• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spiritual Frauds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri, RVR,

I have seen that whenever there is a discussion on this topic you seem to get all agitated and hot-tempered and throw words around like darts. Little has changed. Since you have already made your judgment that they are all frauds, we will just be arguing in loops.

Have a good day, sir.

Why do you want to defend the indefensible.

I have not used any wrong language in my writings.

I am politely replying to your writings for which you have not given any counter arguments.

My interest is only protecting innocent people from these fraudulent God man.

I have already written that one of my distant relative is caught in the Nityananda affair and his whereabouts are not known till this point of time.

My relatives are a worried lot. How to bring back this boy is a major problem before us right now.

You are only adding fuel to the fire.

Please restrain your self at least now.

All the best

re

Of late,media uses religious people in a derogatory manner.Recently the news of godman,indulging in kama sutra is making waves.Frankly its between the guru and sishya.Jealousy is the root cause,for this expose.

For a young man to preach lofty ideals of sanathanam dharma is a tall order,especially when the young man has no known paramparam or sampradayam.I think,people are jumping into wrong conclusions and what they have tried is to wean young public getting embroiled in spiritual activities in a modern sanathanam dharma.

To me sage viswamithrar could not resist apsara too,similiarly,the lord has sent the starlet in this kali yugam.I personally feel,the guru in recent controversy indulged in very un-diplomatic language regarding already well established gurus of yore.He simply invited this sordid episode on himself,which is how the lord works on human beings.Ego is dormant in all,whether ordinary mortal or an exalted guru.

Guru by definition,is a remover of ignorance.By this recent episode,he has joined the controversy baggage of gurus who were embroiled in murder of young students,pedophile,tax-laundering,bad mouthing other gurus of various sampradayas.So,many christian priests have been caught pedophiling choir boys,yet many of them are still allowed to preach.

I think,money power influence when it gets into religious people leaders,politicians feel that they are lesser leaders.Politics and religion are lethal combinations,to influence people minds,and one has to be wary and tread carefully.

nachi naga.

Sri. Nachi, Just for my curiosity, can you cite specifically where Nityananda had indulged in un-diplomatic language about Gurus because my understanding is exactly the opposite and there are you tube videos to confirm this. I have attended his session in Dubai and a very common question that is asked in almost all Q & A sessions is whether you can follow more than one Guru and his standard reply is "yes". The analogy he cites is just like one visits many gardens to pluck the most beautiful flowers to make a garland all Gurus have good things to say to people. And the song which is played when he enters and on the website eulogizes the Shankaracharya tradition.

re

Sri. Nachi, Just for my curiosity, can you cite specifically where Nityananda had indulged in un-diplomatic language about Gurus because my understanding is exactly the opposite and there are you tube videos to confirm this. I have attended his session in Dubai and a very common question that is asked in almost all Q & A sessions is whether you can follow more than one Guru and his standard reply is "yes". The analogy he cites is just like one visits many gardens to pluck the most beautiful flowers to make a garland all Gurus have good things to say to people. And the song which is played when he enters and on the website eulogizes the Shankaracharya tradition.

anand,

perception is sometimes reality.the guru in topic,has more than one occassion,said he will produce vibhuthi out of thin air and other such miracles later in life.there is only one popular controversial guru,who produces vibhuthi out of thin air and vibhuthi,kunkumam,honey etc appearing on godly pictures with no scientifc explanation,which we term as miracles.

youtube presentation,is all about selling his brand of sanathana dharmam.which i truly am a lover.what he does in his personal life is his business.the expose happened becoz,he constantly preached about bramachariam publicly but was leading a life contrary to his preaching.i personally am not a prude,but instead accept his weakness as any exalted guru can succumb.

women are the most desirable of desires and vice versa for women too.what we see on youtube is an edited version of the presentation,so that people are impressed with the content and the content provider.shiva sutras,yoga of patanchali etc is what he preached,but became ever popular than lord shiva and sage patanchali.there are other gurus who were losing their flock,and he fell into their traps.yannaikkum adi serukkum.

the success of his preaching brought about his expose and of all the people,media channel of a reputed dravidian party,who built their party based on bashing religion,and that too only hindu religion.

the preachings done in the west by some indian gurus has come under scrutiny,therefore,its a concerted campaign,to protect its turf by constantly exposing human frailties,time to time.i will not be surprised in the future god women will also be exposed,as they seem to be having even more mammoth followers all over the world.

the guru in topic,did some excellent selling of ancient scriptures formating to modern sanathana dharma way.he has become a icon of the religious kind.

the guru was initiating techniques and created a swarm of ordinary folks into teachers,which was creating family life problems.if entire junta became spiritual,then again we have to resort to buildings temples conjuring kama sutrams in our minds,like konarak.

depression of success,has happened.

nachi naga.

