality is that if you build a indestructible product you will be out of business. Obsolescence has to be built in every product so you have repeat business. If the river does not flow, it becomes stagnant and smells. Similarly life has to move on, new things have to born, old has to die. In the process the soul evolves and escapes this process of birth and death.

Good one Mr. Prasad. You are coming to my point. In another world we might just have beings born at a certain state and live like that for ever.

You might not be the right person to ask this, but why would science care? Things like gravity (which Stephen Hawking believes created the universe) would still work right? No scientific principles are violated in a stagnant, boring, static world. So why isn't the world like that?

Good one Mr. Prasad. You are coming to my point. In another world we might just have beings born at a certain state and live like that for ever.

You might not be the right person to ask this, but why would science care? Things like gravity (which Stephen Hawking believes created the universe) would still work right? No scientific principles are violated in a stagnant, boring, static world. So why isn't the world like that?

natures mysteries are endless, and we are just a speck in this universe, and can not understand the grand design. I like Hawking, but he changed his opinion of the supreme. Now he is not sure about the grand design. His predictions on black hole energy absorption is in a limbo. So after all Mr. Hawking too is turning out to be a mere mortal.

You lost me some where back there. The God's leela is endless, we need to accept and play our part, and exit left off the stage when our time is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back