• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Status of brahmins in Global Scenario - reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is slightly misleading. India itself is a poor country and most of its people are poor.

I think the question is whether the average Brahmin is more affluent than the average Indian.

I don't think it is controversial to say, the answer is yes.

I do not think we have enough reliable data to reach that conclusion.
I think Mr. XLR8R was only posting relative number in Indian condition. And he is right that majority of Brahmins are not rich in financial terms.

namaskars.BRAHMIN is one who renders his service-by way of reciting VEDHA manthras ,his nithya karmanustanas& DHARMA SASTHRAS to the benefit of prapancham- with no expectation in return - leading an humble and simple life. (please read 'DEIVATHIN KURAL-MUDHAL BAGAM-first three major headings.."AANO BHADHRO KRUTHAVO YANTHU VISVATHAHA"(LET KNOWBLE THOUGHTS COME FROM ALL DIRECTIONS.with namaskars.v.lalithakumar

Brahmin priests in the temples have a traditional value than others. If one goes through
the history, it can be easily noticed they have a say in the traditional education of Vedas.
They have worked as Priests, Teachers, Scholars, Advocates, etc. Although Brahmins
may have been a minority even from those days, they enjoyed an important role in the
Hindu Society. Brahmins are popular in conducting rituals, particularly wedding and funerals,
etc. Besides because of their rich education and sound knowledge in Vedas, Puranas, Astrology,
etc, they were able to interpret the will of the Navagraha movements, accurately.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Brahmin priests in the temples have a traditional value than others. If one goes through
the history, it can be easily noticed they have a say in the traditional education of Vedas.
They have worked as Priests, Teachers, Scholars, Advocates, etc. Although Brahmins
may have been a minority even from those days, they enjoyed an important role in the
Hindu Society. Brahmins are popular in conducting rituals, particularly wedding and funerals,
etc. Besides because of their rich education and sound knowledge in Vedas, Puranas, Astrology,
etc, they were able to interpret the will of the Navagraha movements, accurately.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear sir,

I agree with what you wrote.We should be thankful to the true Brahmin community for that.

But the last line makes me wonder:

Besides because of their rich education and sound knowledge in Vedas, Puranas, Astrology,

But surprisingly the White American reached the moon first!LOL

Nobody really knows for sure

What are you saying???

All we need is the late Neil Armstrong's horoscope and we can have experts check it out to see if he had actually stepped foot on the moon!LOL

Last edited:
What are you saying???

All we need is the late Neil Armstrong's horoscope and we can have experts check it out to see if he had actually stepped foot on the moon!LOL

Oh Renuka, that is totally blasphemy, how can human (that too a non-brahmin) set foot on moon. We worship moon as one of the Grahas (which itself a fallacy as moon goes round earth and not around Sun).
I thought moon was made of cheese (tom and Jerry cartoon).

Dear sir,

I agree with what you wrote.We should be thankful to the true Brahmin community for that.

But the last line makes me wonder:

But surprisingly the White American reached the moon first!LOL

In samadhi state our sages travel to any place in the universe. I can quote many examples of such incidents which
happened in the last century . Without any investment in big equipments of course .

Oh Renuka, that is totally blasphemy, how can human (that too a non-brahmin) set foot on moon. We worship moon as one of the Grahas (which itself a fallacy as moon goes round earth and not around Sun).
I thought moon was made of cheese (tom and Jerry cartoon).

LOL! I only saw this today!

In samadhi state our sages travel to any place in the universe. I can quote many examples of such incidents which
happened in the last century . Without any investment in big equipments of course .

Dear sir,

Since you brought up about travel to other planets etc I was just wondering that it is commonly thought that those who depart during the period of Uttarayana leads to the path of no rebirth and those who depart during the period of Dakshinayana leads to the path of rebirth.

It because of the tilt of the axis of the earth that gives us these 2 situations of Northern Orbit and Southern Orbit.

But in reality even time and direction is only relative in space.
For time and directions do not apply in space.

Sathya Sai Baba's has explained that Uttarayana and Dakshinayana is a not much of a period of time..it is a State of Mind as explained below:

Sathya Sai Baba - Geetha Vahini - XVIII - Page 101

Chapter XVIII
"Since the Uttarayana Marga is lit by the holy splendour of Jnana, it is praised as the Sukla marga or the white path. The Dakshinayana marga is dark, filled with Thamas and Ajnana; so it is called the dark path or the Krishna marga. Those who discard the body and journey on during the Uttarayana move along the white path and reach the stage of liberation or Moksha, which is devoid of delusion, which is the seat and source of Brahmananda, from which there is no return to this world of name and form, this arena of embodied beings. Those who leave the body during the Dakshinayana and move along the dark path, have to bear again this physical encasement called Deha, subject to birth and death."
"Uttarayana is not so much a period of time; it is a state of mind. Those who discard the body with the glory of self-knowledge move along the Uttarayana marga and those who die in ignorance of their Atmic reality move along the Pithryana, or Dakshinaya or the dark path."
"Of the Gunas, Sathwaguna is pure and effulgent; the Thamoguna is dark and so they are distinguished by the opposite colours of white and black. Again there are two Nadis, Ida and Pingala by name, subtle nerves; Ida to the left and Pingala to the right of the Sushumna. The Ida-naadimarga is the lunar path and the Pingala-naadimarga is the solar path. The Yogis proceed along the solar and the others along the lunar path. This is another of the unobserved mysteries."
"The end of everything that is born is death; Samyoga leads to Viyoga; construction must result in the destruction of that which is constructed. It is the law of nature that birth ends in death and death leads to birth. The stage which knows no coming and going is the stage when the universal Brahmam is visualised, for since Brahmam is all-pervasive, where is the other place from which the 'coming' can be effected and to which the 'going' can be performed?"

