• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Spiritual energy as a source of energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sravna,

Why do I need to catch up with Vaagmi ji?

There is no race to the top here.

Hey Sravna..btw you better rid yourself of all these spiritual power stuff cos thats how one becomes Brahmarakshas!LOL
Renuka,

The real me is the spiritual energy. The soul gets rid of the body and not vice versa

Purusha has no gender... only the literal has !

Even then, positions are interchangeable... what matters is the experience... or should I say bliss?

Purusha/God ...as in Saguna Brahman is the Masculine Principle...the rest is Prakirti(Nature) which is the Feminine Principle.

Its only Nirguna Brahman a.k.a Paramatma which is neither Masculine,Feminine nor Neuter.

Anyway who cares about all that now!LOL

Positions does not matter..position is just a perception..that which enjoys is the MIND.

The Mind does not move anywhere yet it reaches the highest state of bliss that makes one go wild with frenzy! O'God!

Dear Sravna,

http://www.sciencealert.com/physicists-have-observed-the-light-spectrum-of-antimatter-for-first-time

Interesting to read that Physicist have observed the light spectrum of antimatter for the first time and also interesting to note that why matter is still abundant as compared to antimatter.

Anyway..what I wanted to discuss here is regards to "spirituality" or Spiritual Energy as you call it.

Since for Matter itself there is Antimatter...so going by that logic therefore even for Spiritual Energy there would be Anti Spiritual Energy...

Can you give your opinion on this?

How would you want to fit in the concept of Anti Spiritual Energy in your understanding.

We can discuss anything about Spirituality as long you do not drag yourself in the picture!LOL

Dear Renuka,

Pure spiritual energy has nothing in excess or in deficiency which I believe is necessary for anti energy to exist. Hence I think there can be no anti energy for it.

Dear Renuka,

Pure spiritual energy has nothing in excess or in deficiency which I believe is necessary for anti energy to exist. Hence I think there can be no anti energy for it.

Dear Sravna,

If Anti Brahman..a.k.a Maya exists..why cant anti spiritual energy exists.

Renuka,

Let me clarify. Something that is complete cannot have anti energy. I was not clear in my last post.

Dear Sravna,

You say that something that is Complete can not have anti energy?

Ok lets discuss this from the philosophical point of view.

Something that is Complete...only It can exists and nothing else can exists along with It.

As long as creation exists...everything has a complementary component of the opposite kind hence we have the pairs of opposites.

Even for diseases we have cure..even for Superman there is Kryptonite!LOL

BTW Sravna...the concept of Antimatter is not like an Anti Christ..its not "bad" or "evil".

Matter and Anti Matter have both the same source...both emerged on creation(Big Bang).

They share same components/parameters but have opposing effects that would cancel out each other if they co-exists.

Now this is a very interesting find cos even in Philosophy all talk is about Creation of Matter.

Advaita concept of Grossification talks about Creation of matter but so far I have not read about Anti matter in religious text(may be there is...I have not read yet).

But even other religions..its all about creation of matter.

So since Antimatter has been demonstrated by scientist at CERN..so how would the concept of Antimatter be placed in religion?

BTW Sravna...Maya can be considered Anti Brahman...cos both have same source...Maya itself is from Brahman..but the effects of Maya is to veil Brahman...it opposes Brahman from rest of creation.

So Maya has AntiBrahman properties.

Now coming back to something complete cant have an Antienergy.

Well...something that is Complete will NOT have an Anti anything if It alone exists.

Therefore for Brahman to be in only Brahman...creation or maya itself can not exists..everything has to be only Brahman..back to source..only then Ekam Advaita Brahman.

As long as creation and the created exists..everything has an anti form.

Therefore even what you call as Spiritual Energy would have an Anti Spiritual Energy as long as creation exists!

Last edited:
BTW I am waiting for the member The BigThink of Forum to come up with some new theory of Antimatter soon!LOL

Dear Renuka,

Creation is a projection or a lesser reality and at a level different from brahman. so it can have no impact on brahman or nothing can be anti to brahman.

Dear Renuka,

Creation is a projection or a lesser reality and at a level different from brahman. so it can have no impact on brahman or nothing can be anti to brahman.

Dear Sravna,

Anti does not mean having an impact..Anti just means "that which has an opposing action".

So Maya can be Anti-Brahman without Brahman being affected by it.

Maya is the Bride of Brahman,
But She makes Him wear a veil,
She shields creation from Him,
For She is only a dream.

For a dream to exists,
One has to remain asleep,
Maya lulls you to bed,
Hoping no one would get ahead.

