• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Religious conversion of film personalities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, it is time for handing over the leadership of Hindu Religion to Dalits. MBCs and BCs, instead of Bs retaining the pivotal position. They will be definitely more successful in unifying Hindus than Bs and they will also be very effective to counter Abrahamic Religions. Hindus are badly in need of a Saint like Swamy Vivekananda.

Dear Chandru ji,

I dont get it..what has the caste of a person got to do with being a good religious/spiritual leader?

How will this be unifying to Hindus??? Getting rid of the Brahmins position in religion is not going to bring about any unity in Hinduism and neither will a NB taking over everything fully foster unity of any kind.It will only create a new batch of castes..the Neo Brahmin and the Neo Dalit and a reversal of roles but not really solving the problem at the grass root level.

As long differences remain unity of any kind is not possible.

In my opinion I feel the most deserving candidate is the one who should lead a force of any kind.

Only when we look beyond caste and see a person only by his capability..only then the best of the best can be chosen to head any task..and this can be anyone from any community.

Hindus have been having this 'Avatar Syndrome' of not doing enough for themselves but always hoping for God or a Saint to come rescue them.

Why wait for a saint? what has happened to our own brains..so many Saints/Swamijis/Mataji/Guruji/Avatars have come and gone and they have taught enough to society and if that is still not enough that shows one has chosen not to use their brains.

When we know how to get up when we fall and not wait for a saint to pick us up..what is so hard to make effort to save our own selves?

Firstly a Hindu needs to get rid of the notion that only some saint can save him..that is sheer inertia in my opinion.

Last edited:
Honorable Mr. tks sir,

True I am a newbie. That does not mean I need to read posts that are dated only from the date i joined sir. I have been reading the posts in this forum for a long time sir. Any sensible person would understand this sir. being a senior member you ought to have understood this sir. it really pains me that there are members in this esteemed forum lacking even this basic sense and exposing their senselessness by means of such skeptical, cynical questions raised in sarcastic manner sir. your doubts are baseless sir and your queries are irrelevant to the subject matter of discussion in this thread and hence needless sir. It does not behove a true brahmin. in my humble opinion it is uncivilized, uncultured and uncouth to ask people to share their religion sir in this forum which is open to members of all religions, caste, creed, color sir. I have read many of your posts sir and truly i held you in a high esteem sir. But i am sorry to say i no longer hold you in any esteem sir.

i humbly request you to quit raising doubts and to cease interfering in others personal affairs and matters sir. you confine yourselves to sharing your viewpoints, opinions regarding the subject of discussion sir. that would be healthy for this forum sir.

I hold this forum in very high esteem sir. Please do not bring shame and disgrace to this forum by your mean queries and misgivings sir.

It is a straightforward set of questions since the discussion and viewpoints center around religious conversion. No one asked you about any personally identifiable questions because that is irrelevant. And you did not answer either !

No one knows anything about anyone beyond what they voluntarily share. You are not required to share but I thought it would be easier to understand your perspective. I also asked you if you have previously introduced yourself anywhere.

We have had people coming here posing with Hindu sounding Nicks only to reveal later as someone else by their writing.

Normally if someone asks about my religion I would say I was raised as a Hindu TB! It is not a big deal.

I would say , yes I have been following the forum for a long time without becoming a member (which is rare usually since it is anonymous in terms of what is shared is whatever a person chooses to share only).

We have had people come here with new Avatara with an agenda and their prior identity gets noticed by their intentions and style which is often hard to conceal.

I am not writing here to earn any marks or to lose any marks from anyone.

What do you think a 'true brahmin' is supposed to behave - that would be a meaningless generalization ..

Hence my only reaction to your response is

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Dear Chandru ji,

I dont get it..what has the caste of a person got to do with being a good religious/spiritual leader?

How will this be unifying to Hindus??? Getting rid of the Brahmins position in religion is not going to bring about any unity in Hinduism and neither will a NB taking over everything fully foster unity of any kind.It will only create a new batch of castes..the Neo Brahmin and the Neo Dalit and a reversal of roles but not really solving the problem at the grass root level.

As long differences remain unity of any kind is not possible.

In my opinion I feel the most deserving candidate is the one who should lead a force of any kind.

Only when we look beyond caste and see a person only by his capability..only then the best of the best can be chosen to head any task..and this can be anyone from any community.

Hindus have been having this 'Avatar Syndrome' of not doing enough for themselves but always hoping for God or a Saint to come rescue them.

Why wait for a saint? what has happened to our own brains..so many Saints/Swamijis/Mataji/Guruji/Avatars have come and gone and they have taught enough to society and if that is still not enough that shows one has chosen not to use their brains.

When we know how to get up when we fall and not wait for a saint to pick us up..what is so hard to make effort to save our own selves?

Firstly a Hindu needs to get rid of the notion that only some saint can save him..that is sheer inertia in my opinion.

Madam,

A good NB Hindu spiritual will have more acceptance and will be in a better position to take on others. More participation is possible. Though Bs are also converted, majority of such activity points to NBs, which can be thwarted by such change.

Narayana Guru in Kerala is a perfect example of bringing the downtrodden people also in the mainstream as far as religion and oneness are concerned.

Mr. Subramaniam Swamy is of the opinion that Christians, Muslims, Parsis, Sikhs etc should be given voting rights if they acknowledge that their ancestry is Hindu. Others are, of course, citizens, but sans voting rights.

Thanks Brahmachari...This is the religious demography as of 2001:

Religious Composition
Population *
(%)

Hindus​

827,578,868​

80.5​

Muslims​

138,188,240​

13.4​

Christians​

24,080,016​

2.3​

Sikhs​

19,215,730​

1.9​

Buddhists​

7,955,207​

0.8​

Jains​

4,225,053​

0.4​

Other Religions & Persuasions​

6,639,626​

0.6​

Religion not stated​

727,588​

0.1​

Total *​

1,028,610,328​

100.​

As per India Hindus are 80.5%

We do not have the religious demographics of 2011 census..But as per grapevine Hindus are under 80% now

Dear Vgane Sir,

Thanks a lot for the statistics.

In the above list, the Religions other than Islam and Christianity are those to which hindus do not convert and hence they do not pose any threat or concern. For that no one converts to Sikhism or Jainism or Buddhism nowadays. Hence followers of religions other than hinduism can be considered pseudo-hindus.

As per the above stats, the Muslims and Christians together constitute 15.7%.

We are also hearing about re-conversions back to hinduism and they are not recorded. Some personalities like Dharmendra and Hemamalini who converted just get married to each other have not converted in principle and they remain hindus by practice.

There are numerous who are muslims and christians just for namesake and they do not practise their religion.

Hence I reckon we need not alarmed at conversions. I feel perhaps we are giving undue and excessive attention to these conversion gimmicks which is what the proselytizers aim to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back