• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Please vote for brahmin candidates especially in South Madras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear brahmin brothers,

As a fellow tamil brahmin, I urge you all to vote for tamil brahmin candidates in the forthcoming lok sabha polls in Tamil Nadu.

If we dont vote enmasse to brahmin candidates, we will never show the strength of brahmins electorally and that hurts us, be it in reservation or while ridiculing us for political gains.

As a start, Please vote for La.Ganesan, President, TN BJP in the South Madras Lok sabha constituency.

South Madras has the largest number of brahmins in any lok sabha constituency in TN. About 22% of votes are brahmin votes.

Please ensure you and your relatives in South Madras vote enmasse to a brahmin candidate and he is the only one. And the only serious brahmin candidate in the whole of TN.

Strength lies in unity. Please vote.

In Bangalore south, Kannada Brahmin Ananth Kumar of BJP wins because brahmins vote enmasse, although his constituency is predominantly other religion people. We need to show the same unity in TN.

Thanks
Raghavendran.N.

Reequest the Brahmin community to Vote for Please vote for La.Ganesan, President, TN BJP in the South Madras Lok sabha constituency as well as BJP Candidates in other constituency.

re

Reequest the Brahmin community to Vote for Please vote for La.Ganesan, President, TN BJP in the South Madras Lok sabha constituency as well as BJP Candidates in other constituency.

how do nri's vote,staying outside india?

sb

how do nri's vote,staying outside india?

sb
eppadiyum nri's oda address ellam correctaa irukuma nu theiryadhu... so, nerle pona prayojanam irukkum nu solla mudiyadhu...

oorukku pogamaye vote podanumna... dummy poll thaan mudiyum...

innum wireless technology voting system nambo oorule varale... :becky:

re

eppadiyum nri's oda address ellam correctaa irukuma nu theiryadhu... so, nerle pona prayojanam irukkum nu solla mudiyadhu...

oorukku pogamaye vote podanumna... dummy poll thaan mudiyum...

innum wireless technology voting system nambo oorule varale... :becky:

illa,when you hold indias passport,then automatically a secure webserver must be provided for nri's globally,isn't it?after all voting is my right too!!i maybe just content with a pr status instead of citizenship status.all this the govt of india never thinks nor cares for nri's,despite the fact nri's send a ton of money for the govt kitty.

sb

illa,when you hold indias passport,then automatically a secure webserver must be provided for nri's globally,isn't it?after all voting is my right too!!i maybe just content with a pr status instead of citizenship status.all this the govt of india never thinks nor cares for nri's,despite the fact nri's send a ton of money for the govt kitty.

sb
Voting is everybody's right, but one has to go to vote... preferential treatment epdi kudukka mudiyum...? "Reservation" logic madhiri thaan idhuvum... nyaayam na ellorukkum onnu thaan...

enna naan sholradhu..?

re

Voting is everybody's right, but one has to go to vote... preferential treatment epdi kudukka mudiyum...? "Reservation" logic madhiri thaan idhuvum... nyaayam na ellorukkum onnu thaan...

enna naan sholradhu..?

people residing must be asked to go personally and vote,so there is equality.or at least for nri's then mail-service votes shud be done,otherwise how we can assert our right,you tell me?i think govt of india never ever thinks of indian citizens living abroad,instead panders to people of indian origin,when they have forsaken their citizenship=slavish mentality of indian leaders of various parties,as usual i am getting disgusted as to how nri's are being treated by various political parties in india.

sb

Apologies, I thought you were merely jesting on the issue...

Hmm... webserver and that kinda technology could be risky and it would take years for us to develop that kinda of infrastructure... even if the infrastructure is available, political whims might impede their implementation...

what could be done is that on the particular day, the concerned state's nris' could vote at their nearest embassy... (of course, the embassy having got the list of nris through verification from voter list and by double checking with the passport system - it is a far cry)

alternative is that our indian embassy could with cooperation from the local govt. set up designated areas for polling...

but all in all, voting is something which is related to the sovereignity and welfare of our country and having it on foreign grounds would mean that it is compromised...

so, even arranging through a dedicated server cutting across national borders MAY BE A COMPROMISE...

please check with your embassy - i think there's a possibility for you to vote in your embassy

re

Apologies, I thought you were merely jesting on the issue...

Hmm... webserver and that kinda technology could be risky and it would take years for us to develop that kinda of infrastructure... even if the infrastructure is available, political whims might impede their implementation...

what could be done is that on the particular day, the concerned state's nris' could vote at their nearest embassy... (of course, the embassy having got the list of nris through verification from voter list and by double checking with the passport system - it is a far cry)

alternative is that our indian embassy could with cooperation from the local govt. set up designated areas for polling...

but all in all, voting is something which is related to the sovereignity and welfare of our country and having it on foreign grounds would mean that it is compromised...

so, even arranging through a dedicated server cutting across national borders MAY BE A COMPROMISE...

come on yaar.today we transfer millions of funds thru internet with secure webserver with latest encryption technology.my question is,india is leading IT service provider,then,why don't we take the lead in such path breaking technology.why,we shud always follow others,why not become leaders as how our rishis,sages,swamis were?

sb

NRI's cant vote

There is no provision for NRI's to vote. Dont waste your time checking with the embassy.

