• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

My Pursuit - 2 (Redefining what I thought needs to be done)

Having written about my two uncles let me also write about my aunt sulo.. the rich singaporean millionaire who is now also aussie... the angel of everyone.. she has the temerity to come and message me on whatsapp that she knows I have been talking bad about her and still she is being so good to continue talking with me. She goes on to add that I had blocked her phone and now everyone knows about it. I was shocked.. I never knew how to block numbers and had never seen sulo for a long time till i moved to singapore in 2011 to join HP.. when I first came to singapore she bluntly said.. you should not stay here.. please move out as soon as possible.. when thiru said what the hell. its kari naal and you are moving within 15 days of coming to singapore and shouted at me.. she just pammified.. I did not even show her up for what she did. Then she was the one who blocked my phone. I did not even know that she blocked my phone because I kept calling her and the phone would say not available. Only after my co worker said that my number was blocked that I realised that she had blocked my phone. Then in august 2011 when I brought my mother to singapore they met me with the whole family in little india and thiru started shouting that I did not bring my mother to their home in the middle of the road which is his usual intuitive behaviour... but when I pointed out that my number was blocked and rang sulos mobile from my phone in front of all of them, she turned the tables and said my phone is chinese phone and so did not work properly.. her sons also bought it and shreyas also said that cheap chinese phones always do that.. so I let it go without pushing the fact that my phone was blocked by sulo.. Till now I have not narrated this incident to anyone.. there are a lot more things that happened in singapore too which I am really keeping quiet about.. But in the end she tells me coolly that I blocked her phone and I talked bad about her to everyone behind her back.. and inspite of all this "She" was still talking to me freely. when I point out it was she who did it.. she simply messsaged me on whatsapp.. "Move on"

When I see that all this and more has happened in the last 15 or so years.. i dont know how I survived that time period.

But atleast things are calm now.. and these people are falling out of my life like dried kadugu (dried pepper seeds)

But I guess they will definitely come back to stick on to me and say its because of me and such if and when I become big again. Both astrologers and my mother said I will be a big man one day.. But seriously because of these people I wish I never become big that I have to deal with them all over again in my life.

To be entirely honest.. I am not giving up my job. My court case against Bosch for unfair working hours was languishing with the bangalore labour commissioner for a year and this seems to have garnered the attention of a few other major employers so its more like I am not getting opportunities now.
Ok good.

Hiranyaya Namaha - Narasimha Avataram

I noticed that someone had earlier quoted somewhere on this forums that all our knowledge is in our hindu scriptures and unfortunately these are grandfathered in sanskrit. I did not quite understand what was meant by saying grandfathered in sanskrit..

This and velukudi krishnan repeating in his talks that puranas are actually pura-api-navas.. meaning they give a different meaning each time you read it. I initially thought that as you age and you read the puranas, you can use the purport of the stories accordingly in your lives. It is only now as I start learning sanskrit that I realise that the words in sanskrit itself have multiple meanings even though the words are the same. therefore depending on how you read the text, the meanings are completely different.

There is a saying that the same line which means "the lords smile is like a lotus" or similar meaning can also be read as "like anus of a monkey through which a wedge has been driven" I did not accede to the view that the same sentence could have such different meanings depending on the reader. But now, I am beginning to understand.

If you look at Narasimha Avataram.. it is the story where the asura hiranyakasipu has taken over the three worlds - heaven, hell and earth and has forced everyone to chant his name instead of chanting vishnu's name. Therefore, everyone was now chanting hiranyaya namaha instead of narayanaya namaha.. Then when his son was born, it has full belief in lord narayana. Thus the boy prahlad keeps chanting om namo narayana till vishnu comes in the form of narasimha to protect him and vanquish hiranyakasipu.

