• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Let us value honesty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us salute Dinesh Kumar a cabbie of Madurai for his honesty Tourist Gets Back Rs 10K, Mobile; Cab Driver Awarded for Honesty By Express News Service
Published: 16th December 2014 At a time when taxi drivers are making headlines for all the wrong reasons in the country, a 24-year-old driver has been felicitated here on Monday for displaying honesty by returning valuables left in his cab by a foreign tourist. The Forum for Concern for Others presented the driver with a cash reward in recognition of his integrity.

Stephen J Muthu, founder director of the forum said, “As my friend Amandine Huet, had to catch an early morning train to Chennai, I had called a taxi service provider to take her to the junction from Valaithopu.”

M-Dinesh-Kumar.jpg
M Dinesh Kumar M Dinesh Kumar, a cabbie, received Huet at 4.30 am and dropped her at the station. However, Huet left her purse containing `10,200 and a smartphone in the cab, Muthu said.“Dinesh called back to inform me about it. He could have taken the valuables but he came forward to return those,” Muthu said.
Expressing happiness, Dinesh said, “There have been many occasions when I returned valuables to passengers. Every time I got ‘thanks’. This time around, I feel happy for such a warm recognition.” Tourist Gets Back Rs 10K, Mobile; Cab Driver Awarded for Honesty - The New Indian Express

A really praise worthy effort by Italian student Andrea in Abudhabi

Studenthonoured by Abu Dhabi Police for his honesty
The National staff
December 7, 2014Updated: December 7,2014 06:05 PM

Abu Dhabi Police have honoured an Italian student for showing honesty by turning in a wallet he had found in a taxi.
Andrea, a Grade 8 student at Lycce Louis Massignon School, found a tourist’s wallet, which contained cash, identity and bank cards and turned it into the Tourism Police.
Col Dr Rashid Bourshid, director of CID at Abu Dhabi Police, presented the 16-year-old with a certificate of appreciation and a symbolic gift for his honesty.
Student honoured by Abu Dhabi Police for his honesty | The National

A real change in my thinking! Poverty and dishonesty haveno correlation! Appreciate Anikhet Bhoir and Monali Adari for the honesty
Honesty even in poverty: Two slum kids find, return bagwith Rs 80,000

Dec 7, 2014

Bhiwandi (MUMBAI): Aniket Bhoir, 12, and Monali Adari, 11, live in a slum andtheir parents just about manage to make ends meet. But when the two schoolkidschanced upon a bag containing Rs 80,000 on their way home, their only thoughtwas that someone, somewhere must be looking very hard for it.

Aniket and Monali enlisted their parents' help to trace the owner, who turnedout to be a retired teacher.

The duo were walking back home to Ambika Nagar on Monday when they found a baglying by the roadside. They opened it and found documents and cash in Rs 100and Rs 500 denomination.
"After coming across the large sum, we realized that someone had lost hisbag. Both of us made a resolve to find the rightful owner and return it. Wewent home and told our parents about the cash," said Aniket, who studiesin class VII in a municipal school.

Monali's father, Sadu, searched the bag and found a passbook belonging to AfzalKhan. He borrowed a cellphone from a neighbour and gave missed calls on thenumbers mentioned in the passbook. Khan later returned the call and found outabout the bag. "I am happy that my daughter and her friend chose to behonest and tell us about the incident. They also urged us to help in the searchof the owner," said Sadu.

Sadu is employed as a security guard in the Bhiwandi-Nizampura municipalcorporation and his wife works as a domestic help. Monali studies in class V inthe same school as Aniket whose parents are daily wage labourers.

After getting back his bag, Khan offered the families Rs 100 each as a token ofappreciation. As news of the kids' good deed started doing the rounds in thecity, locals, public representatives, and their teachers made a beeline totheir homes.

On Wednesday, Raju Gajangi, the president of the civic body's educationcommittee felicitated both the children.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Honesty-even-in-poverty-Two-slum-kids-find-return-bag-with-Rs-80000/articleshow/45400284.cms

Last edited:
No cashier at this honest store in Idigarai in Tamil Nadu...Appreciate this initiative!

