• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Starting New Threads - A plea to our members

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRS

Folks,

Of late, I am seeing a number of new threads started by individuals, who then do not contribute to the threads after the initial 'big bang'. While it is normal that some topics may not attract discussions and die a natural death, I am seeing a number of instances where the initiator does not respond or a poster drops off from a discussion even though others take their time to respond and the discussions are no way near the finishing point.

I would like to write my thoughts on this as a contribitor (nor as a moderator) as I would like to elicit some comments from our members:

1. One should not start a thread willy nilly without a committment to nurture it through.

2. If others respond, one has the duty to respond back. If one does not want to respond back, please state the reason as to why not. This way we acknowledge and respect the time and and thinking undertaken by the responders to post.

3. If one has no time to respond immediately, please say so and give an approximate time one would respond back. And please follow your own words. There is no problem in updating one's time of response if one has to change it due to circumstances.

These are my personal opinions as to how to contribute to a Forum. I myself must have violated these guidelines, but I think that all of us benefit if we follow these few rules by and large, when posting.

I invite other suggestions.

Regards,
KRS

krs,

i am with you in this.

one suggestion is that a member has to post a minimum certain number of threads before he/she is permitted to start a new thread.

there are enough threads around, including the archives, which a member can request to resuscitate, to come close, to the topic that the member wishes to post.

there are many ways around, than inanely, starting threads for the fun of it.

thank you.

Starting New Threads.

Dear Sri K.R.S.,

I fully agree with your views on Starting New Threads. In this regard in addition to the points given by you, I would suggest that all new Threads should pass through Moderation, before getting into the Forum for discussions. This will avoid duplication and repetition. But I am hesitant to go with Sri Kunajuppu on his suggestion to put a "minimum qualification" to start a Thread. I have seen many new members starting very good topics in the Forum for discussion at the first instance itself.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Last edited:
If anybody wants to start a new thread, let them go through a screening process where their commitment is fully ensured. Let the organisers of this website and Moderators devise regulatory frame work for starting a thread.

From experience, moderation does not always go well with people.
Most associate internet as a freedom of expression and when we moderate they feel "violated" and send many a nice emails :)

We can let the new comers reply to threads and create threads in certain while having a certain restriction on others.
example: anyone can create a topic in the general discussion but in the temples section we can say they need to have atleast 5 posts or something.

I stand by Shri.KRS' views and I also felt the same.

Anyone who starts the thread should take the 'ownership' of that thread..

May be we can have few crispy guidelines displayed in red, when someone press the 'Start a new thread' button.

Three cardinal principles on starting a thread.

1. It shall not be, to the extent possible, just a rehash of an old one.
2. For sometime at least, the initiator shall nurture his own creation.
3. Freedom of expression is to be respected and preserved and moderation for new
comers will be understood as interference and censorship. It will discourage their
further participation and drive them away.

வணக்கம். நான் கூட ஒழுங்காக இந்தத் தளத்திற்கு வருவதில்லை.இனி வர இருக்கிறேன்.ஒரு பதிவைப் போட்டு விட்டு, பின் வசதியாக மறந்து போகும் என்னைப் போன்றவர்களை இடித்துரைத்தமைக்கு நன்றிகள்.நிர்வாகத்தின் கருத்துடன் ஒத்துப் போகிறேன்.

அது நியாயமானதும் கூட.

இந்தத் தளத்தில் தமிழில் பதிவதற்கு வசதிகள் இன்னமும் செம்மைப்படுத்தப்பட்டால் நன்றாயிருக்கும் என்று கருதுகிறேன்.,
பிராமணர்கள் என்றாலே தமிழுக்கு எதிரி; அது நீஷ பாஷை என்று சொல்பவர்கள் என்பவர்கள் மத்தியில் தான் இந்தத் தளமும் இருக்கிறது.
தமிழ் தாய் மொழி.சமஸ்கிருதம் ஹிந்து மதத்தின் மொழி.இரண்டும் இரு கண்கள்.சமஸ்கிருதம் தனிப்பட்டவர்களின் மொழி என்றாகி விட்ட நிலையில் யதார்த்தமாகப் பார்க்கும் போது, இந்தத் தளத்தில் அதிகம் ஆங்கில மொழியிலேயே பதிவுகள் இருக்கின்றன.தேவைப்பட்டால் எழுதுவதில் பிரச்சனையில்லை.நான் கூட எனக்குத் தெரிந்த ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதுகிறேன்.அதே சமயம், தமிழுக்கு,அதற்கு உரிய மரியாதையை நாம் கண்டிப்பாய்த் தரத்தான் வேண்டும்.,

