• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Nice knowing you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members,

Greetings. The time has come to move on from this forum. When a member tells me to 'shut the fuck up' here and when the other members keep quiet about it, that shows the real respect I have earned from this forum; which may not be much to write home about.

If I could manage only so much popularity and respect in the forum after 1,000 plus messages posted in this forum, that only shows the inadequacy in my ability as a participating member.

I take this instance to thank Sri.Nara for showing me my worth in this forum. It is an eye opener for me. Thank you Sri.Nara!

I may not be a brahmin. (possibilities are, I am not one. There were only 7 brahmin families when I was a child; it would have been next to impossible for a brahmin child to be missed). But, I love the family I grew up with. I did not even have a doubt until I was over 40 years old. I take this instance to pay my respects to that brahmin family.

Fortunately for me, I and my loving wife need not explain our children about caste since we moved to Australia.

But, most brahmin parents are not that fortunate. Kindly explain your children that brahmin people were/are not narrow minded. Never let your children feel guilty for the 'alleged' misdeeds of brahmins in the past. Self criticism is good as long as it does not turn into blaming the self for the actions of someone else. Such blaming acts would weaken the youngster's and the community's psychological strength and resolve. there is no need for that. Ask the youngsters to move on in a guilt free frame of mind.

The future belongs to everyone including brahmins.

brahmins should not take responsibilty for the actions of Mutts or the Manu Dharma sashtras; for the simple reason, they can't change it even if they want to. My sincere request is, don't support anything that would discriminate others.

Brahmins in this generation are punished for the crimes they have not committed; identify the unfair dealings delivered to brahmin youth in the form of reservations. So, don't heasitate to move to greener pastures. There is no loyalty lost. The government today is formed by the corrupted political parties; it is okay to ignore such governments and the corrupted political parties.

Help the poor Indians whenever you can. that is the only way to show loyalty to India and the Indian society.

I thank every member who ever responded to my messages. I wish all the very best to this forum.

Bye Bye now.

Cheers!

Respectfully,

Raghy.

Respectable members,

Greetings. The time has come to move on from this forum. When a member tells me to 'shut the fuck up' here and when the other members keep quiet about it, that shows the real respect I have earned from this forum; which may not be much to write home about.

If I could manage only so much popularity and respect in the forum after 1,000 plus messages posted in this forum, that only shows the inadequacy in my ability as a participating member.

I take this instance to thank Sri.Nara for showing me my worth in this forum. It is an eye opener for me. Thank you Sri.Nara!

I may not be a brahmin. (possibilities are, I am not one. There were only 7 brahmin families when I was a child; it would have been next to impossible for a brahmin child to be missed). But, I love the family I grew up with. I did not even have a doubt until I was over 40 years old. I take this instance to pay my respects to that brahmin family.

Fortunately for me, I and my loving wife need not explain our children about caste since we moved to Australia.

But, most brahmin parents are not that fortunate. Kindly explain your children that brahmin people were/are not narrow minded. Never let your children feel guilty for the 'alleged' misdeeds of brahmins in the past. Self criticism is good as long as it does not turn into blaming the self for the actions of someone else. Such blaming acts would weaken the youngster's and the community's psychological strength and resolve. there is no need for that. Ask the youngsters to move on in a guilt free frame of mind.

The future belongs to everyone including brahmins.

brahmins should not take responsibilty for the actions of Mutts or the Manu Dharma sashtras; for the simple reason, they can't change it even if they want to. My sincere request is, don't support anything that would discriminate others.

Brahmins in this generation are punished for the crimes they have not committed; identify the unfair dealings delivered to brahmin youth in the form of reservations. So, don't heasitate to move to greener pastures. There is no loyalty lost. The government today is formed by the corrupted political parties; it is okay to ignore such governments and the corrupted political parties.

Help the poor Indians whenever you can. that is the only way to show loyalty to India and the Indian society.

I thank every member who ever responded to my messages. I wish all the very best to this forum.

Bye Bye now.

Cheers!

Respectfully,

Raghy.

Shri Raghy,

I am not very familiar with the modern slang and so may not be a good judge of how offensive the expression in question is. Hence I cannot say whether your decision (to quit) is justified or not.

