• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage cancelled by bride family citing groom is doing Sandhya vandhanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently came across a bizarre case...The Iyer girl based in US wants to do her wedding to a US White on a Saturday..Reason her friends can come for the marriage..Her parents have refused to go for the Marriage if done on a Saturday...The girl (Incidentally she is the only child to her parents) is saying nothing doing!! Parents are distraught on hearing this!!

So what is wrong with her request (Or demand). I have attended so many Saturday weddings. I think the parents are superstitious. Saturday is as good as any other day. In Andra, it is called Stirvaram. Telegu people do start things on Saturday.
Saturday is convenient in the USA as it is a weekend.

I recently came across a bizarre case...The Iyer girl based in US wants to do her wedding to a US White on a Saturday..Reason her friends can come for the marriage..Her parents have refused to go for the Marriage if done on a Saturday...The girl (Incidentally she is the only child to her parents) is saying nothing doing!! Parents are distraught on hearing this!!

LOL.

I still remember I got married on a Thursday and only 2 friends attended cos others could not get leave.

I wanted a Saturday wedding like most others have so that friends can attend but my father said NO.

My mum and dad have a Saturday and Tuesday phobia.

Well..I still remember my friends asking me why I could not choose a Saturday..I replied well..My dad said No..what can I do.

I have attended so many Saturday weddings. I think the parents are superstitious. Saturday is as good as any other day. In Andra, it is called Stirvaram. Telegu people do start things on Saturday.

[h=1][FONT=&quot]In that case even calling Sani Varam as Sthiravaram mayalso be a superstition.[/FONT][/h][h=1][FONT=&quot]Though each day is a good day, each day is believed to have a unique orspecial quality something like influence.[/FONT][/h][h=1][FONT=&quot]Sani’s name in fact means ‘slow moving one’. May be it is this steady and continuous movementfound favourable and acceptable for most. Hence, they may call Saturday asSthiravaram.[/FONT][/h][h=1][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/h]

You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.... Rosa Parks.

Dear Jai Shankar Ji...Nice qoute you have.

Rosa Parks the African American fearless lady was one of the ancestors of Hollywood actor Johnny Depp.

You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.... Rosa Parks.

Dear Jai Shankar Ji...Nice qoute you have.

Rosa Parks the African American fearless lady was one of the ancestors of Hollywood actor Johnny Depp.

Thank you Doctor Mam. :)

[h=1]As for Rosa Parks, you are right. She was called the first lady of civil rights and the mother of the freedom movement.[/h][h=1]I am an old wine in new bottle…[/h][h=1]Bottle may change for every season/trend/passion, but not the spirit..[/h]

Rejecting a boy for practising sandya vandanam is wise for some. This is not sandyavandam getting rejected but an orthodox mindset of a person practising such rituals.

Having to live with such a person is a tall order.Nor I can take a person sporting caste signs and threads or kudumis. All these belong to a different era and do not reflect

modern way of living.Brahmin community needs to move with the times. A new order based on equality of castes, gender, religion is desirable for good and happy living.

Would we see more of these in our lifetime?

hi

weekend marriages part of american culture...even sunday evening RAHU KAALAM weddings are very common in USA...

hi

weekend marriages part of american culture...even sunday evening RAHU KAALAM weddings are very common in USA...

Sikhs get married on Sundays by 12pm..they seem fine.

I feel we Hindus get worked up too much yet we can see for ourselves matching horoscopes...good timings same caste arranged marriage too land in divorce...this should open our eyes that we cant really predict any mannangatti finally.

I doubt whether this story is true and might be just cooked up to create some sensationalism .This story is being very much circulated in whatsapp .

I remember the 'story' that a banned member posted in our dear forum, with a new user name ''Ha--ni Iyer''!

She swore that she was in love with a colleague, who was very much older to her and wanted the 'advice' from
our forum members! Ultimately, that thread was closed and she was banned again!! :lock1:

I hope Renu remembers this. :)

I remember the 'story' that a banned member posted in our dear forum, with a new user name ''Ha--ni Iyer''!

She swore that she was in love with a colleague, who was very much older to her and wanted the 'advice' from
our forum members! Ultimately, that thread was closed and she was banned again!! :lock1:

I hope Renu remembers this. :)

Dear RR ji...how could I ever forget that...everyone was in lovvvu..One member almost proposed!!LOL

I doubt whether this story is true and might be just cooked up to create some sensationalism .This story is being very much circulated in whatsapp .

