• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Please vote for brahmin candidates especially in South Madras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejecting or not using our right to vote is also an indirect way of supporting Anti Brahmins like DMK. The whole Brahmin Community is very eagerly waiting to see the broken pieces of DMK from Indian Politics.DKs agitation against Brahmins came to a saturation after the growing of BJP in Tamil Nadu.BJP may not deepen its roots in TN but it is steadily Growing that is a Proven Fact.Like DK the DMK also must broke into 100s of pieces finally it will be swept by the entire people of TN.So please dont propagate," not to vote" but propagate to vote "BJP" which is the only party that supports Hindus Holy Rituals and agitate openly against those who are anti brahmins. During the period of Rajaji Muthuramalinga Thevar delibarately supported brahmins by the time when EVR shouted against brahmins.So my dear brothers and sisters Please Vote BJP.(I am the Dist.Ex Comitee Member of BJP-Madurai)

suvarcha,

i realize the trouble with short replies. these, especially mine, tends to get understood, in way other than what i meant.

my focus on both rajaji & dr. s.k. was more from their religiosity, as perceived by other indian communities, as well as by hindus. it was presented as a devout and non-threatening kind.

these are but two examples. almost all the public figures of those generations, barring a periyar and his few disciples, were religious. for that matter, so too, today is a fair percent of them, including lallu prasad, who is a hanuman devottee, and seldom seen without the red mark on his forehead.

what troubles me about hindutva, is their methods, tends develop fear and insecurity in the hearts of not only other communities, but even people of hindu faith. long ago, some one said, that the worst thing for your cause, is to have followers for the wrong reason.

i earnestly believe, that the presence of hindutva type philosophies is not good for hinduism, both in the short and long run. these extremes, like other extremes, have only brought death and destructions, to those societies where they have had the upper hand.

these are our equivalents of taliban and al-qaeda combined, i think. at the extremes, there is not much difference between these types of folks. the presence of these as an integral part of bjp should be a concern to those folks in that party who are decent and believe in the indian democratic form of government.

bjp has had its greatest leaders in the past - mukherjee, upadhayay and vajapayee, who had strength of character and essentially believed in the inclusiveness of india of various tribes and religions. i am not so sure about advani's bjp today, and its new offshoots in the form of arun gandhi and such like.

as tamil brahmins, our focus has always been on the positive role of religion in life. not the associated militancy or the exhortion to violence. though i do not prescribe to our social attitudes of the past, i am very much in reverence of our erstwhile philosophical outlook of life. this is to be cherished, and by casting our lot with current day bjp, we are selecting a political party for all the wrong reasons.

in the same breath, i do wish to say, i think, the other parties are no better.

this is my problem - while i believe that there is no better form of government other than democracy as good for india, i would be hard pressed to cast my vote for any of those representative candidates of those democratic principles.

the good thing, is that the vast majority of indian electorate does not have such misgivings. in gusto, they vote, seating their current favourite, and unseating their erstwhile objects of esteem. it is a constant release valve to a continual pressure cooker.

let the electoral process rumble on.

Rejecting or not using our right to vote is also an indirect way of supporting Anti Brahmins like DMK. The whole Brahmin Community is very eagerly waiting to see the broken pieces of DMK from Indian Politics.DKs agitation against Brahmins came to a saturation after the growing of BJP in Tamil Nadu.BJP may not deepen its roots in TN but it is steadily Growing that is a Proven Fact.Like DK the DMK also must broke into 100s of pieces finally it will be swept by the entire people of TN.So please dont propagate," not to vote" but propagate to vote "BJP" which is the only party that supports Hindus Holy Rituals and agitate openly against those who are anti brahmins. During the period of Rajaji Muthuramalinga Thevar delibarately supported brahmins by the time when EVR shouted against brahmins.So my dear brothers and sisters Please Vote BJP.(I am the Dist.Ex Comitee Member of BJP-Madurai)

sankara,

as a rule, barring a mild endorsement, it is not healthy to turn this forum into a partisan medium.

it is very doubtful if bjp can address the key issues that are so dear to the tamil brahmins - ie freely available opportunities for higher education.