But one thing I would definitely tell. That is, your association with the forum has always been refreshing and your posts very polite. How this statement of yours developed into such crisis proportions is difficult to understand. I think if you will magnanimously overlook the offending remark and continue, I will be happy.

I also request Shri Praveen to urgently look into this and take whatever action he might feel justified.

I did not read the offensive statement made before.
I am copy/pasting what i posted in that thread (to Nara)

<removed> I must stress the fact you have agreed to abide by the rules that have been set. It is sad that you have chosen to ignore the past incidents and most of all, the rules that have been put in place because of that. Hence your account is being temporarily banned for 7 days.

To Raghyji
On behalf of the other members and self, I am sorry that such a word has been used against you. I cannot and do not know what else to say. I only ask you to reconsider your decision and stay with us.

To everyone else,
I am, quite honestly, stuck at this now. Time and again something like this comes up and invariably its the same set of people. Last time something happened, a set of rules was put in place and i am sure everyone went through it and agreed to follow it (whether it was done for the sake of bypassing that page or sincerely agreed).

If something offensive is said it is best for the sake of all that the post is brought to my or to any of the other moderator's attention immediately rather than getting involved in a slugfest. That does not help in any way. To translate a tamil proverb roughly... we can take precautions and put preventive measures in places before a flood, but after it has breached the wall, nothing can be done...

Many times it has been said that self moderation is the best way to tackle situations like this. If you feel something is offensive (however bad it might be), dont participate, dont get involved in an argument. Ignore, Ignore and Ignore. For all that we know, it might just be a bait for something else.

Regards
Praveen

....I am not very familiar with the modern slang and so may not be a good judge of how offensive the expression in question is. Hence I cannot say whether your decision (to quit) is justified or not.

Sangom sir, Praveen and others,

Raghy very cleverly cited just one sentence, from a series of exchanges, as if I abused him just out of the blue. This is dishonest even if the member has made 10,000 posts.

Praveen, please note that I masked the expletive, but Raghy didn't. This is not the first time Raghy used the f-word without masking, see this post. Praveen, please clarify what the rules are, masked use of f-word is prohibited, but open use of the same word is permitted?

Now, as I have said previously, I try to stay out of personal attacks and useless comments as much as possible, but I am not always successful. This was an occasion when I was at my wits end from a repeat offender. Folks, read this post of mine decide for yourself whether Raghy's comment on it was justified. You may not agree with what I said in my post, but I never said anything like what Raghy was insinuating and mocking. Please note, Shir KRS used to say mocking is not allowed in this web site.

When I asked Raghy for an explanation he diverted the topic into DK, and further claimed I am a follower of DK and then went ahead and concluded that what he said was just fine, a complete non-sequiter -- even if I was a follower of DK, which I am not, Raghy's comments were absolutely false and dishonest.

When I further challenged him to show on what basis he claimed I was a follower of DK, and also repeated my original challenge, which was for him to show where I said Tamils are a caste and Brahmins are not Tamils, he did another dishonest and slippery thing by changing his claim to I am a sympathizer of DK, as if that was in anyway a justification for him to make those dishonest and false statements about what I said.

It is at this point I asked him to put up or shut the @%$# &^. (In my original post I had spelled some letters, but this time, since I have been warned, I am masking the words even further.)

Now Raghy comes crying. I get a warning and told I could be banned!!!

Alright, ban me, but tell me for what. If I was the one who came crying when Raghy was abusing me and said I was leaving the forum, then would Raghy been the one to be given an infraction and threatened with a ban? This just does not make any sense, the first person to cry foul and says he is leaving, whether valid or not, gets the benefit of sympathy?

All this is so outlandish because, I did not go after Raghy, he came after me. I am not the one who spelled out any foul language or expletive, it was Raghy who did, here and here. And now, he weeps and I am told I could be banned.

After all this drama, Raghy has still not provided a shred of evidence (he can't there is none), or retracted his false and dishonest statement about what I said. All he has done is to obfuscate. Even in that exchange, he was the one who had the last word here, I let it go. Now Raghy is dishonestly playing the victim card. So I challenge Raghy once again, stop crying, and put up your proof, where did I say Tamils are a caste, and where did I say Brahmins are not Tamils.

Thank you ....

