• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally prefer not to desire material in the name of spirituality.

Doctor Madam,

Spiritual leaders a now becoming dynamic enterprenuers..... (May be spirituality pushed to back seat)

Guruji like Ram Dev is having a thriving business with his PATANJALI Brand of products ..

Similarly, Gurudev, Sri Sri Ravisankar is doing business with his own products of Ayurvedha, Toothpaste, Software, etc

And Jakki Vasudev Ji is busy in marketting Isha Foundation products

Similarly, Aurobindu Ashramam at Pondicery and Matha Amirdhanantha Mayi, etc are all busy with their own commercial enteprises in Health care, Education etc.

Dear Renuka,

I personally prefer the spiritual way of life to materialism. It is lot more charming and real fun. May be that is the reason for Go'd lila of creating a physical world and have some fun.

Doctor Madam,

Spiritual leaders a now becoming dynamic enterprenuers..... (May be spirituality pushed to back seat)

Guruji like Ram Dev is having a thriving business with his PATANJALI Brand of products ..

Similarly, Gurudev, Sri Sri Ravisankar is doing business with his own products of Ayurvedha, Toothpaste, Software, etc

And Jakki Vasudev Ji is busy in marketting Isha Foundation products

Similarly, Aurobindu Ashramam at Pondicery and Matha Amirdhanantha Mayi, etc are all busy with their own commercial enteprises in Health care, Education etc.

Dear Sir,

If the money they get is used for charity and building of hospitals/colleges/schools then its acceptable becos money if the hands of a person with values then its beneficial for everyone.

That way even Kings of the past were rich and kept their subjects happy..eg Ravan.

Dear Sir,

If the money they get is used for charity and building of hospitals/colleges/schools then its acceptable becos money if the hands of a person with values then its beneficial for everyone.

That way even Kings of the past were rich and kept their subjects happy..eg Ravan.
Well said Renuka. Money per se is not evil but what is important is how it is used.

Dear Renu,

It is S money (spiritual money)! See, Sravna Sir likes to use his S E to 'play' in the stock market! ;)

Also, people use spirituality to get good D I L / S I L! :cool:

Dear Renu,

It is S money (spiritual money)! See, Sravna Sir likes to use his S E to 'play' in the stock market! ;)

Also, people use spirituality to get good D I L / S I L! :cool:
I

Yes Smt.RR. Stock price movements seem to be controllable by spiritual power but I prefer using a theory to predict share prices and then play.

One youngster sitting near me now says people talking about mini thalis and metties are living in La la land.

These are pulled out by youngsters in US when their parents go there to visit them. .......
I give up, Krish Sir! You will never change! :)

You write often that you wear your poonool ONLY on occasions, because your better-half insists and you are able to spot

youngsters like your good self, always!! :spy:

Dear Sir,

Doctor Mam,

You mean collecting from the affluent and paying to the have-nots...?

Robing the wealthy people and paying to the poor...?

These Foundations are not soley based on either charity or philanthrophy...

They are commercial products marketted with an eye on profit.

Is it ethically and morally right..?

Does it not amounts to exploiting spirituality ....? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

You mean collecting from the affluent and paying to the have-nots...?

Robing the wealthy people and paying to the poor...?

Is it ethically and morally right..?

Is it not amounts to trying to overcome Karma....? :)

Dear Sir..any organization be it a religious org or even a mafia need to generate income.

How can major projects like charity hospitals and free education take off without a running bussiness?.

Generating income is not against any Dharma provided its overboard in dealings and declaring taxes.

Take a look at ISKCON..they are a well established organization and have Akshya Patra meal programme for schools.

Money is there to be used for good purposes..money on its own is not evil.
Its only the user who might be evil.

No one is robbing the rich..many rich people themselves do charity.

I dont know why many think religious organizations should be beggars.

In the past Kings supported Religious set up...so try to look at the bussiness run by these organizations as a legitimate support for good deeds.

Dear Sir...so try to look at the bussiness run by these organizations as a legitimate support for good deeds.

Doctor Mam,

As I hvae mentioned earlier, these Ortganisations don't run on 100% charity or philonthrophy.

They are doing business in this competitive field solely having an eye on profit.. money..

I agree money is essential to run any Organisation.

But why use spirituality..?

Why mix both...?

