• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflections

Another sunday 14th july19

1.Daily looking at skies hoping for visibility of monsoon clouds.Surrounding States of haryana, UP have got rains.For delhi

,rain appears to be elusive.Already it is much delayed.Delhi it seems has many sinners.of political and other kinds. Far too

many hate crimes,religious divides getting worse,domestic violence cases spurting due to economic woes and law and order

going downhill.

2.Recession signs are more visible. Malls have no buyers inspite of huge discounts. Housewives are in confrontational mode

taking on vegetable sellers for high prices, husbands facing wrath of wives for degrading of lifestyles, health issues due to

failure of monsoon and consequent break of diseases among children.

3. Schools have reopened.Some relief for parents.Most depend on creche operating in delhi to look after kids until evening

after school.Creches these days have facility of cameras so that women can track their kids in creches.Delhi Govt has

installed CCTV cameras in buses,markets and other public places for safety of women in public spaces.I suppose it will

make women feel a little safer.

It is a callous city.

In the event of a road accident , no one stops to help.

No one likes to get involved with police and other authorities.

So many accident victims are left on the roads until ambulance appears to take them to hospitals.

Private doctors do not treat these cases.

These victims are left in casualty of govt hospitals .

If relatives respond to these victims they get treated better in these hospitals.

OCT 6th 2019-dussehra weekend

1 Streets are deserted as most have decided to get away for long weekend trips.

Dussehra in south indian homes in delhi are celebrating with Golu and sundal if there are children home .

North indian are laying off garlic, onion ,meat and becoming pure veg for ten days.

Even restaurants advertise these special veg thalis.

2. The crime rate is taking a spike with more chain snatchings and police helpless many times.These petty

thieves have become more daring . Most women avoid late evenings and unlighted/less lighted roads.

Since these thieves carry unlicensed arms which they are not afraid to use , it makes the capital all the more

unsafe.During such incidents no one comes to the help of victim as most would not get involved in police case.

3.There is no enthusiasm for shopping for clothes with discounts galore .Only mobiles seem to be sold in

amazon and flipkart sales.Even the poorest of the poor buy these as it appears to be a priority over clothes or

food.It is a status symbol for the poor.

4 Swachh Bharat is getting priority because of local elections around the corner.There are drives for

prevention of dengue with cleaning of sewars and spraying by MCD and jal board.

There is a drive to check individual flats water tanks .As usual the primary school teachers get drafted for

these campaigns and they are made to visit flats.

5 With pro hindu govt at the centre , religious fervour for dussehra is more with politicians moving in and

taking out processions.The beggars outside temples are getting special feeds from devotees .So do cows

and stray cattle.

6. Weather has changed with more downpours-climate change effect and nice cool winds in the mornings

making it wonderful for walks and jogging.t is only the seniors who have become more health conscious.

Another sunday 13th oct 2019.

With end of bigg boss3 in tamilnadu,there is nothing much to watch on tamil channels except the sob socials.

Normally at this time, I shift to hindi channels.

We have amitabh bachan"s KBC [kaun banega crorepathi, Bigg boss 13 in hindi with salman khan and indian

idol.

One can see amazing musical talents in Indian Idol.Many have spent years to reach a stage of perfection not

found in tamil nadu.

Yet even winners are not able to make headway in hindi films . It is a closed industry where newcomers

struggle a lot to get a break.

In KBC one sees people with humble backgrounds , disabled participating.There were two para olympics medal

winners both women recounted their stories. It moved many hearts.

Bigg boss 13 is almost obscene unlike the tamil one.The language , dressing of women and actions were

revolting. Two women wrestled and traded blows .Language used by participants were disgusting.I switched

off the TV after a few minutes

Another sunday 14th july19

1.Daily looking at skies hoping for visibility of monsoon clouds.Surrounding States of haryana, UP have got rains.For delhi

,rain appears to be elusive.Already it is much delayed.Delhi it seems has many sinners.of political and other kinds. Far too

many hate crimes,religious divides getting worse,domestic violence cases spurting due to economic woes and law and order

going downhill.

2.Recession signs are more visible. Malls have no buyers inspite of huge discounts. Housewives, are in confrontational mode

taking on vegetable sellers for high prices, husbands facing wrath of wives for degrading of lifestyles, health issues due to

failure of monsoon and consequent break of diseases among children.

3. Schools have reopened.Some relief for parents.Most depend on creche operating in delhi to look after kids until evening

after school.Creches these days have facility of cameras so that women can track their kids in creches.Delhi Govt has

installed CCTV cameras in buses,markets and other public places for safety of women in public spaces.I suppose it will

make women feel a little safer.

Aesthetically relaxing! A feel of joy while reading the entire up to down.
Thanks for sharing

Another sunday 13th oct 2019.

With end of bigg boss3 in tamilnadu,there is nothing much to watch on tamil channels except the sob socials.

Normally at this time, I shift to hindi channels.

We have amitabh bachan"s KBC [kaun banega crorepathi, Bigg boss 13 in hindi with salman khan and indian

idol.

One can see amazing musical talents in Indian Idol.Many have spent years to reach a stage of perfection not

found in tamil nadu.

Yet even winners are not able to make headway in hindi films . It is a closed industry where newcomers

struggle a lot to get a break.

In KBC one sees people with humble backgrounds , disabled participating.There were two para olympics medal

winners both women recounted their stories. It moved many hearts.

Bigg boss 13 is almost obscene unlike the tamil one.The language , dressing of women and actions were

revolting. Two women wrestled and traded blows .Language used by participants were disgusting.I switched

off the TV after a few minutes
As someone who has stayed in Calcutta (Kolkata) for nearly 50 years, I am fluent in Hindi and Bengali. I had to study Hindi as a first language in school till Higher Secondary. Hence can read and write quite well in Hindi. Enjoy reading short stories of Munshi Premchand, the celebrated Hindi writer. Studied Bengali for one year in school. I can still read a bit of Bengali.

I enjoy watching Crime Patrol on Sony TV Channel. The second season commenced recently. It is really very good.

Latest ads

Back