Namassadhasae.

Shri RVR ji,

I fully endorse all your views posted in this thread from the beginning.
Sad to note that there is a victim in your family also.

All are sure that the list does not end with Nithyananda. I know Kalki bagavan and two others also in this list, which will definitely come to light. Youngsters select these kind of gurus for obvious reasons.

Gone are the days. Persons who lead a simple and dedicated life only deserves respect. But, nowadays, things are different. A state Govt, headed by a non-believer in god, requested one controversial samiar (referred to in this thread earlier) to finance Cooum cleaning and water schemes. This is the reality.

Dakshinamurthy is the Guru role taken by Lord Siva himself. In Kandar Anubhuthi (by Saint Arunagirinathar), there is a prayer 'Guruvai varuvai arulvai guhanae'. No person less than Lord Muruga can be my guru - is my point on this subject pls.

There is no person seen qualifying the post of real guru, these days. Kaliyin uchcham. The sadest fact is that if we look at the list of followers of these fake samiars, all are highly educated and well positioned executives in various fields. We can only lament, it seems.

I have great admiration for Adhi Sankarar, Kanchi paramachariar, Ramana Rishi, Seshadri Swamigal etc. I am a smartha, hereditorilly followers of Sankara Mutt. I have not yet visited Sankara Mutt so far. So was the case of my father till his death. In fact, he was a purohit, all through his life, and passed away 5 years back, at his 95th age.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை
தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே! the

I am addressing this to the followers of Niryanand swami.Please see whether you can answer these. Just to know. No other motive.
1. Did Nityananda take sanyas formally? if so when?He is a Yoga teacher and is wearing safron cloths alright. But did he ever claim that he has taken sanyas?

2. Do his followers follow him only because he is a sanyasi? Or because he has some miraculous powers because of his yogic achievements?

3. Dis he ever demanded money from his followers promising them something and then cheated them on that after taking money?

Now if the answer to the Q 1 above is yes then he has violated the discipline of a sanyasi's life and has become a grihastha with al the weaknesses of a grahastha. We have to just leave him at that and carry on with our life. There are any number of grahasthas who have loose morals and he has become one of them. We will give him what is due to such an individual.

Question 2. If the followers flocked him because he is a sanyasi then they are now disappointed because of his actions.They will just desert him and go some one else. If it was for his miracles, then they can continue to be his followers if his miraculous powers are in tact.He has not committed any crime. What happened is just between two consenting grown up individuals. There is no need to raise a hue and cry about it and waste time.-that is if we know that he has not claimed to be a sanyasi.A yogi need not necessarily be a sanyasi.

3. If he has done that then thre are criminal laws which will take care of that. The affected persons have to approach the police for that. They dont have to take law into their hands.

To me it appears that he has crossed the path of somebody very powerful and is suffering for that. All the mayhem caused by the so called followers appear to be just orchestrated. Of course we do have people who are always ready to jump and start a war dance with the chilling cry let us cleanse our religion. I really do not know whether this young man ever claimed that he is a sanyasi.

