• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rudram & chamakam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear V.B.JI,
I AM REALLY VERY HAPPY TO RECEIVE AN EXPLICIT AND PRECISE MEANING TO:
"ASOTO MA ______________AMRTAM GAMAYA" OM SHAANTIH, SHAANTIH,
SHAANTHIH."

YOU HAVE WRITTEN:-

O LORD, LEAD ME TOWARDS THE REALITY, LEAD ME TOWARDS THE LIGHT AND LEAD ME TOWARDS THE IMMORTALITY SO AS TO ENABLE ME TO ATTAIN PEACE IN MY LIFE.

hi

just info...i went to veda patashala and studied vedas in my childhood.....getting admission into veda patasala was very tough...

tight competetion tooo....some 4 decades back....nice veda patasalas ..dedicated gurus and shishyas......that guru /shishya

paramapara system going down now....now both are rare....everybody wants doctors/IT engineers....now a days....

some old retired ppl want to learn vedas....these are realities.....tech knowledge helps to learn through youtube./cds...

so now its hard to learn through guru /shishya parampara...

Dear tbs,
I agree to your point of view to some extent. That's in a way true, because that how its practically happening these days.
These things, the culture change is happening only because we started to neglect the subtle factors which is so vital and started to take only gross output in whatever we pursue.
We started to see thing from a western mind that what does it matter if i learn through cd, youtube or only through a qualified guru.?
Either we don't realize our mistake these days or we forgot the true quality that differentiate US(Indian minds) from the west.

That quality that i'm talking about is unique to us for ages, that is the SUBTLE factor in every act that we do that takes us to make real progress.
Simply to say, learning as a process involves not just learning the subject matter alone,
but the real qualities like
1) to respect the guru,
2) discipline,
3) his soulful blessings( which is not a gross manifestation but subtle one which really matters),
4) proper guidance when we do mistakes, and learning of subtle nuances,
5) and finally a person to person contact, the emotion vibration, inspiration to see a fully qualified personality in front of you.

... These things somewhat related are to "FAITH and BELIEF" which are very SUBLE. but those very "faith and belief" were our true strength which helped us finally attain the ultimate truth. But if you see, only these qualities (Faith and belief) the western minded mock much about in the name of our surreptitiousness .
It is true that to some extent that we lost the connect to the subtle factors why it so and what it reaps when followed, but it also our duty to pursue to know why it was so and what are their effects.

I'm an IT guy, but i didn't learn in a gurukulam as such, but went in search of an adept guru for some time .. and in time was able to learn few suktams with proper guidance and with considerable satisfaction. So, all it matters is how important it is for you to learn, and more importantly for what you are learning it.. It may be to show know few vedam mantram like to show off, or with devotion to recite, or for others it may be for some result for the recitation..
The effort is totally proportional to the result one seeks..
I hope i'm not offending any view.. i totally agree the standpoint of yours too in a way..
but i also humbly feel 'manam irundhaal maargam undu'..

All his grace.
Sarvam Krishnaarpanam.
Venkat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back