Sri.Praveen, Greetings. I am not offended by the comment or the name calling. Presently, I am a mental health Nurse. It is very common for me to experience people calling me 'black bastard' or to telling me to 'get fucked'. I never frown on hearing those words. I always keep an appropriate smile on my face. If smile can scare anyone, it is my smile.

So, since I am not really offended by the remarks, I am humbly requesting you to reconsider your decision, please. One week ban is too much for such a petty thing; that too, when I am not even offended. I did not make any complaint, because I was not offended by that remark. Kindly reconsider your decision please. It seems like a knee-jerk reaction.

The reason I left the forum is, the lack of reaction from other members. Not that nobody read that remarks; most members have read the remark, but chose to keep quiet. Lack of reaction can and should encourage me to inspect my own values. I did that and did not like what i found. So, I left.

When brahmins are blamed for everything, for everyone's discriminatory actions, for alleged actions dating back as far as 5,000 years...and are punished for it, they should not keep quiet. I live in australia; refused to swear allegiance to the Queen when I was eligible to get my citizenship.

Brahmins at some stage should react to the discrimination like that. I am asking the brahmins to grow some back-bone, please. You all can do it. I was a pauper when I started my life. When I left to Gummidipoondi with my young wife, I had Rs.80 with me; I was earning about Rs.600 a month. I came to Australia with a grand sum of $120 in total and did not know a soul in this country, and did not have a job either.

There is always hope. Who dares always wins. I am asking all the brahmins to dare. Unless you dare, you will never win. You should learn to ask questions. Until then you can not become a force to be recokened with. This is the song I could think for this moment. (Although I may not believe in God). YouTube - Bette Midler ~ From A Distance (Music Video)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sri.Nara Sir,

Greetings. It seems I was writing post #7 as you were posting post #6. So, although it may seem like, post #7 is not a reply to post #6. Post #7 was addressed to Sri.Praveen for his message in post #5.

It is a pity, you see me as a dishonest person. Again, that only shows my inadequacy. If I take part in any forum in the future, I would be more clear in expressing my messages so that people may not question my honesty.

You accused me of going after you. I have not stalked you, if that's what you meant. But, I have not addressed you enough due to the lack of my erudition and lack of knowledge. Otherwise, I would have addressed your messages more.

in my opinion, most of your messages were forcing the brahmins to feel guilty; pushing the brahmins to accept the punishments they are receiving by the way of reservations. I am not in aggreeement to psychologically damaging any groups psyche. I am a mental health nurse; I know what most of your messages can do negatively to young and unsuspecting minds. I spend long hours with the patients just avoid such situations.

You may not know what you are doing; or you may very well know the effects of your messages.

I find your messages very depressing, targetting only towards the brahmin community.

Yes, if I had more time, if I am more erudite and more knowledgable, I would have gone after every one of your messages.

I am not interested in commenting about your tactics and selective ignoring of messages. In short, I could not be bothered.

Kindly don't complain about quoting one sentence. Your messages are riddled with such quotations, quoting others in debates.

As you can see, whether you believe it or not, I am not worried about your using foul languages. Just because you masked it, it does not mean you did not say that. I am atleast very honest in writing such exact words. This is an adult forum; I don't see the need for masking those words that I did not bother to mask. Importantly, I did not use any foul language against anybody.

I may be too inadequate a quantity for you to grasp my cognitive capacities. Quite possibly, I may not grow to your level at anytime soon.

Cheers!

I do not want to vitiate the atmosphere further and so I limit my words to the minimum.

I did not see - probably skipped it - the post by Shri Nara till I read Shri Raghy's post saying bye, bye! today. My feeling is that despite whatever the provocations, Shri Nara could have omitted the use of that word in a post directly addressed to Shri Raghy. The post of Raghy where he uses the four-letter word is in an indirect context, describing some one whom he knows and who uses it very often. It is not, as it stands, directed at any member. It is for Shri Praveen and the moderators to decide if the four-letter word should be avoided under all circumstances.

Having said that, and after reading the concerned thread, I feel that Shri Raghy's statement about Nara being a DK follower also was uncalled for and without any basis, since he could not prove that even after being repeatedly asked to do it by Shri Nara.

