• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Introductions [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
time to be united

Hello fellow Brahmin brothers!!
There has been a lot of talk on unity among Brahmins.
We can surely move forward on this. Did you know there is a magazine called BRAHMIN TODAY exclusively for Brahmins?
We could contribute to this magazine (an issue is priced at an unbelievable Rs.5/-!!). We could start writing articles and give ideas on bringing about this unity in the near future.
If anyone is interested in rallying around my idea, you are welcom to get in touch with me.
All the best and with best regards.
T.Sadasiva Kumar

Hi sadasiva,

welcome to Tamilbrahmins.com

until now, i havent heard about the magazine.

could you tell us, where the magazine is published and also the distribution areas as i have not seen or heard about it until now.

maybe you can mail me the details and i can speak to them and probably get an ad for tamilbrahmins.com in it :)

you can mail to the address you should have received when you signed up.

regarding magazine

Thank you for your mail.
The monthly magazine BRAHMIN TODAY is being published from Purasawalkam, Chennai. I am doing my bit to promote the circulation. I shall be happy if you could join in my effort.
Please contact the Editor of the magazine, Mr.Vasan at the following telephone no: (044) 26411815 and tell him you were referred by me (T.Sadasiva Kumar).
Also I would be happy if you could contact me at 98407 66538.
Thanks for the help.
T.Sadasiva Kumar

Great to know this , there are lot of media people in brahmin community , lets request them to write some articles for the same free of cost , let all of us popularize it , then once it reaches critical mass advt can start and this revenues could be used wisely, is there a way we can make this online as well

just thought i shall let know all,

i have spoken to Mr.Sadasiva Kumar yday and hopefully by saturday i should be speaking to the editor of the magazine as well :)

update: i will be seeing Mr Vasan on saturday. just spoke to him and i will there :)

Dear Mr.Praveen
Thanks for the mail. I am happy to note that you will be meeting Mr.Vasan on Saturday. If possible, could you please call me before you meet Mr.Vasan?
Thanks a lot and regards.
T.Sadasiva Kumar

tssk55 said:
Dear Mr.Praveen
Thanks for the mail. I am happy to note that you will be meeting Mr.Vasan on Saturday. If possible, could you please call me before you meet Mr.Vasan?
Thanks a lot and regards.
T.Sadasiva Kumar

sure :)

Hello Praveen:

Could you send the address for subscribing to BRAHMINS Today?

Suresh

praveen said:
Hi sadasiva,

welcome to Tamilbrahmins.com

until now, i havent heard about the magazine.

could you tell us, where the magazine is published and also the distribution areas as i have not seen or heard about it until now.

maybe you can mail me the details and i can speak to them and probably get an ad for tamilbrahmins.com in it :)

you can mail to the address you should have received when you signed up.

Ram Prakash

Dear friends,

Glad to join a forum like this to serve our own community .Myself S.Ram Prakash from Coimbatore.(working in Bangalore )

Thanks and Regards
S.Ram Prakash

Hi I am Karthik Sastry

Hi All,

My name is Karthik and I am from Chennai. Being brahmins you all might be knowing about the great saint, the 64th Nayanmar Sri Sri Sri Maha Periyava of Kanchi.

A grand project is underway in Orirukkai, near Kanchipuram, to raise a Manimantapam in honour of Kanchi MahaSwami, the 68th Sankaracharya of the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam, Sri Sri Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati Swamigal.

It is tough to complete this project without monetary help and we are trying our best to collect as much as possible to keep up the work and be part of this huge project and get his blessings.

I would appreciate any help from this forum to help achieve this objective.

You can visit this website for more information: http://www.manimantapam.org/index.html

Thanks,
Karthik

One of my objectives of joining the forum is to seek the help of the community to complete this dream of constructing the mani mandapam for maha periyava. However, I am also going to try and do my best to give back to this community in whatever little way I can.

New fella

Namaskaram,
I am sindhu, basically an artist and a web designer.Heard lot about this site so thought would join in.

I have a site http://www.giftpaintings.com ,basically I sell traditional paintings.All are my work.If anyone of you are interested do drop in a mail.

Cheers

New kid on the block

Namaskarams everybody

Im a newbie here.A little about myself,Im from Madras and now currently living in the South Bay Area,U.S. Stumbled across by this site and thought I'd register.Im so glad that we have an online forum where we can discuss issues and try to sort things out and share info and knowledge.Im an active participant of a few yahoogroups and other online Indian portals so I'll try to partcipate in the discussions going on here too.Thats it for now.You folks have a nice day and God bless.

hello

hi everyone,

really nice to have such a forum .thanks to praveen. came to know of this site through mylapore times and will enlist more members and contribute in whatever way possible.

hi krish

also visit <link removed - please do not use this forum to promote your own website or your organisation's website. if you wish to do so, please get in touch with me and we can work out an alternative arrangement. - Praveen.>

rgds
ramesh viswanathan

Last edited by a moderator:
krishvoice said:
Hi,

Anyone here living in San Francisco bay area california, who can volunteer some time during late evenings or week ends to help me learn basic rituals like sandhya vandanam, Abhivadhey, saying rudhram among other things.

Appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely

Krish

Dear Krish:
If you cannot get the cd/cassette, let me know. I will arrange to get one from India and ship it to you.
Best regards,

Hi

I am from atlanta, I just joined your forum.
I am interested in volunteering for whatever you guys are doing.

Iam also interested in attending the conference call,,, if somebody can give me the call details

Prakash

Hi,

Nice to read many interesting discussions in this site. Looking forward to more activity. Best wishes for all the noble endeavors undertaken/to be undertaken, by the group.

Regards,
Sandhya.

WElcome on board Sandhya. We need young and beautiful minds llike you to take the forum ahead. Stay in touch.

Krishna

Hi Sandhya
Welcome aboard; we are glad you are joining us. Remember, the 'group' includes you, too!! So... please participate, contribute and be a part of this nice great community!
Brahmins Unite!

sandhya said:
Hi,

Nice to read many interesting discussions in this site. Looking forward to more activity. Best wishes for all the noble endeavors undertaken/to be undertaken, by the group.

Regards,
Sandhya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back