• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Introductions [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you could join u

Look forward to seeing your msgs around

Hindu Religious Practitioners Course...universal!

I wish to bring out a Hindu religious practitioners course..

A job oriented self employable profession across the community!

After all any profession has theory,practical and money flows during practice.Any religious practice has the same service provider and beneficiary as of any business.In other professions we do not employ God.
In religion we do profession on God and earn money in the name of God.
From birth to death and beyond all hindus have several religious practices leading to... spending /earning money! nobody is willing to avoid religious practices.
The art of religious practices can be codified,put into educational system,course conducted,exams,certificates issued and placement done as of any other profession!people all over the world need guidance in religious practices.now there is no approved school for that...like medical,legal ...so on.!OF COURSE WITHOUT BREAKING TREADITION!
instead of going into a narrow fold of Bramin why not we think of a hindu fold helping all in community practices.
Christians ,Muslims raise one voice in their crisis.
there os no hindu voice.
muslim is able to do namaz in hot daylight even obstructing traffic.
see Usmaan road at 12 o clock.
let us have our differences but seek unity as a proud hindu.
even aethist should not mock.
let us learn and practice hindu way of life.
Am i right in my concept?
GPS

sarathy said:
I wish to bring out a Hindu religious practitioners course..

A job oriented self employable profession across the community!

After all any profession has theory,practical and money flows during practice.Any religious practice has the same service provider and beneficiary as of any business.In other professions we do not employ God.
In religion we do profession on God and earn money in the name of God.
From birth to death and beyond all hindus have several religious practices leading to... spending /earning money! nobody is willing to avoid religious practices.
The art of religious practices can be codified,put into educational system,course conducted,exams,certificates issued and placement done as of any other profession!people all over the world need guidance in religious practices.now there is no approved school for that...like medical,legal ...so on.!OF COURSE WITHOUT BREAKING TREADITION!
instead of going into a narrow fold of Bramin why not we think of a hindu fold helping all in community practices.
Christians ,Muslims raise one voice in their crisis.
there os no hindu voice.
muslim is able to do namaz in hot daylight even obstructing traffic.
see Usmaan road at 12 o clock.
let us have our differences but seek unity as a proud hindu.
even aethist should not mock.
let us learn and practice hindu way of life.it has relavence to modern life
which is full of tension,anxiety,fear,emotions etc.we suffer from lots of avoidable diseases.hindu way of life guides in healthy living for anybody.
i wish to obtain opinion from all .

GPS.

New here.,

Hi Guyz., iam sarathy iyengar from chennai. Iam new here. Hope to interact with all of u guyz.,

I love to surf, and iam a hindu religion fanatic or facist or whatever one could call :).

Dear Sarathy123:

Welcome aboard; we are delighted to see you joining us. Please spread the word.
If I may offer a suggestion, be passionate about our religion and our Brahminical roots but don't be a fanatic or facist; then, what will be the difference between you and the other brahmin-haters? Let us use this passion in a positive way to spread the good deeds of Brahmins and help the community.

Hi,new here

Hi,

Name:I am new to this forum.I am goundamani's fan ,so took the liberty of using his name as a pseudonym.I am happy to see that the discussions in this forum are matured and the forum is being run in an excellent way.

Hi Goundamani

Welcome aboard; we are delighted to see you joining the group and I see the member numbers increasing. We ask you to please actively participate in the forum and other activities. This is YOUR group.

Who is Goundamani? Some political figure?

Thank you silver fox.Goundamani is a famous comedian in tamil movies.

I was googling and suddenly stumbled into this site and joined it.I hope to make many friends over here:high5:

Kerala iyer here.

Dear Friends,
I am a tamil iyer belonging to Kerala. I have been interested in the migration of the iyer communiy to Kerala and their present life. My research is completely reported in the web site initited by me www.keralaiyers.com. I also am interested in the cultural aspects of Brahmins. Trivedhi Sandhya Vandana mantra, Tarpana mantras (along with explanations) as well as a very detailed write up about iyer marriages can be found in the same web site. We also poublish the sankalpams for tharpanams for every year.I am also one of the trustees of the "Kerala Iyer Trust" which tries to help any Kerala Iyer in distress.This is managed by our yahoo group called "Pattars".Another of my interest is translation of sthothras.These are reported in www.geocities.com/ramya475/ .Yet another of my interest is writing stories for children .These are found in web site www.geocities.com/chelakkara_raja/
. I have posted today in the ad section, about my vailability as an astrologer for free matching of horoscopes over the internet.With best wishes, Ramachander

I am new...