BJP was once toying with the idea of letting NRI's vote. But its a very complex process to sort and send the ballots to each of the constituencies the NRI's belong to.

I dont think that will ever happen.

But please urge your relatives in India to vote for the party of your choice.

And tamil brahmins, please vote for La.Ganesan in South Madras.

As a NRI the maximum thing that you can do is convince your friends and relatives in India (Not only TN) to vote for BJP.

This byitself can bring in a huge number of votes for BJP.

i see notes here exhorting people to support bjp.

it might behoove well for all of us to remember that bjp is just another political party and has its own agenda.

for those of us worried about reservation in educational and jobs, the bjp is pro reservation.

understandably, the bjp appeals to the 'hindu' in us. but this is an area that we need to monitor ourselves - that india belongs to all communities, religions, castes and creeds.

people like rajaji and radhakrishnan, were devout hindus, but had enough respect for other faiths and non faiths, such that they were respected throughout, and were not seen as a source threatening the existence of other groups. not sure if bjp is perceived in the same way.

the bjp in tamil nadu, i think, is perceived as a brahmin outfit. i think it is marginalized to such an extent, that none of the other parties want to have any truck with it. this alone, should prompt some re-evaluation on those tending towards bjp, as to whether it has any chance for winning any seat. i think the general consensus is that it won't.

the bjp's last adminstration under vajapayee, i think, could have done better. it is my view, that the upa, inspite of its many flaws, has been a government of action as compared to the erstwhile vajapayee government, whose members, were often dithering to making decisions.

finally, vajapayee commanded and still commands respect. advani is polarizing, and i am not so sure, whether it is good for india as a united country, to tend towards further polarization.

given the realities of indian electoral process, it is futile to exhort one to vote for the best candidate. apparently the clarion call appears to be, 'vote for your caste candidate'. personally i think this type of appeal is for the bottom feeders and a sad reflection, especially coming from an exhalted forum as this.

i have lived outside of india for over 35 years. i watch the elections from the point of view of a well wisher of the country, i hope. by not investing in any vested interests.

thank you.

Last edited:
re

it might behoove well for all of us to remember that bjp is just another political party and has its own agenda.

for those of us worried about reservation in educational and jobs, the bjp is pro reservation.

understandably, the bjp appeals to the 'hindu' in us. but this is an area that we need to monitor ourselves - that india belongs to all communities, religions, castes and creeds.

people like rajaji and radhakrishnan, were devout hindus, but had enough respect for other faiths and non faiths, such that they were respected throughout, and were not seen as a source threatening the existence of other groups. not sure if bjp is perceived in the same way.

the bjp in tamil nadu, i think, is perceived as a brahmin outfit. i think it is marginalized to such an extent, that none of the other parties want to have any truck with it. this alone, should prompt some re-evaluation on those tending towards bjp, as to whether it has any chance for winning any seat. i think the general consensus is that it won't.

the bjp's last adminstration under vajapayee, i think, could have done better. it is my view, that the upa, inspite of its many flaws, has been a government of action as compared to the erstwhile vajapayee government, whose members, were often dithering to making decisions.

finally, vajapayee commanded and still commands respect. advani is polarizing, and i am not so sure, whether it is good for india as a united country, to tend towards further polarization.

given the realities of indian electoral process, it is futile to exhort one to vote for the best candidate. apparently the clarion call appears to be, 'vote for your caste candidate'. personally i think this type of appeal is for the bottom feeders and a sad reflection, especially coming from an exhalted forum as this.

i have lived outside of india for over 35 years. i watch the elections from the point of view of a well wisher of the country, i hope. by not investing in any vested interests.

thank you.

we appreciate your views as indian-canadian;hopefully we will strive to post comments about canadian politcal parties and its varied leaders.thnk you.

sb

we appreciate your views as indian-canadian;hopefully we will strive to post comments about canadian politcal parties and its varied leaders.thnk you.

sb

thank you s007 for your kind offer. the fact is that canada lies among the backwaters of international interests - whether it be politics, economics or sports. even the canadians do not get excited about the politics here. so kudos to your efforts to drum up interest here. thanks again.

however, what i would like is to post some pointers here for your benefit.

if you notice, my posting was factual and stuck to factoids about the bjp. i did not get personal about those who were advocating for bjp, for i respect them. it is their views that i challenged.

had you commented on those points that i brought, i would have appreciated your reply more.