What is spirituality is to do with business on hair oil, tooth paste, etc.

I have this following article published in the Indian Express which is self-explanatory.

I you have time, please go through the same

Why Baba Ramdev would do well to go into vanvaas

What Ramdev has done is criminal. He is sowing seeds of horrendous violence in the minds of unsuspecting people within an ambience of faith. This is incitement of the most dangerous kind.

Ramdev shocks me. Truly. Utterly. Un-bearably. His saffron shocks me. It makes his words all the more shocking. Saffron is the colour either of self-sacrifice or of inspired bravery. He seems light years away from both. It is blatant cowardice to say one would love to cut off the heads of millions of people but for the small inconvenience that stands in the way. There is, he laments, that irksome thing called the rule of law. He could get into trouble if he ventures to harvest a few million human heads. That, says Ramdev, chokes the heroic expression of his sterling patriotic zeal.

Ramdev’s version of patriotism, please note, is choked by the law. That is to say, it is unlawful. Refraining from scandalously unlawful lusts and longings only due to fear of unpleasant consequences is cowardice. Only Ramdev can enlighten us about the meeting point between cowardice and self-sacrifice: The sort of cowardice that made him scoot from the scene of trouble in Ramlila Maidan in 2011. The adroitness with which our shape-shifting baba escaped on that occasion is of the same stuff as the insured insolence with which he threatens to annihilate fellow citizens for not falling in line.

…..

Ramdev has been in the business of converting spirituality into material profit
. He has, as a result, lost the distinction between dhandha and dharma. Religion became, in the process, the means for indulging in covetousness. The mega bucks he earned became his entry into politics. If in the Ayodhya movement, politicians used babas and swamis, Ramdev is shrewd enough to use politicians to his advantage. It is a marriage of convenience for both parties.

I also hold the BJP to account in this most lamentable turn of events. I want to tell them that Hinduism is truly in peril. The cocktail of politics, corporatisation and communalism concocted under the name of Hinduism today threatens its authenticity.

What Ramdev has done is criminal. He is sowing seeds of horrendous violence in the minds of unsuspecting people within an ambience of faith. This is incitement of the most dangerous kind. Knowing the outlook and agenda of the current dispensation, I have no hope that the government either at the Centre or in Haryana will take cognisance of this challenge to the rule of law and insult to the Constitution. I pray, therefore, to the chief justice of India to take suo moto cognisance of this and initiate appropriate action.

Finally, a word about the senselessness that inflates Ramdev’s hollow patriotism. Does he really think that shouting a slogan — or a thousand slogans — proves anyone’s patriotism? Does he really believe that a coerced utterance carries patriotic value? Those who revel in coercing others are not interested in the motherland. They are intoxicated with power. This is not patriotism. This is poison. Every form of coercion is an insult to the spirit and substance of the Constitution.

Read more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/baba-ramdev-patanjali-patriotism-india/

Perhaps exploiting the saffron...

[h=1]Spirituality in a bottle: Indian guru builds empire on ‘holy’ bodywash for the faithful[/h]
Yoga teacher Baba Ramdev is now a key political figure as his retail empire takes £530m in past year

Excerpt:

But the Ramdev name still carries power. Harish Bijoor, a brand strategist, says the name has “sent the shivers out in corporate boardrooms in India”. According to Bijoor, the brand is set to dwarf its competitors because of Ramdev’s smart marketing tactics. “He wears saffron,” Bijoor explains, a colour that is closely associated with the Hindu religion. “That’s a colour that is the flavour of the decade in India today.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...litical-player-indians-flock-to-retail-empire

Dear Shri Falcon,

With regards to money there are two aspects , one is how you get it and the other is how you use it. Money absolutely should be used for good purposes. Some may say that if money is used for dharmic purposes, even the means of money may not be important though I do not fully agree with it. I prefer a dharmic way of earning money but dharmic using is an absolute.

I

Yes Smt.RR. Stock price movements seem to be controllable by spiritual power but I prefer using a theory to predict share prices and then play.
I will give a few tips to the spiritual investor.

When stock market opens at 9.15 am for 15 minutes pray to the spirits .Assess the up and down trends.

Listen to stock tips, buy sell advise from atleast three business channels., multiple brokers.

Pray again for fifteen minutes.

