• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Religious conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Chandru Sir,

What about Muruga? How many wives he has got? Have you read Sivapurana? There is a story about how Aswini Devas were born. Please read it first and come and tell me what is your impression. In your younger days have you never played with girls? Which authoritative text of hindu culture speaks about this as bad activity? Please quote. What are my views on Krishna? How do you know them to want me to change them now?

We worship God in the form of Linga; not in the form of human beings and avatars in the form of various animals.

Muruga is treated as God and not as a human being. Muruga's marriage with Valli may be treated as encouraging IC marriage.

In North India the birthplace of Vaishnavism, the presiding deities are only human beings - Rama and Krishna and not Perumal as in the case of Tamil Nadu, which is due to Saivism's effect.

Remove caste-system, untouchability from your midst. Treat everyone equally. bring a so-called-sakkili to your house and eat with him. give him the same plate, tumbler, spoon that you use.

Do the white Christians living in the Western Countries perform the above things.

Do the white Christians living in the Western Countries perform the above things.

very few of the whites identify themselves as christians. most of them attend church only for weddings or funerals. afaik. i have lived in canada for over 40 years and that has been my experience. southern usa may be different.

yes. the whites without exception, share their cutlery with whomever they invite. no separate two glasses system for them. and they dont know caste.

it is the same in my household. my children identify themselves as hindus and wihtout caste. infact they have their father's views on castes manu bigorty and what he considers as 'crimes against humanity' perpetrated on dalits by all the castes above them per manu's 'needhi' :)

The temple staff including security have permission and authority to check the credentials of devotees (?); there are also instances when non hindus masqueraded as hindus and tried to enter the temple. Whenever such incidents happen, the staff become more alert and duty conscious - like heightened security in airports and stations after a bomb blast or threat. Each case must be evaluated on its merit.

This is what the chief trustee of guruvayur temple said in a tv interview - Our temple rules permit only hindus; if a person gets a certificate from arya samaj that he is a hindu, we accept it.

well, if that be so, it is not managed good.

just a few weeks ago, i was in ambalapuzha with about 65 people, 40 of them my college classmates and the rest, their spouses. there were xtians and a muslim. barring a handful, all of us, went to pay respects to the Lord, and the syrian xtian women applied chandanam and so did the men, when offered by the priest.

i think as long as one maintains decorum and shows respect, there should be no issue.

i can imagine the fiery protestant pastors demanding their god bring forth fire and brimstone on the 'idol' worhsippers or the jihadis planting a bomb. these ofcourse should be dealt with as pests and put away. but those who respect the decorum, let us show them our faith and be proud to show it too.

very few of the whites identify themselves as christians. most of them attend church only for weddings or funerals. afaik. i have lived in canada for over 40 years and that has been my experience. southern usa may be different.

yes. the whites without exception, share their cutlery with whomever they invite. no separate two glasses system for them. and they dont know caste.

:)

Equation cannot be made on similar lines. In India, it is caste, and in the Western Countries, it is probably race - white, black, Hispanic, Caucasian etc.

Does marriage between white and black take place frequently?

Within the caste, division will not be much; so also in the case of race and colour.

Ok my knowledge is limited. But you see, NDTV only debates these things and not about vice versa( conversions) . And one more question to you, you mentioned in your post that people who convert were " had no beleif on their faith, failures, cannot face challenges" etc...So curious, did you have any or all of these qualities( I assume you too embraced Xianity , since you said you have authority)...

Did i mention 'people who convert were..'? read my post again.

'..you too embraced xianity...'.

do brahmins hastily jump to invariably inappropriate conclusions?

The temple staff including security have permission and authority to check the credentials of devotees (?); there are also instances when non hindus masqueraded as hindus and tried to enter the temple. Whenever such incidents happen, the staff become more alert and duty conscious - like heightened security in airports and stations after a bomb blast or threat. Each case must be evaluated on its merit.

This is what the chief trustee of guruvayur temple said in a tv interview - Our temple rules permit only hindus; if a person gets a certificate from arya samaj that he is a hindu, we accept it.

should the president of india be denied entry into a temple in the very country of which he is president, just because he is not a hindu? (recollect zail singh's case). does this not sound absurd?

dear chandru, ashwin_ash, indianassault and others who keep pointing fingers at christians,

christians dont crib when someone from their fold convert to other religions and care two hoots when someone disowns their religion. only hindus seem to get jitters when someone disowns hinduism and embraces an other faith.

instead of crying foul, bad-mouthing other religionists, you would do well to introspect and find out if you were the cause for someone leaving your faith. draw others to yourselves by your character and conduct. i guarantee conversions from hinduism will cease.

my best wishes to you.

do brahmins hastily jump to invariably inappropriate conclusions?
Why do you tend to generalize members' comments? It only exposes your bias.

