• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Please vote for brahmin candidates especially in South Madras

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

jj is fine on her own.

but she is influenced by her coterie and anbu sahodari's gang.

i think my mum is the only one who still votes for her...trust old timers to live in beauty and glamour and glitz of the old times rather than open their eyes to what is actually happening in current times...

if she is still influenced by her anbu sahodari's gang,how do you conclude that she is fine?on her own!

your mom,is wise unlike you khe khe...:hug:.

sb:tea:

if she is still influenced by her anbu sahodari's gang,how do you conclude that she is fine?on her own!

your mom,is wise unlike you khe khe....

i dunno if anyone in politics is fine or not.

i think my mum never really outgrew being glamour stuck since her younger days.

moreover my mum is a feminist - the kind that thinks women must support women.

she makes her point with a story of vastraharanam and great appreciation for a lady that maintained personal dignity thru all that. she also tends to write off all mistakes on the coterie rather than on the lady herself.

i do not think my mum knows abcd of how of a government runs or anything abt politics at all...ignorance is bliss.

Dear sapr333,

My response is in 'red' below.

[/U]

I still fully agree with you, provided if you think in line with me in analysing about the pros&cons of Democracy,as advocated by Plato 2300 years ago, and copied later by Brits, 2000 years later..
We are talking about not what Plato advocated.....he advocated a fully 'educated' electorate. What we have in India is which is a representative 'democracy', where neither the majority of the electorate nor the representatives are 'educated' on all the issues.

Pls hv a re-look in to the underdlined quote.
Inspite of she(J.J) being a Brahmin, she was forced to humiliate Acharyal..Guess why..Inspite of the mass electorate being hindus, why many hindus burst crackers on that day of his arrest?...Why T.N.Seshan quickly made an escapde?... Thats the beauty of democracy..It may hurt some, and give joy to other, but then, the opinion of mass survives. Hope you know why J.J lost the subsequent election...Some may call it as the curse of Kanchi Acharyal, and some may call it as a prize she paid for her Emelda Marcos life.. But fact remains.. Democracy had barred her..
Sir, again, her action which was charecterized by the Supreme Court as having no prima facie evidence to hold the Acharyals is not about democracy. Democracy is not about just acting on the pressure from some vested groups on one issue or the other. It is about the people with proper education on the issues weighing the pros and cons and then voting for what is best for their country. What you have in India is the representation by narrow self interests of various voting blocks, without any thought about proper impact of their decisions on the whole populace. This is called rule by blocks of mobs.

Democracy did not 'bar' her. Her opponent's turn for power (with better briyani and coalition) as it has been happening in TN politics was the reason. I would not attribute her defeat to be connected in any way to the Acharyals issue (except may be some divine ones which I can not fathom).

My jist is.. Democracy answers your feelings, if you are true to it.. Thats why I asked, how a Sikh could be a PM, a Catholic as UPA head and all put under an Moslem President, and their fate is all decided by 90% Hindu M.P's..Thats the beauty of democracy..
Your implied assumptions are not valid:
1. A Sikh who could not win an election became a PM because the ruling power decided so.
2. A catholic foreigner became the head of UPA because of Dynasty politics - nothing to do with true democracy.
3. Selecting a muslim president has precedence. A position with no real power is a symbolic one. Nothing to do with electing that person by the electorate.
As we know in the parliamentary system of India, MPs vote as a block with their parties. Again, nothing to do with democracy - rather something to do with the power politics.

Back to the point, even if you polarise your feelings, the end results of democracy, is something what we call in school days math-statistics, ie, 'Weighted Average". So in my view,casting our votes based on blind polarisation doesnt make any sense.
I agree with you. Again here you seem to say what a real democracy should be rather than what is practiced in India today, which is precisely 'casting votes based on blind polarization (or group interest)'.

Regards,
KRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back