• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sunday Reflection

Covid has redefined relationships between husband and wife locked up to remain in close proximity.
In some cases ot is leading to more physical love and in others more friction and domestic violence
I suppose we can expect separations of somecouples and more additions to other families (#98)

ஆசை அறுபது நாள் - மோகம் முப்பது நாள் - Corona pregnancy & Covid Baby are possibility - Durex is cashing on this with TV campaign!

A recently born covid baby was named Covind rhyming with covid and Govind!

Try shifting partly to SBI or Indian Bank .They have very good onlinr and internet banking.They have well designed websites.Butcpoor servicrc at some branches

I have not stepped into any branch of Yes Bank From day one it was online! Yono light and Yono any where banking (both) are user friendly - IOB has now an upgraded version which is ok. All other a/c in Bank of Baroda Indian Bank Union Bank & Corporation bank have been closed.

I have not stepped into any branch of Yes Bank From day one it was online! Yono light and Yono any where banking (both) are user friendly - IOB has now an upgraded version which is ok. All other a/c in Bank of Baroda Indian Bank Union Bank & Corporation bank have been closed.
Do you know Punjab nstional bank has the worst website
After frauds in the bank they have made it elaborate and less user friendly
They frequently make you change passwords Account gets blocked on minor mistakes in log in .

Honouring honest tax payers, Faceless assements is the extension of Digital push initiative .

But why no one is thinking of simplicity of Jan through Dec. Financial year instead of Apr through Mar. as of now !

Financial Yr 2020 Ass.year 2021 compared to F.Y 2020- 21 A.Y 2021-22

Similar situation in dates as well like in years !

dd /mm/year & mm/dd/ year

Burrito. Bowel - never heard about that - my grand children are crazy about it - they can sassemble this in 5mts. Not much of cookin skill - like making simple salad or like preparing bhel puri!

You can imagine my plight in digital era - number list is growing like அனுமார் வால் - every day

Aadhar - PAN - SB A/c No - IFSC Code - Customer Id The challenge is all of them are bet. 10 & 20 digit numbers

If you don't get the password correct - maximum 3 attempts - Account is locked!
Yes My yes bank mobile banking got locked for the above reason to day .

Before you enter the OTP in the box it is time out! If I do it in a hurry I get a message OTP wrong , try again - Captcha is confusing 0O Z2 This is really challenging!

No - I am no Sakuntala Devi - to take on these big numbers !

Will face recognition solve all this? or Finger print?
I can appreciate this very much.
I have face recognition as well as fingerprint recognition on my phone but still, it is frustrating.

I have about 400 passwords, so I have a password reminder service. You only have to remember only Master password and rest gets populated.

LASTPASS, and Dashlane come to mind. There are free services and paid services.
These services also can generate a password for you.

can appreciate this very much.
I have face recognition as well as fingerprint recognition on my phone but still, it is frustrating.(#107)

How do you manage when the phone gets locked It once happened - I was not able to open my phone - did not respond to correct security line pattern ! How do you unlock? Face recognition & fingerprint are they failure proof?

can appreciate this very much.
I have face recognition as well as fingerprint recognition on my phone but still, it is frustrating.(#107)

How do you manage when the phone gets locked It once happened - I was not able to open my phone - did not respond to correct security line pattern ! How do you unlock? Face recognition & fingerprint are they failure proof?

You can change your phone's unlock mechanism. It needs to be as robust as you want. You need not have a passcode to open your phone. You should ask your phone guys to make it simple for you.

I am all for password free opening of mobile phone.
Also use Apps of most banks for transactioms.
It is wise to have a .mix of Psu banks like SBI and IB or Iob along withHDFc or Icici.
Open prilivileged accounts for a host of benifits.
Automate payment of monthly bills like electricity water and any other utility like TV Telebhone Mobile charging so thst hassles sre minimum.
Get home service from banks forcash withdrawls and keep a buffer home for emergencies.
I have learnt to play the senior citizen card for any service.
As one ages there is loss of memory and one has to take life easy delegating more to others.
Trusting others is key to good living.