I dont know whether i am reinventing myself just like a reborn christian, looks like i am trying to become a reborn iyer.

When ever my relatives used to attend ******* confrences i just used to laugh at them at least in my heart eventhough not manifesting it outside. I used to mock at my father when ever he used to show pro-brahmin attitude. But i dont know why nowadays i see more sympathy towards what he used to tell me . Is it because i am getting old or because i had read too many views espoused in Tamil forums where Tamil brahmins are just a butt of criticism, i am now becoming more inward looking into our community.

The dormant anti-brahmin feelings in TN is now getting center stage because of the explosion of blogs and other internet forums.

But to be true i feel more peace at myself reading the comments posted here.

I am more interested in helping poor Tamil brahmins in TN through financial and other means .

I would like brahmins in TN to be more modern than be religious , probably i am more of political brahmin than a religious one. I would like members to help poor students in our community than helping to build temples.

I would like to post anti-brahmin views posted in some tamil forums . Those views disturb me greatly and i would really get to know the views of "our" people here.

After reading this forum i feel atleast there are people who are whom i can feel at ease .

Kabali,

You are right. Internet has become one more means for anti-brahmin propaganda.

Anti-brahmins, especially from TN, are utilising their free time in this activity. When everything is provided for, you know, you have 24 hours free time in a day.

I agree with you on points like helping the community. But where I differ is your perception of religion. What saved us in the past was religion. And what is going to save us in future is also religion. Modernity is nothing but compromises leading eventually to loss of identity.

We can discuss more in times to come.

You are welcome.

Bhahusruth.

Hi all

I am from Cochin, new to this forum. Just came to know about this site. May this forum help us to unite.

Welcome aboard, Hariharan Iyer and Vaithy! We are delighted you found us. Remember, this is YOUR form. Please participate in our discussions and let us know your views, feelings, comments and what not.

I am glad to see more and more of our people are joining the forum. Please spread the word, too!

Hi

Hi all.I am searching for such a website for longtime.happy to find it now.Iam aniyengarfrom srirangam.I think thereshould be unity among us & we should fight misrepresentation of us in cinemas.

Dear Vijay:

Welcome aboard! We are delighted you have joined us. Yes, this forum has been started mainly to unite all Brahmins (Iyengar, Iyer, and anybody else classified as Brahmin) and also to help out the less fortunate in the community. Please be an active member, participate in discussions and offer your views.
I have been meaning to visit Srirangam to have a darshan of the Lord for a long time; my grandparents used to live there. I think it is a beautiful place, based on my boyhood memory.

Kerala Iyer here

HI,
Today only i logged in..i have seen your introduction which was quite interesting....I am jayashree shankar, from secunderabad. i like to interact with highly intellectual persons....thanks a lot for this forum..
All the best..
jaya

Hi Jayashree Shankar:
Welcome aboard! Even if you are a 'Kerala Iyer' you are still Tamil Brahmin! Some years ago, I read somewhere that the Kerala Iyers (Palakadu) originally migrated from Thanjavur area.

Please participate in our discussions and offer your views. You said 'like to interact with highly intellectual persons'..! I am not sure if I am one of them!

we should welcome Mr.KABALI, he is ready to help poor brahmins. ----------------------------------AMMANJI.

First post

Hi all,

I run a blog called realitycheck at http://realitycheck.wordpress.com

I am interested in data about Brahmins of Tamilnadu. Quite obviously the current quota controversy arises out of a desire to extend Tamilnadus system to the whole of India. The advisor to the HRD minister PS Krishnan is a vocal supporter of the OBC classification in TN.

If you look at the communal GO that existed in the 20's it would seem to indicate that brahmins were 14% of Tamilnadus population. If that number today is 3-4%, as is popularly believed, that would constitute one of the biggest migrations in India. I already think this is the least studied social phenomenom of independent India.

I tried without success to get access to the 1931 census data. Can anyone throw some light on this ?

Regarding anti-brahminisn in TN, it will die a natural death when data is brought into the picture.

This is a good resource, and I look forward to more discussions.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back