That is the shortest possible abstract of narasimha avatar. Now, coming to the pura-api-navam part or the secondary meaning that can be gleaned from the same story....

if you listen to the olden days brahmins talk.. they will use the word dhuddu or hiranyam for money. They dont say rupee or paisa or dollar which is a relatively new term. Now if you replace the meaning of the sanskrit word hiranyam as money instead of hiranya as a pronoun. then you see that the story says at one point in time, people were chanting "I bow to money" or hiranyaya namaha. Then prahlad appeared and changed everyone to start chanting om namo narayana or i bow to god instead of I bow to money with the help of the appearance of vishnu in the form of Narasimma.

Thus we can learn that there was a time when money was everything and all powerful but some change happened and it came back to god being all powerful. I say there was a time because the relevant placement of the star constellations at different areas of the sky is noted in this story and using the current panchangams which are a representation of the star constellations in the sky right now, we can possibly estimate when this happened in the past.

We are now at a time, when we are all running after money.. everyone is willing to even work 10 to 12 hours a day just to earn a few thousand rupees more. This is the reason why my fight in the labour court against unnatural working hours at IT companies is not gaining ground. Everyone seems to be thinking who cares if we work 12 hours as long as I get 20,000 rupees extra. They are not going into the reality and understanding that their family life is affected and they are indirectly killing their childs future by not paying enough time to the childs growth.

Anyways.. just wanted to point out that we are all now running behind hiranyam and will soon start chanting hiranyaya namaha.. I wonder if and when another prahlad will come and teach people that we should say om namo narayana or I bow to god instead of hiranyaya namaha..

Having posted the above.. I myself believe that you need money to make anything work in our current world as it is today. I cannot imagine someone just walking out into society and proving that god is everything without doing something magical like the appearance of narasimha.

Lets hope hiranyakasipu's rein does not return

Hiranyaya Namaha - Narasimha Avataram

I noticed that someone had earlier quoted somewhere on this forums that all our knowledge is in our hindu scriptures and unfortunately these are grandfathered in sanskrit. I did not quite understand what was meant by saying grandfathered in sanskrit..

This and velukudi krishnan repeating in his talks that puranas are actually pura-api-navas.. meaning they give a different meaning each time you read it. I initially thought that as you age and you read the puranas, you can use the purport of the stories accordingly in your lives. It is only now as I start learning sanskrit that I realise that the words in sanskrit itself have multiple meanings even though the words are the same. therefore depending on how you read the text, the meanings are completely different.

There is a saying that the same line which means "the lords smile is like a lotus" or similar meaning can also be read as "like anus of a monkey through which a wedge has been driven" I did not accede to the view that the same sentence could have such different meanings depending on the reader. But now, I am beginning to understand.

If you look at Narasimha Avataram.. it is the story where the asura hiranyakasipu has taken over the three worlds - heaven, hell and earth and has forced everyone to chant his name instead of chanting vishnu's name. Therefore, everyone was now chanting hiranyaya namaha instead of narayanaya namaha.. Then when his son was born, it has full belief in lord narayana. Thus the boy prahlad keeps chanting om namo narayana till vishnu comes in the form of narasimha to protect him and vanquish hiranyakasipu.

That is the shortest possible abstract of narasimha avatar. Now, coming to the pura-api-navam part or the secondary meaning that can be gleaned from the same story....

if you listen to the olden days brahmins talk.. they will use the word dhuddu or hiranyam for money. They dont say rupee or paisa or dollar which is a relatively new term. Now if you replace the meaning of the sanskrit word hiranyam as money instead of hiranya as a pronoun. then you see that the story says at one point in time, people were chanting "I bow to money" or hiranyaya namaha. Then prahlad appeared and changed everyone to start chanting om namo narayana or i bow to god instead of I bow to money with the help of the appearance of vishnu in the form of Narasimma.

Thus we can learn that there was a time when money was everything and all powerful but some change happened and it came back to god being all powerful. I say there was a time because the relevant placement of the star constellations at different areas of the sky is noted in this story and using the current panchangams which are a representation of the star constellations in the sky right now, we can possibly estimate when this happened in the past.

