• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage cancelled by bride family citing groom is doing Sandhya vandhanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure Prabhas and Rana are virgins? Or are females not entitled to any virgins?

When we go for a job interview we are asked about experience..when we hire a lawyer we seek to choose an experienced one..then when we are choosing a teacher or doctor we also choose an experienced one.

Why when it comes to a liasion alone we should choose a Newbie?

Who the heck wants a Virgin?

So Prabhas and Rana types up in heaven would be more attractive if they were not virgins.

Its only males that are obssesed with Virginity of females.

Most females directly view the Atma!LOL

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by renuka
"Time is running out..better finish Quran too before Imam Mahadi comes."

Response by zebra 16:

"Hadith after Quran......?"

Dear zebra16:

Fret not.

The Koran can be mastered in the twinkling of an eye, as I have done. No hearsay, but first-person eye-witness truth. It contains pearls such as:-

The Cow 2:224 - Women are your fields! Go, then into your fields whenever you please.

The Cow 2:190-193 - Fight for the sake of God those that fight against you. Slay them wherever you find them. Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme.

Sad 38.51 - The righteous shall return to a blessed retreat: the Garden of Eden, whose gates shall open wide to receive them. Reclining there with bashful virgins for companions, they will call for abundant fruit and drink.

The Merciful 55.52-68 - (For those who fear the majesty of the Lord) there shall be (in Heaven) couches lined with thick brocade and within reach hang fruits. Therein are bashful virgins whom neither man nor jinn have touched before. Virgins as fair as corals and rubies. There shall be two gardens of darkest green. In each there shall be virgins chaste and fair. Dark-eyed HOURIS sheltered in their tents whom neither man nor jinn have touched before. They shall recline on green cushions and fine carpets. Which of your Lord's blessings would you deny (i.e. refuse)?

The Confederate Tribes 33:26 - He brought down from their strongholds those who had supported them (the unbelievers) from among the People of the Book (i.e. the Jews of Bani Qurayzah) so that some you slew (all males) and others you took captive (all women and girls).

The Dhammapada will take a bit longer. In it you will find aphorisms such as:-

na braahmana pakareyya naassa muncheta

braahmano dhee braahmanassa hanthaaram

thatho dhee y'assa munchathi

(a brahmana would not attack a brahmana, nor let loose wrath upon him. Shame on one who strikes a brahmana, and greater shame on one who lets loose wrath upon him.)

Mastering the Torah and the Tanukh will take a couple of days. In them you will find God (Jehovah)'s order to Moses from behind the burning bush:

Exodus 3.5 - Remove thy shoes from off they feet, for thou standest on holy ground.

The Apocrypha will take a minute to master. In it you will find in "The History of Susanna: The Elders" a curious account of the stoning to death under Jewish law of an adulteress based on the testimony of a couple of old men whose blandishments she rejected.

The Christian Bible (not quite the same as the Jewish Torah and Tanukh but longer) will take about a week. Itrelates the origin of the Jewish custom of the younger brother sleeping with his dead elder brother's widow to "raise up seed" to the dead man (Genesis 38.8); plus the curious conception of Moab and of Ammon (Genesis 19.30-38); and prohibition of homosexuality and bestiality by men and women (Leviticus 18.23).

The Four Gospels by Saints Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (also called The Life of Christ) will take less than an hour. Theymention Jesus Christ's mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Immaculate Conception, and his brothers and sisters "standing without" and desiring to speak with sermonising Jesus (Matthew 13.46-49, 14.55-56), (Luke 8.19-20). He disowns them.

Seriously studying the Nit-nem and the Sacred Sukhmani of the Sikhs will take another couple of days.

No study of the Koran will be complete without the study, at least in parallel, of "The Shia Revival" by Vali Nasr (describing the great Battle of Karbala in 680 CE, the martyrdom of Husayn, son of the Caliph Ali, and grandson of the Prophet), "Baha'u'llah and the New Order" by J E Esselmont, "Muhammad" by Martin Lings, and "The Sword of The Prophet" by Serge Trifkovic.

For supplementary reading, you might wish to peruse "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Friedrich Nietsche.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by renuka
"Time is running out..better finish Quran too before Imam Mahadi comes."

Response by zebra 16:

"Hadith after Quran......?"

Dear zebra16:

Fret not.

The Koran can be mastered in the twinkling of an eye, as I have done. No hearsay, but first-person eye-witness truth. It contains pearls such as:-

The Cow 2:224 - Women are your fields! Go, then into your fields whenever you please.

