• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Status of brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHANDRU1849

I have come across the following information on WHATSAPP, regarding statistics on Bs:

A study team of Bs worked for two months to know the status of Bs. Following are the findings:

* In respect of State-wise population, TN has 30.1 lakhs Bs

* Maximum and Minimum populated States are UP and Sikkim respectively.

* Maximum percentage of population is Uttarakand 20%

* Maximum Govt. employed Bs is in West Bengal

* Maximum literate Bs are in Kerala and HP

* Maximum number of well positioned Bs are in Assam

* Maximum number of CMs produced State – Rajasthan

* Maximum number of educated Bs – UP

* Lok Sabha 48%
Rajya Sabha 36%

* Governors 50%

* Cabinet Secretaries 33%

* Ministries Secretariat 54%

* Addl. Secretaries 62%

* Personal Secretaries 70%

* Vice Chancellors 51%

* Supreme Court Judges 56%

* High Court Judges 40%

* Indian Ambassadors 41%

* Public Sector

Central Govt 57%
State Govt 82%

* Bank Employees 57%

* Airlines 61%

* IAS Officers 72%

* IPS Officers 61%

* TV Artists & Bollywood 83%

* CBI/Customs 72%

* Whatsapp group managed by 59%

* FB managed by 50%

* 80% of top 500 companies managed by Bs.

UNQUOTE

While I am not sure whether the findings are indeed correct,it is rather surprising that we are still able to have a say in all fields. However, the achievement in most of the areas is not significant. Many, it seems, occupy only the seat.

to be of any relevance to this group, we need to discuss only tamil brahmins - iyers, iyengars and pattars.

Contrary to the moaning and groaning in this forum, B's are doing very well overall in India. Whatever the decline in social status is more than made up by growth in professional and economic status. Easily, easily far in excess of population ratio. That is neither a good nor a bad thing. We just hope that a job is held by whoever performs it best.

I have come across the following information on WHATSAPP, regarding statistics on Bs:

A study team of Bs worked for two months to know the status of Bs. Following are the findings:

* In respect of State-wise population, TN has 30.1 lakhs Bs

* Maximum and Minimum populated States are UP and Sikkim respectively.

* Maximum percentage of population is Uttarakand 20%

* Maximum Govt. employed Bs is in West Bengal

* Maximum literate Bs are in Kerala and HP

* Maximum number of well positioned Bs are in Assam

* Maximum number of CMs produced State – Rajasthan

* Maximum number of educated Bs – UP

* Lok Sabha 48%
Rajya Sabha 36%

* Governors 50%

* Cabinet Secretaries 33%

* Ministries Secretariat 54%

* Addl. Secretaries 62%

* Personal Secretaries 70%

* Vice Chancellors 51%

* Supreme Court Judges 56%

* High Court Judges 40%

* Indian Ambassadors 41%

* Public Sector

Central Govt 57%
State Govt 82%

* Bank Employees 57%

* Airlines 61%

* IAS Officers 72%

* IPS Officers 61%

* TV Artists & Bollywood 83%

* CBI/Customs 72%

* Whatsapp group managed by 59%

* FB managed by 50%

* 80% of top 500 companies managed by Bs.

UNQUOTE

While I am not sure whether the findings are indeed correct,it is rather surprising that we are still able to have a say in all fields. However, the achievement in most of the areas is not significant. Many, it seems, occupy only the seat.

We already discussed in an earlier thread that this post is mischievous..Except number rest are all concocted figures! Request that this be deleted

We already discussed in an earlier thread that this post is mischievous..Except number rest are all concocted figures! Request that this be deleted

As I mentioned in the line of my thread that I am not sure about the findings. But how can you say it is mischievous? Do you have any real statistics on the status of Bs?

As I mentioned in the line of my thread that I am not sure about the findings. But how can you say it is mischievous? Do you have any real statistics on the status of Bs?

If you do not have basis please do not share figures which are contested..We are living in an anti TB world in TN...Better watch out for miscreants posting scurrilous information!

Tamil Brahmins of old & new generation are mostly well-off in all respects. They are self-evolving lot.. It would superficially appear that they have no apparent unity ,but in their own way develop circle of friends and would stick to it on a permanent basis.Aii are sincere/ co-ordinate & help each other in case of need with no misunderstandings.They would not aspire for anything high & invariably ke ep their wives/husbands.
This is done quietly...
( Rishikesan ) A.Srinivasan

If you do not have basis please do not share figures which are contested..We are living in an anti TB world in TN...Better watch out for miscreants posting scurrilous information!

It seems you have a fixed mind set about status of Bs in Tamil Nadu.

This information came on the Whatsapp from my 'Athu Vadhyar' (Sastrigal).

It is true that Tamil Bs are finding it difficult to get admission in Professional Colleges, especially in Medical Colleges, apart from employment opportunities in Govt. Actually, Tamil Bs have started moving out of TN long before Dravidian rule came into existence. Some of my relatives went to Mumbai as early as mid-19402 and their children have either become Maratis or Gujaratis depending on their marriages.

Your statement 'we are living in an anti TB world in TN' does not have much weightage. Are we being targeted daily by goons like what the Dalitis are experiencing.

The economic status of Bs might have come down to a certain extent. Instead of begging the Govt. Bs can unite together solidly and help each other, as in the case of Parsis.

What is the TN Brahmins Association doing which has been formed more than three decades back.

This thread is closed as the data posted in the opening post cannot be verified.

IF there is a credible source of information for the data, please share via pm and the thread will be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back