• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

I am now going to cover some great quotes by the Awakened and Enlightened Gautama Buddha, one of ancient India's greatest philosopher

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

Last edited:
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

Peter Abelard was a French theologian, logistician and Philosopher...I liked a few quotes from him:

The key to wisdom is this - constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth.

Peter Abelard
(1079-1142)

How do children learn so much in so little time???

They keep asking questions...:bump2:

making us think in case we have not thought about it earlier!

Yes! Seeking the answers is seeking the truth.

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

I am now going to cover some great quotes by the Awakened and Enlightened Gautama Buddha, one of ancient India's greatest philosopher

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

PAST is history
Future is a mystery
Present is a GIFT
That is why it is called as PRESENT.
Living right in the present must free us from
the fear of the future and remorse of the past!

As I get myself enlightened with more quotes from Buddha, I am thrilled with his simplicity; his gems of wisdom is a practical guide to success and happiness in life

"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind"

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

Anger burns the one who hoards it more than
the one on who it is aimed at. :flame:
Hatred born of anger is a double edged sword.
It hurts the wielder more than the victim.

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

Bhayam = fear
Abhayam = fearlessness
ONLY God can make us fearless.
That is why GOD is said to give us Abhayam
with his abhaya hastham - be it a god or a goddess.

The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

When one has the feeling of dislike for evil, when one feels tranquil, one finds pleasure in listening to good teachings; when one has these feelings and appreciates them, one is free of fear

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.

Gautama Buddha
(563 B.C-483 B.C)

Apparently the IDLE people are in hurry to reach their destination-
despite their seeming inaction. :couch2:...:bored:...:sleep:...:rip:

Latest ads

Back