The Cow 2:190-193 - Fight for the sake of God those that fight against you. Slay them wherever you find them. Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme.

Sad 38.51 - The righteous shall return to a blessed retreat: the Garden of Eden, whose gates shall open wide to receive them. Reclining there with bashful virgins for companions, they will call for abundant fruit and drink.

The Merciful 55.52-68 - (For those who fear the majesty of the Lord) there shall be (in Heaven) couches lined with thick brocade and within reach hang fruits. Therein are bashful virgins whom neither man nor jinn have touched before. Virgins as fair as corals and rubies. There shall be two gardens of darkest green. In each there shall be virgins chaste and fair. Dark-eyed HOURIS sheltered in their tents whom neither man nor jinn have touched before. They shall recline on green cushions and fine carpets. Which of your Lord's blessings would you deny (i.e. refuse)?

The Confederate Tribes 33:26 - He brought down from their strongholds those who had supported them (the unbelievers) from among the People of the Book (i.e. the Jews of Bani Qurayzah) so that some you slew (all males) and others you took captive (all women and girls).

The Dhammapada will take a bit longer. In it you will find aphorisms such as:-

na braahmana pakareyya naassa muncheta

braahmano dhee braahmanassa hanthaaram

thatho dhee y'assa munchathi

(a brahmana would not attack a brahmana, nor let loose wrath upon him. Shame on one who strikes a brahmana, and greater shame on one who lets loose wrath upon him.)

Mastering the Torah and the Tanukh will take a couple of days. In them you will find God (Jehovah)'s order to Moses from behind the burning bush:

Exodus 3.5 - Remove thy shoes from off they feet, for thou standest on holy ground.

The Apocrypha will take a minute to master. In it you will find in "The History of Susanna: The Elders" a curious account of the stoning to death under Jewish law of an adulteress based on the testimony of a couple of old men whose blandishments she rejected.

The Christian Bible (not quite the same as the Jewish Torah and Tanukh but longer) will take about a week. Itrelates the origin of the Jewish custom of the younger brother sleeping with his dead elder brother's widow to "raise up seed" to the dead man (Genesis 38.8); plus the curious conception of Moab and of Ammon (Genesis 19.30-38); and prohibition of homosexuality and bestiality by men and women (Leviticus 18.23).

The Four Gospels by Saints Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John (also called The Life of Christ) will take less than an hour. Theymention Jesus Christ's mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Immaculate Conception, and his brothers and sisters "standing without" and desiring to speak with sermonising Jesus (Matthew 13.46-49, 14.55-56), (Luke 8.19-20). He disowns them.

Seriously studying the Nit-nem and the Sacred Sukhmani of the Sikhs will take another couple of days.

No study of the Koran will be complete without the study, at least in parallel, of "The Shia Revival" by Vali Nasr (describing the great Battle of Karbala in 680 CE, the martyrdom of Husayn, son of the Caliph Ali, and grandson of the Prophet), "Baha'u'llah and the New Order" by J E Esselmont, "Muhammad" by Martin Lings, and "The Sword of The Prophet" by Serge Trifkovic.

For supplementary reading, you might wish to peruse "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" by Friedrich Nietsche.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Copy and paste is so easy.

Try reading any religious text be it Quran or Vedas or any other in its original language.

Reading a translation is no big deal.

Sit down..learn and read and write the original languages..
Commit to memory all that too in their original language
.write the original script...write the grammatical analysis of each verse...word for word..applying all grammar rules then re write it in prose form.

If you can do that only then you can claim to be a master of some.
Copy and paste is master of none.

All religious texts are deep in meaning and has gramatical excellence that needs effort and
Dedication to master.

Vidhwans learn..not just copy and paste.
If one really learns any religious text of any religion one knows that its not possible to finish all in a life time unless one searches for select verses to gain self pleasure of reading about Virgins or Apsaras in aerial cars in heaven.

Last edited:
Sit down..learn and read and write the original languages..
Commit to memory all that too in their original language
.write the original script...write the grammatical analysis of each verse...word for word..applying all grammar rules then re write it in prose form.

If you can do that only then you can claim to be a master of some.

There is certainly no ban on copy and pasting materials in this Forum

It is more important to go through the content and weigh its value, authentication, source, etc and discuss.

