• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

India's good luck is rural india and agriculture is hurt minimum There was 3% growth in agriculture
Not many care for covid there . It is life as usual.
My sambandhi a farmer sent me sack full of rice pulses vegerables and a dozen pickle bottles of different varieties. He is a telugu brahmin in tamil nadu .Hid family settled century back.

Lucky you. I will trade for that Avakai. LOL

ndia requires better finance management
I agree.Even the system of transferring cash aids to farmers under the PM kisan scheme
thru bank accounts does not seem to be fool proof and a big leak has been reported in the media.
Banks are under public glare for charging vatti on vatti.

I agree.Even the system of transferring cash aids to farmers under the PM kisan scheme
thru bank accounts does not seem to be fool proof and a big leak has been reported in the media.
Banks are under public glare for charging vatti on vatti.

hi

bank accounts does not seem to be fool proof and a big leak has been reported ...

nothing fool proof in india...especially in rural india.....everything going through MIDDLE MAN....

from bank to panchayat level....broker deals flourish in rural india when compare to cities...all

govt schemes going through political parties/members...

Sept 5th Teachers day.
Today my wife's phone has been buzzing with old students wishing her..Some drop in home with bouquet
I hardly remember any of my teachers.Some in school sent shivers in my spine .I hated many of them and I bunked from school to spend day at birla temple next to school and returned home in the evening.Lol

It was not found out for m

I

Now these days school education is totally commercial.
Private schools charge a bomb .Govt schools are not good enough.
For teachers it is just a job .
Convent schools are slightly better.
But religious indoctrination there is a negative point.I shudder when there are PTM parent teacher meetings.
I normally hear what they have to say and quickly forget about it.
So my children like to go to PTM with me.
Most schools talk about academics and ignore sports subjects like human relations are not covered.Most come out of schools without much preparation to face life

Sept 5th Teachers day.
Today my wife's phone has been buzzing with old students wishing her..Some drop in home with bouquet
Happy Teachers Day.
I was also a teacher .So it is from a teacher to another teacher,
Christian Missionaries and Jesuit Fathers were highly devoted teachers of yester years and we have
to remember them and the connections like 'Malarum Ninaivugal"
Of late the trend has changed much and the business of education is flourishing at the cost of quality
of education.

Happy Teachers Day.
I was also a teacher .So it is from a teacher to another teacher,
Christian Missionaries and Jesuit Fathers were highly devoted teachers of yester years and we have
to remember them and the connections like 'Malarum Ninaivugal"
Of late the trend has changed much and the business of education is flourishing at the cost of quality
of education.
hi

HAPPY TEACHERS DAY..

my father was teacher in village panchayat school....i was teacher in Mylapore chennai school and

kodaikanal boarding school before joining indian army....in our parents home....more than 10

members as school teachers...in villages...many brahmin families work in school....very hardworking

teachers from brahmin families...its NOBLE PROFESSION LIKE DOCTORS...now a days...GOOGLE

IS TEACHER FOR MANY....LOL,,, the quality of education is gone down...education is also commercial

comodity in the modern business world....

My wife retd as prof of education in teacher training college of central univ.She has guided 13 phd 's and inumeral Mphils.
So many students remember her on teachers day.
Phone rings for whole day
This year more because of covid lockdown

I personally remember my school teachers for mental abuse.
My prof in IiT and IiSc lectured as if addreesing public meeting. Hardly any personal attachment.
My reseach days were spent trying to date other reseach scholars with partial success.They were quite a few who were good looking.
If you have nothing better to do and have good academic record bacome faculty in IIT or IIS.you can have a good time

I began my career in Central govtcand later served 2 psu for about 30 years.
At the end of it all all idealism vanished replaced with cynicism and utter lack of positive feeling .But I did retire as AGM getting good fetirement benifits.
In PSU if one works couple of hours a day itt is good enough. Neither be a dissenter nor a yes man.
Dissenters get victimised and yes men get some rewards. If not belong to any group or faction in PSU can become AGM OrDGM
Total yes men can hope to be GM or Director.
These are adopted by Godfathers in tne company

PSU jobs are meant for the average .
If one is not very poor performer or highly ambitious achiever one can get by.
What happens to averages are regular promotions and increments.
It is a good place for stable life and raising children
It is good for those with working spouse
One can have regular working hours and switch off after 8 hours.
Of course things might have changed a bit with years .But nothing changes drastically .only faces are changed .
If a PSu starts making losses Govt mormally starts another with similar objectives or merges it with another PSU. Also offers attractive VRS to get rid of some. This is often called Golden Handshake

I personally remember my school teachers for mental abuse.
My prof in IiT and IiSc lectured as if addreesing public meeting. Hardly any personal attachment.
My reseach days were spent trying to date other reseach scholars with partial success.They were quite a few who were good looking.
If you have nothing better to do and have good academic record bacome faculty in IIT or IIS.you can have a good time

I have met your wife, you did pretty well. She is beautiful.