i have posted twice in this forum, giving my perception of bjp. may i request you, to address those observations, from your (bjp) viewpoint?

it is not right, to exhort one, especially from this forum, to a radical tinged cause, based on emotionalism and appeal to fear and negativity. it is not good for our psyche, i believe.

hopefully, you will be able to give a credible 'bjp' reply to my concerns and observations, in two previous posts here. hope you don't mind.
thank you.

re

kunju..
s007,

for me this is a rueful memory of a distant deja vu, in another world long long ago.

memories of that may resonate with someone elsein this forum who perhaps, will be having the last laugh ....

enough said .. a ton of water passed under the bridge already.

memories don't die like people do.by holding on to such negative memories you innocently pass it on to another innocent person,unknowingly.karma works in similiar fashion too.

unfortunately kaveri water is still not passing under our bridge.

sb:pray2:

good point 007.

by the way, i can answer why kaveri water is not passing under your bridge, both literally, and figuratively.

your bridge is in usa.

kaveri, as i last remember, still flows through tamilnadu.

no?

kunju..

memories don't die like people do.by holding on to such negative memories you innocently pass it on to another innocent person,unknowingly.karma works in similiar fashion too.

unfortunately kaveri water is still not passing under our bridge.

Last edited:

And i have been asking my folk to give up supporting / working at grassroots levels for bjp...the reason is this:

There is an area in Bangalore where my relatives stay which is represented by a BJP MLA...he did help lay / repair roads and renovate a temple...but its an open secret that he ate up the biggest chunk of money that got released for the repairs..

Not only that, someone asked all residents to pool money together and give to one 'department official', if they wanted road repairs at the earliest. The residents had formed a house-owners' association. They spoke to one another and decided to give the department official only half of what was asked.

While negotiating the deal with that department official, the house owners kept dropping the lokayukta word...finally they did not give any money. The roads did get repaired, but only now, before elections and that too not the lanes, just the main road.

Sorry sir...i do not think anyone will vote merely for caste anymore...the house owners' association learnt their lesson...but still there are ppl (incl my uncle) who feel proud that their caste man is the mla...the brahmins in that area are happy the MLA helped repair the nearby temple..however, we have lost the larger picture...i am now waiting to have a look at that MLA's affidavit for wealth declaration..everyone knows he has grown very rich in recent times..

we indians have learnt to settle for the rawest deal, havent' we...i suppose we are designed to be emotional fools..

re

And i have been asking my folk to give up supporting / working at grassroots levels for bjp...the reason is this:

There is an area in Bangalore where my relatives stay which is represented by a BJP MLA...he did help lay / repair roads and renovate a temple...but its an open secret that he ate up the biggest chunk of money that got released for the repairs..

Not only that, someone asked all residents to pool money together and give to one 'department official', if they wanted road repairs at the earliest. The residents had formed a house-owners' association. They spoke to one another and decided to give the department official only half of what was asked.

While negotiating the deal with that department official, the house owners kept dropping the lokayukta word...finally they did not give any money. The roads did get repaired, but only now, before elections and that too not the lanes, just the main road.

Sorry sir...i do not think anyone will vote merely for caste anymore...the house owners' association learnt their lesson...but still there are ppl (incl my uncle) who feel proud that their caste man is the mla...the brahmins in that area are happy the MLA helped repair the nearby temple..however, we have lost the larger picture...i am now waiting to have a look at that MLA's affidavit for wealth declaration..everyone knows he has grown very rich in recent times..

we indians have learnt to settle for the rawest deal, havent' we...i suppose we are designed to be emotional fools..

now who is supporting kazhagams,rofl....ha ha ha ha :laugh:

now who is supporting kazhagams,rofl....ha ha ha ha :laugh:

did i say anywhere there that i support the kazhagams...

there is no doubt those exploiters are cruelest of politicians..

and i think you are cruel too...because of the kind of similar rowdy language you use.

re

did i say anywhere there that i support the kazhagams...

no you did not,nor have you refuted now?there is still ambiguity,isnt it?

there is no doubt those exploiters are cruelest of politicians..

and i think you are cruel too...because of the kind of similar rowdy language you use.

