• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Status of brahmins in Global Scenario - reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
20-06-2012,

DEAR BRAHMINS,

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT BRAHMINS
THE FIRST IN INDIA, 3rd IN ASIA, 11th IN WORLD MOST AFFLUENT COMMUNITY.
15% OF INDIA & 70% OF GUAJARAT'S BUSINESS ARE HANDLED BY BRAHMINS.
BRAHMINS ARE THE 4th RICHEST COMMUNITY IN THE WORLD. BRAHMINS HAVE
260 DIFFERENT SURNAMES. 35% NRI ARE BRAHMINS. IN 2018 BRAHMINS WILL BE
WORLD'S NO.1 COMMUNITY. HELP ALL BRAHMINS U COME ACROSS IN ALL possible
WAYS. SEND IT TO ALL BRAHMINS U KNOW. FEEL PROUD TO BE A BRAHMIN.

HELP DESERVING BRAHMINS, WHO ARE IN THE LOWEST EBBS, TO UPLIFT THEM,
WHICH SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AS EACH ONE RESPONSIBILITY TO REMOVE THEIR
POVERTY, SINCE IT IS CLINGING ON THEM IN CERTAIN PERCENTAGE.

THE REAL HAPPINESS LIES WHEN WE SACRIFICE AND HELP THE REALLY NEEDY AND
POOR, TO ERADICATE THE POVERTY.

JOIN IN THE ABOVE AND EXTEND YOUR SUPPORT IN THE WELFARE OF OUR COMMUNITY.
WITH FULL HEARTINESS.
- S.M.SRINIVASAN.

Are you talking about "brahmins" by birth, or by action, or by practice?
What is the definition? Who authorizes the brahmin- ness? Just out of curiosity LOL.

What is the definition? Who authorizes the brahmin- ness? Just out of curiosity LOL.
dear sir !
let the Brahmin community by birth feel proud about it and try to help our community as said by sri srinivasan and think of brahminism by action &practice .When those people not able to spell Tamil words properly are telling tamizhan endru solada,thalai nimirthu nilada.what is hesitation on our part? let us make earnest start and momentum will gather
guruvayurappan

More power to you.
But Are saraswat Brahmins included?
How about Bengali Brahmins?
How about Bhumiar Brahmins of Bihar?
How about Numbidri of Kerela?
How about Nahars of Gujarat who claim superiority over brahmins?
How about all the Brahmins who went abroad, and are technically lost their Brahminism?
How about all the Brahmin widows, who are disowned by the community?

How about some of the members (in this site) who were not born of Brahmin parents?

Please remember the motto of the site, it is open to all members.

Status of brahmins in Global Scenario - reg.

20-06-2012,
...........................................................................................

- S.M.SRINIVASAN.

Dear Sri Srnivasan,

Well said. Welcome to the Forum. The above two paras of your post summerise
the attitude expected of a true Brahmin.
Let me add one more sentence to your post:
lokah samastha sukhino bhavanthu
May all the beings in the world be happy;
This should be our motto in life.
We should never forget that we live in a society and all people in our society
should be happy.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
More power to you.
How about all the Brahmins who went abroad, and are technically lost their Brahminism?

How about some of the members (in this site) who were not born of Brahmin parents?

I see no reason for taunting a new member. It is a little disappointing that you too indulge in such shadow-boxing much like the brabas of yore.

There is no reference to only tambrams. It says brahmins.
In many famiilies, widows were respected, perhaps not so in some. A relative of mine who passed away in her eighties, was holding the fort, managing properties and household for over fifty years as a widow.
when i say, i am intelligent, i do not mean or imply that others are dunce.

More power to you.

when i say, i am intelligent, i do not mean or imply that others are dunce.

Not to insult your intelligence sir, but there is a slight contradiction in your argument. If everybody were as intelligence as you, then you wouldn't really be called intelligent, would you? You would just be ordinary. If you are above average, then there must be some below average.