No cashier at this ‘honest store’

The Hindu

School students select stationery they need and drop payment in a hundi
An ‘honest store’ was recently inaugurated by CRI Pumps at the Government High School at Idigarai.
The school is among the nine Government and Panchayat Union Schools in and around the city adopted by the company for a period of five years, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives, under the ‘School Improvement Programme’.
The honest store is aimed at promoting the quality of honesty among children.
The store will have the stationery materials such as notebooks, pencils, pens, erasers, papers and maps displayed exclusively for the students. The items will be displayed on a table and will be priced reasonably.
Interestingly it does not have a storekeeper or someone to supervise the purchase. In addition to a table, a price list of the items, storage cabinets and a hundi are the only other items at the store.
Students will have easy access to the shop, where they can pick up the stationery and drop the money (as mentioned in the list) in the cash box (hundi).
This store is open from 10 a.m. 2 p.m. on regular weekdays and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. during examinations.
Closing of the stock will be done at the end of the day. The exercise will help students become more responsible, and also develop trust and leadership qualities.
The store will be run by the school’s Parents-Teachers’ Association and Old Students’ Forum, with the help of teachers and student volunteers.
Periodic review regarding the functioning of the shop will be jointly done by the school and the company to ascertain the effectiveness of the project and to carry out corrective measures – wherever required. Recurring expenditure of the project will be met by CRI Pumps.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Coimbatore/no-cashier-at-this-honest-store/article6667665.ece

Last edited:
ஆட்டோவில் பயணி தவற விட்ட நகையை போலீசில் ஒப்படைத்த டிரைவர்

திருவண்ணாமலை மாவட்டத்தைச் சேர்ந்தவர் தாமஸ் (42). ராணுவத்தில் பணி புரிகிறார். இவர் சென்னை அயனாவரம் ஐ.சி.எப். காலனியில் உள்ள உறவினர் வீட்டுக்கு மனைவி மரியாவுடன் வந்தார்.

கடந்த 4 நாட்களுக்கு முன்பு தி.நகரில் பொருள் வாங்க ஆட்டோவில் சென்றார். அப்போது ஆட்டோவில் தனது பையை தவற விட்டார். பையில் 3½ பவுன் நகை மற்றும் வங்கி ஏ.டி.எம்.கார்டுகள் இருந்தது. இது குறித்து தாமஸ் அயனாவரம் போலீசில் புகார் செய்தார்.

இந்த நிலையில் அயனாவரம் சீனிவாசன் நகரைச் சேர்ந்த ஆட்டோ டிரைவர் முருகேசன் அயனாவரம் போலீஸ் நிலையம் வந்து ‘‘தனது ஆட்டோவில் பை ஒன்று கிடந்ததாக கூறி அதனை ஒப்படைத்தார்.
முருகேசன் பள்ளி குழந்தைகளை ஆட்டோவில் ஏற்றிச் செல்வார். அதனால் குழந்தைகள் யாராவது ஆட்டோவில் தவறவிட்டு இருக்கலாம் என்று விசாரித்தார். எந்த தகவலும் கிடைக்காததால் நேற்று அயனாவரம் போலீசில் அதனை ஒப்படைத்தார்.

மேலும் படிக்க : ????????? ???? ??? ????? ????? ???????? ????????? ??????? || driver of the passenger auto and handed them to the police missed gold jewellery

Salute to auto driver N.Ramesh Kumar for his honesty!

Biker drops Rs 1 lakh, auto driver returns it - The Times of India
[h=1]Biker drops Rs 1 lakh, auto driver returns it[/h]TNN | Apr 8, 2015

CHENNAI: Setting an example of honesty, an auto driver returned a bag containing Rs 1.03 lakh which dropped off from a motorcycle on Vaidyanathan Bridge in Vyasarpadi on Wednesday afternoon.

N Ramesh Kumar, 36, of J J Nagar in Vyasarpadi was driving his auto on Vaidyanathan Bridge when he noticed a bag falling from a motorcycle in front of him. He stopped his auto to pick up the bag, and to his surprise found bundles of cash inside.

Before he could alert the biker the motorcycle sped away but Ramesh decided to chase the vehicle in his auto to return the money. "I followed the bike for about half a kilometer but I lost him after the motorcycle got down the bridge," Ramesh, adding, "As I couldn't find the owner, I decided to hand over the money to the police."

Ramesh also could not notice the registration number of the bike. But, he found a pamphlet inside the bag which had a contact number of a temple trust. On calling the number, he found that the money really belonged to them and subsequently he told them to collect the cash from the police station. The cash was handed over to Kallal Ayyanar temple trustee treasurer M R K Lingam, who came to the police station.

Lingam thanked Ramesh Kumar heartily for his honesty. The money, he said, belonged to the public and was meant to be used for noble cause.

The biker did not count the cash before putting it into the bag as he thought he would do that after reaching home.

Ramesh, who was also praised by the police officials, said, "I earn enough by driving my auto. I can bring up my children and provide for my family with it. But even if I had been in financial distress I would have never wanted to take other people's money. I am already earning what I need and there is no place of greed in my life. Life has taught me that money earned through illegal means brings misery."

Deputy commissioner, Pulianthope, R Sudhakar said the auto driver made a good example for all to follow and no appreciation was enough to thank the man for his honesty. Lingam left the police station in tears of joy after getting back the money, while Ramesh seemed lost of words after seeing the relief and joy his honesty had been able bring to the man.