Ought to be true..I myself has experienced...I heard a Tam Brahm Mami screaming that for her foreign educated daughter there are many boys coming with horoscope and saying that they can recite Vishnu Sahasra namam...What are they going to do with that was her angry retort..Will it fetch them a handsome dollar earning job with that?

Ought to be true..I myself has experienced...I heard a Tam Brahm Mami screaming that for her foreign educated daughter there are many boys coming with horoscope and saying that they can recite Vishnu Sahasra namam...What are they going to do with that was her angry retort..Will it fetch them a handsome dollar earning job with that?

Vganeji,
It means your original post was not clear.

Let me assume the following in your original story.
The Girl is brought in the USA, and lives in the USA.
The boy is an uneducated Brahmin boy doing his Sandyanavadam.
The girl found out the Charade he was trying to pull and rightly called off the wedding.

Who will argue with the girl's decision?

The boy's parent went to FB, or Watsapp and circulated this story painting the boy as a victim.

Dear RR ji...how could I ever forget that...everyone was in lovvvu..One member almost proposed!!LOL

Wow, when was this? I do not remember participating in the thread. Proposals in an open forum... interesting. Who was naive enough to do that?

Re. the OP. Yes, it is one side of the story only and we do not know what really happened. So here is my spin.

Generally, I have found that girls tend to presume that anyone dressed in a trendy way...cool t-shirts, fashionable stuff etc., are modernized. That is to say the girls believe that the boys are not hung onto the real stories behind rituals or practices... like believing that the satyavan-savitri story to be true, or the snake swallowing the moon, or the ekadasi/sivaratri/pradosham stuff etc... Generally tb-boys who may seem well dressed and cute on the outside may turn to be persons lacking practical common sense. They may even speak fluent yuppie english with "dude" interspersed in between, but when it comes to religious practices, it would seem that a switch has turned off their modernity and their ultra-cool look.

This probably represents a dichotomy in the boy's outlook, and may be hazardous for the girl (if she were the non-traditional type) later in life. These boys are best avoided.

Wow, when was this? I do not remember participating in the thread. Proposals in an open forum... interesting. Who was naive enough to do that?

I think it happened before you joined.

So many Mamas " fell in Lovvu "with a member who was actually just using a different ID and acting like a savior to prevent decline of Brahmana Dharma.

That time RR Jis posts and my posts were getting it left right and center from many others who were in Lovvu with the Savior.

One young member too was head over heels..almost proposed..RR ji and I thought it would be Forums 1st marriage!!
...Then everyone got a K**D (punjabi word) when.they later found out it wasnt their dream girl after all but a nemesis..who by then blew her cover.

For 1 week some members avoided forum becos of a broken heart..at least Thank God that member was not a male disguising as female.

I cant stop laughing typing this.

Last edited:
......... I cant stop laughing typing this.
I too can't stop laughing, reading what you have written, Renu!

I also remember my sis telling me that one 'H' turned horizontal in her dream, into 'I' and she could spot the person in disguise!! :spy:

Vganeji,
It means your original post was not clear.

Let me assume the following in your original story.
The Girl is brought in the USA, and lives in the USA.
The boy is an uneducated Brahmin boy doing his Sandyanavadam.
The girl found out the Charade he was trying to pull and rightly called off the wedding.

Who will argue with the girl's decision?

The boy's parent went to FB, or Watsapp and circulated this story painting the boy as a victim.

My OP source is the Facebook message...Looking at the anguish in the post I had posted it..

My post was to do with educated well to do boys TB parents tom tomming that their son recites VS in his bio data which foreign educated TB brides may not want (or relish?)..It was a retort to another post which said that may be OP was cooked up!! I am saying it is not cooked up but this is what is happening!

Vganeji,
I have no doubt that you post what you think is the "truth" just as most of do.
But FB, twitter, and other social media are used by some people to advance their false notions.

Sometimes we have to fact check the social media post, sometimes even the regular media fails us.

....... Sometimes we have to fact check the social media post, sometimes even the regular media fails us.
It is true that false stories and facts circulate on the web! But, most of the modern girls want to visit temples with periods,

don't like to prostrate before elders and hate cooking and serving people - especially the in-laws! :(

Ability to recite mantras or sahasranamams does not have anything to do with a good marriage.

Even I can recite quite a lot of stuff and sing about more than 50 bhajans from memory but I do not think its would make me a better wife.

Religious knowledge is just a matter of personal interest..its not going to enhance marriage in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back