• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Introductions [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Mr.Dondu

HEARTY WELCOME !!! I am a regular reader of your blogs. It has been my dream to have people like you join our forum and share your thoughts. In fact, I had sent an email to you long back to visit our forum. Not sure whether you got a chance to see it ever :)

May I request you to refer our forum to your other Tamil Brahmin friends too ?

Thanks
Ramki

First thing first. Yes, I will write in English, no problem.

Yes I am a professional German/French/Italian translator cum interpreter. Being a graduate electrical engineer having worked in that capacity for 23 years, I specialize in technical literature translation.

pinnuuttam means comment or feedback, anaaniyaaga means as anonymous. You can select the anonymous option and comment in my blog posts, in case you do not have blogger account.

Regards,
Dondu N.Raghavan

Dear Dondu Raghavan:
Your dear friend SR has sent me an email telling me that he has asked you to join this forum. We are honored, indeed! I must plead ignorance! Even though everyone seems to know you, I haven't had the pleasure of knowing you so far (one of those AGCD! - AGCD = Americen-grown confused desis)!
Please continue to enlighten us in this forum with your thoughts, comments and words of wisdom.
Welcome!

Thanks Administrator

I am really honored by your mail.

Regards,
Dondu N.Raghavan

Dear Dondu Raghavan:
Your dear friend SR has sent me an email telling me that he has asked you to join this forum. We are honored, indeed! I must plead ignorance! Even though everyone seems to know you, I haven't had the pleasure of knowing you so far (one of those AGCD! - AGCD = Americen-grown confused desis)!
Please continue to enlighten us in this forum with your thoughts, comments and words of wisdom.
Welcome!

The same one in Karuthu?

Are you the same one writing in Karuthu also?
Welcome to the forum and please share your valuable experience with us.

Oh mr thirumalai !

Are you the same one writing in Karuthu also?
Welcome to the forum and please share your valuable experience with us.

If you are indeed the same thirumalai, we'll let me welcome the legend to Tambrams.

I have read thru your post wars with Thirupathi & other anti-brahmin gang at karuthu is legendary stuff.

Oracle Database Administrator here ..DBAlaji

Hi all , this is DBAlaji
yes im a database administrator on oracle .
need more .. just email me .
.I think i can even help this web guys to make a database of the members and may be make a regionwise list .and send out e-zines based onm regions,age groups,professions ....

bye n take care

Last edited:
hi to all

hi
I am new to this tamil brahmins.com.
I will make my friends and relations register with this website
Is this website and ******* are the same or different?

Last edited:
hi

Hi Sribavani

Welcome to our forum. We are different from the *******. Thanks for spreading the word about our forum.

Ramki

hi

Hi DBAlaji

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your offer of help. Right now one of our senior members Chintana is helping design our database. We will definitely take all the help we need when it starts rolling.

Thanks
Ramki
Hi all , this is DBAlaji
yes im a database administrator on oracle .
need more .. just email me .
.I think i can even help this web guys to make a database of the members and may be make a regionwise list .and send out e-zines based onm regions,age groups,professions ....

bye n take care

hi friends

Dear friends

My name is narayanaswamy srinivasan. at present i stay in Philippines on some official assignment. otherwise, i am basically from delhi. but i belong to tanjore, brought up and studied in madras. i am happy to be a part of this group.
with my namaskarams to all.

Happy To Join You All

:music:
Hi friends! Happy to join this site. I could know about this site only recently. Nammavaalai meet pannrathula kidaikkara santhoshame thani.

I am a software Maami. Music lover, singer and humourous person.
Mother of a cute girl. Living in Tamil Nadu.
Pl be in touch.

Last edited:
Hi

Just read Mr.TKPs thread. I too faced the same problem with Tamil brahmin girls. I am born, brought up in India. In fact I have heard 2 r 3 girls saying I dont want a traditional brahmin girl. I would put the blame totally on the parents. Many times it has irritated when I heard our girls saying so. Yes our girls have the inferiority complex. The seed have been already sown in many girls. It is responsibility of us to remove it. Let this forum start the job and let us be part of the job.