Congrats to Andnet Zelekew of Qatar for the exemplary honesty!

8 April 2015
QNCC staffer rewarded for honesty

Andnet Zelekew, a cleaner at the Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC), has displayed exceptional honesty and integrity, by returning two diamond rings worth QR470,000 left behind in the Convention Centre’s washrooms.

“I applaud and thank Zelekew for her honesty and rectitude. QNCC believes in fostering a working environment that is loyal, secure and trusting. For this reason we believe that our employees always display exceptional integrity. By returning the diamond rings to their grateful owner, our valued employee has displayed the traits which we as an organisation, hold in the highest regard,” said Ken Jamieson, general manager, QNCC.

The incident occurred during the Doha Jewellery and Watches Exhibition held at the QNCC on February 24 this year.

The owner of the rings was delighted with the return of her two rings.

Zelekew has received the gratitude of the owner of the jewellery, the QNCC management as well as a substantial cash reward.

QNCC staffer rewarded for honesty

Let us compliment cabbie Mohammed Nissar for his honesty!

[h=1]Honest taxi driver hands back passenger's forgotten bag containing £10,000[/h] [h=2]Car dealer Adrian Quinn says cabbie Mohammed Nisar saved his business when he held onto large amount of cash for him at Walsall station[/h]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11517748/Honest-taxi-driver-hands-back-passengers-forgotten-bag-containing-10000.html

An oasis in the desert! Let us congratulate the honest auto drivers M.Dhanasekar, L.Vincent and S.Manohar for working sincerely as per the rule book! We need more of them

Honesty pays

Liffy Thomas April 4, 2015

05DCTBRM_INNER_WHE_2363552f.jpg

The Hindu
The three autorikshaw drivers who were honoured. Photo: K.V. Srinivasan

It’s one-and-a-half years since the State government made it mandatory for autorickshaw drivers to charge passengers by the metering device. It’s a widespread belief that not many autoriskshaw drivers in Chennai turn on this device. It’s also noticed that the resistance is pronounced in certain parts of the city.

Against this backdrop, Rajaji Sath Sangham, Nanganallur chapter and the Inner Wheel Club of Nanganallur have recognised three autorickshaw drivers — M. Dhanasekar, L. Vincent and S. Manohar — for charging only by the metre.

In a function last week, each of them was awarded the Rajaji Award of Excellence and a cash prize of Rs.1002.

M. Dhanasekar and L. Vincent ply in and around Nanganallur, where, reportedly, autorickshaw metres are rarely turned on. S. Manohar is employed with Namma Auto and is a resident of Teynampet.
“There are probably many others like these three who use the meter but we came across these three during our regular trips. By honouring them, we want to send out the message that honesty will be rewarded,” says K.R. Krishnan, president, Rajaji Sat Sangham. “We also plan to identify and honour more such auto drivers.”
M. Dhanasekhar quit his job at a leather company five years ago to drive an auto. “I was earning Rs. 18,000 at the leather company and driving the auto was fetching me more,” he says.
Dhanasekhar never used the meter until he was caught by the police and had to pay a heavy fine.
Now, going by the meter, Dhanasekhar earns a few thousands less than before but the thought that he abides by the rules compensates for it, he says. .
“Sometimes customers reward me after dropping them saying I did not ask for Rs. 10/20 more,” says Dhanasekhar who recently joined Ola’s auto service.
A resident of Kundrathur, Dhanasekhar advises other autorickshaw drivers to use the meter.
L. Vincent has got used to the abuses his fellow autorickshaw drivers hurl at him — for following the metre.
“I was also beaten up once. I am not allowed to wait at the stand. Many a time, they have forced customers to come out of my auto,” says Vincent.

All these things have not stopped Vincent from using the meter. He has a long list of clients who want his service.
“I carry a small notepad to pen down my schedules,” says the resident of BV Nagar, Nanganallur. He covers a distance of 120 km a day and travels across the city.
“I feel happy when a customer praises me for my honesty. This is what keeps me going,” says Vincent.

Honesty pays - The Hindu

Appreciate the honesty by the recycling worker Costica Nedelcu!

Recycling workers return €1,500 that was hidden in shoe

2015-04-02_new_8302108_I1.JPG

Costica Nedelcu of Panda found and returned €1,500 in cash belonging to a Panda customer with Alzheimer's who had hidden cash in an old shoe for safekeeping.

By David Kearns – 02 April 2015 03:00 AM
honest recycling workers returned €1,500 to a customer who mistakenly threw out the cash in a pair of old shoes.