If everyone has to learn original language of the holy texts and then come here to comment, it is definitely not possible

I can say at least in this Forum there may not be any member who has mastered all the languages viz Sanskrit, Hebrew and Arabic and come here to argue. I think the poster herself will NOT be eligible on that ground.

Unfortunately, we don't have Raja Ram Mohan Rai, who mastered all the three languages and gone the through original texts to participate in this Forum discussions.

Like copy and pasting..... it is also easy to advise others in this Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sri Zebra16

My post was addressed to you.

It is interesting to know that there still exist "proffessional" expertise in thrusting antediluvian probosces into two-way correspondence in attempts to tutor grandmothers how to suck eggs.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

There is certainly no ban on copy and pasting materials in this Forum

It is more important to go through the content and weigh its value, authentication, source, etc and discuss.

If everyone has to learn original language of the holy texts and then come here to comment, it is definitely not possible

I can say at least in this Forum there may not be any member who has mastered all the languages viz Sanskrit, Hebrew and Arabic and come here to argue. I think the poster herself will NOT be eligible on that ground.

Unfortunately we don't have Raja Ram Mohan Rai, who mastered all the three languages and gone the through original texts to participate in this Forum discussions.

Like copy and pasting..... it is also easy to advise others in this Forum.

.. I read and write both Sanskrit and Modern Standard Arabic.

I dont call myself a Vidhwan but if I want to read a religious text of any religion...I study the language in detail so that nothing is lost in translation and also as a form of respect to a religion to read text in original language.

Hebrew I do not know yet.
Who knows in future I might be keen to learn it.

There is ample time to learn anything before death comes knocking.

For you I recommend the language of silence.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Zebra16

It is interesting to know that there still exist "proffessional" expertise in thrusting antediluvian probosces into two-way correspondence in attempts to tutor grandmothers how to suck eggs.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

LOL...Non veg(mamsahaari) grandma?

Narayana!

Last edited:
Dear Sri Zebra16

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

While we close our eyes to Veda-haters who publicly tar sandhya vandanam as MUMBO JUMBO.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Sri S N Iyer,

You said that I was nit-picking and I dropped the point because there is not much to gain to be talking on the periphery.

But why would you do the same by using double quotes for an ordinary typo of "proffessional" and do the same all over again beats me. There is a typo in the quoted "proffessional" too but lets leave it at that.

I also refuse to accept Dr Renuka or Sri Prasad1 or Smt RR as "veda haters" because I have seen their participation in various threads in the past and have inter-acted with them long enough to know that they are NOT that.

Their differences of opinion with some of the conservatives can hardly be classified to be in the "veda haters" labelling. You have not probably gone through the archives of posts by "ivy league of anti-TBs" who were vociferous posters in this forum. And to be truthful, the defenders of vedas in our forum were not sufficiently well-versed in vedas and it took some amount of pinch-hitting by Dr. Renuka and Sri Prasad1 and some nuanced postings by Smt RR (more about cultural aspects of Tamil Brahmins especially about issues affecting TB women) and some very deft interventions by the super moderators led by Sri Praveen to hold this forum together.

Dear Narayan Sir,

Thank you very much! :)

Dear Sri S N Iyer,

You said that I was nit-picking and I dropped the point because there is not much to gain to be talking on the periphery.

But why would you do the same by using double quotes for an ordinary typo of "proffessional" and do the same all over again beats me. There is a typo in the quoted "proffessional" too but lets leave it at that.

I also refuse to accept Dr Renuka or Sri Prasad1 or Smt RR as "veda haters" because I have seen their participation in various threads in the past and have inter-acted with them long enough to know that they are NOT that.

Their differences of opinion with some of the conservatives can hardly be classified to be in the "veda haters" labelling. You have not probably gone through the archives of posts by "ivy league of anti-TBs" who were vociferous posters in this forum. And to be truthful, the defenders of vedas in our forum were not sufficiently well-versed in vedas and it took some amount of pinch-hitting by Dr. Renuka and Sri Prasad1 and some nuanced postings by Smt RR (more about cultural aspects of Tamil Brahmins especially about issues affecting TB women) and some very deft interventions by the super moderators led by Sri Praveen to hold this forum together.

Thank you.

.. I read and write both Sanskrit and Modern Standard Arabic.

I dont call myself a Vidhwan but if I want to read a religious text of any religion...I study the language in detail so that nothing is lost in translation and also as a form of respect to a religion to read text in original language.

Hebrew I do not know yet.
Who knows in future I might be keen to learn it.

There is ample time to learn anything before death comes knocking.

