• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Religious conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ms. K, surely it is not just the Aryan religion that is responsible for "gentrification". Surely Christ died on the cross for the poor huddled masses of TN as well?

the iskconites and the jkrishnamurthiites have concluded that Christ died and resurrected also for the entire world, for the rich as well, for all members in this forum, for you and for I. no point blaming Christ. brahmin dominance extended on to the tamilians as well, besides the society where veda vyasa lived.

Last edited:
the iskconites and the jkrishnamurthiites have concluded that Christ died and resurrected also for the entire world, for the rich as well, for all members in this forum, for you and for I. no point blaming Christ. brahmin dominance extended on to the tamilians as well, besides the society where veda vyasa lived.

In that case, you should follow Christ's example..for society's salvation.

"......... and then there is this christian brahmana seva samithi and their bhagavathar's kathaa kaalashepam. hilarious :)

the samithi no longer exists mr. kunjuppu. there were internal squabbles, differences of opinion and it got dissolved faster than it evolved. this sastriar who performed the katha kalakshepam (or another one who also did something on similar lines) were tried in a court of law for perverting hindu scriptures, for attempting to proselytize by crafty means and were convicted.

the samithi no longer exists mr. kunjuppu. there were internal squabbles, differences of opinion and it got dissolved faster than it evolved. this sastriar who performed the katha kalakshepam (or another one who also did something on similar lines) were tried in a court of law for perverting hindu scriptures, for attempting to proselytize by crafty means and were convicted.

Liberate society by following Christ's example. I know some people in the Philippines who nail themselves to the cross each Easter, in enactment of the Passion. Perhaps you can also follow suit and set a glorious and shining example.

Liberate society by following Christ's example. I know some people in the Philippines who nail themselves to the cross each Easter, in enactment of the Passion. Perhaps you can also follow suit and set a glorious and shining example.

you sound more passionate about getting nailed on the cross than those phillippians. sorry sir, i am too humble and unworthy of being on par with the messiah. perhaps you can try imitating the phillippians!!!

and please do not proselytize. it is violating the rules of this forum.

Last edited:
you sound more passionate about getting nailed on the cross than those phillippians. sorry sir, i am too humble and unworthy of being on par with the messiah. perhaps you can try imitating the phillippians!!!

and please do not proselytize. it is violating the rules of this forum.

You've gone berserk. Calm down. And you are also insulting an entire nation, the Philippines. This is not acceptable.

You've gone berserk. Calm down. And you are also insulting an entire nation, the Philippines. This is not acceptable.

i committed none worse an insult than imitating the messiah on a call exclusively HIS, attempting to re-do something absolutely completed and finished!

and please do not expect any more responses from me for any post on this sub-topic. i deem it a disgrace to respond.

Brahmana is a varna and not a caste. There are other varnas too. All varnas are found all over bharath. You are confusing jati/ kula with varna. Krishna is a vaishya belonging to yadu kula. It is a waste of time to and inaccurate as well to investigate the origin of menon or okkaliga. Like saying there is no vadama or vadakakai in maharashtra. Only sanatana dharma allowed everyone to do what they want and never tried to convert anyone to any faith or ism. These vile and vicious tricks will no longer catch the minds of gullible public. Definition of self respect is to respect one's tradition and live by it.

brahmins are not originally tamilians mr. sarang. all the brahmins were one, speaking sanskrit. brahmins spread, mingled with people of other linguistic groups. the descendants, as is norm, spoke the language of the mother and followed the faith system of the fathers. hence tamil brahmins, telugu brahmins, kannada brahmins, malayalam brahmins, marathi brahmins, bengali brahmins etc. that explains why brahmins caste is the only caste found in all language groups. you dont have a malayalam reddy, not telugu gounder or mudaliyar, nor kannada menon, nor tamil okkaliga, nor bengali gaekwar, nor marathi basu etc.

also explains why brahmins and only brahmins worship, chant and recite only sanskrit mantras.

i committed none worse an insult than imitating the messiah on a call exclusively HIS, attempting to re-do something absolutely completed and finished!

and please do not expect any more responses from me for any post on this sub-topic. i deem it a disgrace to respond.