Would we in our lifetime seean India where caste and religion take a back seat in dealing with any issue.
Economy is in shambles Unemployment has gone up . More have gone into poverty Food inflarion is shooting up . Supply chain disruptions are showing up.
Intrestingly rural indian have shrugged off corona , agriculture is normal. There are no power water issues. Only cost of seeds and fertilisers have gone up.
Best placein india at present are the rural villages. My sambandhi isa farmer. He is puzzled by the talk of corona . It is life as usual for him. He prefers his village to bangalore where hischildren live.

. He is puzzled by the talk of corona . It is life as usual for him. He prefers his village to bangalore where hischildren live.(#111)

My maid is puzzled by talk of Kamala Harris - She thought it was Kamala Hassan contesting In US election & was thrilled about it!

Delhi govt initiative to post ads online for employment by private companies is helping the unemployed to try for them.
These are jobs which have become available as many deserted their jobs to go to their villages and not returned.
Most companies are paying much less to the newly employed.It is sad that those getting 30 to 40k are being offered 10 to 15K and the are taking it to avoid starvation.
Husband of my maid has been unemployed for 4 months or so . He is depending on his wife to support him

I never had any level of security to access my phone But when I download Yono and tried to register - prompted ' lock & unlock to proceed further and hence the line pattern !

,Once the phone was locked I got upset! But my son guided me to unlock it successfully I followed instructions as received in different phone . Most of the data was recovered which had google back up ! Data without back up will be lost!

We struggle with our PW for hackers it is child's play!

Usernames, Passwords Of Over 9,000 Canada Government Accounts Stolen

According to the CBC, a number of Canadians have reported since the beginning of August that their banking information associated with their Canada Revenue Agency accounts has been altered.

Maid is puzzled by talk of Kamala Harris - She thought it was Kamala Hassan contesting In US election & was thrilled about it!(#112)

Really enjoyed.

Good joke of 2020 and also we should appreciate how they are updated with Kamal Hasan and his politics and also his association in us too which made her to think so.

Maid is puzzled by talk of Kamala Harris - She thought it was Kamala Hassan contesting In US election & was thrilled about it!(#112)

Really enjoyed.

Good joke of 2020 and also we should appreciate how they are updated with Kamal Hasan and his politics and also his association in us too which made her to think so.

Thank you for the thumbs up!

Lotus in Sanskrit is Kamala ! Enjoy the coincidence as well!

Would we in our lifetime seean India where caste and religion take a back seat in dealing with any issue.
Economy is in shambles Unemployment has gone up . More have gone into poverty Food inflarion is shooting up . Supply chain disruptions are showing up.
Intrestingly rural indian have shrugged off corona , agriculture is normal. There are no power water issues. Only cost of seeds and fertilisers have gone up.
Best placein india at present are the rural villages. My sambandhi isa farmer. He is puzzled by the talk of corona . It is life as usual for him. He prefers his village to bangalore where hischildren live.

That may be difficult.

California authorities are suing Cisco and two of its employees for allegedly discriminating against an Indian engineer because he was from a lower caste than them.
The lawsuit, filed by California's Department of Fair Employment and Housing on Tuesday, alleges that Cisco (CSCO) "engaged in unlawful employment practices on the basis of religion, ancestry, national origin/ethnicity and race/color" against the engineer, who was not named in the complaint.
The lawsuit identifies the engineer as a Dalit, the lowest caste in India's dominant Hindu religion and a community commonly referred to as "untouchables." India's caste system was officially abolished in 1950, but the 2,000-year-old social hierarchy imposed on people by birth still exists in many aspects of life. The caste system categorizes Hindus at birth, defining their place in society, what jobs they can do and who they can marry.

When it monday there id a sigh of relief that the weekend is over.
Nothing gets done at usual time on weekends.
Working professionals get up late
Consequently domestic servants also turn up late.
As a retd person I dread weekends.Sundays are off days for domestics.
Saturday they report late as most wake up lare.
Breakfast is late or skipped.
After friday late celebrations with drinks most prefer to have lunch directly
Working hard on week days and living it up on weekends has become an accepted practice
This waycof living is likely to take heavy toll on livescof our youngsters.
A
Many have health issues.BP Diabetis Hearts giving up are becoming more common.