At 10 am take position on atleast five shares distributing on different sectors such as banks ,FMCG, oil, real estate,.Avoid IT and pharma.Put stop loss at 5% below .

Go back t prayer.

Interrupt to monitor once in 2 hours.At 2.30pm , sell at least 80% of holdings if they have made money. balance carry over to next day.

If you make more than 10K a day goddess Lakshmi has smiled on you.

Celebrate with some other type of spirit.

I will give a few tips to the spiritual investor.

When stock market opens at 9.15 am for 15 minutes pray to the spirits .Assess the up and down trends.

Listen to stock tips, buy sell advise from atleast three business channels., multiple brokers.

Pray again for fifteen minutes.

At 10 am take position on atleast five shares distributing on different sectors such as banks ,FMCG, oil, real estate,.Avoid IT and pharma.Put stop loss at 5% below .

Go back t prayer.

Interrupt to monitor once in 2 hours.At 2.30pm , sell at least 80% of holdings if they have made money. balance carry over to next day.

If you make more than 10K a day goddess Lakshmi has smiled on you.

Celebrate with some other type of spirit.
Shri Krish Ji,

Nothing can be more intoxicating than the spirit inside. One needs to give it a chance.

For making money in stock market, I say my S.E to target such money that will be used for evil purposes or not used for good purposes. I do not want any other money.

With regards to money there are two aspects , one is how you get it and the other is how you use it.

Dear Sri Sravana Ji,

For this part of the text, I wish to submit that these Godmen practice the same business tactics,like all others in the business do. In fact they are charging more, without any reason or logic.

I can cite one example. A friend of mine approached an Educational Institution owned for a Godman, though this student was a top scorer, he was asked to pay hefty fees towards donation.

Unable to pay this, my friend took his son to another college, but was owned by a business man where his son was charged with comparatively less fees. And in fact this College seems to be provided with all facilities and producing good result every year, when compared to the College owned by the Godman. This is how some of the Godmen collect money. It is not known how far they are paying tax and other duties, etc

Now do you call this as Dharma…..?

This happens in most of the Institutes, Colleges, Hospitals, Business houses owned by these Godmen.

We have people who believe whoever wears a saffron, pay respects and also pay through their nose.

And to the other part as to how you use it…they use it as a commercial businessman, always thinking of multiplying the return.

There appears to be competition among the Spirituality Gurus with each one striving hard to become gods of consumer goods.

In this hectic schedule, they may even forget the God and prayer.

May think of praying for divine intervention only when there is a setback in the business and loss in revenue.

For your information I give below the controversies faced by Baba Ram Dev hereunder. And I have the list of all other Godmen too ;

Controversies:

1: Tehelka magazine had reported financial irregularities and tax evasion by Ramdev's trusts. Irregularities included sales tax evasion, forceful land grab from farmers and stealing of electricity by using agricultural connection for commercial use.

2: Senior leader of the Communist Party of India-Marxist Brinda Karat accused the Divya Pharmacy, owned by Ramdev's Divya Yog Mandir Trust, of using human and animal bones in their medicines.

3: The yoga guru has claimed that regular practice pranayama popularised by him has successfully 'cured' cancer within six to nine months. Cancer of the breast, liver, prostate, uterus, pituitary gland, brain tumour and even leukaemia, can be cured by practising the breathing exercises, he claimed.

4: Ramdev has suggested that yoga was the way to prevent and cure AIDS. "We will prove through clinical tests that yoga can cure AIDS. We will offer the cure shortly, in the next couple of years," Ramdev had said.

"Sex education in schools need to be replaced by yoga education," Ramdev also told reporters. "The government should stop polluting the minds of innocent young children with sex education. Society's morality cannot improve with teaching sex education in schools. And AIDS cannot be prevented by talking free sex and by using condoms."

5: Ramdev has contended that homosexuality is a disease that is curable through yogic practices. "It can be treated like any other congenital defect. Such tendencies can be treated by yoga, pranayama and other meditation techniques," he said in a petition to the court. (
http://www.rediff.com/news/report/pix-india-10-most-controversial-gurus/20141120.htm)

They do involve in all malpractices, irregularities, criminal offences, tax evasion, and come to prayer hall and pray along with their followers.

And the prayer is for whose welfare....? Is it for the growth of their Orgnisation/Foundation or for the welfare of the consumers....?

