• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

Due to lockdown we are losing touch with ground realities.
TV and other media sensationalise and post cases of high profile persons in films and politics dying of corona and gruesome stories of rape and assault on women
Ground reality is life is almost back to normal and streets are full of people caring too hoots about social distancing .
Very few wear masks.Some wear masks as a formality and lift it to speak to you.
Supply chains have gone haywire and no one is worried about onion or potato prices.
Sites like Amazon and big basket are making a killing.and there is a price for home delivery over MRP.
Bihar elections may be a turning point going by reports.Will BJP lose ?

Back in delhi last week .Life is normal here except some wear masks.Diwali shopping in full swing. Dhanteras today. Gold buying is mandatory..Many concerned about ban on crackers. Sweets selling is on .Chatpuja next week with ban on bathing in yamuna

Our FM is likely to announce new stimulus today
Sarkari banks as usual will crash after that.
.After all public money will be thrown to boost some sectors and public banks will pay for that.

As expected after FM"s address bank shares crashed.
Retail inflation is at all time high .Prices of potato onion consumed by poor are sky high
Shops are reporting dismal sales
With many laid off many are putting off discretionary spending.
Dhanteras is attracting some gold buying. Some utensil shops are crowded.
Now temples are open .
With metro also functional crowds are back on the roads.
No one is bothered about safe distancing .So covid cases are hitting all time high in delhi.About 8500 new cases per day.
Air plane ticket prices are controlled. Both budget and full fare airfares are almost the same.
The flight I took from bangalore to delhi had about 50% occupancy
Business class tickets gave some protection though a bit expensive.
Except thermal screening hardly any other checks.
Life is almost normal .Daily shoppers for festival are freely buying sweets and fruits.
Weather very pleasant during day.Around 26 degree celsius.
Nights are a bit cold though .
All banks are open.Not many frequenting them though.
All have become careful spenders
This time diwali is on saturday.At least lighting can be done in homes.
Chath puja is banned on yamuna river front.So biharis are upset.
One of most subdued diwali week

With pollution hitting all time high air in delhi is to toxic
Respirstory diseases are becoming common.
Rain did settle the dust.
Chemist shops are doing roaring business.
Most doctors are extra careful in keeping patients at safe distance.
With covid hitting all time high in delhi I found itsensible to return to bangalore yesterday.
Trip to delhi was a great experience.
But valuing my life I will keep away from delhi until covid vaccine is available

Back in bangalore .
I think bangalore is a far safer place.
Covid cases are getting closer.
Some relatives in chennai are infected
A family of five parents son and dil are corona positive.
Dil in intensive care .others home quarantined.Small child not infected.
Hope they recover safely.
Now we look fwd. to covid vaccine.
I suppose it might take a couple of months
We might get a choice of 4 vaccines.
Share market is continuing to boom.
There is an economic downturn and lower GDP.So a contradiction.
Evdry day I think share market will go down. But reverse happens.
Another bank lakshmi vilas bank is going bust and likely to be taken over by DBS singapore.
I think indian economy is badly mismanaged.Supply chains have got disrupted.In countryside sackful of vegetables selling at 1 to 5 rs a kilo could be got for rs 150. So I have stocks for next 10 days
Smt j j has stopped posting .Is anyone in touch with her.

Smt j j has stopped posting .Is anyone in touch with her.(#331)

I have a very tight schedule and I hardly find time to actively participate - I am fagged out- Reason - the cook (sons house) has gone on medical leave - My D in L doesn't work from home and leaves home at 8.30 and back home around 8.PM She manages breakfast and manages her lunch in her office - My son and grand children work from home - சம்பந்தி மாமி who is on dialysis on every 3rd is with them. I have taken the responsibility of cooking lunch for all of them and deliver lunch by 1 O'clock in 5 அடுக்கு Lucnch box ( carrier )

and for சம்மந்தி மாமி Separate cooking based on medical restrictions - Dinner we all have in my flat at around 8 PM மாமி.gets her dinner packed delivered in her flat earlier at 7 PM I am free only after 9.30PM - It is 10.15 and type this in response to your concern about. The cook is expected after her cataract surgery by the last week of December. I go to bed by 11 and get up by 8.AM I will be visible after Anusuya returns after her treatment. I want to help my D in L to be stress free as far as possible ! I usually get Asthma attacks in the month of கார்த்திகை and on anti asthmatics with regular puffs!

I attempt to help my D in L with her household responsibility without sacrificing her carrier aspirations ! She had her promotion as Senior Vice president with a pay hike and 3L bonus on October.

I hope I could do this till Anusya is back!