For you I recommend the language of silence.

How can you be a Vidhwan, when you are really a Vidushi?

BTW I like your characterization as a pinch-hitter, though I didn't know you were good at either pinching or hitting. :)

Dear Sri S N Iyer,

Thank you Sir.

Dear Sri Zebra 16

Thanks for your response. You quote me as saying:-

"We close our eyes to Veda-haters who publicly tar sandhya vandanam as MUMBO JUMBO."

You go on to say:-

"I also refuse to accept Dr Renuka or Sri Prasad1 or Smt RR as 'veda haters'."

Dear Sri Zebra 16, in response to an open challenge by Sri Prasad1, I have already identified as an anti-Brahminist the individual -- a male -- who publicly labelled as MUMBO JUMBO our thri-kaala sandhya-vandanam which involves chanting sacred Veda-manthrams solemnly imparted during Upanayanam. This Veda-hater was not Sri Prasad1. My post was deleted. In another post I identified another anti-Brahminist. That, too was deleted. QED. No more naming anti-Brahminists.

It might very well be that others revel in tarring as MUMBO JUMBO our Vedams, our smruthis, our puranaams, our shaasthrams, indeed the entire corpus of religious learning including jyothisham (Vedic astrology), plus our samskaarams, our devatha-rishi-pithru-manushya-bhootha aaraadhanas, our annual pithru-shraaddhams, our pilgrimmages to Gaya, Kaashi, Prayaaga to perform ancestral rites, our upakarmas.

And others might exist who detest even the very idea of Brahmins actively practising their faith, customs, traditions, rites, rituals, celebrating festivals, preserving learning and values handed down through the generations. We have seen Vinayaka Chathurthi mocked; the Puranic story of the mother of Lord Parasurama, the sixth avathaaram of Bhagavaan Lord Maha Vishnu, dismissed as an anti-women invention by male chauvinists, and even the Bhagavath Geetha tarnished by attacking Sri Krishna's devotee Arjuna as a stuntsman.

So long as these folk do not issue provocative statements but keep their simmering sentiments within themselves, I shall not feel impelled to respond. If they have a right to lead lives as they wish, so have I. "Nemo me impune lacessit."

My last post addressed to you was prompted by your indicating an apparent interest in studying the Koran to be followed by studying the Hadiths. So I merely wanted to give you a foretaste of what is in store. Two more authentic Koranic pearls:-

The Confederate Tribes 33.50 - Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives to whom you have granted dowries and the slave-girls whom God has given you as booty; the daughters of your paternal and maternal uncles and of your paternal and maternal aunts, and any believing woman who gives herself to you and whom you wish to marry.

Women 4.34 - Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts..... As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action.

"Who but one's own self can get rid of the bondage caused by the fetters of ignorance (of our own nature as the blissful Self), desire, action and the like, aye, even in a hundred crore of cycles (duration of the evolved universe)?" - Viveka Choodaamani slokam 55.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

So long as these folk do not issue provocative statements but keep their simmering sentiments within themselves, I shall not feel impelled to respond. If they have a right to lead lives as they wish, so have I. "Nemo me impune lacessit."

Well said....:)

It is mahaalaya npaksham. Am doing pithru-kriyas in the prescribed manner.

Just returned from Sivan Temple after taking part, along with more than 100 others, in Maha-Rudram, scheduled for today and tomorrow.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Since this thread is in 'Chit Chat' chances are not that much bright for serious actions

In 'Chit chat' you can talk freely about anything you like but following ethics

<do not test the moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
Jai Shankar/ falcon or what ever your name. You are on dangerous grounds.

You are being warned, and penalised.

Last edited:
Those who question our Vedams do not know, much less accept, Chamakam, having forsaken their ancestral learning. (I once used the expression "You are skating on thin ice" against a detractor. It had no greater effect than fine rain on a pachyderm's prushtam.)

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Shri Narayana Iyer,
I have been following this thread for some time and read almost all posts. We all understand your POV and your reservation against replies received against them. However repeatedly pointing out the same thing again and again is not going to serve any purpose. I know you posses enormous knowledge. Instead of wasting your time and energy on repeatedly explaining something which every one knows, please put your efforts on sharing your vast experience on various fields which could be more useful and productive from the forum's perspective.

Dear Narayan Iyer ji...you had written the above...

It has to work both ways..so may be we can agree upon this Surah.
Surah 109.6

[109.6] To you be your way and to me mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back