• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Medicine as a career choice for TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri Kiruku,
Please sir, call me kiruku as my late mother used to call me. No need for Shri.
Please note 80 lakhs for a reputed private college is a good deal. About 15-20 years back it was about 40-60 lakhs. And even then, i know a guy who paid 70 lakhs for a MBBS admission (his dad owns a large hospital, that’s why). He was no good in school, but put in solid effort in MBBS and later studied cleared PLAB to study in the UK.
Thanks for your detailed response. Quite informative on a number of fronts.
The discussion, we were having, was whether paying that much money is worthwhile or not. I suspected that it may be for family businesses - did not know for fresh entrants in to the field.
I am not in the medical field so have very little idea about what is going on in the field (let alone what is going on in India).

Regards

Got admission!

Just letting all know that the girl got admisson after her parents paid 20 lakhs (They can afford it!). The girl is very happy and the parents are relieved.
Thanks for all helpful comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back