• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Status of brahmins in Global Scenario - reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The caste system was developed long ago in India as a divisionof society based on the quality of a person’s personality and the type of workthey do. There were four categories of people. In the Bhagvad Gita,

chaturvarnam maya srushtamgunakarmavibhagashah
tasya kartaram api mam viddhy akartaramavyayam

“the system of four castes has been created on thedifferentiation of qualities and actions.
Brahmins were the first group of people and were considered tobe peaceful, calm, quiet, and spiritual and their work includes study,teaching, and priestly activities. This is the simple meaning of Brahmin,.Brahmins usually lead strict and disciplined spiritual lives, practisingdifferent religious rites and rituals and helping people to live a religiousand spiritual life.

Sir, I subscribe to your logic to an extent.
But based on Gita, who is a Brahmin.
If you go by your logic
guna karma vibhagashah.

It is not by birth. So you will run into trouble of caste system.

True, I did not go through the entire thread and sort of jumped the gun by reading too much on sun, horoscope, planet and what not on this thread. May be, got swayed by the hot news of Islam getting blasphemied by some content on YouTube around the time when I posted on your comment on Armstrong and his horoscope! Keep going. I need to spend more time in trying to understand you before I comment. But I am truly floored now. Whatever the hell is Andhagajanyayah.....?

Dear Sir,

No problems..we humans rarely understand each other!LOL

Don't worry about the Andhagajanyayah stuff..... Andha (Blind) Gajah (Elephant)..remember the story of the 5 blind men and the elephant?

So it's like that only..each one of us describes what we feel and is known to us....so don't worry we are all in the same boat.

I was studying my Sanskrit when you posted that post I guess at the same time when you were reading some anti religion stuff on Youtube!LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back