• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

We keep talking of safety of women in public spaces. Heinous crimes against woomen in cities get reported
Interestingly statistics say that in india the number is 6 per million as against 36 in US orUK.Soince india has a large population numbers are high.
Many in rutal areas do not get reported.For foreigners India is not a safe place to be. There are advisories against visiting india similar to middle east countries.
Our policing leaves much to be desired. They often side with the well off and not register cases from the poor and the vulnerable.It is shameful

Our economy going downhill during covid is being justified as Act of God

But the slide started several quarters earlier beginning with demonetisation. Steadily GDP decreased from 8% to 6% ovef several quarters and then a big fall during covid. Now it is barely 5% like in eighties. Several decades of gain has been swept away.
This economist Dr Krishna Raj called the Hindu rate of growth . Agriculture alone is helping india afloat. Being a farmer is the best opttion for many. No tax hassles . Power supply is better. Only health care could be better there.
Also no one bothers about covid there. Rural india is hadly affected.

Dear JJ ji,
I hope you don't get me wrong.
Its best to remove the pic of your son becos the image could be used by sexual predators online.

The govt 's insistence
on media to present only positive views on govt performance is causing resentment among media personnel
Punya prasun vaipayee Abisar Sharma Ravish kumar are taking on the govt with sharp criticism.Fisrt prrson had to quit new channel under pressure .
Only Quint Wire are some with online presence taking on the govt freely
Those who toe the govt line are called Godhi media derisively.
It is difficult to be a fearless jornalist these days
A start to a new week.
Decided to go out in bangalore for shopping.on saturday. Though sops were open not many frequent them

Went to Nalli .Almost empty.Could shop liesurely .Mostly old stocks getting sold with no change in price.
Business is down and hardly any takers
So were hotels A2B did not have any one frequenting though peak time.
Economy is sliding down into bottomless pit
No car sales .No takers for real estate.
Real estate rents are down.
Luxury flats offer discounts like free car for purchase.
All are sitting on money
But a lot of traffic pn the roadd but no jams.
We are just limping back to normality
hi

during shraddha paksha....generally no car/jewellary/real estate business in north india...especially delhi...

only during navaratra....new purchases start in delhi...

A second wave of covid is hitting delhi.
Cases are spurting again and testing has gone up
Many cases are asymptomatic.
I am tempted to remote manage .
Like fixing my water connection and restoring water supply.Resources _ my neighbour and my two women helps _ cook and cleaner.
Let me see if they can get my flat ready for occupation before I go there.
If I can file Tax returns and send live certificate online then I can become bangalore niwasi instead of delhi.
It requires an epidemic to move our normal habitat.

Celebrated janmashtami yesterday . Day decided by vaishnavites with payasam .
Pooja with kolam outside entrance and kutti krishna foot prints leading to decorated photo of gods with flowers.
Flowers both udiri and garland got on big basket home delivered.
These days everything is online .

Celebrated janmashtami yesterday . Day decided by vaishnavites with payasam .
Pooja with kolam outside entrance and kutti krishna foot prints leading to decorated photo of gods with flowers.
Flowers both udiri and garland got on big basket home delivered.
These days everything is online .

hi

i think....post corona....life is online for everything.....cheaper and secured....

Classic instance of indian supply chain.
Ordered some ayurvedic medicine from coimbotore.
The parcel reached bangalre four days back and did not get delivered.
Daily follow up only got an excuse citing corona.
After threat ....police etc he promised would deliver same day.
Then got delivery boy"s details
It turned out thst he was an auto driver who did delivery after 10 pm
He landed after 11 pm to deliver in his auto
I felt very bad. Someone working so late on sundry job due to down turn.
Corona downturn makes people odd jobs for a better living.
I gave him some hundreds .for the trouble he took to deliver the parcel.
I wish normal life returns fast ending the misery and hardships of have nots

n

Govt.has facilitated submission of live certificate thru jeevan kendras anywhere in the country using Aadhar card and biometrics

from oct first. Valid for one year.
A great relief that one need not go to bank on nov first and stand in queues.

Collecting medicines from chemists over the counter has become difficult.
All are extra careful , ask for doctor prescription. Doctors consult mostly online due to corona and visit hospitals rarely.In hospitals there are only interns.
Only pray God and do not fall sick .requiring medication.
No of corona cases are leap frogging. We read stories of celebrities dying every day
It appears so unreal. It is reaching epidemic proportions. Where did india go wrong in treating corona. We shut down early .Yet we sre in a mess

It is cheap to make pastas and pizza home than ordering online.So are biryani with veg .
One needs to be a good cook and have enough time for all this.