There are many members here who do not agree with that of Shri Nara or myself on the culpability of today's brahmins for the casteism in India; but that does not give them the freedom to cast aspersions like we are, ipso facto, DK followers.

I entreat both Shri Nara and Shri Raghy to forget this episode and come back; let us all start afresh with a determination to stick to opinions only, and not swerve on to personal accusations at any time.

...My feeling is that despite whatever the provocations, Shri Nara could have omitted the use of that word in a post directly addressed to Shri Raghy.

[....]

Having said that, and after reading the concerned thread, I feel that Shri Raghy's statement about Nara being a DK follower also was uncalled for and without any basis, since he could not prove that even after being repeatedly asked to do it by Shri Nara.

Dear Sangom sir, thanks for acknowledging I was provoked. It is not the accusation that I am a DK follower, which I am not and there is nothing wrong if I am one, or I am a DK sympathizer, which I am not and there is nothing wrong if I am one, that is objectionable in Raghy's behavior. It is the attempt to change the subject from what he did first, namely, making things up about what I said (Tamils are a caste and Brahmins are not Tamils), and then mocking me with a side note to Praveen. Even now, he is not addressing this issue, instead he talks about how depressing it is to read my posts, as though that absolves him of the responsibility for his actions. He talks about my "tactics" without giving not a single example. If I engage in dishonest tactics I am ready and willing to offer unconditional apology and accept any action from Praveen. But the fact is, I get subjected to all kinds of name calling, the most recent two examples are Raghy himself, and the one from suraju06 who has the habit of sniping and running away. The difference is I don't whine about it.

In this episode, Raghy started by butting into my comment to Kunjuppu, and mocked me. Unless Shri KRS was just joking when he said mocking is not permitted in this forum, Raghy was the first offender against whom no action was taken. Are some rules more important than others? Are some members exempt from some rules?

About the f-word, as you have observed, I used the word against a member, but Raghy used it in general -- I masked it and he didn't. What I infer is my use was beyond the pale, but Raghy's use was ambiguous to be clarified by Praveen. This nuance is new, not properly articulated. Raghy whined, sorry to say Sangom sir, you asked the moderators to intervene, Praveen comes in with an ax, not even asking me to explain what was this all about, just issues an infraction against me and threatens to ban me. Is this due process? I appeal to fair-minded people in this forum to give me an answer, is this due process?

Praveen is maintaining a silence. He owns this web site and he has every right to do what he pleases. He can ban me, he can refuse to give me satisfactory answer, he may close this thread without addressing my points, he may offer preferential treatment to whoever he chooses. Many members are probably rejoicing right now and will even thank Praveen if he throws me out. If he does, I will go out knowing that I was hounded out and those with an honest and fair mind will also know I was hounded out.

Cheers!

Dear friends,
Kindly bury ur misunderstandings and please contribute your Learned knowledge to the forum. It will be great of anyone not using offending or unparlimentary and indecent words in this great forum PLEASE

Praveen is maintaining a silence. He owns this web site and he has every right to do what he pleases. He can ban me, he can refuse to give me satisfactory answer, he may close this thread without addressing my points, he may offer preferential treatment to whoever he chooses. Many members are probably rejoicing right now and will even thank Praveen if he throws me out. If he does, I will go out knowing that I was hounded out and those with an honest and fair mind will also know I was hounded out.

Praveen stands confused at what to do. My position is more like One step forward and 2 steps backward. So i do not have a choice apart from maintaining a silence.
Just by owning this forum does not make me a great learned person or something. Only after this website was created i realized i do not know anything and i have zillion things to learn. And i am learning it everyday. I learnt something yesterday and i am learning something today. And yes, i do not interact or participate in any of the discussions simply because i know very little (or in some cases nothing) about them. So, i sit back and read and try to understand.

I have always maintained that freedom of speech will be allowed here and it will be upto to the members to do self moderation (as explained in my previous post above) if something they feel is amiss. The fact that you are able to post shows where i stand with respect to your questions (i hope).

I have no intention to throw you or anyone else out. As i requested Raghyji, I will also request you to stay.