We are now at a time, when we are all running after money.. everyone is willing to even work 10 to 12 hours a day just to earn a few thousand rupees more. This is the reason why my fight in the labour court against unnatural working hours at IT companies is not gaining ground. Everyone seems to be thinking who cares if we work 12 hours as long as I get 20,000 rupees extra. They are not going into the reality and understanding that their family life is affected and they are indirectly killing their childs future by not paying enough time to the childs growth.

Anyways.. just wanted to point out that we are all now running behind hiranyam and will soon start chanting hiranyaya namaha.. I wonder if and when another prahlad will come and teach people that we should say om namo narayana or I bow to god instead of hiranyaya namaha..
Why should another Prahlad come to teach us?
We only learn when we decide to make the change.
The rules are clear when it comes to earning money..the rules are..

1) Dharma..Dharmic means of earning..being rich isnt haram as long we earn it dharmically.

2)Artha..earning dharmically..providing for self, family and society.
Charity and beneficial activities and avoid wasting money and showing off.

3) Kama..our desire should be to attain Moksha

4) Moksha..the final destination if God wills.

Sani's full 30 Year Cycle - The clock is coming back 360 degrees to 0

Sani is coming full circle after 30 years in May/June this year. after 1994. Meaning there must be a flash in the pan sometime soon. It was jupiter dasa last time around and Since it is bhudhan dasa now, I am hoping for something slightly more than a flash in the pan

In 1994-95 I scored top 0.1 percent all india level in my CBSE English paper exams got a cash cheque reward too.. dont know where the cheque is now..

Sani's full 30 Year Cycle - The clock is coming back 360 degrees to 0

Sani is coming full circle after 30 years in May/June this year. after 1994. Meaning there must be a flash in the pan sometime soon. It was jupiter dasa last time around and Since it is bhudhan dasa now, I am hoping for something slightly more than a flash in the pan

In 1994-95 I scored top 0.1 percent all india level in my CBSE English paper exams got a cash cheque reward too.. dont know where the cheque is now..

Why should another Prahlad come to teach us?
We only learn when we decide to make the change.
The rules are clear when it comes to earning money..the rules are..

1) Dharma..Dharmic means of earning..being rich isnt haram as long we earn it dharmically.

2)Artha..earning dharmically..providing for self, family and society.
Charity and beneficial activities and avoid wasting money and showing off.

3) Kama..our desire should be to attain Moksha

4) Moksha..the final destination if God wills.
Well said Renuka. But beyond a certain point money is not dharmically yours. You are able to achieve because of efforts of countless people before you who set the platform and enable you to achieve. without the invention of wheel can we think of rolls royce? So the money dharmically goes to society.

Coincidentally and interestingly Sam Pitroda just made a statement that when a person dies half of the wealth should be taken by government. Very fair but what happens if it goes into the hands of the government. Will it be usefully used? There needs to be real transparency in how people's money is used. Then I would give the idea a 10/10

Only the wealth of very rich and super rich should be taken. That should immediately be used for constructive schemes and directly giving the money to the under privileged. More money and benefits for the more poor

There has to be a redistribution or balance in everything not just money though money influences a number of things. For example, power should not be overwhelmingly one sided as it is between government and people. People are given power only during elections though even that is massively influenced. People should have a lot more control over government and a balance should be struck between the government's ability to smoothly function and their tendency to be overly intimidating.

Coincidentally and interestingly Sam Pitroda just made a statement that when a person dies half of the wealth should be taken by government. Very fair but what happens if it goes into the hands of the government. Will it be usefully used? There needs to be real transparency in how people's money is used. Then I would give the idea a 10/10
??? It will land in the pockets of corrupt politicians.
That itself will affect our Karma because what we earned landed in the hands of Adharmic persons.
We have to make sure whatever we earned is used to righteously even after we are gone.

??? It will land in the pockets of corrupt politicians.
That itself will affect our Karma because what we earned landed in the hands of Adharmic persons.
We have to make sure whatever we earned is used to righteously even after we are gone.
Yes that problem really has to be addressed

Latest ads

Back