• If you are using hotmail, outlook, live or rediffmail email and are trying to register or have registered with the website, please read this post.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Today photographers day. I was going through my old photo albums with B & W photos taken by me! This photo of my son I think is the best of the lot. This was taken 1974 . Taken in a basic Kodak Brownie box that was presented by my father on my birthday. I think film was Agfa 120 taken in natural light Clear sharp good picture ! I have certain skills in cooking painting etc but some how was not serious about photography as an hobby which was costly in those times - Now in this digital era - no film - no negative - positive pc size prints - it looks a child play with mobile phones to Shoot and share. !

View attachment 10236

Compare this with one I took on my Samsung Bright very Colorful - Taken in Ramada Kochi - wedding reception! This just focus & shoot unlike B&W which requires certain human skill!

View attachment 10237
Colour photo is nice .How much technology has evolved over the years.
Even a child can click selfies with mobiles.

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Those who would liketo play with small money in shares try small amounts say 5 or 10k in penny shares
My list yes bank future consumer rcom idea vakrangee iob jp associates
Make it day trade or btst .
In three trading sessions you nmight collect 10vto 15 %..
It will pay for weekly vegetables .

Janaki Jambunathan

During my stay 2 wedding celebrated. Both NRI. Non Keralites! But Hindus - Aryasamaj rituals - mixture of Gujarathi & Rajasthani culture No local invitees All flown down from Dubai London USA and from Delhi Gujarat & Rajasthan - around 50 people some in wheel chairs! The wedding is organized by event managers - It is riot of fun for every one! I and Bathool invited ourselves to join the party and were not unwanted - got introduced to everyone including the bride & groom !

During our annual meets , We are totally cut off from the rest including our children No phone calls no TV no news papers we live in our own wonderland like Alice!

It is all fun no gloom! Look at the fun in Ramada - J ,JJ & Razak, Bathool.

1597846554147_0_IMG-20200226-WA0002.jpg

1597846693250_1597846683688_0_20200221_145134.jpg

0_20200221_095926.jpg

0_20200221_095543.jpg

These pictures have beautifully captured our சின்ன சின்ன ஆசை!

I see most of us can resonate with Lakshmi in the movie Oh!Baby!

mskmoorthy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Granny Oh Baby is a remake of a south korean movie Miss Granny
A Telugu-language Indian remake, Oh! Baby, was released in 2019 and was a blockbuster at the box office,[47] while a Bollywood remake[48] and a German remake are in development.[39]

CJ E&M and Beijing Century Media co-produced a Chinese remake titled 20 Once Again, which was released on January 8, 2015.[35] Directed by Leste Chen, it starred Yang Zishan, Gua Ah-leh, Chen Bolin, and Lu Han.[36][37][38]

The Vietnamese remake titled Sweet 20, directed by Phan Gia Nhat Linh, was released on December 11, 2015.[39][40]

The Japanese remake Sing My Life (Ayashii Kanojo or "Suspicious Girl") was co-financed by CJ E&M, Shochiku Films and Nippon TV, and produced by C&I Entertainment. Directed by Nobuo Mizuta and starring Mikako Tabe and Mitsuko Baisho,[39] it was released on April 1, 2016.[40]

In November 2016, it was announced that two remakes aimed at the North American market would be produced. One, in English, would be produced by Tyler Perry, and the other, in Spanish, by Eugenio Derbez.[41]

A Thai remake titled Suddenly Twenty was released on November 24, 2016.[40][42]

An Indonesian remake, entitled Sweet 20, was released on June 25, 2017.

In the Philippines, Viva Films secured the rights to do an adaptation through its partnership with CJ Entertainment, with Sarah Geronimo as the lead.[43][44] James Reid was later cast as her grandson.[45] It was released on August 22, 2018, also entitled Miss Granny.[46]

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
During my stay 2 wedding celebrated. Both NRI. Non Keralites! But Hindus - Aryasamaj rituals - mixture of Gujarathi & Rajasthani culture No local invitees All flown down from Dubai London USA and from Delhi Gujarat & Rajasthan - around 50 people some in wheel chairs! The wedding is organized by event managers - It is riot of fun for every one! I and Bathool invited ourselves to join the party and were not unwanted - got introduced to everyone including the bride & groom !

During our annual meets , We are totally cut off from the rest including our children No phone calls no TV no news papers we live in our own wonderland like Alice!

It is all fun no gloom! Look at the fun in Ramada - J ,JJ & Razak, Bathool.

View attachment 10242

View attachment 10243
View attachment 10246

View attachment 10249

View attachment 10250

These pictures have beautifully captured our சின்ன சின்ன ஆசை!

I see most of us can resonate with Lakshmi in the movie Oh!Baby!

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
There is no particuler reason why seniors cannot live it up remembering old times with friends and relatives in exotic locations

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
After 74 trading sessions when it hit upper circuit it has hit lower ckt in last two days.
This share has just 1% public holding and few floating shares.

Uless it has a large public holding of 20 to 30% not to be taken seriously

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Ayurvedic products are becoming popular because of pathanjali
Even MNC are jumping on the bandwagon and selling ayurvedic shampoos soaps toothpate oils.

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
In most budget hotels one finds these products in the bathroom. I get irritated as I have no love for these products.
Even many mix allopathic treatment with ayurvedic. For ailments
These lead normlly to worse outcome.

Janaki Jambunathan

Ayurvedic hair care products seems to be the in thing with their concoctions even In the bygone eras! Keshavardhini was the most sought after. But my father wouldn't settle for anything but Swastik Hair oil - highly viscous scented and brightly coloured castor oil for his 'Gary Cooper ' hair do which was the craze then!

usaiyer

we use kesavardhini aurvedic at home,but mixed with Parachute in certain proportions.
But use of castor oil for hair ,will it not have a high cooling effect and use of it is bit sticky?
I tried Brylcream for hair and Olay for face to keep out dryness. seem ok.

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
My choices Dove and parachute jasmin or sandal wood paste .
When on a saturday morning one hears in Raag behag a purandaradas composition sharanu sharanu on lord Ganesha by Aishwarya Rajesh one feels wonderful.
It was available on Facebook today

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
My choices Dove and parachute jasmin or sandal wood paste .
When on a saturday morning one hears in Raag behag a purandaradas composition sharanu sharanu on lord Ganesha by Aishwarya srinivas one feels wonderful.
It was available on Facebooķk todakkkk

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Some one rendering " Yaad piya ki aaye" a Bade Ghulam Ali khan song remembering his late wife made the mood melancholy.Again on facebook today
Facebook caters to indian taste .We have got hooked to facebook and you tube.

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.