தமிழ் தெரியாத பிராமணர்கள், உதாரணமாகக் கன்னட பிராமணர்கள் போன்றிருந்தால் அவர்கள் வேண்டுமானல் ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதட்டும்.
அடுத்து இசையின் பதிவிறக்கம் கண்டு மகிழ்ச்சி.எனக்கும் நிர்வாகம் ஒரு தனிச் செய்தி அனுப்பியது.இதில் பஜ கோவிந்தம் இல்லை என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.அது போல் நான் ரொம்ப நாளாய்த் தேடிக் கொண்டிருப்பது,
புலவர் கீரனின் ராமாயண, மகாபாரத உபன்யாசங்கள்;அவர் இறந்து விட்டார்.அவர் காலத்தில் இப்போதிருப்பது போல் அன்றைக்கு வசதிகள் இல்லை.ஆனாலும், காலத்தால் அழிக்க முடியாத உபன்யாசங்கள் அவை.அனேகமாகக் கிடைப்பது மிக அரிது.

முடிந்தால் அதனையும் சேர்க்கவும்

திரு நாராயணி அவர்களே
தங்கள் கருத்துக்கு நன்றி. இங்கு உரையாடும் பலருக்கு தமிழ் பேச மட்டுமே தெரியும். வெளி மாநிலங்களிகளில் மற்றும் வெளி நாடுகளில் வசிக்கும் பலருக்கு தமிழ் எழுத படிக்க தெரியாது. ஆகையால் ஆங்கிலத்தில் தொடர்வது அனைவருவருக்கும் நல்லது. தமிழ் வாழ்க

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

திரு நாராயணி அவர்கள் கூறியிருப்பது வரவேற்க தக்கது . ஆனால் தமிழை இந்த ஆங்கில தளத்தில் உபயோகிப்பது குழப்பத்தை உண்டாக்கும் என எண்ணுகிறேன் . தமிழுக்கென "தமிழ் பிராமஹ்ணர் " என்ற தனி தளத்தை ஆரம்பிப்பதே இதற்கு சரியான வழி என நினைக்கிறன்
வணக்கம்
ப்ரஹ்மன்யன்

To All: I accept your views,but I wanted to Know how you are all typeing in Tamil at this site, I am having Azagi setup in my comp.Pl let me know how to do this.S>R>K.

Please try the following website

w3 Tamil Web Keyboard (w3Tamil WK) - w3 ????? ???? ?????????? - w3Tamil.com

After typing, you have to copy and paste it

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Last edited:
venkat, esar,

i find it easier to use the google transliteration. you type in english the tamil word, and after spacing, it goes on tamil.

if you do not like the transliteration, go back to the word, and choose an alternate word from the drop down menu.

then cut and paste it here, like my reply to narayanee :)

Google Indic Transliteration

நாராயணீ,

நீங்கள் சொல்வது எல்லாம் சரிதான். ஆனால் என்னைப்போல் சிலருக்கு தமிழ் எழுதிப் பழக்கம் ரொம்ப வருடங்கள் ஆகி இருக்கிறது.

மொழிகள் எல்லாமே ஒரு கருவி தானே? நான் சொல்லுவது உங்களுக்கு புரியவேண்டும்.

நான் சொல்லும் அர்த்தமும் நீங்கள் புரிந்து கொள்ளும் அர்த்தமும் ஒரு சரி பாடாக இருக்க வேண்டும்.

இதிலே ஆங்கிலத்திற்கும் தமிழுக்கும் ஏன் வித்தியாசம் காட்ட வேண்டும்?

இதில் யாருக்கும் வெட்கப்படுவதற்கு ஒன்றும் இல்லை, என்று நான் நினைக்கிறேன்.

நன்றி

Because it is a portal for all bramhins, tamil, telugu.kannada ,keralite,etc , all south indian,north indian bramhins it is better to continue in a well known language to all.
that is English

Even yesterday a member ( I don't want to mention the name) opened a forum which was basically against our traditions. I objected to the topic and the forum itself was deleted within few minutes. Thanks Site owners/Moderators for the quick action.