Kindly bury ur misunderstandings and please contribute your Learned knowledge to the forum. It will be great of anyone not using offending or unparlimentary and indecent words in this great forum PLEASE

Ditto. Well said. Opinions/views will vary. When it can vary with 2 people from the same family. It will def vary amongst a group of people from different backgrounds. Just do not take anything personally. If at all you feel something is becoming personal, just step away. you do not have to stand your ground to prove something is right or wrong. And there is nothing wrong is backing out.

....I have always maintained that freedom of speech will be allowed here and it will be upto to the members to do self moderation...
Yes Praveen, I agree with the above and I appreciate it very much. However, in this matter with Raghy, IMO, you erred by simply taking a one-sided view because Raghy started whining, and gave me a public chastising. But that is alright, you have permitted me to unburden and place my side on the record and for that I am thankful.

Now, I am letting this matter go. I have only one request to all the members -- I take a lot of contrarian positions, and many may feel that is unfair, some say they feel depressed, but the right response for this is not to start making things up, or attacking me or mocking me, but to debate me, show me I am wrong, and if you did that, I will concede, and even apologize if required -- I have never hesitated to do that.

Also, I believe my views and arguments are meant to uplift the brahmins, become less resentful and more loving of everyone just because they are human beings, which I think benefits them first and foremost. Those who say how great Brahmins are, or refuses to be open to different POV, or encourages victim-hood sentiments of Brahmins are not promoting the welfare of Brahmins.

Cheers!

It is the attempt to change the subject from what he did first, namely, making things up about what I said (Tamils are a caste and Brahmins are not Tamils),

Dear Shri Nara,

Am I having some deja vue? I don't know.
Raghy whined, sorry to say Sangom sir, you asked the moderators to intervene,

As I stated in my post clearly, I was not able to decide whether the use of that word was highly objectionable or not, and so the only thing I could do was to leave it to Praveen to decide because nowadays the moderators' names are not displayed and I felt there is none. If however that was not correct pl. let me know.

Strangely, I find one post by Shri Kunjuppu categorically stating that the use of the f-word was not alright, has disappeared now!

Dear Shri Nara,

Am I having some deja vue? I don't know. ...
...so the only thing I could do was to leave it to Praveen to decide
No sir, not at all, I fully understand why you wanted moderators to look into it, but unfortunately, it led to some hasty action, no harm, it is now past and I am ready to move on.

Cheers!

Dear Shri.Nara,
I appreciate the way you have handled the situation and really you possess a Big heart to take the stand which you have taken.
There can never be an iota of doubt that you are not (repeat not) a well wisher of Tamil Brahmins.Your writings only highlights your anguish
that younger generation of TBs (perhaps from the elders in family) are fed with ideas of superiority of Brahmins as a class or caste without
realising the ground realities.
Dear Shri.Raghy,
I am a regular reader of your posts in various threads. You have been writing about stress and strain you are going through for the past few months in some of your postings and also started a thread "Stress Relief".I can very well visualise the type of strain you will be undergoing in your profession.You really add colour to this Forum and you have vast experience.I personally request you on behalf of all members to continue
your postings in this Forum.

I appreciate the way you have handled the situation and really you possess a Big heart to take the stand which you have taken.
There can never be an iota of doubt that you are not (repeat not) a well wisher of Tamil Brahmins.
Dear BK sir, one always feels good when complimented, but to me, this is the best compliment I have ever received in this forum. I was feeling really down, and this comment from you has lifted my spirit. I appreciate it, and I hope I never let you down.

best regards ....

hi praveen ji,
DO NOT ALLOW TO DISCUSS/DEBATE ABOUT CASTE/VARNA/JATI HERE....ITS PUBLIC FORUM.....SOME PPL LIKE CASTE VERY MUCH..

SOME PPL LIKE EVR/DK/DMK AMONG BRAHMINS.....SO BETTERDO NOT DISCUSS SENSITIVE SUBJECTS.....ITS MY REQUEST....

REGARDS
TBS

hi praveen ji,
DO NOT ALLOW TO DISCUSS/DEBATE ABOUT CASTE/VARNA/JATI HERE....ITS PUBLIC FORUM.....SOME PPL LIKE CASTE VERY MUCH..

SOME PPL LIKE EVR/DK/DMK AMONG BRAHMINS.....SO BETTERDO NOT DISCUSS SENSITIVE SUBJECTS.....ITS MY REQUEST....

