• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Introductions [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a new member

Hi all,
I came to know abt this site today and Immediately regd. I am now in Koyambedu, Chennai. My children r in Canada & New Jersey and so I keep going & coming. This site is very much needed today, especially in T. Nadu as v R very much discriminated by parties in Power.though v r also Tamilians. I am asking my friends of our community to join this forum. Pl inform yourfriends also to join. Best Wishes.

Govindarajan.

Dear Mr. Govindarajan:

Welcome aboard! we are delighted you have joined us; it is YOUR community. Please do spread the word and actively participate in our forums.

Dear Kashyap:
Thank you for sharing your bio with us; it is very good, indeed!

Yes, we all must thank my friend, Praveen, for spearheading and creating the Forum single-handedly; but he doesn't like to be in the limelight!! I also have my dear friend Ramki to thank for all the help.

Please continue to be active thru these forums and help wherever you can for the good of our community.

Dear Kashyap

Welcome to the forum. I second Siverfox's request. Please take active part in the forums and please consider volunteering for the community and helping our less fortunate community members.

Ramki

Dear Kashyap:
Thank you for sharing your bio with us; it is very good, indeed!

Yes, we all must thank my friend, Praveen, for spearheading and creating the Forum single-handedly; but he doesn't like to be in the limelight!! I also have my dear friend Ramki to thank for all the help.

Please continue to be active thru these forums and help wherever you can for the good of our community.

all for good

i mannai kosai native of mannai living in chennai for the past 35 years. sharing the views, chatting happily is my simple approach. best of luck

Greetings

Hello everyone.

I'm a year 16 year old male living in Mumbai. I'm an atheist however I was born into a brahmin Hindu household. This board has many threads that remind me of things I've experienced early on in my life. Looks good so far:)

Sir, I think this is a difficult task and will need lots of resources (manpower,equipment and TIME and money) to accomplish it in a PROPER manner.We are all scattered and in fact our identity has gone to a large degree. Moreover there is no will among our community- sorry to say this we are all talk and no action.

Time

It takes time to build up a group, a mission, and enough momentum. It will take a long time and many years. But if a start is not made, defeat is certain. Only determination and perseverance will work

Dear Indiravasudeva:

Welcome aboard! We are delighted you have joined us! Yes, we are an interesting bunch (you included!). Please visit several threads and read the discussions and debates that are going on! More importantly, please actively participate by posting your views, comments and also contribute monetarily whenever and whatever you can. One of the objectives of this site is to help out the needy and poor students in their education.

I got unexpectedly here in (thanks to God or google)! There was a request by one of Member which I wanted to answer made me to register here.

Interesting things are going on here. Pranam to you all.

Giridhari

Hi,

Its really nice to know your associated with social service.. Can i get more information on that please. I am already associated with a blind hostel and help them whenever i can. I really appreciate your efforts to get so many people together in this...that to for a noble cause.

Namaskkaram

I am blessed to be the member of this wonderful site. Everything here is informative. I shall regularly keep in touch with you all. Take care of you and your family
Regards
Bagya:hand:

Welcome Vadivelu. Thanks for joining the forum. Can I request you to please read the forum guidelines at "http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/guidelines.php" if you have not done so ?

We look forward to hear your viewpoints.
Ramki

hello sir/madam
vadivelu here. good mrning everybody. good site.

Vaanga sir.

Dondu sir,I am one of the regular readers of your blogs. I really enjoyed the street naming stories :), Rajaji, Cho etc.
No doubt it would be nice to have you here and learn from your experience.

Thanks Kudumi

நன்றி குடுமி அவர்களே,

தமிழில் எழுதலாமா எனத் தெரியவில்லை. ஆனாலும் நீங்கள் எனது தமிழ்ப் பதிவுகளை குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளதால் இங்கு தமிழிலேயே எழுதுகிறேன்.

அங்கு வந்து பின்னூட்டம் தரலாமே. எனது பதிவில் அனானியாக கூட வரலாம், பின்னூட்டமிட.

அன்புடன்,
டோண்டு ராகவன்
P:S. If there is any font problem in reading Tamil, I am ready to write in English.

welcome , glad to have you here

அங்கு வந்து பின்னூட்டம் தரலாமே. எனது பதிவில் அனானியாக கூட வரலாம், பின்னூட்டமிட.

அன்புடன்,
டோண்டு ராகவன்
P:S. If there is any font problem in reading Tamil, I am ready to write in English.

welcome. I can read tamil. But this looks too heavy for me. Looks more like tamil from srilanka. Are u sure this is tamil ?
icon7.gif
(ayyyayyo kolrangale?)

Jus kidding. But I dont think my mastery of the language is this high. Could u pl provide a tamil-to-tamil translation , I mean yourtamil-to-chennaisendhamil translation.

regs
kashyap

இதுக்கு ஏங்கண்ணு மெர்சலாயிட்ட. அங்க எம்பொட்டி பக்கம் வந்து கண்டுக்கினு போ அக்காங்.

வர்ட்டா?

பிரியத்தோட,

டோண்டு ராகவன்

welcome. I can read tamil. But this looks too heavy for me. Looks more like tamil from srilanka. Are u sure this is tamil ?
icon7.gif
(ayyyayyo kolrangale?)

Jus kidding. But I dont think my mastery of the language is this high. Could u pl provide a tamil-to-tamil translation , I mean yourtamil-to-chennaisendhamil translation.

regs
kashyap

Welcome | First exp ? | English perhaps ?

Mr DNR,

Welcome.

I have heard a lot about you, have also read your blog on street names.

From your blogs i understand that you are professional translator. "Tamil to Tamil" for Kashyap ji, a first experience perhaps ?

In my office laptop i cannot download fonts so i cannot read if you post in Tamil. For general benefit, i think, it will be better if you can write in English atleast critical posts.

On a serious note, can you provide the meanings of "Pinnottam", "Ananiyaga"

First thing first. Yes, I will write in English, no problem.

Yes I am a professional German/French/Italian translator cum interpreter. Being a graduate electrical engineer having worked in that capacity for 23 years, I specialize in technical literature translation.

pinnuuttam means comment or feedback, anaaniyaaga means as anonymous. You can select the anonymous option and comment in my blog posts, in case you do not have blogger account.

Regards,
Dondu N.Raghavan

Mr DNR,

Welcome.

I have heard a lot about you, have also read your blog on street names.

From your blogs i understand that you are professional translator. "Tamil to Tamil" for Kashyap ji, a first experience perhaps ?

In my office laptop i cannot download fonts so i cannot read if you post in Tamil. For general benefit, i think, it will be better if you can write in English atleast critical posts.

On a serious note, can you provide the meanings of "Pinnottam", "Ananiyaga"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back