Please reenact the Passion for our benefit during Easter, including nailing yourself to the cross. That is the best way to imitate the messiah, since you were trying to imitate him. It will also help you live in His kingdom very soon as per your wishes.

it is done even in santhome and i have seen it during the easter time. the passion of Christ is enacted, and a guy with shoulder length hair used to do it yearly when i was a teenager. :)

interesting. in malaysia christ is referred as Allah in local text to appeal to locals. the christian priest there is being prosecuted by the govt for sedition

in malay bhasaindonesia bakr eid is called hari raya pusa. in deference to their hindu heritage. conversions to islam were done by the arab merchants only about 500 years ago and was peaceful. till about 50 years ago, the islam of south east asia was very mild and pacific. so much so that somerset maugham thought of converting.

only after independence malaysia became more rabidly muslim, and that too because of fear of chinese domination. they brought out pretty nasty laws in favor of malays for jobs and business, called bhumputra laws. the most impacted community due to these discrimnatory laws were the plantation working tamils' descendents, who still form overwhelmingly, the poorer section of malyasia, and the prosperity has bypassed them, by and large. the recent hindraf is their way of asserting their tamil hinduism and for a bigger share of the pie.

also due to large no of malay women marrying non malays, made it a policy, for anyone marrying a muslim, MUST convert to islam. a tamil malay colleague of mine, in order to sidestep this, he a tamil hindu, married a tamil muslim, who converted to hinduism. they emigrated to canada :)

today south east asia is the source of some of the most radical sections of islam, and provide foot soldiers for al qaeda, and a potential threat to multi racial multi lingual malaysia.. the biggest threat to that country, since sukarno's policy of confrontation and dream of uniting malaysia philipines and indonesia into one country called maphilindo - after all prior to european arrival these were all one ethnic group and spoke a common tongue closer to current malay (tagalog the philipine language has borrowed from the spanish, and bhasa indonesia has some dutch in it, i believe).

:)

Hari Raya Puasa or Hari Raya Aidil Fitri is what is known as Eid Ul Fitr.

Hari Raya Haji or Hari Raya Aidil Adha is what is known as Eid Ul Adha.

As far as I know the Bakr Eid term is used in India/Pakistan mainly cos Bakra(Goats) are used in the ritual sacrifice.

Last edited:
Interesting post Mr. K. So is Meenakshi amman Vedic or pagan?

dear biswa, i would desist the use of the term 'pagan'. it means different things for followers of different religion, and as i respect all religions, i feel, 'pagan' is a blasphemy. if you dont mind that is. :)

the cult of amman is uniquely tamil and kerala afaik. not sure about karnataka or andhra. in kerala we used to call them bhagavati and there are numerous bhagavati koils...the priests are NB and the functions like thali poli (for virgins) invariably end in animal sacrifice and komaram (god visiting the priest). pretty scary to watch.

same as our tamil ammans (each one has a story behind it, and many are memorials to some woman who died a tragic or brave death). again here the poosaris are NB and the prayers are what the poosaris make up in their own words. no scripted dialogue with God. goat or chicken sacrificed.

i think vedic hinduism came with the cholas for sure as cholas distinctively treated the brahmins reverently, granted them land and largesse, at the expense of villagers, who were arbitrarily taxed for the sake of the brahmins, and that too for perpetuity. probably this started the anti brahmin feelings among tamils, as there are kalvettu records of agitations against largesses to brahmins from lands expropirated by the king. unfortunately i cannot cite the sources now.. but these are authentic among kalvettus (stone inscriptions) and copper plates.

my aunt who went to velanganni, felt the presence of amman, in the lady of velankanni. there is a velankanni church in besant nagar, and in late august they have an annual festival for which pilgrims come walking from long distances. all wear the distinct kaavi of hindu heritage.

the quest towards the next world's comfort and happiness, to me, appears to be paramount, to those deprived of material comforts of this world, and who dream of it in the next. the exception may be the residents of the gulf countries, who still appear to adhere to a extreme form of islam even though these have money coming through their ears for the past 40+ years. and ofcourse saudi, where jihadists appear to mushroom inspite of all the oil wealth. why? i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back