REGARDS
TBS

Sri tbs,

I completely agree with you..

Just want to share with you, in general, some of my thoughts..

1) As Sri Praveen stated, his motto towards this forum, to encourage open discussions and freedom of speech, is highly appreciable and respectable. We all should be thankful to him and be determinant to give priority to his policies and principles towards this forum, than that of our personal emotions and priorities, in support of our postings.

2) IMHO, many of us are fed up with many such conflict & hue and cry in this forum; intervening to settle down the issues, many times getting our self caught unawares, between the cross fire; ending up in embarrassment, on being blamed to have taken one's side (unmindful of its validity). Thus, IMO, none of us wants to involve between two parties in question.

3) I feel, its better for the two parties in question to settle down any sort of issues between each other.

4) IMHO, open discussions and freedom of speech should not be interfered with the friendly sentiments/love towards a specific member, one has befriended with. If required a friendly member can take the interest to post any thing relevant to challenge the opponent of his/her friendly member, with a true spirit of exchanging ideas, to broaden understanding & to leave no ambiguity, considering every members of this forum as friends in common.

5) We should never pin point the name of other member (directly or indirectly), with whom we had disagreement, just to re-iterate our disagreement, while responding to the other member who is sharing the same ideas.

6) We should clearly understand that the no. of posts and the period of membership can never grant exceptional values. Its only our honest expressions, attitude & behavior that can get us the support we deserve. At any point of time, we should bear self responsibility, without expecting exceptional liberty. Individuals have individuality and their emotions are variables & fragile.

Precisely, if we consider no difference between self respect & respecting others, than there would be hardly any conflict and dishevelment. And off course no one would require to force oneself to quit this Forum.

Is there a software to filter out offending F-word which will be activated whenever such words are used? If yes, it will help the moderators very much, I think. I request the valuable members Sri Raghy and Sri Nara , both being veterans and highly knowledgeable, to continue contributing to the Forum. Our good wishes to you both. Sri Raghy, please come back and contribute. You are too valuable an advisor to lose!

Sri.Praveen said

To Raghyji
On behalf of the other members and self, I am sorry that such a word has been used against you. I cannot and do not know what else to say. I only ask you to reconsider your decision and stay with us.

Sri.Praveen and respectable forum members,

Greetings. I was not expecting you guys to feel sorry, because you guys did not do anything wrong. I was upset only because the forum did not do something right, that is getting angry when it should. I am very happy to see the reactions from the forum members to Sri.Praveen's appeal here.

After such a show of reaction, I do not have a real reason to stay away from the forum.

One of the members sent me this PM -
Though I have not posted for a long time and haven't interacted with you I have always read your posts with interest. You do [COLOR=#DA7911 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#DA7911 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]share[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] a lot of real life experiences!

I am saddened with all the lastest happenings.

Your posts will be missed by me and many others.

I respect this member's desire to stay annonymous. To Sri.praveen's notice, please, subsequent correspondence with this member revealed that this member draws strength from this forum.

If my posts can make even just one person happy, I think, I should continue to post.

I understand, I declared that I wanted to leave. So, if I am not wanted here, I can understand that too.

Cheers!

Sri.Praveen said

Sri.Praveen and respectable forum members,

Greetings. I was not expecting you guys to feel sorry, because you guys did not do anything wrong. I was upset only because the forum did not do something right, that is getting angry when it should. I am very happy to see the reactions from the forum members to Sri.Praveen's appeal here.

After such a show of reaction, I do not have a real reason to stay away from the forum.

One of the members sent me this PM -

I respect this member's desire to stay annonymous. To Sri.praveen's notice, please, subsequent correspondence with this member revealed that this member draws strength from this forum.

If my posts can make even just one person happy, I think, I should continue to post.

I understand, I declared that I wanted to leave. So, if I am not wanted here, I can understand that too.

Cheers!

Sri Raghy,

I don't think any member including Sri Praveen would want you not to be here. We all want everyone to be a part of Sri Praveen's noble cause, sharing our views, broaden our understanding, contributing to the benefits of others as possible and enjoy our stay here with each other.

Among many esteemed members of this forum, you are the one, adoring the excellence of this platform. No one of us would be happy to find any of the other member leaving this forum. Often we end up declaring what we want and what we would do, without really feeling it in heart. I am sure, you had done the same here, without really wanting to quiet yourself. You have attachment with this forum and have represented yourself with your true self.

