• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quotable Quotes Part II

பிராணாயாமத்தின் மகத்துவம்

ஒரு காரியத்தை சிரத்தையாக ஒருவன் பண்ணினால் 'மூச்சைப் பிடித்துக் கொண்டு பண்ணுகிறான்' என்று சொல்லுகிறோம். வாஸ்தவத்தில் இந்த அர்க்ய காரியத்தையே மூச்சைப் பிடித்துக் கொண்டு பண்ண வேண்டும்! தினந்தோறும் இதைப்பண்ணி வந்தால் அந்த சத்ருக்கள் நாசமாய்ப் போய் விடுவார்கள். இது பண்ணுவதற்கு முதலில் மூச்சைப் பிடித்துக் கொள்ள வேண்டும். அதாவது ச்வாஸத்தை அடக்க வேண்டும். இப்பொழுது நாம் மூக்கை மட்டும் தான் பிடிக்கிறோம். சாஸ்திரம் 'நாஸிகாம் (மூக்கை) ஆயம்ய' என்று சொல்லவில்லை. 'ப்ராணான் (மூச்சை) ஆயம்ய' என்றுதான் சொல்லியிருக்கிறது. அதாவது வெறுமே மூக்கைப் பிடிக்காமல் பிராணனையே கட்டுப்பாட்டில் கொண்டுவர வேண்டும். 'ப்ராணாயாமம்' என்பது 'ப்ராண ஆயாமம்', அதாவது 'ச்வாஸக் கட்டுப்பாடு', 'ஆயம்ய' என்றால் 'கட்டுப்படுத்தி'.

எந்தக் காரியம் பண்ணினாலும் மனது ஒருமைப்பட வேண்டும். ஜலத்தைக் கொண்டு அஸ்திரப் பிரயோகம் செய்வதற்கும் மனது ஒருமைப்பட வேண்டும். அதற்காகத் தான் மூச்சைப் பிடிக்க வேண்டும். 'மூச்சைப் பிடித்தால் மனது எப்படி நிற்கும்?' என்று கேட்கலாம். மனது நிற்கிற பொழுது மூச்சு நிற்பதைப் பார்க்கிறோமே!

பெரிய ஆச்சரியம் உண்டாகிறது, பெரிய துன்பம் வருகிறது, பெரிய சந்தோஷம் ஏற்படுகிறது என்று வைத்துக் கொள்வோம். அப்பொழுது மனசுலயித்துப் போய் ஏகாந்தமாக நிற்கிறது; 'ஹா!' என்று கொஞ்ச நேரம் மூச்சும் நின்றுபோய் விடுகிறது. அப்புறம் வேகமாக ஒடுகிறது. நாமாக அதை நிறுத்தவில்லை; தானாக நிற்கிறது. மனசு ஒன்றிலே நன்றாக ஈடுபட்டவுடன் மூச்சு நின்றுவிடுகிறது. பின்பு பெருமூச்சு விடுகிறோம். எதற்காக? முன்பு விடாத மூச்சையும் சேர்த்து விடுகிறோம். இப்படி மனது ஒருமைப்படுகிற போது மூச்சு நிற்கிறதென்றால் மூச்சை நாமாக நிறுத்தினாலும் மனது ஒருமைப்படும் என்று ஆகிறதல்லவா? இதற்காகத்தான் பிராணாயாமத்தால் மூச்சை இறுக்கி, அப்புறம்அர்க்கயம் தருவது.

நாம் அர்க்கியம் விடும்போது சித்த ஐகாரியத்தோடு (மன ஒருமைப்பாட்டோடு) விடவேண்டும். பிராணாயாமம் பண்ணினால் சித்தைக்காக்கிரிய& #2990;் உண்டாகும். அதை நிறையப்பண்ணுவது யோகத்திற்கு அவசியம். அப்படி நிறையப் பண்ணுவது கஷ்டமானது; உபதேசத்தின்படி செய்ய வேண்டியது. நாம் ஸந்தியாவந்தனத்தில& #3021; அதிகபட்சமாக ஒரு இடத்தில் பத்துத் தடவை பண்ணுகிறோம். மூன்று பண்ணு என்னும் சில இடத்தில் இருக்கிறது. சிறு வயதில் உபநயனமான காலம் முதற்கொண்டு கிரமமாக நாம் வேளைக்குப் பத்துப் பிராணாயாமம் பண்ணிக்கொண்டு வந்திருந்தாலே, இத்தனை நாளில் யோகீச்வரராக ஆகியிருப்போம். பண்ணுகிறதைச் சரியாகப் பண்ண வேண்டுமல்லவா? அரை நிமிஷம் ச்வாஸத்தை நிற்கப் பண்ண வேண்டும். அதிகமாக வேண்டாம். பிராணன் நின்றால் மனது நிற்கும். அந்த நிலையில் அர்க்யம் கொடுத்தால் வாஸ்தவமாகக் கெட்ட அஸுர சக்திகள் ஓடிப்போகும். மனஸ் நின்றால் நாம் விடுகிற ஜலம் அஸ்திரமாகும்.

