• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

During my stay 2 wedding celebrated. Both NRI. Non Keralites! But Hindus - Aryasamaj rituals - mixture of Gujarathi & Rajasthani culture No local invitees All flown down from Dubai London USA and from Delhi Gujarat & Rajasthan - around 50 people some in wheel chairs! The wedding is organized by event managers - It is riot of fun for every one! I and Bathool invited ourselves to join the party and were not unwanted - got introduced to everyone including the bride & groom !

During our annual meets , We are totally cut off from the rest including our children No phone calls no TV no news papers we live in our own wonderland like Alice!

It is all fun no gloom! Look at the fun in Ramada - J ,JJ & Razak, Bathool.

View attachment 10242

View attachment 10243
View attachment 10246

View attachment 10249

View attachment 10250

These pictures have beautifully captured our சின்ன சின்ன ஆசை!

I see most of us can resonate with Lakshmi in the movie Oh!Baby!

After 74 trading sessions when it hit upper circuit it has hit lower ckt in last two days.
This share has just 1% public holding and few floating shares.

Uless it has a large public holding of 20 to 30% not to be taken seriously

Ayurvedic products are becoming popular because of pathanjali
Even MNC are jumping on the bandwagon and selling ayurvedic shampoos soaps toothpate oils.

In most budget hotels one finds these products in the bathroom. I get irritated as I have no love for these products.
Even many mix allopathic treatment with ayurvedic. For ailments
These lead normlly to worse outcome.

Ayurvedic hair care products seems to be the in thing with their concoctions even In the bygone eras! Keshavardhini was the most sought after. But my father wouldn't settle for anything but Swastik Hair oil - highly viscous scented and brightly coloured castor oil for his 'Gary Cooper ' hair do which was the craze then!

we use kesavardhini aurvedic at home,but mixed with Parachute in certain proportions.
But use of castor oil for hair ,will it not have a high cooling effect and use of it is bit sticky?
I tried Brylcream for hair and Olay for face to keep out dryness. seem ok.

My choices Dove and parachute jasmin or sandal wood paste .
When on a saturday morning one hears in Raag behag a purandaradas composition sharanu sharanu on lord Ganesha by Aishwarya Rajesh one feels wonderful.
It was available on Facebook today

My choices Dove and parachute jasmin or sandal wood paste .
When on a saturday morning one hears in Raag behag a purandaradas composition sharanu sharanu on lord Ganesha by Aishwarya srinivas one feels wonderful.
It was available on Facebooķk todakkkk

Some one rendering " Yaad piya ki aaye" a Bade Ghulam Ali khan song remembering his late wife made the mood melancholy.Again on facebook today
Facebook caters to indian taste .We have got hooked to facebook and you tube.

When on a saturday if domestics turn up on time one feels good. If hot water is available with no power cut Flush works with plenty of fresh water it makes one think normalcy is returning.
I have learnt to live with covid around.
At least one flat is blocked in every apartment block .
29% of Delhi is covid affecred.
Hardly anyone goes to hospital and most get treated home.
Oxymetres are available and oxygen cylinders are supplied home on a phone call
Only critical cases end up in hospital.
Hospital beds are empty.
Delhi model of treatment is good.
Noone seals your flat. You are on self regulation

Stock marketare excellent indicaters of ground situation.
Economy hotel shares are up indicating they are reopening.
Airline shares are downing reduction in air travel. IRCTC is stuck in a range showing lack of normalcy.
Pharma is booming as there is a scramble to stock up on essential mediines.
Apollo hospitals and lalpathlab are up as those requiring testing and hospitslisation is up.

Goldetf nd silver are up as many are rushing to security of precious metals.
Aluminium is doing well as these are usedby the poor for daily use.
A good strategy is making money in a volatile share market and transfer to gold etf periodically.the profits.

On this Vinayaka Chathurthi I remember my visit to Ganapathy Agraharam and ஈசங்குடி few years back . Even today this Agraharam is fully preserved by Brahmins living there The Maha ganapathy temple is well maintained - Kanchi Mutt has special interest - Mahaperiavals maternal house is in ஈசங்குடி ! - Vedapadasala is run there under Mutt's guidance.

My idea was to spend about half an hour in that temple proceed to Tiruvaiyaru and reach Thanjavur by 7.30 we were to check in at that time in Hotel Gnanam

That happened to be சங்கடஹர சதுர்த்தி and lots activities in the temple with an army of மடிசார் மாமிs & பஞ்சகச்சம் warriors,! As usual I Couldn't resist active participation and spent about 5hrs in that place and reached Thanjavur around 10.30PM skipping Tiruvaiyaru!

One Mangalam மாமி insisted that we have dinner in her house and proceed to Thanjavur. She had some வோண்டுதல் to offer மடி மஞ்ஜள் to 9 சுமங்கலிs and I got one மடி full பசு மஞ்ஜள் !

It is heartening to know that some are still maintaining the festival traditions and performing the rituals associated with chaturthi at an agraharam.
I could not get kozhukattai at A2B mobile van.
Someone will get it delivered at my flat.
You can bank on iyer hospitality

Some relative has mailed that it is avani avittam for samavedam . They are telugu iyers.so changing thread
I think our traditions provide for a lot of diversity.
But all of it ends with some pooja and lots of sweets .What more can a diabetic want. One time exception for having sweets and kozhukattai

Collecting Madisar clad women 5 or 7 I do not know how many is a major hassle in metros like delhi.
One goes to nearest remple where priest 0

oan oblige by rounding up some of these women for a small dakshina.
These ladies get sarees along with money and manjal kumkum and betel leaves..
In south of course I presume it is easier

Not many wear 9 yards madisars daily only these days. I presume it is reserved for occassions.
In chennai most approach Triplicane Parthasarathy or siva temples for madisar ladies. The priest helps one to contact them for puja home.

There are different ways of wearing madisar iyer style iyengar style . Add to it pallu on right or left.
One can get a variety.
I do not know how difficult it is to manage 9 yds of silk sarees on a person.Some carry it with a lot of elegance. Others trip easily

Latest ads

Back