the language i use here is english.so english is a rowdy language hmmm???

neenga yezhudar ellam ennakku sirippu thaan varday thavira,aankaram illai.idhai neenga purindu kolla vendum.arthamayinda bangaru thalli.

re

kunju

good point 007.

by the way, i can answer why kaveri water is not passing under your bridge, both literally, and figuratively.

why?

your bridge is in usa.

americans have not accepted me as one of them as yet,despite living with them for the last ten years.at least the law makers of the land have not,the common citizenry are cool or acting as cool.definitely on paper at least,my bridge is still not in usa.

kaveri, as i last remember, still flows through tamilnadu.

no?

origin of kaveri is elsewhere and it passes thru many states in india.brush up your knowledge as you have lived long enuff in canada,maybe you ought to confine to bridges in canada.:pray2:

sb:yo:

Dear Kunjuppu ji.

Respected Sir,I too agree what you say and I assure you sir that I will not pollute this Forum.I posted nearly 5 postings in this forum and I have not polluted so far.My father (Late )Sri.T.K.Swaminatha Iyer was the District Treasurer of ******* for three consequtive times in Tirunelveli Dist during MGR s rule.From those college days of mine I know the Diginity of our community and I will preserve it at all times and wont deviate from that at any cost.
I once again assure you of my continued co-operation to all members of this forum at all times. I am thankful to the Moderator, active members, administrators and every one to vote BJP for peace and Prosperity to prevail in our country .Like the same way Hinduism became a mockery for all politicians in India Now.Our Culture,Tradision,Heritage all to be protected from this Mockery that also is the need of the hour now. T.S.Sankara Narayanan. MADURAI.
thank you.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/member.php?u=5688Dear Sri TS Sankara Narayanan,

Since you are into politics, i have a few small requests for you sir:

a) Transparency: Please ensure transparency of candidates. Kindly root out corruption, bribery, and the culture of recommendation and charging commision for tenders.

b) Commitment: Please ensure that a candidate is genuinely involved in developmental programmes, genuinely bothered abt solving probs with infrastructure, employment and living conditions.

c) Secularity: Please do protect hindus and help brahmin brethern, but please also ensure that everyone lives in peace with one another.

Thank you.

In democracy,every one has the right to ask some one to vote for a particular person/community/religion/sect. But Indian democracy is so advanced and the best in the world,that, it's mandate never relied on any polarisation (in the long run).

Look how our democracy works...If one wishes to succeed by polarising hindu votes,BJP only would have been ruling India 'Non-Stop, with 85% vote share. But democracy answered the otherway. Even when in power, BJP couldnt not even fullfill the electoral promises which gave it to hindus, cos the democratic/Parliamentary/Judicial/Presidential system in India is so interlinked,that, it ensures that the mass opinion gets implemented.Could BJP be able to build Ram Mandir or atleast remove reservations, inspite of Vajpayee being a Brahmin? . Let's not call Vajpayee a selfish politician.Under the democratic set up, he also has his own limitations.

Muslim League/Akali-dal/Dalit Panthers/Shiv Sena/Dravidian parties too polarised on their vote banks, but end results? . Take for eg, Dravidian Parties,which was set on Anti_Brahminism.. but spirits of democracy has answered it the other way,by electing a Brahmin J.J as C.M.. Once again,the magic power of Democracy worked..Dont be surprised!!! Its the same J.J arrested who Kanchi Swamigal. (Or) look how Mayawathi is working along with Brahmins, inspite of she setting her motto as voice of Dalits..

In nutshell, polarisation of votes have not helped anyone(esp the one's with lower vote share), and they could achieve nothing in the past..At the end, the overall opinion of the people only gets accounted in the democratic set up.

How could a sikh become a prime minister?..Btw, Does Sonia have the power to sent Dhara Sing to gallows?..A big No...Interestingly, the same sikh Prime Minister, couldnot even win his own Sikh belt constituency.

