• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

Let us talk of pleasanter things.
Navrathri around the corner.
How many keep golu with dolls
Where are navrathri steps available in bangalore
Where are these doll sets available at reasonable rates in bangalore?
Online sites q
I quote wild rates.
Iwant dolls made of wood.I think they call it Marapachi in tamil.
Normally in chennai most get it from shops near temples
I do not know about bangalore.

In covid season navrathri golu with no one visiting js an option .
All worship song and dance is limited to those at home.
Lives are important and so are tradition of having golu home if there are children around
Let us see what happens in our homes this time

hi

we do everything in zoom....navarathri/deepavali in a very simple manner with family members only...

not out siders...

In covid times all purchases have to be online only.
Golu steps Amazon helps or it has to be makeshift with table , books and wodden planks.To supplement existing collection of Gods vaishnav ganesh saibaba lakshmi saraswathi on one step , Thanjavur chettiar with spouse and maligai , third step with kalyana set with bride ,groom nadaswram and sappadu.
bought some kondapalli wooden sets and makeshift parking lot with collection of vehicle miniatures. Since plans made and online order placed I hope our golu will be in place.
My grand daughter 30 months young should enjoy it.

In covid times all purchases have to be online only.
Golu steps Amazon helps or it has to be makeshift with table , books and wodden planks.To supplement existing collection of Gods vaishnav ganesh saibaba lakshmi saraswathi on one step , Thanjavur chettiar with spouse and maligai
, third step with kalyana set with bride ,groom nadaswram and sappadu.
bought some kondapalli wooden sets and makeshift parking lot with collection of vehicle miniatures. Since plans made and online order placed I hope our golu will be in place.
My grand daughter 30 months young should enjoy it.

Hathras is hogging the headlines
Dallt backlash is likely to extract a huge political price from the ruling party.
Will the guilty be brought to book?
When will women will feel safe on the roads?
Unless speedy justice is ensured such incidents will continue to happen.
Even the national capital is not free from such incidents.
Who will visit india if it is considered unsafe for tourists?
Even in corona times such incidents occur.

Today's concerns.
1. Is corona curve dipping ?
2 What is the extent of testing? Is rapid test good enough or do we need more tests if negative
3 When will vaccine be available. ? When will it reach common people. Do we have the infrastructure to reach millions for vaccination.
When I seecorona figures in delhi and daily updates it is scary.
Travel by air is risky
How long can one stay put and carry on .?
Most tell me that corona statistics is not to be believed.
It is far more than figures put out.It appears we have to spend dussehra away from our own homes
Lot of public figures like film and tv stars high profile politicians are testing positive for corona.

Those corona positives home treated have better chances to recover than in hospital govt or private.
There are many with corona like symptoms such as Allergies or flu .They can be easily treated home with Allegra and crocin.
Opening out metro cities more and more is it a good strategy.Opinions are divided.
Lise has to go on.
Most are getting forced to return to work.
A lucky few are working from home.
Domestics are taking the brunt.
They are forced to work for daily wages with no choice.
Many doctors in rural areas have simply shut shop and are lying low.
Those in metros are risking their lives
Senior doctors remote manage.Only resident interns nurses and ward boys are forced to look after patients admitted.
It is a bleak picture

We have to learn to live with corona! It will not leave the world till 2021 end, at least!
hi

i agreed....we have to lose many more ppl.....every body affected in some way.....even medicine will not help..

may be mask/social distance/health heigine may help....but economical suffer beyond 2022 ...

What is hurting me today?
1Some family in flat 3 floors above me got affected by corona virus. The male got admitted to private hospital. The lady of the flat with daughter and full time maid are isolated home
2, Food inflation has hit 9%.Vegetables 11% pulses 14%.There is hardly any compensation for those hurt.Lay offs and reduction of salaries Stopping of increments are adding to the agony of IT sector
3 Hospitals are busy treating covid patients
Those with other ailments are not getting care in hospitals..Emergency care is by interns or nurses.
4 Yet stock market booms with nifty touching 11800.A paradox really.Economy is in shambles.Yet RBI is not fighting inflation which is their job.
Is it possible to shrug off all these and enjoy living .?
Yes Still netflix makes possible IPL matches Biggboss other films
Children stuck home see blippi peppapig cocomelon.
Music of all sorts are freely available on net
Only avoid news of hathras SSR and such news.which make one sicker.

What amazes me is that our supply chains are intact and efficient.
I was pleasantly surprised to receive kondapalli dolls in 3 days of ordering.
My domestics cook and cleaning maids do not worry too much about corona and punctually land up for work.
Medicines without presriptions are difficult online.Yet if one approaches the chemists directly he might oblige if he knows you.
All types of food is available with home delivery.but an
extra delivery charge above MRP..
If one is well off one can get at your doorstep anything for decent living.
There are two India .of have and have nots.
I dread to think of the class of have nots.

