• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

Pride, anger, carelessness, illness and idleness are the five obstacles in the path of acquiring knowledge.

Mahavira (599 B.C-527 B.C)

Kaama, krodha, lobha, moha, madha, maachchraym

are the six enemies of human mind.

Sleep, sloth, idleness, carelessness and indifference

are the perpetual enemies of any pursuit. :bored:

Those who take wholesome and healthy food, in lesser quantity, never fall sick and do not need the services of a physician.They are their own physicians.They remain engaged in their internal purification.

Mahavira (599 B.C-527 B.C)

"mitha aahaara vihaaram" as told to us in Gita. :hungry:...:sleep:

Dharma and also the studying and teaching;
Truth and also studying and teaching;
Austerity and also studying and teaching;
Self control and studying and teaching;
Tranquillity and the learning and teaching;
The kindling of sacrifices and also studying and teaching;
Hospitality to guests and also studying and teaching;
The performance of social duties and also the learning and teaching;

Extracts from
Tatriya Upanishad

I now cover the Quotes of Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known by his pen name Mark Twain...He was an American author and humorist...A great writer & public speaker and scathing social commentator...
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing you can do is keep your mind young.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but Cabbage with a College Education

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

I now cover the Quotes of Samuel Langhorne Clemens, better known by his pen name Mark Twain...He was an American author and humorist...A great writer & public speaker and scathing social commentator...
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Shows that majority is ALWAYS wrong???

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing you can do is keep your mind young.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

I understand now
icon3.png

how I can project to be

one-third my real age!!! :dance:

Latest ads

Back