BTW why meddle spirituality with business....?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Shri Falcon,

I totally agree with you. I do admit there is no one godman who can be called impeccable. In fact far from it.

Talking of Tanjaoor Brahmins, it reminded me od my obsession with Tanjaoor Brahmin food.
I did some googling and found this restaurant.
Annapurani in Indira Nagar(opp to cauvery school), you get awesome food there.

I am told they make authentic Tanjaoor Brahmin food. Including MoorKali, Vettal Koyumbu etc. It is on my list for next visit to Chennai.

I also wanted to bring back this thread. It is in Chit Chat section no heavy spirituality.

Prasadji

Noted your preferance for Annapurani in indira nagar chennai.

Shall try it and share experience.

If it air conditioned place, GST will ensure we pay more.

Morkali might stick to our tongue like spirituality of sravna. Neither can swallow nor spit.

Pibare spiritual rasam of sravna.

Another sunday.22nd may 2017.

Looking at the skies for clouds to get a respite from heat.

Is South better as it rains off and on in southern tamilnadu

It rained like mad in bangalore last night..

Hopes of a early monsoon is cheering the stock markets pushing it to new highs.

FMCG shares like hind lever and ITC are flaring up anticipating revival of rural demand.

GST is sending positive signals in some sectors hoping to revive demand.

One negative thing is domestic airfares are shooting up in anticipation of higher demand -mostly vacationers.

And air journeys are not pleasant mostly because of uncertain weather and turbulence which is scary at times.

Trains are worse with more accidents. Between 2009-10 and 2014-15, there were 803 accidents killing 620 and injuring 1855. 47% were due to derailments.

Bus journeys within the state are worse.

And these strikes for better compensation .

Capital appears to be the better option inspite of the heat instead of tamilnadu.

Last edited:
Another Sunday. Posting after three weeks.

1.Visited and stayed four days at a wonderful resort of KTDC tea county in Munnar.A four star resort with five star facilities atop a hill.Could not believe a Govt agency

could be so good and friendly.Weather was excellent with mild showers.One of the cleanest places with environment being preserved with strict laws.Went to an

environment parks [Eravikulam National Park] atop one of hills where a rare type of goat called nilgiri Thar -stocky goats with short coarse fur and bristly mane- is

found in small numbers. It is

an endangered species.One has to walk up the hills two km. from the last drop of car.The hill itself is 4000 ft high.

Another great experience was steam boating in one of the cleanest of the lakes anywhere in south india.Also wearing protective gear over clothes mandatory.

Journey from madurai to munnar -160 km with 40 km up the hills is an experience.

2. Holidays are not complete without visit to temples. Went to Meenakshi Amman,Azhagar Koil and Tirupparakunram.In all places dress code mentioned and not

enforced. A relief.Special darshan charges nominal .There was no hustling and all were quiet and disciplined even with friday peak hour rush.Ola saved me from auto

fellows for movement in madurai, chennai.Had a first taste of monsoon in Azhagar temple and got happily drenched.What a relief after 40 plus in delhi.

3. Chennai has its attractions.Went to see what was left of chennai silks in T Nagar. Now all are talkng of safety .It requires a tragedy for people to realise some rules

need to be strictly observed.Our great host Of tamil brahmins forum gave us a wonderful treat with wonderful dishes.Thanks again.Spent an evening in Eliots beach.

4 Bangalore remains the same. Belandur lake spews out toxic clouds making life hell. Malls continue to be deserted with no takers for anything . Food joints do decent

business.Traffic jams remain the same.

5 . With all this nice to be back home and nothing much has changed in TB forum.One feels a sense of comfort that life can remain static with no flight or train to catch and not worry where to go for next meal for variety.

6. I saw one film 'Hindi medium ". Almost full house in chennai. It depicts what parents go thru to get children admitted to english medium school. The parent is forced

to lie that he belongs to EWS section and stay in slum temporarily to legitimise that he is poor.A moving film worth watching.

Prasadji

RRji makes special custard using biscuits in milk and freezed .

She will give you the recipe if you request her.

Prasadji

RRji makes special custard using biscuits in milk and freezed .

She will give you the recipe if you request her.
:D I am always fast, Krish Sir!
Posted that recipe in 'Ideas.....' thread! Please read. :ranger:

It tastes like 'Kulfi'. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back