re

suraju,

I am addressing this to the followers of Niryanand swami.Please see whether you can answer these. Just to know. No other motive.
1. Did Nityananda take sanyas formally? if so when?He is a Yoga teacher and is wearing safron cloths alright. But did he ever claim that he has taken sanyas?
From his talks,he has mentioned that,sanyasam as pre-requisite for enlightenement,and that is why he has become a sanyasi.Sanyasi in truest term means,one who has renounced.Since he is unable to do,koodu vittu koodu paayardhu yogam,he probably has renounced the satisfaction of kama sutram but yet has to know the rasa leela,i guess.Dunno if all this is a joke also,as swamiji on youtube cracks lots of jokes.Apparently,the official defence is,swamijis double or morphing of graphics has taken place,which when investigated,we will come to know.Until proven guilty,everyone is innocent.I would like to give the benefit of doubt to swamiji.
2. Do his followers follow him only because he is a sanyasi? Or because he has some miraculous powers because of his yogic achievements?
i love his youtube speeches.i have not met him personally as i am newbie.i feel energised by his talks and was planning to attend inner awakening program in bidadi,bangalore.Now,i am not sure,i can do that.
3. Dis he ever demanded money from his followers promising them something and then cheated them on that after taking money?
The money that is asked is for programs and certifications of the techniques,which he has patented.Not sure whether all patents have been approved by govt of india,though.
Now if the answer to the Q 1 above is yes then he has violated the discipline of a sanyasi's life and has become a grihastha with al the weaknesses of a grahastha. We have to just leave him at that and carry on with our life. There are any number of grahasthas who have loose morals and he has become one of them. We will give him what is due to such an individual.
in order to win the debate with mandana mishra,adi shankara had to enter the body of a dying king,to know personally life of a grihastha.obviously swamiji in present day and age,took a short cut,i think,to experiance briefly life as a grihastha,and lo it has definitely brought him,infamy.
Question 2. If the followers flocked him because he is a sanyasi then they are now disappointed because of his actions.They will just desert him and go some one else. If it was for his miracles, then they can continue to be his followers if his miraculous powers are in tact.He has not committed any crime. What happened is just between two consenting grown up individuals. There is no need to raise a hue and cry about it and waste time.-that is if we know that he has not claimed to be a sanyasi.A yogi need not necessarily be a sanyasi.
from youtube speeches,he was quiet explicit in telling,that being a sanyasi is an ultimate experiance.he definitely led me to believe a grihastha like me,that what a waste of time,and hurry to become enlightened,i did believe him,especially my paramartha sadguru shirdi sai baba is no longer in physical body in shirdi but in puttaparthi living,plus my deha guru mahaswamigal also in swarga lokam,at least his holiness vijayendrar saraswathi guides me now,of course ammas,like this i have collected gurus,some turn out to be controversial unfortunately for me..i may not be a genius but reasonably endowed with intelligence,which i presume.
3. If he has done that then thre are criminal laws which will take care of that. The affected persons have to approach the police for that. They dont have to take law into their hands.
To me it appears that he has crossed the path of somebody very powerful and is suffering for that. All the mayhem caused by the so called followers appear to be just orchestrated. Of course we do have people who are always ready to jump and start a war dance with the chilling cry let us cleanse our religion. I really do not know whether this young man ever claimed that he is a sanyasi.
Your opinion is reasonable with which i concur.he is a gifted person with a weakness for nubile females,which i pardon him,i continue to listen to his youtube speeches,which is awesome to me.who am i to judge him?

nachi naga.

....I have already written that one of my distant relative is caught in the Nityananda affair and his whereabouts are not known till this point of time.

My relatives are a worried lot. How to bring back this boy is a major problem before us right now.

Dear RVR sir, I think you are old enough to know about a cult called மெய்வழிச்சாலை. I knew a couple of decent people who were members of this cult. They continued to wear their distinctive head gear even after the cult leadership was arrested for illegal activities.

In the Sun TV report I was really struck by the young woman defending their guru. She seemed quite respectable and sincere. She was convinced that the video was a doctored one. I viewed the entire video clip and my first impression is that it is authentic. If anyone wants to claim it is doctored, then the onus is upon them to bring forth the necessary evidence. BTW, it was quite lame and I really don't know what all the fuss is about, it being vulgar.

People fall victim to charletons like these because of our history of religious and cultural conditioning that promotes unquestioning adoration of religious acharyas. Anyone questioning the acharya ever so mildly is threatened with Bhagavatha Apachara and Ashyapahara. There is pressure to conform. Cover your mouth with your hands, don't show your back, etc. etc. Often times the acharya does not want you to do all this, I know of a well known acharya who used to tell people, இதெல்லாம் வேண்டாம், சாதாரணமா இருங்கோ. It is the hangers on who demand this. Why is it any wonder that people slowly become like sheep.

For some reason that I am unable to recall now, I watched a couple of hours worth of YouTube video of this Nityananda a few months back. How anyone can take him seriously is a indeed a mystery to me. His shallowness and self-aggrandizing oratory is so apparent it is indeed amazing that perfectly reasonable and decent people find him reverential.

However, I find it ridiculous for people to go on a rampage burning his photos and tearing down signs. He did not force any of these people to come to him and give up anything. If he was dishonest, then that is just too bad, caveat emptor. As long as he did not engage in any illegal activities, those who bought his bogus spirituality have to just blame themselves. The people of Tamil Nadu need to grow up and take some responsibility for their own naivete.

Cheers!

Dear RVR sir, I think you are old enough to know about a cult called மெய்வழிச்சாலை. I knew a couple of decent people who were members of this cult. They continued to wear their distinctive head gear even after the cult leadership was arrested for illegal activities.