If we say classify any community as richer (in any way) we automatically classify other communities as being poorer.

I do not see it as a contradiction or flaw. If only intelligence is extended to multiple disciplines, not just physics or logic, and wealth is extended to non material objects as well, beyond money, property and jwellery.
perhaps some may explain it better than i do. Why rama should call vali as vanarottama or ravana with glorifying terms?

Not to insult your intelligence sir, but there is a slight contradiction in your argument. If everybody were as intelligence as you, then you wouldn't really be called intelligent, would you? You would just be ordinary. If you are above average, then there must be some below average.

If we say classify any community as richer (in any way) we automatically classify other communities as being poorer.

20-06-2012,

DEAR BRAHMINS,

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT BRAHMINS
THE FIRST IN INDIA, 3rd IN ASIA, 11th IN WORLD MOST AFFLUENT COMMUNITY.
15% OF INDIA & 70% OF GUAJARAT'S BUSINESS ARE HANDLED BY BRAHMINS.
BRAHMINS ARE THE 4th RICHEST COMMUNITY IN THE WORLD. BRAHMINS HAVE
260 DIFFERENT SURNAMES. 35% NRI ARE BRAHMINS. IN 2018 BRAHMINS WILL BE
WORLD'S NO.1 COMMUNITY. HELP ALL BRAHMINS U COME ACROSS IN ALL possible
WAYS. SEND IT TO ALL BRAHMINS U KNOW. FEEL PROUD TO BE A BRAHMIN.

JOIN IN THE ABOVE AND EXTEND YOUR SUPPORT IN THE WELFARE OF OUR COMMUNITY.
WITH FULL HEARTINESS.
- S.M.SRINIVASAN.

I see no harm in this but let me add..charity should be to the most deserving candidate and not becos the person belongs to the same community as us.
Don't let Mamaiva be the sole criteria for charity.

I remember once in a shopping mall here an Indonesian worker was relating her problems to a lady (a non hindu) and wanted some cash.
This happened in the ladies rest room.
The Indonesian was a cleaner there.
So the Non Hindu lady gave the Indonesian some cash and then after a while she asked the Indonesian if she was the same religion as her.
Ok in Indonesia we have muslims and also christians and some hindus too.
The lady who gave the cash was almost going to take back the money she gave and asked the Indonesian again and again.."are you the same religion as me?"
finally the indonesian said yes.

Then the lady told the Indonesian.."if you were not my religion I was planning to take back the money"

See what I mean? That isn't charity.

Society can't prosper if only a portion of society flourishes.
What is the use of having a business if the consumers can't afford to purchase what we sell.

That's why our ancients have always stressed upon "Loka Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu"
Even scriptures describe each Varna arising from each part of the Supreme Person.
That only goes to show that each one in society have to support each other.
Society can not be dismembered.

renuka said:
See what I mean? That isn't charity.

I believe institutes started by Sai do not discriminate based on caste or religion. The only discrimination is based on one's economic status, with preference given to the poor and needy.

I also believe much criticism levelled against Sai is precisely for the same reason!

கால பைரவன்;142091 said:
I believe institutes started by Sai do not discriminate based on caste or religion. The only discrimination is based on one's economic status, with preference given to the poor and needy.

I also believe much criticism levelled against Sai is precisely for the same reason!

There is no discrimination based on economic status too.

Sri Sathya Sai Hospital Mission Statement:

Sri Sathya Sai Medical Trust provides free medical care to the sick and ailing with the dedication, commitment, love and the best of skills, so that they will be cured in body, mind and spirit. Our Mission is to provide high quality medical care free of charge to all irrespective of caste, creed, religion, and financial status in an atmosphere of love and care.

There is no discrimination based on economic status too.

Sri Sathya Sai Hospital Mission Statement:

Sri Sathya Sai Medical Trust provides free medical care to the sick and ailing with the dedication, commitment, love and the best of skills, so that they will be cured in body, mind and spirit. Our Mission is to provide high quality medical care free of charge to all irrespective of caste, creed, religion, and financial status in an atmosphere of love and care.