I read it somewhere recently ... How can it be possible to have 5 Christian chief ministers during BJP regime? How could an Italian born Catholic lady be heading a ruling party, in a country of 85% Hindus. How could BJP rule the Christian majority state Goa?.Interestingly,I have not heard of any major Christian parties,or Christian/Jain vote polarisation,but they enjoyed a better representation in democracy than their miniscule vote share.. A point to ponder..

These were all the magic powers of Democracy... Vote polarising has definitely paid some results in the short term, but not on the long run.

Here, I see many of them asking Brahmins to vote for BJP and expressing their anguish and anager.. Yes, you have the liberty and freedom to express!!. But remeber, by doing so, you make no difference between a Dalit Panther or Vanniar(PMK).

As said earlier, Indian Democracy is very much alive and living in true spirits. The whole world gets amazed by our functioning of democracy. In this light,I request all voters to, think Judiciously, evaluate both the candidate/Party, their manifestos, past track record and find out what best they can do for the country/for the community/or even for an individual...and cast(not caste) your votes accordingly.

Let me conclude this blog with a lighter sarcasm,clipped from outlook mag.A fellow Brahmin once lamented to the late V.N. Gadgil that the community’s hold over political power was declining. Gadgil—an lse-educated barrister who was a three-time MP, Union minister and Congress spokesperson—just smiled. "In Maharashtra," he told his interlocutor, "we solved that problem three centuries ago; (Pls read Marata Shivaji history)."

Last edited:
Dear sapr333 Ji,

If you call a political system mainly structured around religious vote banks, caste vote banks, sect vote banks, dynasty vote banks, supposedly worker caring 'ideological' vote banks then India is indeed a democracy.

In normal two party system oriented countries, there is enough movement of independents across the parties to vote, allowing for certain big problems to get addressed.

There is so much diversity in India, it is scary to see how the democracy is cobbled together without any real vision and way to move the country forward.

Regards,
KRS

Dear sapr333 Ji,

If you call a political system mainly structured around religious vote banks, caste vote banks, sect vote banks, dynasty vote banks, supposedly worker caring 'ideological' vote banks then India is indeed a democracy.

KRS

I agree with you. That polarisation has helped some of the lesser represented communities, to air their concerns, which was indeed a positive note of democracy.

But my point out there was, these Vote Banks have never helped people in the long run. For eg, Parsis'''.. If they decided to caste their vote based on their lineage,keeeping in mind their low numbers, no party would field them... And if they field independent candidate, they will loose deposits in all the constituencies..In this context, how their voices are represented!!

My central theme is.... Though Polarization/number count matters in deciding a mandate, the overall democratic set up fairly well answers to all the people's feelings..

Dear sapr333 Ji,

I respectfully disagree. Any small number minority like the Parsis and the TBs for that matter can only influence based on their self interest only if they are represented in adequate numbers in a party that has the critical mass. This is true anywhere in the world. As you yourself said a brahmin JJ has been democratically elected the leader and on the same breath you have said she has arrested the Acharyal. This does not represent 'democracy'. While being a 'pappathi' might have helped her somewhat in the administration of her party, I do not think that it helped her get elected. Closeness to MGR and being a somewhat popular actress helped. Her arresting the Acharyal was based on political exigency and one would thing is against her self interest as a brahmin.

The problem with having different votebanks representing different groups' interests is that the overall interests of the country and states get ignored. There is no adequate thought/representation to mold a united country with proper policies. In this respect I do not think that Indian democracy has been a success.

Regards,
KRS

I agree with you. That polarisation has helped some of the lesser represented communities, to air their concerns, which was indeed a positive note of democracy.

But my point out there was, these Vote Banks have never helped people in the long run. For eg, Parsis'''.. If they decided to caste their vote based on their lineage,keeeping in mind their low numbers, no party would field them... And if they field independent candidate, they will loose deposits in all the constituencies..In this context, how their voices are represented!!

My central theme is.... Though Polarization/number count matters in deciding a mandate, the overall democratic set up fairly well answers to all the people's feelings..