In the Sun TV report I was really struck by the young woman defending their guru. She seemed quite respectable and sincere. She was convinced that the video was a doctored one. I viewed the entire video clip and my first impression is that it is authentic. If anyone wants to claim it is doctored, then the onus is upon them to bring forth the necessary evidence. BTW, it was quite lame and I really don't know what all the fuss is about, it being vulgar.

People fall victim to charletons like these because of our history of religious and cultural conditioning that promotes unquestioning adoration of religious acharyas. Anyone questioning the acharya ever so mildly is threatened with Bhagavatha Apachara and Ashyapahara. There is pressure to conform. Cover your mouth with your hands, don't show your back, etc. etc. Often times the acharya does not want you to do all this, I know of a well known acharya who used to tell people, இதெல்லாம் வேண்டாம், சாதாரணமா இருங்கோ. It is the hangers on who demand this. Why is it any wonder that people slowly become like sheep.

For some reason that I am unable to recall now, I watched a couple of hours worth of YouTube video of this Nityananda a few months back. How anyone can take him seriously is a indeed a mystery to me. His shallowness and self-aggrandizing oratory is so apparent it is indeed amazing that perfectly reasonable and decent people find him reverential.

However, I find it ridiculous for people to go on a rampage burning his photos and tearing down signs. He did not force any of these people to come to him and give up anything. If he was dishonest, then that is just too bad, caveat emptor. As long as he did not engage in any illegal activities, those who bought his bogus spirituality have to just blame themselves. The people of Tamil Nadu need to grow up and take some responsibility for their own naivete.

Cheers!

Prof Nara Sir,

EVR movement is very much diluted in Tamilnadu. When EVR was alive, he was so sincere that the pseudo religious people were afraid of showing their face within Tamilnadu.

Even today most this pseudo religion personalities make Bangalore as their head quarters since it is the capital of Karnataka.

Today Dravidian movement people in Tamilnadu are openly visiting temples and offering poojas. Jayalalitha, Stalin and so many other top wing leaders have no inhibition from deviating the path of the original Dravidian principles.

It started with Bangaru Adigalar of Melmaruvathur who started fortune telling. Now he has grown too big and has probably stopped fortune telling but attracts huge following. But he never performed any miracle and his growth is mainly due to the non-flexibility of traditional brahminical mutts in giving audience to other communities. Off course this movement started in the early eighties when EVR was not there. But his followers permitted him at that time to counter the influence of brahminical mutts. Its growth could be attributed mostly to the political environment at that period.

Selecting Bangalore is the best choice for most these Pseudo religious Gurus. Bangalore borders with Tamilnadu very closely. Bangalore has substantial Tamil population. Local governments there never bothered to check the growth of these type of pseudo religious activity. In fact the present Government is pro-hindu and may close the eyes and be silent even after these revelations.

What happened to the cold blooded murder which took place in 1993 in one of these ashrams.

"Cold-blooded police executions" in Sai Baba's bedroom

Brutal murder of a Swiss-German speaking lady at Prashanthi Nilayam

Police is turning a blind eye to the entire episode because these people have followers at Prime Ministerial level. Narasimha Rao and Vajpayee were visiting these type of people regularly which is not correct in a secular country like India. At least the present Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is very decent in avoiding such people.

Yesterday some body wrote a famous poem of late Pattukottai Kalyanasundaram

திருடனாய் பார்த்து திருந்தினால் ஒழிய திருட்டினை ஒழிக்க முடியாது

Unless the thieve himself reforms, it is difficult to prevent theft.

Let us hope that these people reform

All the best

Dear all,

No one in this world can run away from praise and blame...
Even yesterYuga avatars were not spared..
Even God is not spared from praise and blame...

You know offlate the forum had been a little quiet...very few post..but after Nithyananda Scandal its roaring again...
I am not a follower of him but I am going to say "thanks" because TB forum is busy again.

We all have to admit it...everyone loves scandals,gossip etc..we get a chance to comment,give our views etc as if no one of us have faults...

I dont really feel we need to indulge too much in scandalous talks..what difference would it make?
Does is really help in anyway?
We are all mature enough to differentiate right from wrong..
Each can decide on his or her own which Guru one choses..or whether one wants to remain without a Guru or even without God.
The choice is in our hands...
No one is forcing anyone to pick a guru.

I feel its a sheer waste of time to get our adrenaline pumping in our vessels by all this arguement and counterarguements(me included)...