அர்க்கியமாகிய அஸ்திரப் பிரயோகத்தைப் பண்ண வேண்டும். பின்பு காயத்ரீ பண்ணவேண்டும். பிராணாயாமத்தைக் கூடிய வரையில் பண்ணவேண்டும். மூச்சைக் கொஞ்சம் நிறுத்துகிறது, பின்பு விடுகிறது என்ற அளவில் இருந்தாலே போதும். அதிகம் அடக்கவேண்டாம். ஸங்கல்பம், மார்ஜனம், பிராசனம், அர்க்யப்ரதானம், ஜபம், ஸ்தோத்திரம், அபிவாதனம் இவ்வளவும் பரமேச்வரனுடைய அநுக்கிரஹம் பெறுவதற்காகப் பண்ணகிறேனென்று நினைத்துச் செய்யவேண்டும். முதலில் பண்ணும் ஸங்கல்பம் என்பது அதுதான். ஆரம்ப முதல் கடைசி வரையில் பரமேச்வரார்ப்பணம் பண்ணவேண்டும். இவ்வளவுக்கும் பிராணாயாமம் முக்கிய அங்கம். திரிகாலங்களிலும் இதை ஸ்வல்பமாவது பண்ணவேண்டும்.

தினந்தோறும் மூன்று வேளையும் ரோகிஷ்டன் (நோயாளி) கூடப் பிராணாயாமம் பண்ணவேண்டும் என்று சாஸ்திரத்தில் இருப்பதால் உபத்திரவம் கொடுக்கிற அளவுக்கு இதில் ச்வாஸக் கட்டுப்பாடு இல்லை என்று புரியும். இப்படிப் பண்ணினாலே ரோகமும் போய் தீர்க்காயுஸ் உண்டாகும்.

Dear Bala Sir,

I can understand your enthusiasm to copy paste what ever you feel is important to share with us.

But post the pages in the relevant threads, please! Thank you in advance. :)

Woman

God created woman only to tame men. :whip:
Voltaire

Words

A word spoken in due season,
how good is it!

Proverbs 15:23

Words are, of course, the
most powerful drug used by mankind.
Rudyard Kipling

Thank you. Since I wanted to share with you, I felt it would be seen by you.

Balasubramanian

The best way to share a POST with ONE person without traffic jams
is to send it to that member by a P.M!!! No one will complain then.

Or better still it may be posted in a thread started by that member
to make sure that it will be SEEN and READ too by that member.

Words
Short words are the best and the old words
when short are best of all.
Sir Winston Churchill

Wow! He agrees with me that
all great things should be simple!
:thumb:

Words are wise men's counters,
they do but reckon with them,
but they are the money of fools.
Thomas Hobbes

Words

Proper words in proper places, :typing:

make the true definition of a style. :thumb:

Jonathan Swift

But words are words : I never yet did hear :nono:

That the bruis'd heart was pierced through the ear. :ear:

William Shakespeare

Work

My father taught me to work ;
he did not teach me to love it.

Abraham Lincoln

No work of mine shall be other than true metal-
if copper, copper; if gold, gold; but not copper gilded.

John James Audubon

Sightseeing-Photos-1347517102-1290-jpg-images-attractions-300x250-1350379939.jpg
rk.jpg
God is Love
If you must be mad, be it not for the things of the world. Be mad with the love of God… Many good sayings are to be found in holy books, but merely reading them will not make one religious. One must practice the virtues taught in such books in order to acquire love of God.

Sightseeing-Photos-1347517102-1290-jpg-images-attractions-300x250-1350379939.jpg
rk.jpg
God is Love
If you must be mad, be it not for the things of the world. Be mad with the love of God… Many good sayings are to be found in holy books, but merely reading them will not make one religious. One must practice the virtues taught in such books in order to acquire love of God.

He/ she who can not love
the fellow humans who are visible
can never love God - who is invisible!!!

Work

Work banishes those three great evils,

boredom, Vice and poverty. :bored:...... :heh:
Voltaire

We have too many people who live without working, :couch2:

and we have altogether too many who work without living. :roll:
Charles Brown

Work
I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
I love to keep it by me: the idea of getting rid of it nearly breaks my heart.
Jerome. K. Jerome

Should we do the work or look at it
for hours at a stretch and admire it???

To labor is to pray.
St. Augustine

(Work is worship!!!)

Work
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
James Howell

Am I turning into one such person??? :confusion:

Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.
Thomas Edison

I have seen people pacing inside a train in order to reach :roll:

their destination sooner than the others in the compartment!!! :rolleyes:

Work

It is better to wear out than to rust out.
Richard of Cumberland

I don't like work-no man does -
but I like what is in work -
the chance to find yourself.
Your own reality - for yourself,
not for others - what
no other man can ever know.
Joseph Conrad.

World

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.
Ernest Hemingway

The world itself is but a large prison
out of which some are daily led to execution.
Sir Walter Raleigh

Latest ads

Back