• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

usaiyer

At the end of it all all idealism vanished replaced with cynicism and utter lack of positive feeling
I like this.There is a point where idealism ends and cynicism takes over,Is this the story of life or
is it that there is a divinity that shapes our destiny? Do we become cogs in the wheel and mentally retire from life.?
The younger generation draw different lessons observing their family experience? Are they on the right
track ? What happens to our creativity? I s it that for some the life starts after retirement?

Janaki Jambunathan

Its cute but I think its better some portion of the pic is covered.
These days pics of kids sans clothes are not permitted to be put online becos some times have changed.

Pics of kids specialy of our favorite Gods are seen sans clothes even in pooja rooms !

1599410844804796478481.jpg

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
A start to a new week.
Decided to go out in bangalore for shopping.on saturday. Though sops were open not many frequent them

Went to Nalli .Almost empty.Could shop liesurely .Mostly old stocks getting sold with no change in price.
Business is down and hardly any takers
So were hotels A2B did not have any one frequenting though peak time.
Economy is sliding down into bottomless pit
No car sales .No takers for real estate.
Real estate rents are down.
Luxury flats offer discounts like free car for purchase.
All are sitting on money
But a lot of traffic pn the roadd but no jams.
We are just limping back to normality

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
The govt 's insistence
on media to present only positive views on govt performance is causing resentment among media personnel
Punya prasun vaipayee Abisar Sharma Ravish kumar are taking on the govt with sharp criticism.Fisrt prrson had to quit new channel under pressure .
Only Quint Wire are some with online presence taking on the govt freely
Those who toe the govt line are called Godhi media derisively.
It is difficult to be a fearless jornalist these days

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Most TV channels are dependant on govt for Ads .Govt can decide which channels to patromise.
Now channeld only project Sushant rajput case. It gets eyeballs besides Ads from business in addition to govt.
It is as if there are no other issues in the country.
Inemployment Suffering of the poor migrants do not attract viewers. Only scandals concerning cinema TV stars are top priority

prasad1

Gold Member
Gold Member
The govt 's insistence
on media to present only positive views on govt performance is causing resentment among media personnel
Punya prasun vaipayee Abisar Sharma Ravish kumar are taking on the govt with sharp criticism.Fisrt prrson had to quit new channel under pressure .

You are so right. Even this forum people are openly preaching for curtailment of free speech. In the name of nationalism, they oppose freedom.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
All are waiting for BiggBoss and new IPL .Some teasers of tamil telugu biggboss are online.IPL is abroad this year. So a few weeks for some online entertainment.
Over the months we have become TV couch potato.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
We keep talking of safety of women in public spaces. Heinous crimes against woomen in cities get reported
Interestingly statistics say that in india the number is 6 per million as against 36 in US orUK.Soince india has a large population numbers are high.
Many in rutal areas do not get reported.For foreigners India is not a safe place to be. There are advisories against visiting india similar to middle east countries.
Our policing leaves much to be desired. They often side with the well off and not register cases from the poor and the vulnerable.It is shameful

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Our economy going downhill during covid is being justified as Act of God

But the slide started several quarters earlier beginning with demonetisation. Steadily GDP decreased from 8% to 6% ovef several quarters and then a big fall during covid. Now it is barely 5% like in eighties. Several decades of gain has been swept away.
This economist Dr Krishna Raj called the Hindu rate of growth . Agriculture alone is helping india afloat. Being a farmer is the best opttion for many. No tax hassles . Power supply is better. Only health care could be better there.
Also no one bothers about covid there. Rural india is hadly affected.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear JJ ji,
I hope you don't get me wrong.
Its best to remove the pic of your son becos the image could be used by sexual predators online.

tbs

The govt 's insistence
A start to a new week.
Decided to go out in bangalore for shopping.on saturday. Though sops were open not many frequent them

Went to Nalli .Almost empty.Could shop liesurely .Mostly old stocks getting sold with no change in price.
Business is down and hardly any takers
So were hotels A2B did not have any one frequenting though peak time.
Economy is sliding down into bottomless pit
No car sales .No takers for real estate.
Real estate rents are down.
Luxury flats offer discounts like free car for purchase.
All are sitting on money
But a lot of traffic pn the roadd but no jams.
We are just limping back to normality
hi

during shraddha paksha....generally no car/jewellary/real estate business in north india...especially delhi...

only during navaratra....new purchases start in delhi...

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
A second wave of covid is hitting delhi.
Cases are spurting again and testing has gone up
Many cases are asymptomatic.
I am tempted to remote manage .
Like fixing my water connection and restoring water supply.Resources _ my neighbour and my two women helps _ cook and cleaner.
Let me see if they can get my flat ready for occupation before I go there.
If I can file Tax returns and send live certificate online then I can become bangalore niwasi instead of delhi.
It requires an epidemic to move our normal habitat.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Celebrated janmashtami yesterday . Day decided by vaishnavites with payasam .
Pooja with kolam outside entrance and kutti krishna foot prints leading to decorated photo of gods with flowers.
Flowers both udiri and garland got on big basket home delivered.
These days everything is online .

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.