Stop Not till the GOAL is reached

I am Prabhu.I am actually irritated by our *******.I have the feeling that ******* is wasting energy and resource in waste issues. I dont see any proper manifestation for ******* as I dont see them active. I have never seen them reaching out the youth. Youth are the pillars. We should learn the lesson even if it is from our enemy. I wanted to quote DMK. How that party came to power.How inspite of it being in the opposition for such a long period still able to thrive and capture the power.They attracted the youth and the old youth even now stand behind them. So I want this forum to target the youth. I see many of our fellow brahmin guys shy away saying that they are brahmins. Think of few years later many will easily join those thugs as they are surrounded by people against us. Let us be united. Let us encourage our needy guys. Let us fight the odd against us. We should remember NATURE SELECTS only the fittest. Let us make ourselves fittest.Let this forum not lose its fire. Let it be the fire which destroys the evils against us.

Paathagam seibavarai kandal modhi mithithu vidu paapa

Good! I am glad to see this spirit. If you have suggestions for how to volunteer for youth activites or what we can do to develop youth activities, do post them in the volunteers thread.

I am Prabhu.I am actually irritated by our *******.I have the feeling that ******* is wasting energy and resource in waste issues. I dont see any proper manifestation for ******* as I dont see them active. I have never seen them reaching out the youth. Youth are the pillars. We should learn the lesson even if it is from our enemy. I wanted to quote DMK. How that party came to power.How inspite of it being in the opposition for such a long period still able to thrive and capture the power.They attracted the youth and the old youth even now stand behind them. So I want this forum to target the youth. I see many of our fellow brahmin guys shy away saying that they are brahmins. Think of few years later many will easily join those thugs as they are surrounded by people against us. Let us be united. Let us encourage our needy guys. Let us fight the odd against us. We should remember NATURE SELECTS only the fittest. Let us make ourselves fittest.Let this forum not lose its fire. Let it be the fire which destroys the evils against us.

Paathagam seibavarai kandal modhi mithithu vidu paapa

Hi,i'm new

Hi everybody,

First,I'd like to thank everybody who is part of this wonderful community.Well,to begin with,I'm Ranjani, a teen pursuing her BE in ECE.I was referred to this sensible website by one of my relatives and i'm real glad now that i'm part of this exuberant community.I hail from Chennai and am living currently in one of the suburbs of the city.

My heart always swells with pride whenever i think of the country's heritage and the brahmin culture.Sometimes,my heart becomes rampant when anything stupid happens and yes,during those times,i feel very bad that such a stupid condition is prevalent only in south india,that too,coz of our notorious political leaders.I'm a staunch follower of our exemplary religion Sanatana Dharma and am unlike some hypocrites who want to be conspicuous by their beliefs in "their so called atheism"!

I am not exactly religious but am spiritual,to be honest.Well,i sincerely believe i will do what i can to promote this community.Look forward to acquainting with ya all.

Thanks and Regards,
Ranjani R

I go with chanakya.What you say is very very true.It's a pity such a condition prevails in the city and we can't even talk about it in the public,let alone raise our voice against this stupid guy.Don't you worry!We'll make things happen.

'll do my best to promote this website.I'm very glad i have found people here who have similar ideas.Look forward to acquainting with you.

Regards,
Ranjani R

Thanks

Thank you, Ranjani.
I'm reading all your posts. You are very enthusiastic and have strong roots with our community.Thanks to your parents. I too belong to your generation, only a little bit elder to you.
But what I feel about our previous generation is (not generalising) they want to be different from their prev.gen. ie our Paatti, Thaathas.I mean they don't want to be too much orthodox, not Saasthroththam in all matters may be due to the reason of Nuclear families and both employed situations. But still they want to follow whatever they can and feel necessary. The result is, they leave us in confusion. We are also very much proud of our caste and traditions but exactly don't know what can and should we do, and what not.
What do you feel about this? This is my humble opinion out of my experience.
I may be wrong also.

It's indeed heartening to get a welcome message from one of the members.I feel elated!Thanks!