I would be happy, if you could just accept yourself, the fact, that you are one of the loving members of our family, who have the privilege to express his feelings and emotions, and continue with your participation with your usual love and compassion.

Last edited:
Chi.Ravi Sir,

Greetings. Yes, you are right; I did not really want to quit the forum; in fact, I loved to be here. In my PM to Sri.Praveen, I mentioned that without mincing words. But, I was seeking reactions.

Unless a community reacts, it will go through a slow death. I could not watch that happen. Just like most of the members in this forum, my life was not made of rose bed either. That's why I mentioned about the way I started my life in post #6. My story would not be unique; but nothing wrong in sharing our common struggles.

I know I talk about many pheripheral issues while talking about any subject.

Our life is made of pheripheral issues. None of us live with a single agenda. Some of us are required to take care more responsibilities than others.

This forum should be discussing such common issues and possible solutions for the whole forum's benefit. I have active memberships in some of the wierd forums....During the recent floods in Australia, that forum was enquiring the safety of every Australian in that forum. Besides that, they had a seperate thread just to comfort the flood victims. But otherwise, that forum never discusses any serious subjects.

There should be a connection between the members. If the common bond is 'Tamil Brahmin' or just 'Brahmin', so be it! Brahmin is not bad word. We all are just a bunch of people trying to better ourselves in life. It is good to know the history; but, we can not live in the past.

What ever happened in the past, what ever allegedly happened in the past, still it is the past; we have to move on. I just hated to see just a minority of the members just refuse to move on and kept dragging others to the same pit again and again.

It is not very hard to maintain decorum in discussions. An youngster like you could maintain it for over 700 posts, why can't other maintain the same kind of decency?

There is nothing wrong in forming a 'community feeling'. What ever works, it should be fine. The world is moving forward so fast, one should use all the support one can get.

Cheers!

Praveen
u should let him know his fault before u quit him
so that he can realize his mistake and avoid it next time

My last post

Respectable members,

Greetings. I have not been taking part in the forum for the last about a month...I don't think I was missed.

Sri.Nara addressed me as 'dear brother' during some of the discussions. I sincerly thank Sri.Nara for that kind of honour. Adiyen dhendan samarpiththa namaskaarams. It was a previlge to know him. Thank you Sri.Nara. I post my one of my most favourite songs to high light this occassion. I sincerely hope, Sri.Narra likes this song. I wish to remind Sri.Nara I was a farmer. ( To certain extend, I lived this song. This song always reminds me of the free spiriteed Naicker girl who lived, who still lives in my village. I was a farmer until I was 20 years old..).

YouTube - Sivaji Ganesan & Saroja Devi in Terodum - Bhaga Piravinai

Dear friends, I think when we form a forum or community, we should be useful for that community. I could be wrong; but, I strongly believe that. I find myself not useful any community from this forum.

I was a humanist before joining this forum; I was a humanist while I lasted in the forum; I will be a humanist in the future. I said all I have to say; I have nothing more to contribute. I simply don't see the reason to continue in this forum. I post my favourite song at this instance. I lived this song when I was 24 yrs.old. (By the way, if you are wondering, I married that girl. We are together for the last more than 30 years).

YouTube - M.G. Ramachandran & Saroja Devi in Oru Pennai Parthu - Deivathai

That concludes my participation in this forum

Bye!

Last edited:
.... I have not been taking part in the forum for the last about a month...I don't think I was missed.

[...]

I have nothing more to contribute.

That concludes my participation in this forum
Dear brother Raghy, I think it is a mistake to think one needs to contribute in some manner to continue as a member. If one does, that is well and good. The forum is not for just such members who contribute in some manner, but it is also for making friends, reading what others contribute, and generally having a pleasant time.

Also, when you initially said you were leaving there were several members who asked you not to go. Then, just last week K and Happy expressed a desire for you to return. I am not sure why you feel you were not missed in the past one month. Having said that, I feel you are setting a very high bar to participate in this forum when you let others make that decision for you.

All said and done, let me tell you once again, if this is indeed your last post, I will miss you. I hope you will reconsider your decision.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back