• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

2 sept 2020
New margin tradjing rules in share market.
SENI thinks these rules will protect gullible retail investors in a volatile market.
It largely resttricts trading by retail investors by reducing their trades many of whom are home locked and playing the markets recklessly .
The way govt agencies are moving to make life restrictive in all spheres of life is disturbing
Covid has taken a toll on all .
Freedom of movement restricted
Most can get filtered news.
Senior citizen are hooked to music on line.
I am missing going freely to music concerts.
I miss cinema halls
I am waiting for better times to return to my home in delhi.
It is more than five months since I left home for a short trip and got stuck in bangalorecdue to lock down

The way state and central govts are opening up for economic reasons is giving the jitters
Health experts think that we are courting trouble
Fear of catching corona on plane travel is keeping many away.

But my relatives who have travelled recently say it is better than normal times. The precautions are fool proof.I am trying to gather courage.
In budget airlines flights are full.and less expensive
Rail may resume fully shortly.Bus metro are b
coming back for local travelMarriage with limited guests are taking place. Dead are getting
Funerals they did not expect with few
mourners and minimal rites.
Still with all this october travel might be better
Let us see

No power in our area due to transformer blast for last 12 hours.
Battery power only light and fans
No kichen appliances .

No hot water for bath.
Even after 70 years of freedom top metro has a catostropic failure with no switch over alternative.
Delhi resolved it by privatising distribution of power.Bangalore can do the same

No power in our area due to transformer blast for last 12 hours.
Battery power only light and fans
No kichen appliances .

No hot water for bath.
Even after 70 years of freedom top metro has a catostropic failure with no switch over alternative.
Delhi resolved it by privatising distribution of power.Bangalore can do the same
was is due to the new government in Delhi headed by an IITian,They seem to have many feathers to their cap?

Getting used to geyser, people seem to forget that water can be heated using gas stove and then carried to the bathroom. Gadgets make us lazy! Ha Ha!!

In DLF garden city power failure is no problem The generator takes over - Lift AC Fridge Geyser Mixie Grinder washing machine Micro and other appliances will work.

In Madurai we use to have power cut for about 16 hrs during DMK period - one the reason for their defeat! We had UPS Honda Generator as stand by. We don't have them in DLF - there is no need

Last edited:
Getting used to geyser, people seem to forget that water can be heated using gas stove and then carried to the bathroom. Gadgets make us lazy! Ha Ha!!
If one has piped gas one can try it.
What if gas runs out.
Replacement of cylinder may not be easy
Better take bath in cold water. Good for health

Power and water are sensitive subjects

My thread became live with responses .It takes a cut in power and water supply for making members take a tive interest in posting

Moddle and upper class manage with alternate supply and back up.
In slums they suffer .
Kejriwal govt gives free power upto 400 units to ensure that their power is not cut off for non payment of power bills.
They are AAP's vote bank

Recently one delhi jal board worker committed suicide by jumping into msin water tank.
A out thosand flats including mine had to be emptied and sanitised to fill water again.

People are aware of water borne diseases Every one has RO UV water guard installed in their Kitchen Other wise buy Biseleri bottles - In Singapore you can drink water straight from the Tap. Here tap water is not potable - fit for cleaning purposes only . Scales formation is common in washing machine & geysers! Recycled waste water is for toilet & garden.

Many builders now offer RO filters along with the flat.
Installing onevmsy not be diffivult
Maintaining
with change of filter takes a toll .

We are stuck with a manufacturer.He will take his time

Power supply returned after 15 hours.
So improvement in net connection and less posting hassles.

I do not know how much patients in hospitals would have suffered So many top hospitals are located nearby.
Covid is taking a heavy toll on services .
Doctors treat in hospital online .
Only resident doctor normally a junior is around as are some nurses..covid check at entry before treatment and masks all around.
Kids are having access to only online education.Working men home 34 by 7 are putting pressure on women home many of whom are stressed and cracking up.
I wish it all ends soon

I am losing track of numbers .It is 24 by 7 and not 34 by 7 .in last post. Time is flexi and 24 appears to stretch to 34.
Daily I re check the date and month.
Getting shut up on corona scare is taking its toll.

was is due to the new government in Delhi headed by an IITian,They seem to have many feathers to their cap?
I hope he meant Bangalore not delhi (quote Delhi resolved it by privatising distribution of power.Bangalore can do the same unquote) about power cut. As he said in different reply delhi aap is solving issues of public and hence they came second term too though they have so many issues.

Aquaguard to protects you & V guard to protect your home appliances from voltage fluctuations! In spite of Vguard my fridge had an heart attack some time back - Compressor failed with in a year of purchase (within warranty period) there was no replacement with new one but only by a reconditioned unit after 1 months ! True the quality of water & electricity have to improve

Voltage stabilisers are not reliable devices. They can generate transients which can harm compressor.
I have Daewoo 360 litres frig bought 20 years back.
I get spare parts from a spare part supplier who was was feeding Daewoo. He changed the boxes vegetable trays from plastic to metal.He changed the compressor once to LG.
I use it without stabiliser.

What is new today?
Well India's GDP fell by _23.9% in first quarter 2020.Our FM called God's hand referring to pandemic inviting scorn and ridicule from economists.
It was more due to govts action demonetisation cuinflation excessive regularion .

Small scale and MSME did badly many folding up. Transport sector hit both by high prices of petrol diesel jabour force getting laid off on large scale and real estate crashing .
Some suggedtions offered include incease external borrowing and increased govt spending to alleviate the suffering of poor thru cash transfer and food for work Increased rural spending subsidisng fertiliser higher rural wages to increase demand.
Only agriculture did well in last quarter
Urban labour is getting work only 2 times a week due to industry closure.Immigrant labour are maximum hit leading to suicides .
Excessive govt regulation is making industry shy away from investing. There is uncertainty on govt policies which get changed at will.
India requires better finance management

India's good luck is rural india and agriculture is hurt minimum There was 3% growth in agriculture
Not many care for covid there . It is life as usual.
My sambandhi a farmer sent me sack full of rice pulses vegerables and a dozen pickle bottles of different varieties. He is a telugu brahmin in tamil nadu .Hid family settled century back.

Latest ads

Back