Well on the other hand..There is a better way to handle this..Brahman Sathyam Jagath Mithyam...
Why waste time on Mithyam...?

Last edited:
It is our duty to save the innocent public from getting cheated by the pseudo gurus. If we discuss these things openly, at least we can save few people from being cheated.

It is not only here, it is one of the most tweeted topics in the internet as of now.

Godman ranks high on tweets, searches - India - The Times of India

Let us not avoid such discussions. None of us have any intention to brow beat any other person.

All the best

It is our duty to save the innocent public from getting cheated by the pseudo gurus. If we discuss these things openly, at least we can save few people from being cheated.

It is not only here, it is one of the most tweeted topics in the internet as of now.

Godman ranks high on tweets, searches - India - The Times of India

Let us not avoid such discussions. None of us have any intention to brow beat any other person.

All the best

Dear RVR anna,

No one can save anyone actually...
When one makes up his/her mind no others advice will be heeded...until tragedy strikes...
Its like actor Vijay's punch dialogue "When I have made up my mind,even I will not listen to myself"

RVR anna, I can understand your concern here...
You want to save people from the clutches of false gurus...to you this seems right isnt it?

There are also some who want to save people from the clutches of God..would you view this as right?

One mans right might be anothers wrong..
We really cannot preach too much on right and wrong...

Right and wrong is upto the the Viveka of an individual...
Let the public decide..

If they can vote for a government...they can also have freedom to chose their guru whether he is true or false...

re

rvr,

thanks for the links.really how powerful people hush up things.there is no sanctity involved anymore,but only commercialisation of religion.if you have money,position cronies of gurus chum up to you and sometimes the gurus themselves chum up to you ,depending upon the status in society.big tamasha,all this is making me sick and miss my old guru mahaswamigal very much.i am actually in tears especially my friend sent me a link from nakkehran the video is even more horrible sir.after seeing this video,i am shattered,about this double game.until yesterday i had hope,thinking duplicate and all,but this video link,is too authentic.he speaks so well and with conviction obviously testrone levels in the lehayiam must have done this to him.

nachi naga.

Dear RVR anna,

No one can save anyone actually...
When one makes up his/her mind no others advice will be heeded...until tragedy strikes...
Its like actor Vijay's punch dialogue "When I have made up my mind,even I will not listen to myself"

RVR anna, I can understand your concern here...
You want to save people from the clutches of false gurus...to you this seems right isnt it?

There are also some who want to save people from the clutches of God..would you view this as right?

One mans right might be anothers wrong..
We really cannot preach too much on right and wrong...

Right and wrong is upto the the Viveka of an individual...
Let the public decide..

If they can vote for a government...they can also have freedom to chose their guru whether he is true or false...

Sister Renuka,

I have absolutely no problem if some one follows some guru.

I have absolutely no problem in discussing with Prof Nara who has declared himself as Nasthigan in this forum

I have personally no problem discussing with believers of other faith.

Personally I have attended EVR's meetings at my younger age eventhough I don't believe all his teachings. But I respect him very much and when I use to attend his meetings, I go voluntarily with a mindset that he is going to attack my own community. I have friends from Dravidar Kazhagam even today and I have to admit here that they are very decent in spite of their anti-brahmin attitude.

But I am surprised why people want to avoid even just discussions about certain God man whose activities are suspicious. I don't know Why followers of particular sect of gurus are so sensitive to such discussions. We are just discussing/debating here and may be, we can change the mindset of few members of our forum. Beyond that we don't have any control over any of the happenings outside this forum.

I wish everybody has an open mind to discuss all these things.

All the best

Sister Renuka,

I have absolutely no problem if some one follows some guru.

I have absolutely no problem in discussing with Prof Nara who has declared himself as Nasthigan in this forum

I have personally no problem discussing with believers of other faith.

Personally I have attended EVR's meetings at my younger age eventhough I don't believe all his teachings. But I respect him very much and when I use to attend his meetings, I go voluntarily with a mindset that he is going to attack my own community. I have friends from Dravidar Kazhagam even today and I have to admit here that they are very decent in spite of their anti-brahmin attitude.

But I am surprised why people want to avoid even just discussions about certain God man whose activities are suspicious. I don't know Why followers of particular sect of gurus are so sensitive to such discussions. We are just discussing/debating here and may be, we can change the mindset of few members of our forum. Beyond that we don't have any control over any of the happenings outside this forum.

I wish everybody has an open mind to discuss all these things.

All the best

Dear RVR anna,

I fully agree with what you have said here..but please forgive me for what I am going to say now...