So far so good.but prices are going northwards.Carrot is Rs.100 a kilo .so are prices of common
man items likse tomato,onion etc.Govt will still claim the inflation is under control,
One nation.one ration card is creating difficulty for the poor. Crowds are happening at distribution points. unique problems for India.

My domestics cook and cleaning maids do not worry too much about corona and punctually land up for work.
Medicines without presriptions are difficult online.Yet if one approaches the chemists directly he might oblige if he knows you.
I dread to think of the class of have not

I dread to think of the class of have not
why repeat?

Sorry duplication happened because the thread was shown in latest post in addition to normal post.Hazards of using mobile for posting and my poor memory.
Raji ji
Thumbs up for your humour.
Prasadji sorry that you had to read twice my post.
As one grows old one tends tp repeat couple of times everything .

Another weekend 10th oct.20.
1Passing away of Ram vilas Paswan who was member of loksabha and rajyasabha from 1977 to 2020 and minister in both UPA and NDA.He knew the pulse of the people and was a popular leader in bihar.
2 Covid restrictions are getting further removed with metro and cinema halls also getting back for general public. Still I do not know if travel is safe. Most have started travelling to work by public transport. Vaccine appears a few months away.
3 Biggboss in tamil and hindi are on and IPL is in full swing .More are recovering from corona than getting infected. So I suppose in 2 or 3 months life will normalise.
4 RBI has held the repo and reverse repo rates. I t acknowledges high inflation and growth slow down It has no answers to people's concerns.
5 Pharma andIT are doing well in share market. Govt Banks are getting saddled with NPA's Pvt banks are a shade better.

Everytime our FM announces any financial relief like festival advance for central govt employees to be repaid in six months govt banks tank in share market . BOTH BOI andBOB went down to about 40.
In fact I wait for our FM to announce any measure to buy govt bank shares cheaply.
Consumption has taken a beating. Those who have money are sitting on it and have nots do not have money for non essentials.
Who will buy ftig TV and AC with downturn staring in the face.
Many have either lost their jobs or taken pay cuts.
But IT biggies are doing well
They are making employees to work from home .zThey are using covid to fire employees.

IT employees are strained using their home for office work and IT companies are getting rid of office space due to lower need. They are saving on snacks and drinks for employees.
Space home gets reduced and house wives are complaining.

One heartening news is covid curve is dipping.
Only in maharashtra it is disturbing.50% of all new cases are from that state.
Testing is also not high.30% of state ministers are corona affected.
Life is returning to normalcy in delhi
Since festival days are starting from 15th spurt in cases are expected again.
Dussehra durga puja are likely to be subdued .
So keeping fingers crossed.
Hoping to return by month end..Let me see if it works out

Only Ambani Adani are propping up the stock market and taking it to dizzy levels.
Other industrialists are griting their teeth and cursing the govt .
SSR"s death has opened a can of worms.All top film and TV artists are shown to be drug addicts
Losing faith in news channels who are putting out fake news supporting the govt.
Women's safety is becoming a concern with incidents such as Hathras
Only our judiciary to some extent showing its displeasure.
Police is getting shown in bad light .They are

bending backwards to please the ruling class

Now Dussehra is coming to an end today.
Only visitors were my own extended family for golu.
It must have been similar for most of us.
Luckily our domestics turned up for work.
Today some offices are open .
Hospitals are having holiday shifts
Only emergency open
IT workers are working from home.mostly
So they get called even it is a holiday
2.Slowly I am finding it difficult to be more mobile .Like to dispose of my real estate in chennai..Difficult to manage multiple flats.Good if the buyer is known
3It appears that corona curve is dipping.F
Travel might be safer.
4 Are any NRIs returning to india ..Most of my relations inUS or gulf are not returning.They think they are better off abroad..

Now Dussehra is coming to an end today.
Only visitors were my own extended family for golu.
It must have been similar for most of us.
Luckily our domestics turned up for work.
Today some offices are open .
Hospitals are having holiday shifts
Only emergency open
IT workers are working from home.mostly
So they get called even it is a holiday
2.Slowly I am finding it difficult to be more mobile .Like to dispose of my real estate in chennai..Difficult to manage multiple flats.Good if the buyer is known
3It appears that corona curve is dipping.F
Travel might be safer.
4 Are any NRIs returning to india ..Most of my relations inUS or gulf are not returning.They think theyare better off abroad.

Dussehra is over.
Hope normality returns.
As per reports covid cases are coming down.
I do not know how safe is air travel.
Like to get away from self imposed restrictions on food and receiving friends and relatives.
Supply chain disruptions have sent prices of onion potstoes and tomatos very high.
Amazon and big basket and other online sites are cashing in
Govt has deserted the poor who are dependant on basic groceries.Another 10% have gone below the poverty line.
Unemloyment is on increase.
Yet stock market is booming.
Unbridled capitalism is good for none.Nor is left ideology.

Latest ads

Back