Why is She so jealous,
No one really knows?
She loves her Groom,
Yet opposes Him ..leaving no room.

Last edited:
No Renuka, the effect of maya is not even opposing, strictly speaking. The real effect of maya is to make you realize the truth by making you think through your experiences. Only when you view superficially maya seems to be have an opposing action. The realization is spread through space and time.

No Renuka, the effect of maya is not even opposing, strictly speaking. The real effect of maya is to make you realize the truth by making you think through your experiences. Only when you view superficially maya seems to be have an opposing action. The realization is spread through space and time.
Hello Sravna, guess you will not reply to my previous post to you on this thread. That's ok. I do agree with a-TB's posts. However, have no intention to annoy you. It seems you will continue to create threads on your supposed powers. So be it. Lost interest in reading you up, since your answers are not making sense. Hence, will not disturb you anymore. Will end my posts to you with one request -- please use your ability for the sick and disabled, if you can intervene at individual level, instead of wasting time managing cyclones, boiling water and such things. Thanks and best wishes.

Sravna...read this link...Maya does NOT make you realize anything...it hypnotizes you.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/moksha/moksh_03.html

4, 5. Maya is Indescribable (Sat-Asat-Vilakshana Anadi Bhava Rupa Anirvachaniya Maya). She is neither Sat nor Asat. Maya is Anadi Santam. She is beginningless but has an end only for the sage who has realised the Self. Maya is Suddha Sattwa or pure Sattwa.

Maya is neither Sat nor Asat, neither real nor unreal, neither is, nor is not. It transcends human comprehension, it stands above all ratiocination, it controls even the reasoning capacity of the individual. The degree of intelligence of a person is proportional to what extent he is freed from the stupefying influence of Maya. It is hard to withdraw oneself from its clutches for it originates from and is based on the Eternal Brahman Itself. That which is based on the Infinite Reality must therefore be a hideous power difficult to win victory over. To extricate oneself from the hypnotic effect of this Divine Illusion the individual has to dehypnotise himself into the consciousness of Self-Illumination and absoluteness.

The nature of Maya is Anadi-Bhava or beginningless existence and is Anirvachaniya or inexpressible by speech. It is Sat-Asat-Vilakshana, distinct from existence and non-existence. It is Anadi-Santam, without beginning, but with an end. It is ended by Brahmajnana or Absolute Wisdom arrived at through intense meditation or Nididhyasana. Maya differs from Brahman in that Brahman is Anadi-Anantam, beginningless and endless, whereas Maya is Santam or removable. The origin of ignorance cannot be found out, but it is well known that sages who have realised the Eternal Brahman free themselves from the effects of Maya. One can only tell how to free oneself from Maya, but one cannot say why Maya creates a universe.
Maya is Shudda-Sattwa and is not preponderated by Rajas or Tamas. That is the reason why Ishwara or the Cosmic Lord is uncontrolled and unaffected by the hypnotising power of Maya.

Ishwara who is the Infinite limited by Maya is midway between the Indivisible Brahman and the multiple universe. Hence Ishwara is conscious of the Eternal Reality as well as of the diverse world of nature. He is in a sense, the mediator between Jiva and Brahman. Here is the necessity of the Jivas for developing devotion to God, for a sudden jumping into the Infinite Brahman is hard for the ignorant Jivas, without the help of the Universal Controller, Ishwara. Ishwara is the Personal God, the object of religious worship, and Brahman is the Absolute Truth, the object of philosophical quest.

Here again its clear that Maya does not aid you to realize the Truth for the Maya is the nature of the Mind:

Read on.

http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/moksha/moksh_03.html

Maya is of the nature of mind. Maya generates different degrees of illusions. Maya pervades everywhere. If your mind is destroyed by discrimination and Vichara, then Maya will not afflict you.

Maya is centred in the individual consciousness in the form of mind. Whatever Maya does, that the mind also does. Mind is miniature-Maya. The veiling and distracting activity of Maya is undertaken by the mind in the form of nescience and egoism. Nescience is seated in the innermost sheath or the Anandamaya kosha of the soul and the ego is seated in the intellect. The mind projects the physical body even as Maya projects the cosmos. The activity of the universe is going on in the human body too. The Chandogya Upanishad says that the space within the heart contains the earth and the heaven, the sun, moon, stars, lightning, clouds, wind, fire, etc., in the same way as the outer space contains. Whatever is found in the external universe is found exactly in the miniature cosmos or the human body. Jiva is therefore a degraded copy of Ishwara. And Atman, therefore, is Brahman.