Well,i go with you in a way.Please remember that this condition has arose only because of our blindly following the west.The politicians play a key role,yes,but what comes before that is the kind of life(self-centered,I'd say) the people in the west live.They are not affectionate and dont believe in mushy affection(as people of gen y stupidly put) and live for none but themselves.They just dont care about anything or anybody!That kinda life,sadly,has been idolised by people here.While people in the west have started reseraching about the Vedas and the upanishads,we dont even know them,let alone research on them.I feel very bad that sucha condition prevails here and yes,though i cant say i'm much of a religious person,i beilieve strongly in our culture.We can't do anything,kothai(hope u dont mind my calling u by your name,as you are just a few years older than me:))Or if you would rather i call you akka or sis,i dont mind.But please be straightforward!
This is something beyond our hands,and what we can do is talk about things aggressively,that too,within ourselves forming sebveral forums and boards.But don't worry,our religion is far more powerful and people will realise the truth once they dont have tranquility in their lives.Religion gives people solace,no doubt about it.So,please dont worry.At some point in life,we'll know.
I'm sorry if you feel i'm boring you to death!I love philosophising and love talking about history and other things,as such.I'd love to be friends with you.Please tell me more about hobbies and interests.Are you in orkut?If you are,please tell me ur display name.I shall add you to my friends' list.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

Regards,
ranjani R

Don't blame the west entirely

Hi Ranjani,
Happy to have a buddy or a Thangai (I should say) like you.
You can call me however you like. I am not in orkut. Sorry abt that. But you can send me private message I suppose. I'm also eager to know you.
Reg our discussion, I will not blame the dominance of west entirely. Because it affects only the city people most, to be specific the people having any member of their family living in west. But we are spread around entire TN. What I feel is the Saasthrams and Sampradayams go on dilute as the generations go down. One should understand the real meaning and reason of any Saasthram and follow it not sticking to them upon our convenience.
Any comments?

Don't blame the West for everything!

Dear Ranjani:

I am sorry to barge in on your dialog with Kothai. However, on reading your posting about the West, I thought I should say a few words. We cannot blame the West for everything. There are quite a few good things from the West we could all learn. I was practically brought up in the West, so to speak; I have lived with/among them for many years and, so, I think I can speak with some authority. You are very harsh on the Western people. You cannot say that they are not affectionate! It appears you are judging them by YOUR value system! You say they are 'self-centered'; well, I am in Chennai now for the last few months; and it seems to me that people here are more self-centered than any westerner I know!! Believe me, I have been all over the world -- people are people .. all with the same aspirations, desires,... feelings are same .. In fact, I believe western people are more demonstrative in showing their affections than us -- here we don't even hug our children after a certain age!
I am going to quote an old native American (used to be called "American Indians" - but we all know they are NOT Indians!!) saying:
"Walk a mile in the other person's moccasin before you start criticizing him"

moccasin = native american word for any slipper/shoe.
Take care

It's indeed heartening to get a welcome message from one of the members.I feel elated!Thanks!

Well,i go with you in a way.Please remember that this condition has arose only because of our blindly following the west.The politicians play a key role,yes,but what comes before that is the kind of life(self-centered,I'd say) the people in the west live.They are not affectionate and dont believe in mushy affection(as people of gen y stupidly put) and live for none but themselves.They just dont care about anything or anybody!That kinda life,sadly,has been idolised by people here.While people in the west have started reseraching about the Vedas and the upanishads,we dont even know them,let alone research on them.I feel very bad that sucha condition prevails here and yes,though i cant say i'm much of a religious person,i beilieve strongly in our culture.We can't do anything,kothai(hope u dont mind my calling u by your name,as you are just a few years older than me:))Or if you would rather i call you akka or sis,i dont mind.But please be straightforward!
This is something beyond our hands,and what we can do is talk about things aggressively,that too,within ourselves forming sebveral forums and boards.But don't worry,our religion is far more powerful and people will realise the truth once they dont have tranquility in their lives.Religion gives people solace,no doubt about it.So,please dont worry.At some point in life,we'll know.
I'm sorry if you feel i'm boring you to death!I love philosophising and love talking about history and other things,as such.I'd love to be friends with you.Please tell me more about hobbies and interests.Are you in orkut?If you are,please tell me ur display name.I shall add you to my friends' list.

Look forward to getting to know you better.

Regards,
ranjani R

Last edited:
There are a couple of VCDs/DVDs available in the market that explain the basics of Sandhyavandanam, Abhivadhey et al and the correct ways to do them.

A friend of mine is visiting India this May, can you please tell me where is it available? under what names? I can ask my brothers to buy them and send it over to me. Perhaps my son will benefit in the future as well.

Sincerely

Krish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back