Most givecup corporate jobs by 35 and get into Start up mode and free lance

It is a disaster for many as they make losses and end up as wrecks.with health and money issues.

With frequent changes in visa rules US is losing its tag as the most desired desrination for indians.Good days are over .
Perhaps one can try for canada directly
Many of my relatives are keeping canada back up or shifting to canada.
They do not have much to look forward to in the US
Most senior citizen are back in india after the covid scare.
Most would prefer to die in india than in the US.

Today photographers day. I was going through my old photo albums with B & W photos taken by me! This photo of my son I think is the best of the lot. This was taken 1974 . Taken in a basic Kodak Brownie box that was presented by my father on my birthday. I think film was Agfa 120 taken in natural light Clear sharp good picture ! I have certain skills in cooking painting etc but some how was not serious about photography as an hobby which was costly in those times - Now in this digital era - no film - no negative - positive pc size prints - it looks a child play with mobile phones to Shoot and share. !

View attachment 10236

Compare this with one I took on my Samsung Bright very Colorful - Taken in Ramada Kochi - wedding reception! This just focus & shoot unlike B&W which requires certain human skill!

View attachment 10237
Colour photo is nice .How much technology has evolved over the years.
Even a child can click selfies with mobiles.

Those who would liketo play with small money in shares try small amounts say 5 or 10k in penny shares
My list yes bank future consumer rcom idea vakrangee iob jp associates
Make it day trade or btst .
In three trading sessions you nmight collect 10vto 15 %..
It will pay for weekly vegetables .

During my stay 2 wedding celebrated. Both NRI. Non Keralites! But Hindus - Aryasamaj rituals - mixture of Gujarathi & Rajasthani culture No local invitees All flown down from Dubai London USA and from Delhi Gujarat & Rajasthan - around 50 people some in wheel chairs! The wedding is organized by event managers - It is riot of fun for every one! I and Bathool invited ourselves to join the party and were not unwanted - got introduced to everyone including the bride & groom !

During our annual meets , We are totally cut off from the rest including our children No phone calls no TV no news papers we live in our own wonderland like Alice!

It is all fun no gloom! Look at the fun in Ramada - J ,JJ & Razak, Bathool.

1597846554147_0_IMG-20200226-WA0002.jpg

1597846693250_1597846683688_0_20200221_145134.jpg

0_20200221_095926.jpg

0_20200221_095543.jpg

These pictures have beautifully captured our சின்ன சின்ன ஆசை!

I see most of us can resonate with Lakshmi in the movie Oh!Baby!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Granny Oh Baby is a remake of a south korean movie Miss Granny
A Telugu-language Indian remake, Oh! Baby, was released in 2019 and was a blockbuster at the box office,[47] while a Bollywood remake[48] and a German remake are in development.[39]

CJ E&M and Beijing Century Media co-produced a Chinese remake titled 20 Once Again, which was released on January 8, 2015.[35] Directed by Leste Chen, it starred Yang Zishan, Gua Ah-leh, Chen Bolin, and Lu Han.[36][37][38]

The Vietnamese remake titled Sweet 20, directed by Phan Gia Nhat Linh, was released on December 11, 2015.[39][40]

The Japanese remake Sing My Life (Ayashii Kanojo or "Suspicious Girl") was co-financed by CJ E&M, Shochiku Films and Nippon TV, and produced by C&I Entertainment. Directed by Nobuo Mizuta and starring Mikako Tabe and Mitsuko Baisho,[39] it was released on April 1, 2016.[40]

In November 2016, it was announced that two remakes aimed at the North American market would be produced. One, in English, would be produced by Tyler Perry, and the other, in Spanish, by Eugenio Derbez.[41]

A Thai remake titled Suddenly Twenty was released on November 24, 2016.[40][42]

An Indonesian remake, entitled Sweet 20, was released on June 25, 2017.

In the Philippines, Viva Films secured the rights to do an adaptation through its partnership with CJ Entertainment, with Sarah Geronimo as the lead.[43][44] James Reid was later cast as her grandson.[45] It was released on August 22, 2018, also entitled Miss Granny.[46]

Latest ads

Back