The employees at Panda Recycling were surprised to discover the hidden stash as they were processing a skip used to clear out the home of a woman who has Alzheimer's Disease.
The money was found by worker Costica Nedelcu and returned by the company to a family member on Monday evening, said Panda Recycling spokesperson Paul O'Doherty.
"The member of staff was honest enough to report the money to his manager. It was easy enough to track down the family," said Mr O'Doherty.
The woman's daughter, who asked not to be named, said she was very grateful for getting the money back.
"It's a big relief and a pleasant surprise to get my mother's money back," she said.
"I'm very appreciative of Panda's honesty and professionalism in returning the cash."
"This is the second time in the last few months we've stumbled across a hidden wad of cash," said Mr O'Doherty. "It's important that people properly check items before they throw them into a skip.
"You'd be surprised by what valuables people toss out without realising it."
Previously, another Panda employee, Radu Hajdu, a Romanian national, discovered €2,775 at the company's recycling plant in Cappagh.
The honest worker was the toast of his colleagues when the money was returned to its rightful owner.
A woman whose father had recently died had used the skip to clear out his home. She was delighted with the honesty of the waste employees.
forget
Age Action's Eamon Timmins said it was a common occurrence for those with Alzheimer's to hide money and forget about it.
"We advise carers to be aware that valuables can be hidden in unexpected places so furniture or other unwanted items should be double-checked before being placed into skips," he said.

Recycling workers return ?1,500 that was hidden in shoe - Herald.ie

Wow! Let us congratulate the 4 year old kid for the honesty!

Girl, 4, returns envelope with Dh13,000 in it; honoured for honesty

Pakistan Association in Dubai honours community members to mark National Day

• 824380666.jpg
    Asif Durrani, Ambassador of Pakistan to the UAE, Zia Ul Hasan, President of the Pakistan Association, and Jave Image Credit: Clint Egbert/Gulf News
  • 4202684255.jpg
  • Asif Durrani, Ambassador of Pakistan to the UAE, Zia Ul Hasan, President of the Pakistan Association, and Jave
  • Image Credit: Clint Egbert/Gulf News

March 28, 2015
Ashfaq Ahmed, Deputy Editor UAE

Dubai: Four-year-old Qurratulain never knew she would be honoured in front of hundreds for an honest deed.
The kindergarten pupil at Pakistan Islamic Higher Secondary School in Sharjah was recognised on Friday after she returned an envelope containing Dh13,000 (about $3,515) which she found on the street -- and made sure that it was returned to its rightful owner.
The girl’s father, Atiq-Ur Rehman, told Gulf News that his daughter is in the habit of picking up pieces of papers which have Arabic writing on them, thinking it might be verses from the Quran.
And that's how she picked up the envelope from the street as she was going to school with her mother early one morning. As it turned out, the girl had found Arabic writing on the envelope's cover.
Qurratulain gave the envelope to her mother saying that she should take care of it.
Her mother was startled when she found Dh13,000 in the envelope. She informed her husband and all of them went to the Buhaira police station in Sharjah to return the money.
Police found the person who had lost the money: an Arab student who had lost the cash meant to pay his school fee.
The police officer was very pleased with the girl and asked her if she wanted anything.
Police car ride
“I want a ride in the police car and a picture with a police uncle,” she said and was assured by the officer that her wish would be granted.
“My wife and I are very proud that my daughter was honoured for her honesty as it is a lesson for all children to follow in their life,” Rehman said and thanked the association for their recognition.
Qurratulain stood tall as Asif Ali Durrani, Pakistan Ambassador to the UAE, handed her the Pakistan Day Award for her honesty at a jampacked gathering organised on Friday by the Pakistan Association in Dubai (PAD) at its premises to mark the National Day of Pakistan.
A total of 12 Pakistani community members who excelled in their fields while working in the UAE were awarded.
Durrani also gave presented Pakistan Day awards to others who were selected by the PAD for their distinguished services.
They included Saher Shaikh, volunteer; Ashfaq Ahmed, journalist at Gulf News; Jameel Khan, journalist; Zamarud Khan, journalist; Zahoorul Islam, poet; Aisha Memon, student; Dr Mohammad Hamed Farooqi, Director Dubai Diabetic Centre; Rafiq Ahmad; finance professional; Abdul Gaffar Aboobaker Fancy, chartered accountant; Sajjad Haider, chartered accountant; and Alai Javid, nurse.
Dr Zia-Ul Hassan, president of the PAD, said that Pakistan Day Awards are the most prestigious honours for the community members who are chosen by the special committee formed by the association. The awards are given in recognition of individuals for their services in any field of interest reflecting a positive image of Pakistan in the UAE.

Girl, 4, returns envelope with Dh13,000 in it; honoured for honesty | GulfNews.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back