Anna in Avadhuta gita thread when you saw the word "Wordly Pursuits" you only thought of Nithyananda....
You would not have had this thought if that scandal had not happened.

See anna, when we give too much room for negativity of others behaviour(In this case the recent scandal)..we only see it everywhere and eventually this will affect our mind.

Thats is one of the reasons why I am not really into discussing this whole scandal...
I am not supporting Nithyananda and neither am I blaming him..
I just dont want this scandal to affect my vision...

renu

Dear RVR anna,

I fully agree with what you have said here..but please forgive me for what I am going to say now...

Anna in Avadhuta gita thread when you saw the word "Wordly Pursuits" you only thought of Nithyananda....
You would not have had this thought if that scandal had not happened.

See anna, when we give too much room for negativity of others behaviour(In this case the recent scandal)..we only see it everywhere and eventually this will affect our mind.

Thats is one of the reasons why I am not really into discussing this whole scandal...
I am not supporting Nithyananda and neither am I blaming him..
I just dont want this scandal to affect my vision...

renu

Thanks sister Renuka,

During my young age I use to attend Rajaji's meetings along with my father. Rajaji always talks straight in simple language without bothering about the consequences. May be one can term him as failure in politics but no body can question his wisdom.

Rajaji translated Bagavath Gita in Tamil `Kannan Kaattiya Vazhi'.கண்ணன் காட்டிய வழி. Rajaji use to oppose socialism and advocate free market. In 1971, South Korea and India had same per capita income. Subsesquently, South Korea followed market economy where as India continued socialistic policies till 1991. Today South Korea has become a fully developed nation whereas India is only a developing nation.

Rajaji used to say `If I don't criticise Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's socialistic policies, he is failing in his duty'. He use to quote from Bagavath Gita where Lord Krishna reminds Arjuna about his duties as per Kshatriya Dharma.

In the same way, if we don't tell our youngsters about the fraudulent events which are happening around us, we are failing in our duty. I earnestly feel that I am duty bound to point out the mistakes of frauds happening and hence I am writing all this. I have nothing against anybody.

It is not because of negative thoughts. I am in business for almost four decades and as matter of principle, I have to encourage good things which are happening and at the same time, I am duty bound to pull up some people who are not doing things correctly. When I pull up my people, I also feel bad about it, but if I don't do my job,I may be failing in my duty. Each one of us are duty bound to do certain things without bothering the consequences. It should not be construed as negative thought.

All the best

Ashram on encroched Government Land and Sandal wood smuggling

It is now turning out that the land in which Nityananda has constructed his ashram belongs to Government of Karnataka. It is an illegal encroachment of Government Land.

Also 60 Kgs of sandalwood has been seized from the ashram premises. Normally we are suppose to declare to government if a sandalwood tree grows in our garden, we are suppose to declare it to Government. It is a big nuisance to grow a sandal wood tree and if some body cuts it, we are answerable to the government. Possessing 60 Kg of sandalwood without government permission is illegal.

Illegal sandalwood pellets seized from Nityananda Swami\'s ashram

Violating the law of the land has become a regular practice for these spiritual frauds now a days.

All the best

spelling

Dear All,

I read few of Nityananda's writing in Kumudam titled "Kadavai Thira.. Kaatru varattum". I was under the impression that he is one of the simple sanyasis, who got rid of all his worldly pleasures including wealth. I did not know about his reach or activities. I learn from this thread that he does charities..

According to me, the photos in Kumudam magazine and the video image seems to be different. So, it appears to me that he is being framed. In our country anything is possible and nobody can mess with the ruling party.

But, imo in this modern age, Nobody is ready to forgo the luxuries & pleasures, eternally after it, and hence need god man and temples to take a temporary rest in their pursuit and ultimately living a fake life.

Cheers

Last edited:
[QUOTE=It is now turning out that the land in which Nityananda has constructed his ashram belongs to Government of Karnataka. It is an illegal encroachment of Government Land.
unquote

Why these were not exposed before the sensation? Is it an afterthought? A way of cowards beating a dead snake?

Just because it has come in TV channels and newspapers cannot be taken as truth always.

We also read in print as well as in other ways that a person framed for some act and kept in jail for many years is now released as courts fin him innocent.

Though not justifying the present case ( I am neither attached nor against the present case.Earlier in another occasion also I expressed same view))- I just want to point out that we should not be carried away by media reports .
If somebody with money and power also possesses media(print and the most powerful TV they can make even the naked lie as truth by repeating, and playing on emotions.