i was presenting a viewpoint and the right tone of reply, in order to maintain forum decorum is to reply in kind. not resort to sarcasm or veer away from the topic in question. that is the proper etiquette that needs to be practised here.

and again, i think you misunderstood, another point of courtesy i made. i mentioned by 35 years in canada, in the context of decency and civility, which appears to have escaped your notice.

or after all, you and i are residing in the comforts of developed democracies and enjoying the fruits of its conveniences and amenities. we have deliberately chosen to avoid the lot of the indian electorate, re the quotas, the corruption and above all ineffective governments.

you and i do not have to worry about school admissions, power cuts, pollution, water scarcity, power cuts and those other incessant inconveniences of day to day indian living.

so, to me, i needed to qualify my statement, so as not to appear all-knowing or arrogance or appear to speaking from a pedestal.

this, i think, is the right thing to do. we, who live abroad for comfort reasons, need to show some humility and self constraint, particularly when opining on something so personally-indian as indian politics.

it doesn't matter what passport you hold. you are outside of india, and i think, that fact alone, takes away, some of those propreitory grudges, which living in india alone, can be owned. certain privileges are 'owned' only by those who breathe in india.

i would like to invoke once, again, what was mentioned by silver fox, in another thread today - that you might want to brush up web etiquette, especially in a community oriented forum as this.

this forum, in comparison to other forums, within our community framework, has been compared to a temple, as opposed to the other hypermarts.

i concur. for whatever may be my views, i have always tempered it, to put it in the context of this forum, as this is
the correct thing to do. this is broadly practised here, and it is what makes this forum unique.

i think, you might want to take some leaves out of postings of folks like nacchinarkiniyan, silverfox, foxfire or hariharan1972, as examples of what this forum matter should be like and how it should be presented.

i can understand that one can get passionate about religion and politics. but it would be best to remember, where to draw the line. this lapse of memory on the part of some folks here, has resulted in their expulsion from this forum.

and finally, i have this observation. something to do with quality vs quantity. as you are probably aware, we do not pay for the benefit of participation here - web services and disk space costs money and time.
i think, postings should be sparing and elegant.

there may have been instances here where attempts to restrict the number of postings by a person, in any one 24 hours. this may be more driven by an effort to reduce some unwanted decibels.

after all, should any one attempt to prove the old adage, that it is the empty vessel that makes the most noise. that too here.

let us all, before hitting the submit button, pause for a moment, and evaluate the relevance of our posting to the topic, and also limit its numbers, before it becomes another adminstrator's chore to censor us.

quality, i say, before quantity. any day. other attempts at cyber communication can be resorted to the use of gmail or hotmail.

thank you.

Nice

kunju..

ellamay eduthukkira widathil irukkiradhu illiya?

so,i am sort of wondering what prompts you to write a lenghty post,when all i said was,we will strive to comment about canadians and its political leaders too,as you are taking so much effort with love & affection for indians and its political leaders of various parties.

frankly,kunju..all i can surmise is,some kinda complex is working,dunno what it is.its great to see, you have bonded with many of us here and i am being asked to improve my style of writing and presentation,which i have taken in the right spirit only.so,i am totally lost with your recent post,cannot make head or tail...

recent deadly encounters has dampened my spirits,to say the least.

sb

sorry s007.

i took your post in a vibareedham way. i read too much into it.

sorry for any hurt. please accept my apologies.

re

sorry s007.

i took your post in a vibareedham way. i read too much into it.

sorry for any hurt. please accept my apologies.

as ronnie would say,one needs to be a good communicator,;maybe i have erred to listen to one of my favourite presidents of usa.

let it go kunju...i am a nice guy.

sb

where are genuine Brahmin candidates. Al are politically afflicted persons.Exercise your right under 49 (o) saying not voting for any one

as ronnie would say,one needs to be a good communicator,;maybe i have erred to listen to one of my favourite presidents of usa.

let it go kunju...i am a nice guy.

sb

s007,

for me this is a rueful memory of a distant deja vu, in another world long long ago.

memories of that may resonate with someone elsein this forum who perhaps, will be having the last laugh ....

enough said .. a ton of water passed under the bridge already.

Last edited:

thank you.

Dear Sir,
Your perception about our support to BJP on Hindutva is quite right.But your quoting Rajaji and Radhakrishnan as Devout Hindus may not really cut ice now that we see how Rajaji had spoilt TN beyond redemption by carrying out his personal agenda of throwing out Kamaraj and Congress out of power. The pity is the so called farsightedness of Rajaji could not even foresee the sort of betrayal practised by DMK within two years and CR had to change his stance within a short span.About Radhakrishnan,to say the least he was a snake in the grass with philandering ways which put everybody to shame.I know it may be a personal thing,but to talk of lofty philosphies and sages,we need character of a different nature.His son S.Gopal also testified to the same which Bhagawan describes as Mithyachar in Bhagavat Gita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back