There are different degrees in the manifestation of Maya or illusion. The power of disfiguring Reality is not of the same degree everywhere. Maya is more manifest and works more powerfully in inanimate beings than animate, more in brute nature than in refined, more in Tamas and Rajas than in Sattwa, more in the uncivilised than in the civilised, more on earth than in heaven, more in man than in the celestial, more in an aspirant than in a saint, more in the sleeping and dreaming states than in the waking, more in gross forms than in subtle. Maya is manifest in a progressive evolutionary basis on one hand and as a steady concealing of Reality on the other hand. In other words the whole process of appearance is in the domain of Maya.
Maya pervades in every quarter and cranny. There is nothing on earth or in heaven which is not controlled by the play of Maya. The universal change drags together with it the entirety of the individuals also and each individual is compelled by the cosmic change to change itself in the same manner befitting the cosmic process of Maya. Nothing here, not even a piece of straw, can be excluded from the operation of the law of Mayaic evolution. Maya is the ruling power which borrows its strength from Brahman.

When the mind is destroyed, Maya also is swept away from the vision of the individual. When the eye-sight is corrected, the appearance of two moons vanishes. When sun sets, there is no more the dance of the mirage. The whole universe is the perception by the mind of the Absolute Brahman in varieties of forms due to the fluctuations caused by desire for objective gain. Hence, the destruction of the mind is the brushing aside of the entire phenomena and that ends in the experience of the light of the Self.

My logic is there is purpose in everything and everything acts according to Ishvara's wish. So should be the effect of maya. We get deluded only to make mistakes and we make mistakes only to learn and evolve. So in the end the effect of maya though directly is creating illusion, helps in our evolution.

My logic is there is purpose in everything and everything acts according to Ishvara's wish. So should be the effect of maya. We get deluded only to make mistakes and we make mistakes only to learn and evolve. So in the end the effect of maya though directly is creating illusion, helps in our evolution.

Its hard to fully agree cos Maya does not have a encouraging effect directly or indirectly.

Not everyone is wired to learn from mistakes..some people are prone to choose to repeat the same mistake over and over again.

Each one of us have the tendencies to get hooked on to something or the other and only want to see it from our point of view.

For example...some people are compulsive flirts..they cant help it..they need to flirt to make them feel better..even though in that process they might experience even pain yet they go on and on.

So likewise some people like the idea of flirting with danger...and some Flirting with Spirituality and its powers!LOL

Get it...everyone of us is deluded in some way or the other.

So getting back to Maya...if a Makku does not learn from any mistakes..even if he moves on from life to life for Yugas he wont realize anything...Maya will NOT aid him in anyway.

The capacity to actually evolve comes from effort from within.

Lord Krishna said in Geeta..only Self can elevate Self.

Also Lord Krishna said that among the thousands that strive to know Him..hardly even one succeeds.

Thats shows the effect of Maya!

It surely is not aiding anyone of us to realize anything.

Siddhis

It seems to me that spiritual energy which is the real source of all energy can be used for all the tasks where energy is required. The advantages are it is inexhaustible and has built in intelligence . While we need to do the mental work to make something work even if physical energy is available, it is less so in the case of spiritual energy. Any appliance or machine becomes equivalent of a specialized robot because it can benefit from the intelligence of spiritual energy.

The question is not whether spiritual energy exists, but whether it will resolve the energy crisis. In the past and present there/are siddhas who have attained special powers through their dedicated sadhana. At some point of time they came to realise that such siddhis can never solve the basic human existential problem, hence worthless in the long run. Spiritual masters unequivocally state that man will be satisfied only by realisation of his essential unity with the universe (the present energy crisis is but another form of this human dissatisfaction leading us on to the quest of all kinds of material stuff to somehow quench the yearning for awhile)

.. the effect of maya ..is creating illusion..
This is the advaitin view, not the vedic view. Anyways, forget all views, including that of renuka above (as also nonsense of westerners who interpreted everything based on their interaction with sanskrit pandits who were essentially advatins). What is your take on this? Hoping to get decent answer for this; since the previous responses on your spiritual powers were disappointing. Thanks.

This is the advaitin view, not the vedic view. Anyways, forget all views, including that of renuka above (as also nonsense of westerners who interpreted everything based on their interaction with sanskrit pandits who were essentially advatins). What is your take on this? Hoping to get decent answer for this; since the previous responses on your spiritual powers were disappointing. Thanks.

Dear Shri Mssg,

Kindly list the queries that you want me to answer and I will try my best to answer them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back