Before the courts pronounce judgement, the media pronounces its judgement. To be carried away by media blitz is wrong. We are allowed to get only one side of the story. The media flashes it for a few days and then forgets. The people affected (if really innocent) are to suffer for full life. Tarnishing is very easy.

In many cases of raid and searches, next day news comes as- so much of illegal money, caught, so many documents found etc...but the affected person is not allowed to present his side.

I personally know a few cases of honest individuals trapped by deliberate false complaints by vested interests - raided by auhorities ,newspapers reported---ultimately nothing ...It was proved the complaint was false. But the media never follows up ...never publishes apology ..

People who have killed many , enjoy ..... media gives them Hero's stature. (The family of victims continue to suffer,the media is not bothered)

Even the killers of Prime Minister (properly tried by courts of law and found guilty ) get status of Heroes....but others who are just under some suspicion , not even charges framed --- are tried by media and judgement pronounced ,as needed by their masters vested interest.
If final judgements after duly trial by courts of law transparent , is not as expected by the vested interests, they try to blame judiciary and law enforcement systems.

While media exposure helps to bring out wrongs in society, it is a double edged sword- and so restraint is to be resorted to, impartiality is needed and sincerity of purpose to be important.A thorough check of facts and stress on democratic and legal systems should be emphasised.
Hence,the maximum we can do is not to be carried away by media blitz , and allow the country's legal and law systems to do its correct part.If any one is having a concrete case it should be brought to them and prove against the accused. Mass hysteria, either in faith and in accusation is not suited for a mature democracy.

Greetings.

Sri Surya Kasyapa,

I fully agree with you that trial by media is not correct.

Even if the video is correct, legally Nityananda has not committed very big crime as per Indian law. Morally and ethically whether it is correct is a different question.

But why he is missing from his ashram. As per his website dates, he is conveniently missing from the date Sun TV released the video to public.

Paramahamsa Nithyananda Swamiji's Programs & Events Calendar for India - 2010

He should have faced the whole issue squarely without going underground.

His absence from the scene raises lot of suspicion

Both Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior faced similar treatment from the media but they never went into hiding. Both of them were arrested and released in public and they didn't utter a single word except Truth will triumph at the end. Now the court proceedings are going on and including the approver Ravi Subramaniam and family members of the murdered Sankararaman, almost all the witnesses have turned hostile. Every body is now convinced that it is a political vendetta against Kanchi mutt and its Acharyas. Off course court proceedings have taken long time and still ultimate verdict is yet to come.

Why not Nityananda undergo similar trial if he has nothing to hide. After all the case against Nityananda is less serious as against a murder case against Kanchi Acharyas. Even if it is prostitution, it is not a very big offence as per Indian laws.

If Nityananda proves that the tapes are doctored, then he can sue Sun TV and other media for huge compensation.

All the best

re

Guru Nithyananda has gone for kumbh mela,insider reports.

Legal actions are being initiated at appropriate levels.

Regarding Kanchi Acharyals,the case is being handled,truth will come out.

Each guru handles his/her problems uniquely.To compare them is like comparing oranges to apples.

Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba presented himself next day morning for darshan,nonchalantly,after the gunning down of students on june 6,

Sanathana Dharma is under attack,by nefarious peoples ideology.

India has faced many turbulent times thru various attacks,but Indians have always won over thru shraddha & saburi.

Sathyameva Jayethay.

nachi naga.

Sri RVR ji,

There are many gaps in the present case which have to be filled with proper explanations. There may be something more than what appears on the fringe.

But what was my point was, that, just basing on a media blitz, we may not pass judgement..that is all..

Lot of concerted attacks happened against Si Asaram Bapu, allegations of murder of schoolchildren in his Asram was heaped on him.Numerous channels started picnic to his Ashram with floodlights and microphones, pointing fingers and concocting stories as imaginative as possible to them. Public lapped up everything. His Ashrams and followers were attacked. I saw him on TV literally weeping pleading to God to bring out the truth After some days it was found that the murder was done by another boy in the Ashram with some intentions. The media never apologised.

The media and vested interests did no feel happy in this, as he was clearly targeted. After some time gap again something was "exposed".But this time it did not become as effective as earlier.

There are many such cases.
Many times media provokes-- result is destruction and violence.

Though as per law "flight is admission to guilt".many times it is prudent to keep away, as vested interests will fan up emotional frenzy and even physical attack will b there.
But my post does not in any way give any verdict on the present case.My point was that media manytimes "overdoes" its role under selfish interest. that is all.