Transparency,Commitment,Secularity: Definitely these (3) are a mockery for Cong Party. Everyone knows that Cong has paved the way for bribe from the begining.The other Political parties made it a regular procedure. Especially DMK cultivated people to follow bribing in all departments.Bribing or any other Major Scam by ministers ,The Commision nominated to enquire such Scam became useless.For ex Sarkaria Commission nominated by Indra Gandi during 1975 against DMK Govt especially Karunanithi was thrown to Grave by Indra itself during 1980 when she needs the alliance of DMK.The recent Scam against Laloo on Cattle Feed also imposed by Cong and the very same Cong led UPA includes Laloo by giving Cabinet Minister post.It became a regular habit of Cong to impose Charges on politician when he opposes Cong and never care about the charges when they need their support,.They Collect and Eat their own vomittings.To impliment transparancy in Govt department cannot be implimented in one day but at the same time the initiative steps may be viewable to public., as and when BJP assends office under the leadership of Advani ji.Secondly reg. commitment is an assurance given to the Honble Voters by Advani ji itself.I received a personal mail from Advani jis office to me and I am ready to forward it to Tamil Brahmins (but I dont know the exact email to which I must forward) thro which every one may get the confirmation of assured Fine Govt dedicated to the People of India.The Third Secularity is a mockery followed by all politicians except BJP.Karunanithi uses to drink "Nonbu Kanji" among Muslims ,go to church and attend prayers and Mock at Hindus.Where is secularism?.The Communists of Kerala is holding hands with Abdul Nasar Madhani and says that BJP is not a secular Party. According to them "Mocking Hindus" or Mocking Brahmins is the real Secularism.So please vote BJP which assures a real Revolution.Real evolution will be achieved only by BJP.Please make a resolution to vote only BJP .Elemination of all bogus secular parties must be our only determination.(Please mail me the email of Tamil Brahmins so that I will forward the email sent to me fron Advani jis office for publicly viewable to all)

re

Transparency,Commitment,Secularity: Definitely these (3) are a mockery for Cong Party. Everyone knows that Cong has paved the way for bribe from the begining.The other Political parties made it a regular procedure. Especially DMK cultivated people to follow bribing in all departments.Bribing or any other Major Scam by ministers ,The Commision nominated to enquire such Scam became useless.For ex Sarkaria Commission nominated by Indra Gandi during 1975 against DMK Govt especially Karunanithi was thrown to Grave by Indra itself during 1980 when she needs the alliance of DMK.The recent Scam against Laloo on Cattle Feed also imposed by Cong and the very same Cong led UPA includes Laloo by giving Cabinet Minister post.It became a regular habit of Cong to impose Charges on politician when he opposes Cong and never care about the charges when they need their support,.They Collect and Eat their own vomittings.To impliment transparancy in Govt department cannot be implimented in one day but at the same time the initiative steps may be viewable to public., as and when BJP assends office under the leadership of Advani ji.Secondly reg. commitment is an assurance given to the Honble Voters by Advani ji itself.I received a personal mail from Advani jis office to me and I am ready to forward it to Tamil Brahmins (but I dont know the exact email to which I must forward) thro which every one may get the confirmation of assured Fine Govt dedicated to the People of India.The Third Secularity is a mockery followed by all politicians except BJP.Karunanithi uses to drink "Nonbu Kanji" among Muslims ,go to church and attend prayers and Mock at Hindus.Where is secularism?.The Communists of Kerala is holding hands with Abdul Nasar Madhani and says that BJP is not a secular Party. According to them "Mocking Hindus" or Mocking Brahmins is the real Secularism.So please vote BJP which assures a real Revolution.Real evolution will be achieved only by BJP.Please make a resolution to vote only BJP .Elemination of all bogus secular parties must be our only determination.(Please mail me the email of Tamil Brahmins so that I will forward the email sent to me fron Advani jis office for publicly viewable to all)

tssn

all you have to do is, copy your email from advani ji, and paste here in the forum,voila.

bjp must come to power in tn and in other states of india.its about time too.not that any special preference is going to be given to brahmins.the brahmins lot has been put on a slow burner.memories dont die like people do.brahmins must change this memories of perceived persecution a baseless charge led by kazhagams.jj is a pawn.the guru must step in and absolve her immdly.she is innocent.

sb:hug:

To Sri T.S.Sankara Narayanan

Thank you for the reply sir.