Digital gadgets to monitor health status at home during lockdown is inevitable! But it could drive you mad!

I have Accu - Check glucose meter - Dr Morepan digital BP Monitor - Digital Thermometer and Pulseoxy meter. I wonder if they give correct readings acceptable to standard biomedical normal range! Corona lock down is forcing many to go for them - When BP was recorded on the monitor I was shocked to see 220/ 154 - I rushed to Apollo to see my doctor - His mercury manometer shows 170/ 98 . for which I was taking Arbital 40mg twice day for the past 2 years He reassures me and prescribed some more drugs and meet him after 1 month. Self medication is dangerous but monetering BP sugar etc is inevitable during this lock down - seems to give wrong readings and anxious moments!

It is cheap to make pastas and pizza home than ordering online.So are biryani with veg .
One needs to be a good cook and have enough time for all this.
its not that hard to make veg biryani.
you can see the videos of Vahchef- VahRehVah

he has great recipes, i just omit the onion/garlic and i add more ginger instead or some nutmeg shavings.

Today my digital thermometer reads in Celsius I am used to F reading ! I don't know how the setting was changed There is only one button and gadget and I know I have to meddle with that to change the setting-After half an hour struggle I found how to reset it - a long press on the button will do that!

Medkcines prescribed in north india is not a ailable in south.
I talked to my chemist to what I wanted from delhi.
I asked him about covona in delhi
He says to keep away .from delhi.
He dispenses medicines and hre knows bestthe ground situation
So remote managing my flat getting my water meter reinstalled , getting home cleaned and tending to the plants .
Situation is still worse in chennai

One resident died in my block of flats
My tenant went off to coimbotore to his home there out of fear .
When will this end?
All are waiting for antidotes and natural tapering off .
It might take a few months I guess.
All want normality.

Stock market crashed yesterday .Nifty came down to 11200 from 11600.Bank shares collapsed by 5 to 8% IT shares dipped a little.
China did nuclear testing leading to panic.
Some medical shares were stable.
Signals from Nasdaq were not positive.
It is a bit depressing.
One wakes up to only bad news everyday.
Watching IPL cricket from dubai with players playing to empty stands is humourous
Who wants this farce? Only commercial reasons.
TV is only broadcasting SSR death probe and drug crack down by police.
It appears most film stars consume drugs.

Bills passed by parliament on farm reforms is inviting both criticism and applause.
It gives small and marginal farmers direct online access to market bypassing commission agents and mandis. State govts which levy mandi tax lose revenue and commission agents their living.
It gives MNCs direct access to farmers produce.whether farmers will gain by this is to be seen.

Medkcines prescribed in north india is not a ailable in south.
I talked to my chemist to what I wanted from delhi.
I asked him about covona in delhi
He says to keep away .from delhi.
He dispenses medicines and hre knows bestthe ground situation
So remote managing my flat getting my water meter reinstalled , getting home cleaned and tending to the plants .
Situation is still worse in chennai

One resident died in my block of flats
My tenant went off to coimbotore to his home there out of fear .
When will this end?
All are waiting for antidotes and natural tapering off .
It might take a few months I guess.
All want normality.

even though here the situation is very much under control with a very low infective rate but still life isnt like before.
its like living sans freedom with so much rules and protocol to follow.
I can understand how much we would want "normal" to return but some part of me also feels that the world could be "over-reacting"..cos we cant hide forever..we have to learn to live and know that we could die..its as if we need to embrace the potential death waiting at every step.

This virus is here to stay and not going anywhere..its like how influenza and other viruses are still around.

Renukaji
I have a feeling that corona has been over hyped.In rural areas people are going about their normal lives .
Most treat corona like normal cold or flu and take aspirin or crocin.
Most doctors have vanished from rural areas valuing their own lives.
India is lucky.Our rural areas are least affected. We had a good harvest in rabi season and good rains for fesh sowing in kharif season.
India's GDP is entirely because of agriculture as manufacturing and services have collapsed.leading to unemployment and urban folk fleeing to villages in interior. A good percentage may not return to city again

India's supply chain has partially collapsed.
Supply demand mismatches are becoming more common.
For any item one has to approach four or five online sites to get what one wants. Items either are in short supply getting rationed or not available
So getting a particuler brand of any item is difficult.One looks for alternatives all the time.
One always pays more online.

I consider myself lucky.
I am in touch with both urban and rural folks.So get to know what is happening in both metros and deep interior villages.
You know those in interior villages or remote places like Mizoram or other north east states or in krishnagiri dharmapuri districts are far
more happy than urban people in delhi or pune.
They are tension free breathe fresh air and less prone to anxiety .and depression.

Latest ads

Back