Everybody including people who are against our community are able to register into this website without any problem. Such people who are against our community, immediately after registration, start a new forum on a topic which is not at all relevant to our community or our traditions. We have to prevent such attitude of intruders.

I have nothing against people not belonging to our community registering into our website as long as they are not against us. Their participation may lead to healthy integration of minds and may lead to more co-operation & better environment.

I earnestly request the site owners and moderators to evolve a method by which those who are against our community are identified and if required expelled from our website. At the same time other community members who are not against us & would like to interact with our members are encouraged to participate in our forums. This will lead to healthy integration of all the communities and will reduce/eliminate misunderstandings

We have to evolve a system by which intruders are identified and eliminated from the forum at the earliest. Site owners/Moderators can delete/merge/modify forums on a continuous basis so that duplication of forums are avoided. (for example there is two forums for S.Ve.Sekhar which is not at all required. Infact S.Ve.Sekhar himself has gone to his shell and no body knows about his next move. But we are all discussing about him and his proposed party)

Last edited:
Everybody including people who are against our community are able to register into this website without any problem. Such people who are against our community, immediately after registration, start a new forum on a topic which is not at all relevant to our community or our traditions.

The main reason is we are open and we do not do anything against anybody/anything. Once we are closed and allow selective membership, then we are subjected to various levels of scrutiny - including legal.

There are some ppl outside the community who might want to learn or want to share certain things.

Plus,
there are many people within us who do not participate citing various reasons (sometimes the most bizarre and silliest). All it takes is a simple registration now. If we had to authenticate every member, then there will be no participation at all.

The main reason is we are open and we do not do anything against anybody/anything. Once we are closed and allow selective membership, then we are subjected to various levels of scrutiny - including legal.

There are some ppl outside the community who might want to learn or want to share certain things.

Plus,
there are many people within us who do not participate citing various reasons (sometimes the most bizarre and silliest). All it takes is a simple registration now. If we had to authenticate every member, then there will be no participation at all.

Dear Sri Praveen ji,

We have to be open and there is no two opinion about it. However we have to detect intruders who are against our community and expel them from our website itself.

Atleast they should declare that they have faith in `Hinduism' and are not against our community. If not, their registration should be rejected.

Our liberal outlook should not be misused by some body.

Those who come here to propagate other religion or express views against Hindu religion or our community need not be admitted.

Let them go to forums which are meant for them.

Let us have internal criticism, debates, arguments within the four walls.
Let us not allow others to interfere in our affairs. I am sure, all of us, don't want to interfere in others affairs also.

Freedom of expression enshrined in our constitution is not to talk or write whatever we like. It has some limitations also. Same way, freedom of religion & practice is permitted in our constitution. However we don't have right to criticise other faiths or non-believers.

Last edited:
re

Plus,

Shree Praveen,

There is a company in Israel which has developed software called calling ID.Once downloaded,the browser gives the name and address of each website with a rating thru color codes.Maybe if you could incorporate such a software,then each memebers postings will be displayed next to their names,thereby allowing greater scrutiny and security as requested by Shree Venkataramani.

I personally think our moderators like you are already doing yeoman service to Tamizhbrahmins.Please consider my suggestion,if its a win-win sitiuation for our forum members.Thank you!

gopal.

Folks,

Sri Praveen Ji and the moderators like myself are constantly on the vigil for intruders. We continuously delete threads/posts that we deem as unworthy to be here. Usually we do it within minutes of such postings. But sometimes, it so happens that one of you, who happens to catch it, brings it to our attention, before we see it. In those circumstances, we delete it as soon as we notice it.

This process works well. There is not a good way to know the identity of each member as solely belonging to our community. The only way we know is through the postings and the ideas expressed therein.

Let us not make this complicated - we all just need to be vigilant, that's all. All are welcome here as long as they post information that is of relevance to our community in general.

Regards,
KRS

வணக்கம். நான் கூட ஒழுங்காக இந்தத் தளத்திற்கு வருவதில்லை.இனி வர இருக்கிறேன்.ஒரு பதிவைப் போட்டு விட்டு, பின் வசதியாக மறந்து போகும் என்னைப் போன்றவர்களை இடித்துரைத்தமைக்கு நன்றிகள்.நிர்வாகத்தின் கருத்துடன் ஒத்துப் போகிறேன்.

அது நியாயமானதும் கூட.