Tks Madam jj for responding amidst tight schedules.
How much dislocation can a cook cause is known only when she vanishes.
Our servants both cleaner and cook take sunday off.This puts pressure on working ladies on week ends _ one day they like to rest.
2.Corona is taking its toll.I returned from delhi on 18th escaping the fresh clamp down.Delhi merrily celebrated all fesrivals without observing any lovk down rules leading to lots of fresh cases of corona.My wife and self escaped getting infected
Tks to our loyal servants who made it possible.
The dust haze settled somewhat due to rains.Now I understand r
There are fresh clamp down restrictions.
Mumbai has refused flights from delhi.
3Bangalore is pleasant .Corona is well managed.

Tks Madam jj for responding amidst tight schedules.
How much dislocation can a cook cause is known only when she vanishes.
Our servants both cleaner and cook take sunday off.This puts pressure on working ladies on week ends _ one day they like to rest.
2.Corona is taking its toll.I returned from delhi on 18th escaping the fresh clamp down.Delhi merrily celebrated all fesrivals without observing any lovk down rules leading to lots of fresh cases of corona.My wife and self escaped getting infected
Tks to our loyal servants who made it possible.
The dust haze settled somewhat due to rains.Now I understand r
There are fresh clamp down restrictions.
Mumbai has refused flights from delhi.
3Bangalore is pleasant .Corona is well managed.
When I was in bangalore I used jeevan praman to upload life certificate in oct 5th.I got acknowledgement from SBI that it had been recd.When I went to Sbi branch in delhi.in nov 2nd week they said it had not been recd in branch. Lol
THEY said it might be in transit.
Made me fill the form again.
Thats how indian online sites work

When I was in bangalore I used jeevan praman to upload life certificate in oct 5th.I got acknowledgement from SBI that it had been recd.When I went to Sbi branch in delhi.in nov 2nd week they said it had not been recd in branch. Lol
hi
i agreed....within india itself is problem....

i got email from my bank about life certificate...they attached form in the email....i duly notarised from USA
and sent by courier to bank and email also...

News today.Covid free certificate reqd for delhi resident entering any other state.
Lucky I left delhi on 18th nov after staying 16 days with no hassles.
Dehi is witnessing a high rate of infection due to laxity during nov festivals.
Pollution was bad .Crackers were burnt not observing ban.
Women celebrated karvachauth with mehndi putting ladies applying mehndi on roadsides.
Men drank up in illegally opened pubs
Not many wore masks.
Naturally covid numbers had to spike.
It may still get worse due to peak winter in dec jan.
I fear lock down may happen again there

Raghav chadha of AAP has clarified that there is no intent to clamp down night curfew . He says that covid numbers are more due to more testing and truthful reporting.So delhi will carry on merrily with no restrictions.Though beds are available in hospitals there is shortage of doctors and nurses. So medical students of 2 and 3 year are getting drafted to lend a helping hand to over worked doctors and nurses
Hope it helps.
How citizens can be persuaded to practice social distancing no one has any answer.

Delhiites believe that AAP is sleeping like kumbakarna.

Delhiites who hailed Delhi once are now running away to other States. LOL

Hiding data to hide failures: a trick AAP has learnt straight out from other parties

Proof that dearth of leadership can decimate even a national capital!

Delhi is one such State where most of the dirt and people have trouble breathing. Why are most Corona patients in Delhi?

Most riots and conflicts are happening in Delhi.

Nor are daughters safe in Delhi.

After all what is the Elected Govt of Delhi doing there??

The true picture.......

As Delhi chokes yet again, the blame sits squarely on Delhi government’s shoulders. Read how​

A total of ₹883 crores were collected by the AAP government as environmental cess in the last 4 years, as per the Sunday Guardian report. From it, only Rs 15.58 crores have been spent so far.

While Delhi is witnessing the hazardous level of air quality, the Delhi government has been mostly engaged in a blame-game. But, it is important to note that the Delhi government has left a large chunk of its environmental cess unspent. In a written reply to an RTI filed by The Sunday Guardian, the Transport Department of the Delhi has reportedly revealed that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government had only spent 1.6% of the total environmental cess collected to combat pollution in the recent four years.

As per reports, a total of ₹883 crores were collected by the AAP government as environmental cess in the last 4 years. An amount of ₹503 crores was collected in 2017, ₹228 crores in 2018 and ₹110 crores in 2019 and ₹4 crores till September 2020. Most of it was collected as environmental cess from incoming trucks to Delhi and a part of diesel sale in the NCR. But, the AAP-ruled Delhi government had spent only 1.6% of the environmental cess, even though the Chief Minister had assured to contain the menace of pollution in Delhi.

