• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

The dream catchers I love...

images

World

The world is a comedy for those who think :)
and a tragedy to those who feel. :(
Horace Walpole

(What about a person who both thinks and feels...
like you-all-know-who :humble:

Tragico-comedy or comico-tragedy???)

The world's a bubble, and the life of man
Less than a span. :tsk:
Francis bacon

World

For every man the world is as fresh as it was at the first day, :cool:
and as full of untold novelties for him who has the eyes to see it. :love:
Thomas Henry Huxley

The created world is but a small parenthesis in eternity. :clock:
Sir. Thomas Browne.

Indian philosophy from the lips (pen) of foreigner!!!

Worry

If I spend as much time doing the things
I worry about getting done,
as I do worrying about them,
I wouldn't have anything to worry about. :dizzy:
Beryl Pfizer

Life is too short for mean anxieties. :hand:
Charles Kingsley

Worry
Anxiety in human life is what
squeaking and grinding are in machinery
that is not oiled. In life trust is the oil.
Anon?

"Worry' is a word I don't allow myself to use.
Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Writing

True ease in writing comes from art, not chance,:typing:

As those move easiest who have learned to dance. :dance:
Alexander Pope

The writer is an engineer of human soul. :smash:
Joseph Stalin

I am now back with more quotes....I shall take up the quotes of Edwin Powell Hubble. one of formost astromers from USA who propounded that Universe is expanding

Past time is finite, future time is infinite.

Edwin Powell Hubble
(1889-1953)

Positive, objective knowledge is public property. It can be transmitted directly from one person to another, it can be pooled, and it can be passed on from one generation to the next. Consequently, knowledge accumulates through the ages, each generation adding its contribution. Values are quite different. By values, I mean the standards by which we judge the significance of life. The meaning of good and evil, of joy and sorrow, of beauty, justice, success-all these are purely private convictions, and they constitute our store of wisdom. They are peculiar to the individual, and no methods exist by which universal agreement can be obtained. Therefore, wisdom cannot be readily transmitted from person to person, and there is no great accumulation through the ages. Each man starts from scratch and acquires his own wisdom from his own experience. About all that can be done in the way of communication is to expose others to vicarious experience in the hope of a favorable response.

Edwin Powell Hubble
(1889-1953)

Last edited:
Science is the one human activity that is truly progressive. The body of positive knowledge is transmitted from generation to generation.

Edwin Powell Hubble
(1889-1953)

"At the last dim horizon, we search among ghostly errors of observations for landmarks that are scarcely more substantial. The search will continue. The urge is older than history. It is not satisfied and it will not be oppressed."

Edwin Powell Hubble
(1889-1953)

With increasing distance, our knowledge fades, and fades rapidly. Eventually, we reach the dim boundary—the utmost limits of our telescopes. There, we measure shadows, and we search among ghostly errors of measurement for landmarks that are scarcely more substantial. The search will continue. Not until the empirical resources are exhausted, need we pass on to the dreamy realms of speculation.

Edwin Powell Hubble
(1889-1953)

I am now back with more quotes....I shall take up the quotes of Edwin Powell Hubble. one of formost astromers from USA who propounded that Universe is expanding

Past time is finite, future time is infinite.

Edwin Powell Hubble
(1889-1953)

:welcome: back friend!

Thanks for the promise of more quotes!!

I do hope the senseless humans will ALLOW the future time

to be infinite and not make it shorter than the past.

ref #943

Knowledge can be transmitted from person to person and generation to generation.

The future generation stands on the shoulders of the present generation.

The present generation stands on the shoulders of the past generation.

That is how man is able to reached higher and farther from generation to generation.

But wisdom is to be gained at individual level and most people will not even accept

the words of wisdom uttered by the now-wise-people,

who used to be otherwise and who had become wise the hard way.

Science is the one human activity that is truly progressive. The body of positive knowledge is transmitted from generation to generation.

Edwin Powell Hubble
(1889-1953)

Unfortunately as science progresses, human values seem to become less significant.

As art spreads far and wide, its depth and standard seem to decrease.

Does something have to decrease when another thing increases?

Is it Nature's way of managing some invisible kind of balance act? :noidea:

ref #946

The Hubble Space Telescope (HST) is a space telescope that was carried into orbit by a Space Shuttle in 1990 and remains in operation. A 2.4-meter (7.9 ft) aperture telescope in low Earth orbit, Hubble's four main instruments observe in the near ultraviolet, visible, and near infrared. The telescope is named after the astronomerEdwin Hubble.

Courtesy Wikipedia

Hubble has played his part well in

increasing the distance that can be seen

and accuracy of the measurements that can be made

thereby reducing the need for speculations! :thumb:

Latest ads

Back