இந்தத் தளத்தில் தமிழில் பதிவதற்கு வசதிகள் இன்னமும் செம்மைப்படுத்தப்பட்டால் நன்றாயிருக்கும் என்று கருதுகிறேன்.,
பிராமணர்கள் என்றாலே தமிழுக்கு எதிரி; அது நீஷ பாஷை என்று சொல்பவர்கள் என்பவர்கள் மத்தியில் தான் இந்தத் தளமும் இருக்கிறது.
தமிழ் தாய் மொழி.சமஸ்கிருதம் ஹிந்து மதத்தின் மொழி.இரண்டும் இரு கண்கள்.சமஸ்கிருதம் தனிப்பட்டவர்களின் மொழி என்றாகி விட்ட நிலையில் யதார்த்தமாகப் பார்க்கும் போது, இந்தத் தளத்தில் அதிகம் ஆங்கில மொழியிலேயே பதிவுகள் இருக்கின்றன.தேவைப்பட்டால் எழுதுவதில் பிரச்சனையில்லை.நான் கூட எனக்குத் தெரிந்த ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதுகிறேன்.அதே சமயம், தமிழுக்கு,அதற்கு உரிய மரியாதையை நாம் கண்டிப்பாய்த் தரத்தான் வேண்டும்.,

தமிழ் தெரியாத பிராமணர்கள், உதாரணமாகக் கன்னட பிராமணர்கள் போன்றிருந்தால் அவர்கள் வேண்டுமானல் ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதட்டும்.
அடுத்து இசையின் பதிவிறக்கம் கண்டு மகிழ்ச்சி.எனக்கும் நிர்வாகம் ஒரு தனிச் செய்தி அனுப்பியது.இதில் பஜ கோவிந்தம் இல்லை என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.அது போல் நான் ரொம்ப நாளாய்த் தேடிக் கொண்டிருப்பது,
புலவர் கீரனின் ராமாயண, மகாபாரத உபன்யாசங்கள்;அவர் இறந்து விட்டார்.அவர் காலத்தில் இப்போதிருப்பது போல் அன்றைக்கு வசதிகள் இல்லை.ஆனாலும், காலத்தால் அழிக்க முடியாத உபன்யாசங்கள் அவை.அனேகமாகக் கிடைப்பது மிக அரிது.

முடிந்தால் அதனையும் சேர்க்கவும்
Naraayanee saar, vanakkam. Enna oru vilakkam. Tamizh theriyadha Thamizh Brahmanan irukka mudiyaadhu. Tamizh theriyavillai enraal aangilaththil ezhudhalaame thavarillai. Indha inayathalam ella Brahmanarhalukkum thaan. Aanaal therindhum theriyadhu pol iruppadhu nalladhalla.

Idhu yenakku therindha Thamzh yezhudhu murai yen yenral Kaniniyil eppadi Thamizhil yezhudhuvadhu enru theriyaadhu.

SN Sugumar

Idhu yenakku therindha Thamzh yezhudhu murai yen yenral Kaniniyil eppadi Thamizhil yezhudhuvadhu enru theriyaadhu.

SN Sugumar

Sugumar,

Pls try Quillpad - Typing in Hindi has never been easier

I just copied your sentence and pasted in quillpad and this is what i got. I just had to tweak a bit to get the correct "ல்"

இது எனக்கு தெரிந்த தமழ் எழுது முறை ஏன் என்றால் கணினியில் எப்படி தமிழில் எழுதுவது என்று தெரியாது.

சித்திரமும் கை பழக்கம் செந்தமிழும் நா பழக்கம்

நல்லது நண்பரே!நான் அதிகமாக உபயோகப்படுத்தும் தமிழ் மென்பொருள் தளம்,இது தான்.