Let truth come out.Let the real guilty be punished under civil law of the land.

Greetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sri RVR Ji stated:
"Unfortunately my earlier exposure of a particular God man was deleted in these threads including his name wherever it appeared. This was done after four days of appearance in the forum thread. It only shows some vested interests are there everywhere to curtail the freedom of expression and protect the fraudulent God man."

I did not want to continue posting in this Forum, but since my name is being besmirched, I have to respond to defend myself.

Previously such allegations about delayed moderation and curtailing 'freedom of speech' were made, which I let go without responding because, there can be honest disagreements over these. This same person, when someone said that he preferred Bharathiar over Gandhi Ji, asked for moderation not to allow such postings! I guess the 'freedom of speech' did not apply then! There were other similar requests by this same person to curtail others' 'freedom of speech'. I amply explained my position on moderation from the perspective of what is considered as 'vulgar' elsewhere in this same thread.

He said unsavoury things about Periaval of Kanchi and when I asked him not to do so in the interest of the unity of the Forum, he complied. I personally called and explained why his posting were left out there for four days before they were moderated on. He knows the reasons. Yet he continues to wail.

The only 'vested interests' on my part are the ones that I have explained time and again. The unity of the Forum and protecting the sentiments of a large number in our community who see Saibaba as a Godman. Otherwise, I repeat, I have no interest in this Godman, as I have never seen him in person, nor do I have his picture in my home.

Yet such baseless allegation is made by this person who seems to be otherwise an example for initiatives to benefit our community.

On top of all this, he is my fellow alumnus, and it is all the more reason that I am saddened to read such words.

He has already posted other non substantiated internet videos. I always urge caution in these matters, lest some of the sensitivities of our members in this Forum are hurt. Yet, in the absence of any scenario by which discussions in this Forum can conclusively determine whether a Godman is bogus or not, there are brick bats thrown, in the name of safeguarding the 'interests' of our 'vulnerable' members.

Since I quit as a moderator sometime ago, these postings do not concern me. But there is a shining light in the name of Srimathi Renuka Ji, whose thoughts on this I very much appreciate.

Thank you for giving me a chance to clear my name.

Regards,
KRS

Folks,

Let me also add this, for the benefit of those who are new comers. When I moderated on the Saibaba posting by Sri RVR Ji, I did not act willy nilly. Perhaps, a lot of you have not heard about Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji, who was a moderator here along with me for sometime, and he was the senior one. You can go back and see where he (who was an experienced moderator on several forums), particularly moderated on a person's posting where Saibaba's validity as a Godman was questioned. Sri Nacchinarkinyan Ji is looked upon very favourably by most people in this Forum who knew his postings.

By the way, he lives in Chennai, India. This negates the popular notion entertained by some in this Forum - that a moderator/member living abroad does not know the realities of living in India. On the contrary, I have found this to be a false notion, based on many folks I know who live abroad. Again, such notions only divide us - unless we all agree that each and everyone who has TB heritage (yes, including those who were termed offensively as 'half breeds' by a person who thinks himself as a 'full breed' and who did not hesitate to plageurize), all this talk about unity is meaningless.

Regards,
KRS

Dear RVR sir, greetings!

This is only a friendly note of clarification, not a criticism. So, please do not take this as a negative comment from my side.

na-astikan stands for one who does not believe in the Vedas. This does not necessarily mean no belief in god. For example, Lingayats are nasthikas in the sense they reject the vedas, but they are very much theists. Tamil Saivas like Maraimalai Adigal are also nasthikas, but very ardent theists.

Coming to my status, while the label "nastika" does fit my world-view, it is quite inadequate. Further, it is not fair to be labeled as "not" a believer in vedas as though belief in vedas is the default state. Same is the case with belief in personal gods which makes one a theist, but one who does not, need not be labeled as a-theist, as though belief in personal gods is the natural default state.

Please think about it in this way, suppose that group people as "normal" and "abnormal", with "normal" to mean people who are just as is and have not developed beliefs in supernatural entities, and "abnormal" to mean people who have deviated from the normal state and have developed a belief in personal gods -- that would not describe the asthikas and theists adequately, would it?

Asthikas and Theists are welcome to call themselves that, but the rest of us who do not subscribe to such beliefs are just human beings, nothing more, nothing less.

Having said all that, I am sure your use of the term, "nasthikan" is more a short-hand to describe my word view, and that is alright, I don't mind. What I want to emphasize is, I have not declared in this forum or anywhere else, that I am a Nastika.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back