In PSU if one works couple of hours a day itt is good enough.
For a country like ours where many people are poor, I feel there is a need for greater control by the Government and therefore PSU may be a good idea or even ideal till there is overall improvement in the living standards. But, unfortunately in almost all PSUs the unions are very strong and it is next to impossible to take any disciplinary action against employees who shirk their responsibilities/ work or regularly report late to duty or leave early or spend most of the time chit chatting in the canteen/ desk. The employees know that they can be dismissed only if they commit some fraud - they even feel that merely being on the rolls of the organization automatically entitles them to monthly salary whether they do work or not.

The trade unions are affiliated to the Communist Parties of India who would be more aptly called the Kaamchor Parties of India.

These communists leaders extol the progress made by the communist governments in other countries. Do they realise that they and their Kaamchor disciples would be serving well deserved harsh sentences in some labour camps if we had such a Government here.

PSU is by itself not bad - it is the communists and the trade unions that have ruined the public sector undertakings.

Today photographers day. I was going through my old photo albums with B & W photos taken by me! This photo of my son I think is the best of the lot. This was taken 1974 . Taken in a basic Kodak Brownie box that was presented by my father on my birthday. I think film was Agfa 120 taken in natural light Clear sharp good picture ! I have certain skills in cooking painting etc but some how was not serious about photography as an hobby which was costly in those times - Now in this digital era - no film - no negative - positive pc size prints - it looks a child play with mobile phones to Shoot and share. !

View attachment 10236

Compare this with one I took on my Samsung Bright very Colorful - Taken in Ramada Kochi - wedding reception! This just focus & shoot unlike B&W which requires certain human skill!

View attachment 10237
Its cute but I think its better some portion of the pic is covered.
These days pics of kids sans clothes are not permitted to be put online becos some times have changed.

At the end of it all all idealism vanished replaced with cynicism and utter lack of positive feeling
I like this.There is a point where idealism ends and cynicism takes over,Is this the story of life or
is it that there is a divinity that shapes our destiny? Do we become cogs in the wheel and mentally retire from life.?
The younger generation draw different lessons observing their family experience? Are they on the right
track ? What happens to our creativity? I s it that for some the life starts after retirement?

Its cute but I think its better some portion of the pic is covered.
These days pics of kids sans clothes are not permitted to be put online becos some times have changed.

Pics of kids specialy of our favorite Gods are seen sans clothes even in pooja rooms !

1599410844804796478481.jpg

A start to a new week.
Decided to go out in bangalore for shopping.on saturday. Though sops were open not many frequent them

Went to Nalli .Almost empty.Could shop liesurely .Mostly old stocks getting sold with no change in price.
Business is down and hardly any takers
So were hotels A2B did not have any one frequenting though peak time.
Economy is sliding down into bottomless pit
No car sales .No takers for real estate.
Real estate rents are down.
Luxury flats offer discounts like free car for purchase.
All are sitting on money
But a lot of traffic pn the roadd but no jams.
We are just limping back to normality

The govt 's insistence
on media to present only positive views on govt performance is causing resentment among media personnel
Punya prasun vaipayee Abisar Sharma Ravish kumar are taking on the govt with sharp criticism.Fisrt prrson had to quit new channel under pressure .
Only Quint Wire are some with online presence taking on the govt freely
Those who toe the govt line are called Godhi media derisively.
It is difficult to be a fearless jornalist these days

Most TV channels are dependant on govt for Ads .Govt can decide which channels to patromise.
Now channeld only project Sushant rajput case. It gets eyeballs besides Ads from business in addition to govt.
It is as if there are no other issues in the country.
Inemployment Suffering of the poor migrants do not attract viewers. Only scandals concerning cinema TV stars are top priority

The govt 's insistence
on media to present only positive views on govt performance is causing resentment among media personnel
Punya prasun vaipayee Abisar Sharma Ravish kumar are taking on the govt with sharp criticism.Fisrt prrson had to quit new channel under pressure .
Only Quint Wire are some with online presence taking on the govt freely
Those who toe the govt line are called Godhi media derisively.
It is difficult to be a fearless jornalist these days

You are so right. Even this forum people are openly preaching for curtailment of free speech. In the name of nationalism, they oppose freedom.

Latest ads

Back