Gopi's Unicode Tamil Converter - Thagadoor 3.0

வாழ்த்துக்கள்.எழுதிப் பழகினால் தன்னால் வரும்.
தங்கிலீஷில் எழுதவும்..உதாரணத்திற்கு..அம்மா = ammaa அப்பா =appaa
தமிழ் என்றவுடன் எனக்கு சமீபத்தில் கலந்து கொண்ட வைஷ்ணவாளின் உபநயனம் நினைவுக்கு வருகிறது.இவர்கள் ஒன்று பிராமணத் தமிழ் அல்லது சமஸ்கிருதத்தில் பேசுகிறார்கள்.அல்லது,ஆங்கிலத்தில்.இவர்கள் வெளி நாட்டிலிருக்கிறார்களாம்.தமிழ் சரியாகப் பேசத் தெரியாதாம்.அவர்களிடம் எழுதத் தெரியுமா என்று கேட்கவே எனக்குத் தோன்றவில்லை.இவர்கள் பக்கா பிராமணர்கள்.அறிவு ஜீவிகள்.20 வயதுக்குள் இருக்கும்.அவர்களின் பெற்றோர்கள் தமிழ் சொல்லிக் கொடுத்திருக்கலாம்..வீட்டிலாவது.
எனக்கு மைலாப்பூரில் சில மேட்டுக் குடி பிராமணர்கள் பேசிக் கொள்ளும் போது சிரிப்பு வரும்;சில சமயம் எரிச்சலும் வரும்..
உதாரணமாக,
சாப்பிட்டு விட்டு..என்று சொல்வதை ஷாப்பிட்டு விட்டு, அல்லது ச்சாப்பிட்டு விட்டு..
அது போல்,சொன்னாள் என்பதை, ஷொன்னாள் என்றும் சொல்வது...
எது எப்படியோ..தமிழ் நமது தாய் மொழி..அதை சிதைக்காமல், அலட்டிக் கொள்ளாமல், அலுத்துக் கொள்ளாமல் எழுதினால் நன்றாக இருக்கும் என்று நினைக்கிறேன்.அதற்காக, செய்யுள் தமிழ் எழுத வேண்டுமென்று சொல்லவில்லை.

நம்மிடையே மொழி ஒரு பிரச்சினையாக ஆகி விடக்குடாது என்பது என் கருத்து. ஆங்கிலம் மட்டுமே எழுத படிக்க தெரிந்தவர்கள் இந்த இணையத்தளத்தில் ஓரளவு உள்ளனர்.

தமிழில் எழுத ஆர்வம் உள்ளவர்கள் தமிழில் எழுதட்டும்.

ஆங்கிலம் தமிழ் இரண்டும் தெரிந்தும் பழக்க வழக்கத்தால் ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதுவது சுலபமாக கருதுவபவர்கள் ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதட்டும். அவர்களால் தமிழில் எழுதுவதை புரிந்து கொண்டு ஆங்கிலத்தில் பதில் எழுத முடியும்.

ஆங்கிலம் மட்டுமே தெரிந்தவர்கள் ஆங்கிலத்தில் எழுதட்டும்.

தமிழில் எழுத பல்வேறு இணையதளங்கள் உள்ளன. அங்கு எழுதி பின் இந்த இணையத்தளத்தில் மறு பதிவு (copy) செய்துகொள்ளலாம்.

மொழியை மீண்டும் மீண்டும் ஒரு பிரச்சினை ஆக்கி நம்மிடையே பிளவு ஏற்படுத்துவது நல்லது அல்ல.

அனைத்து மொழிகளையும் ஆதரிப்போம்.

தமிழ் வாழ்க

I have spent my whole life in Tamilnadu. I studied Tamil under great scholars. I have collected lot of literature works in Tamil particularly Saiva Panniru Thirumurai, Nalayira Divya Pirabandham, Thiruppugazh,Kamba Ramayanam etc. But due to the circumstances in the work place, I have to do most of the transactions in English only. Hence my writing in Tamil has taken a beating in the past few years. However after seeing few of our few of our members writings in Tamil, I have started writing in Tamil also. We should not get divided by the language.

Let our members write in the language in which they are comfortable. I earnestly feel that participation of the members is more important than the language. Let us continue both in English and Tamil.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Venkataramani Ji,

I fully endorse your view.

Again, I wrote sometime ago that there are many in this Forum who do not understand written Tamil, much less the spoken Tamil. I suggested that if folks want to post in Tamil, they should provide a transileration and translation in English alongside so that those who want to learn Tamil can do so.

But I am seeing some people ignoring that and intent on only communicating in Tamil. So, in the end, they are no better than the ideologues they condemn (like EVR), because they completely ignore a part of our readership's needs and are not empathetic.

They are creating more divisions amongst our brethren based on understanding a language. I hope they rethink. While there may be some who do not understand English here, I bet that number is few. I hope these folks understand that what they are doing is not fair to a large number of our members. All in the name of loving a language!

If this continues, we, the moderators will address this issue, because it has become an issue.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back