• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pakshanam in Brahamin weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.
nowadays, i find, all my relatives' wedding patchanams are catered.

personally, i am glad that the days prior to the wedding, when we had to have about half a dozen ladies to the house, to swirl the murukkus and press the boondhis.

i have wondered why someone has not come up with presses for swirl murukkus?

grand sweets, i am thankful, exists. for all occassions. interesting to note, that the founder was not a brahmin. almost all of the staff are not brahmins.

it is heartening to note, that brahmins are significant patrons of grand sweets. i would go to no other place. neither krishna sweets nor ambika have the same taste or freshness.

thank you.

Especially Adyars residents are lucky.Grand Sweets,Sangita,Sharavanbhava...

nowadays, i find, all my relatives' wedding patchanams are catered.

personally, i am glad that the days prior to the wedding, when we had to have about half a dozen ladies to the house, to swirl the murukkus and press the boondhis.

i have wondered why someone has not come up with presses for swirl murukkus?

grand sweets, i am thankful, exists. for all occassions. interesting to note, that the founder was not a brahmin. almost all of the staff are not brahmins.

it is heartening to note, that brahmins are significant patrons of grand sweets. i would go to no other place. neither krishna sweets nor ambika have the same taste or freshness.

thank you.
hi kunjuppu sir
the my favorite spot for pakshanam adayar grand sweets...everything available including theratti paal/athirasam/
mullu murukku..really the mixture is very tasty..just infor..
they never use the used oil ,,,once used oil..they will give to the
employees...mainly brahmins are patronised...just kosuru info..
every day after noon ..they give pongal/puliyotharai free to customers....in donnai style...

regards
tbs

For a lady, her husband's brother's wife is ORPADI. Likewise, for a man, his wife's sister's husband is shadagar or co-brother. Otherwise this thread is for pakshanams in weddings and not for relationships???

Dear BVR

I know this relationship I want to know are there similar words for this relationship in other Indian languages or in English
Since I was not able to start a new thread I posted this in this existing thread :loco:

These words Orpadi and shadagar seems to be a Brahmin dialect . Other casts do not understand these words Jambu

There are other relationship Like Athimber ,Athan , Athanga Ammanji ammanga in excusive Brahmin use But we donot distinguish bet.Maternal and Paternal G Parents It is only Thath and Patti But few communities have Ammachi Appachi Appuchi etc Recently I was interdued to Lady as my Athan Manni in Trvandrum Meaning that is the wife of my Athan who is elder to me It sound nice and logical to me Jambu

in older days, one of my relative used to do 5 turn muruku to 9 turn murukku for marriages. i used to get from them on order basis. and nowdays, i cud not find many doing this. all used to order with the caterers, so that the day before marriage, all muruku, athirasam, parupputhengai koodu, laddu are given to the parents and stored in the room for distribution to the relatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back