Applying western meaning of planets for the navagrahas and making fun of the apparent inconsistencies is due to ignorance. Sun is a griha and not a western planet. Rahu and ketu are not physical bodies, but north and south lunar nodes, denote the points of intersection of the paths of the sun and the moon as they move around the celestial sphere, Eclipses are related to these nodes.

It sounds so childish and immature when the rationalists argue in tv programmes, that sun is a star and not a planet and indian astrologers are foolish to call it so. Worse still some want rahu and ketu to be replaced by uranus and neptune. For once, they should learn to look through indian eyes, and not just ape the west.

There is no restriction on anyone including brahmins to visit moon or any other planet or 'trilok'.

Dear Renuka,
Dakshinayana and uttarayana have different meanings. You can refer to BG, Mundaka upanishad and sri Paramacharya's
explanation in this regard. When i find time , I will explain in detail about this. A brief view is :

These two are for those who travel to the respective worlds, enjoy the fruit of their karma, and take rebirth after the
period is over.

A Jnani does not travel anywhere; he attains mukthi here itself, in this body itelf , as a jivan muktha. He leaves
the body to prarabda karma and when the account is over, he lays down the body and attains videha mukthi. Dakshinayana
and uttarayana travel is not for him.

Chiding people for western ways in English!!!!!!!
You have your jalara party with you, that does not make the post any more relevant.

What are you saying???

The good thing is, our religious beliefs are far too great to be sullied by comments of people who neither have the maturity nor depth of understanding. Thank god, Indians/Hindus do not get swayed by the concept of 'blasphemy crap' found in some other societies.

In any case, a true brahmin is one who is singularly focused in pursuit of knowledge. While doing do, he or she must isolate his mind and thought process from the baggage of past beliefs and concentrate in unraveling the mystery of the universe created by the god.

IMHO, there is no conflict in having faith in the religion and at the same time, be completely objective, methodical and open in accepting scientific logic.

The good thing is, our religious beliefs are far too great to be sullied by comments of people who neither have the maturity nor depth of understanding. Thank god, Indians/Hindus do not get swayed by the concept of 'blasphemy crap' found in some other societies.

Dear sir/madam,

Even though Sanathana Dharma in it's true sense is not "tunnel vision" like but off late we see many people having refractory errors.

Sometimes one needs to read the full story to understand the purport of any reply posted here instead of jumping to conclusions of being Blasphemous etc.LOL!

I was just reading about Andhagajanyayah(अन्धगजन्यायः)..I guess you can understand what I am trying to say since I take it you have depth of understanding and maturity.

Last edited:
Mary had a little Lamb..Little Lamb, Little Lamb.

The story only begins!

Mary and the Lamb(the untold version).

Mary never knew the lamb was always following her but not as a well wisher but with a hidden agenda.

Nothing really went through the lamb's brain but it was just another de innervated Pavlov's experiment gone wrong.

Here when it saw Mary being targeted, the lamb was trained as reflex to click Like and Like and Like.

What had gone wrong?? Where had Pavlov gone wrong?

So tune in for the next episode of Mary had a little lamb the untold version!LOL

Last edited:
Mary had a little Lamb..Little Lamb, Little Lamb.

The story only begins!

Mary and the Lamb(the untold version).

Mary never knew the lamb was always following her but not as a well wisher but with a hidden agenda.

Nothing really went through the lamb's brain but it was just another de innervated Pavlov's experiment gone wrong.

Here when it saw Mary being targeted, the lamb was trained as reflex to click Like and Like and Like.

What had gone wrong?? Where had Pavlov gone wrong?

So tune in for the next episode of Mary had a little lamb the untold version!LOL
Smart one renu

I don't know why someone (i dont want to be unfair and say some people when its actually only 1 person) take such great pleasure when someone on their hate lists get told off by someone else. I feel this clicking like willy nilly will take away the seriousness and earnestness of the original posters points. Really sad.

I suppose these vidwans now claim "sun " is western.
Sun is a star in every language and not a planet in any language or culture.
It may be mistakenly identified as "planet" for astrological purpose.

Similarly a definition of planet is:
Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion
Kepler, after careful planetary observations, developed three laws of planetary motion. The first law states that each planet's orbit is an ellipse, with the Sun at one focus of the ellipse. An ellipse is oval and the foci are points within the oval. The farther the foci are from one another, the more elliptical the orbit. Kepler's second law states that each planet sweeps out equal areas of the ellipse in equal times. In other words, when a planet is in perihelion, it moves a farther in its orbit than it does at aphelion. The third law of planetary motion states that the ratio of squares of a revolutionary period for two planets is equal to the ratio of the cubes of their semimajor axis. This law implies that the amount of time it takes for a planet to orbit the Sun increases quickly with the planet's radius from the Sun.

I suppose we are getting out of topic.:focus:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back