Read more at:

Last edited:

Madras or atleast the neighbourhood is closed to day for fear of புயல் and my D in L is working from home and I am free

This is how Jeevanpraman online site works. The CSC gives you a print out with Praman Id that was generated after fingerprint (or iris pattern) Aadhar authentication. It says this is subject to acceptances and you can down load your live certificate from Jeevanpraman web site - that will show you it is accepted succesfully .

The pension paying authority - (for J it is Madurai dist. Treasury which deposits it to IOB Madurai main ) never gives an ack. In the online process . It is automatically recorded in their registers .If you go physically to Madurai treasurey then they stamp an ack . in PPO which you carry along with you.

This has been our experience for the last
2 years with J's live certicatiate being generated.

It is like this . If you have Digilocker you will see your driving licence Vehicle registration Aadhar PAN etc other documents will be there automatically - provided the various authorities participate in Digilocker .But with Jeevanpraman every pension paying authority is asked to participate actively in the online process

Down load Digilocker App from play stores and register . It is nice to save your documents here. & You don't have to carry them It is authenticated by Govt.of India.!

Last edited:
1606216521338.png

Delhi can soon become 'corona capital', AAP govt going haywire on pandemic: High Court​

The high court said the Delhi government made many claims that they are topping charts in testing but the number of cases have overshot.

………………………

The high court said the Delhi government made many claims that they are topping charts in testing but the number of cases have overshot.

"The city could soon become Corona capital of the country. Thanks to the number of cases shooting up," the bench said and added "We are going to take it very seriously."

The remarks were made by the bench while hearing a bunch of petitions relating to non-payment of salaries to doctors, paramedical staff, safai karamcharis, teachers and retired engineers and others, employed with North Delhi Municipal Corporation

Read more at

First delhi municipal corp is under bjp control.lok sabha seats are bjp.Only state govt is AAP.The lt govnr. of delhi reports to home ministry.So do delhi police.
So governing delhi is not very easy.
As far as environment delhi govt could only close diesel power station. Sme andMsma are large pollutents and closure would lead to large scale distress.
States of haryana Up across do large scale stubble burning causing air to get worse.Both have bjp govt.Even yamuna water another pollutent is controlled by haryana.They can either flood or starve delhi of water.Devi lal cm of haryana once looded delhi to save crops in his state.
So delhi govt is at mercy of all.
Yet AAP has won elections twice with thumping majority.
AAP leaders are corruption free.
Subsided home delivery of rations a nd free power upto 400 unitsand water for slums makes them popular
Their Mohalla health clinics for poor is a hit
So welfare wins them votes.
Riots have always been there since partition days. There were anti sikh riots in 1984 .
So people take it in their stride and move on.
Middle class and well off do not care who runs delhi and most do not vote.
They detest all govts centre or state.
Thata delhi in a nutshell

Yet AAP has won elections twice with thumping majority.

lol

I can’t agree with the statement of yours.

You mean to say that since AAP is corruption free it got elected twice.

In Tamil Nadu, we had a Chief Minister who got elected as CM for nearly five or six terms and finally got convicted in a disproportionate wealth case. This is ground reality.

So, it is wise, not to conclude that a party which won an Election need to be corruption free.

And there may be parties which pay cash for votes, offer freebies, etc etc to lure voters and get elected with majority.

Politicians all over the world are one and the same and Delhi is not an exception.

Last edited:
Continuing my delhi story in emergency there emerged a leader who wanted to change delhi forcibly.Sanjay gandhi realised that resricting population growth and decongestin delhi would be good for delhi. He tried forced sterilisation in crowded muslim areas around jama masjid .He fixed quota of atleast 2 persons to be brought by school teachers for vasectomy. Many innocents were forced to sterilise.
All house helps were rounded up at night and transported to outlying areas of delhi like madagir kyala trilokpuri and given 25 sq yds of barren land for building theie huts.He did that in cold winter.
Both policies led to wide resentment .
Labour had to take buses to place of work raising house help costs for middleclass residents.
In retrospect slum dwellers got free land on which they later built houses and prospered.
They got better wages. They had controlled families.But all cursed sanjay gandhi when he forcibly canged the landscape of delhi for the better. He sterilised 13000 persons of minority community in old delhi with help of Rukhsana sultan his ardent follower..Muslim women dreaded her when she entered their area in car.
The demolition of illegal houses in their area for road widening made many homeless.
It might surprise many that it happened in delhi
All opposition leaders had been jailed.S o people were helpless.

Latest ads

Back