Think about how it would be if such sweeping generalizations were applied to christians, based on any individual action/reaction...

dear chandru, ashwin_ash, indianassault and others who keep pointing fingers at christians,

christians dont crib when someone from their fold convert to other religions and care two hoots when someone disowns their religion. only hindus seem to get jitters when someone disowns hinduism and embraces an other faith.

instead of crying foul, bad-mouthing other religionists, you would do well to introspect and find out if you were the cause for someone leaving your faith. draw others to yourselves by your character and conduct. i guarantee conversions from hinduism will cease.

my best wishes to you.

Kuyavaya, good riddance to you. Nobody will miss you here. Devane..ennai paarungal.. LOL

Please allow Dalit christians into your upper caste churches. I have too many christian friends who hate Dalits. Also please stop serving tea to Dalits in coconut shells, I saw it myself this year, and the tea stall was *not* run by brahmins.

please look at the speck in your own eye before pointing the speck in another's eye.

why should you and i care what they do in churches? it is not our concern.

let us give tea to so-called-dalits in our ever-silver tumbler. i will join you if you launch one such campaign.

Kuvs Ji,

You are not 100% right. I have seen Christians that almost conduct a exorcism when some member of their family embraces another religion!

Really I am not lying.

I also have seen a big time Hindu- Christian fight in one family where one sister converted to Christianity and the other sister remained a Hindu.

When the Hindu sister fell ill the Christian sister tried to do a healing session and the Hindu sister started yelling "Om Namah Shivaya" non stop and the Christian sister was trying to do healing by calling out for the Father,Son and Holy Ghost..it was bad scene..finally I intervened and asked both to shut up and administered medication!

So believe me..Christians always tend to want others in their religion..I feel its the Hindu that gives 2 Fs who converts and who does not.

I am not sure if you could represent the voice/feelings of christians as a whole.

It could be also that christians are least bothered about their religion and hence they dont care much?

The original bad mouthing and sneak-ups were done by Mr. Asirvadam (pls refer his "anaconda saligramam" for which you have not replied yet).

my best wishes to you.

should the president of india be denied entry into a temple in the very country of which he is president, just because he is not a hindu? (recollect zail singh's case). does this not sound absurd?
what is more absurd? A sikh wanting to enter a temple instead of gurudwara or he being denied entry. frankly too much is being made of this issue. I have gone to temples,mosques and churches all over india and whole world . nowhere I was denied entry. except there is dress code in some temples or covering head in gurudwaras and mosques, I visit them out of curiosity and not because of belief . It is not an issue too be debated at great lenghth. every religion has a code of conduct . why not observe them in case you want to go to their place of worship

please look at the speck in your own eye before pointing the speck in another's eye.

why should you and i care what they do in churches? it is not our concern.

let us give tea to so-called-dalits in our ever-silver tumbler. i will join you if you launch one such campaign.

Nobody cares whether you give in a gold tumbler or whatever. I thought I said good riddance to you. Please go back to your very own Sadhu Bandar or Sundar Singh or whatever. Be where you belong.

Really!!

Then why this thread!!!!

You are new to Forum. Most threads here are time pass..dont take threads too seriously!LOL

Have you seen other religions forums?? Its all about the Attack of Satan and how to blow up a non believer!LOL

Its fun yaar..just join the fun..I write some nonsense from time to time but still many click like for what I write!LOL

Cool Yaar..lets all be friends.

I am not sure if you could represent the voice/feelings of christians as a whole.

why should i?

It could be also that christians are least bothered about their religion and hence they dont care much?

they have better and more important things to care about.

The original bad mouthing and sneak-ups were done by Mr. Asirvadam (pls refer his "anaconda saligramam" for which you have not replied yet).

what was bad-mouthing about saligramam? that was one of the many versions. it was not worth replying. i did'nt want to waste my time.

my best wishes to you.[/QUOTE]

you are new to forum. Most threads here are time pass..dont take threads too seriously!lol

have you seen other religions forums?? Its all about the attack of satan and how to blow up a non believer!lol

its fun yaar..just join the fun..i write some nonsense from time to time but still many click like for what i write!lol

cool yaar..lets all be friends.

i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have better and more important things to care about.

Yes, like the hindu religion, for example... :)

what was bad-mouthing about saligramam? that was one of the many versions. it was not worth replying. i did'nt want to waste my time.
Oh, but I think you cannot reply to that even if you wanted to. The pretense showed.

my best wishes to you.[/QUOTE]

You are new to Forum. Most threads here are time pass..dont take threads too seriously!LOL

Have you seen other religions forums?? Its all about the Attack of Satan and how to blow up a non believer!LOL

Its fun yaar..just join the fun..I write some nonsense from time to time but still many click like for what I write!LOL

Cool Yaar..lets all be friends.
Rji K. takes herself seriously and hence passionate about her views. she does ot understand ash. once she gets to know him , she will appreciate his weird posts and his emotions. unti then you have to be peacemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back