Is it possible for you to ensure that a candidate is transparent, committed to development and secular ? If yes, please let us know the name and details of that candidate. We will vote, no matter which party the candidate belongs to.

I am amazed at the ability of a young man named E Sarath Babu to turn a small biz around the way he did. Surely he can apply his skills to turn a small government department around. And such ppl can combine to turn a ministry around, then the country.

The country needs more people with skills and abilities, rather than passion for religion and creed and things that take people nowhere. Therefore, i prefer ppl from the academic / corporate world and i hope someday ppl with abilities like Amartya Sen, Chanda Kocchar, Narayanan Vaghul, will join politics and do something for the country...

jj is a pawn.the guru must step in and absolve her immdly.she is innocent.

jj is fine on her own.

but she is influenced by her coterie and anbu sahodari's gang.

i think my mum is the only one who still votes for her...trust old timers to live in beauty and glamour and glitz of the old times rather than open their eyes to what is actually happening in current times...

Dear sapr333 Ji,
Any small number minority like the Parsis and the TBs for that matter can only influence based on their self interest only if they are represented in adequate numbers in a party that has the critical mass. This is true anywhere in the world. As you yourself said a brahmin JJ has been democratically elected the leader and on the same breath you have said she has arrested the Acharyal. This does not represent 'democracy'. While being a 'pappathi' might have helped her somewhat in the administration of her party, I do not think that it helped her get elected. Closeness to MGR and being a somewhat popular actress helped. Her arresting the Acharyal was based on political exigency and one would thing is against her self interest as a brahmin.
KRS

I still fully agree with you, provided if you think in line with me in analysing about the pros&cons of Democracy,as advocated by Plato 2300 years ago, and copied later by Brits, 2000 years later..

Pls hv a re-look in to the underdlined quote.
Inspite of she(J.J) being a Brahmin, she was forced to humiliate Acharyal..Guess why..Inspite of the mass electorate being hindus, why many hindus burst crackers on that day of his arrest?...Why T.N.Seshan quickly made an escapde?... Thats the beauty of democracy..It may hurt some, and give joy to other, but then, the opinion of mass survives. Hope you know why J.J lost the subsequent election...Some may call it as the curse of Kanchi Acharyal, and some may call it as a prize she paid for her Emelda Marcos life.. But fact remains.. Democracy had barred her..

My jist is.. Democracy answers your feelings, if you are true to it.. Thats why I asked, how a Sikh could be a PM, a Catholic as UPA head and all put under an Moslem President, and their fate is all decided by 90% Hindu M.P's..Thats the beauty of democracy..

Back to the point, even if you polarise your feelings, the end results of democracy, is something what we call in school days math-statistics, ie, 'Weighted Average". So in my view,casting our votes based on blind polarisation doesnt make any sense.

jj is fine on her own.

but she is influenced by her coterie and anbu sahodari's gang.

i think my mum is the only one who still votes for her...trust old timers to live in beauty and glamour and glitz of the old times rather than open their eyes to what is actually happening in current times...

She is indeed audacious!!!!

I liked that quality in her.. I remember,when I was on a college tour to Madras....And our school bus en route to Marina beach being blocked,cos C.M JJ was fasting-to-death for Cauvery issue.... I happended to see her, waiting in line for 6 hrs,while sacrificing all other excursion spots..She is bold..strong in her facial expression in the fasting bed..

Having said that, when she was fighting against Janaki, I thought she was just another bitch or concubine of MGR.. But soon after she became C.M, I know, she is the best bold and strong C.M, Tamilnadu could ever have.. Wish the electorate choose her once again,even if Tambram vote goes against here.. I know , democracy will answer this.

To Sri T.S.Sankara Narayanan

I am amazed at the ability of a young man named E Sarath Babu to turn a small biz around the way he did. Surely he can apply his skills to turn a small government department around. And such ppl can combine to turn a ministry around, then the country.

With all due regards to APJ Kalam as a scientist, his flop show as President/Diplomat was self evident. Even if Lord Krishna got to contest parliamentary polls of Ayodya, I doubt if he would win. Politics in democracy, is damn complex..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back