I thought in educational institutions run by Sai Trust, preference is given to the poor and needy. Not that I am complaining.

These institutes delivered real social justice to the downtrodden as opposed to the communal quotas institutionalized as means to capture power and loot the nation!

கால பைரவன்;142097 said:
I thought in educational institutions run by Sai Trust, preference is given to the poor and needy. Not that I am complaining.

These institutes delivered real social justice to the downtrodden as opposed to the communal quotas institutionalized as means to capture power and loot the nation!

Sai Educational Institutions

These schools and institutes are maintained under the auspices of the Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust and are entirely free. There is no charge for tuition or room and board (there may be a small charge for room and board at the university level).

Your LOL is okay but I do not understand the reason behind the questions preceding them

In the caste census underway one can give his/her caste as brahmin, vanniyar, vellalar or anything he/she fancies; the enumerator does not ask any question or asks for proof. Of course, those who want benefit of reservation, must produce caste certificate when asked. Brahmins need not produce any certificate during their educational or working life span. One who has doubts about his brahminness can opt for any other caste name, as of today. There can't be a simpler explanation than this, I think.

கால பைரவன்;142052 said:
I see no reason for taunting a new member. It is a little disappointing that you too indulge in such shadow-boxing much like the brabas of yore.

There is no taunting. It is just to point out that class warfare is dangerous. It is unnecessary to start one in a public forum where people of multiple caste are present. The person may be new but the rules of the forum states that it is open to all caste.
The calculation is based on misleading parameters. I can claim what ever I want, as long as I do not have to prove it to anyone else.
I do not want this to start another war. That is why I want Mr. Srinivasan to respond to my question.

In the caste census underway one can give his/her caste as brahmin, vanniyar, vellalar or anything he/she fancies; the enumerator does not ask any question or asks for proof. Of course, those who want benefit of reservation, must produce caste certificate when asked. Brahmins need not produce any certificate during their educational or working life span. One who has doubts about his brahminness can opt for any other caste name, as of today. There can't be a simpler explanation than this, I think.

I agree with your statement 100%. That why the statistics provided by Mr. Srinivasan is misleading to an extent. Birth based divisions do not serve any purpose except to show superiority over fellow members, it is unnecessary.

thats what people deduce, but it need not necessarily imply the same. Why cant a class of people claim they are well to do without meaning any offence to anyone else?
When I admit I am dumb, I dont pretend to imply that the others are brilliant either.

This was my contention to begin with this thread. It creates an unnecessary division among us in this site. The birth based distinction have a negative connotation. Why do we need to fight this division again. It has never solved any conflict, on the other hand it has created more.

I support Renukaji's point, if we need to support any one it should be need based and not caste based. I agree with Mr. Sarang that caste unfortunately plays a role in discrimination in India.

Your LOL is okay but I do not understand the reason behind the questions preceding them

I was expressing my disdain for birth based superiority. It diminished the individuals self earned excellence. There is a lot of credit to be given to the environment. Can you assure me that all brahmins (because of their birth) are as intelligent as the other brahmins.

Also claiming Brahmins to be superior to others unfortunate not to be brahmin is cruel and hurtful. Mr. Ozone you have not forgotten the battles we used to have with brahmin-bashers. How is this claim to superiority purely based on birth any different. Actually it proves the point the brahmin-bashers were making.

thats what people deduce, but it need not necessarily imply the same. Why cant a class of people claim they are well to do without meaning any offence to anyone else?
When I admit I am dumb, I dont pretend to imply that the others are brilliant either.

You may claim to be dumb if you are among your friends, who know you, and then you will be treated as modest. But if you are in a new place among strangers and claim to be dumb. you will be written off as dumb. It all depends on the context.

In a public forum we generally trust what you say, and not look behind the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back