• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

knowing one's own Self .

drsundaram

Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi expounded to the world that one should know his/her true nature so as to be always happy and be free from suffering . We are not as what we think ourselves to be now . Shri Maithreyaa who lives in chennai & who is an ardent follower of Bhagavan Ramana is experientially living by the the preachings Of Bhagavan . He also speaks about" Naan "நான் t groups of seekers and his speeches are avalable n utubes,under " just Be Satsanghs " . Those who are interested in this path and want guidance may kindly reach out to Him at Phone:7019997606.

There is a slight risk on focusing on Kah Aham(Who Am I) format and on Self/"நான் concept.
In the quest for self realization its could lead to growth of Ego and Self gets replaced by a spike in EGO and bodily identification.

I have been noticing this risky trend among Non Dualistics school of thoughts especially when not guided well.

On the other hand the Dualistic school of thoughts do not focus on Self but rather focus on God.
Automatically one takes the back step and submits Self to God and Self/Ego etc would just fuse into the concept of God.

There is new term these days called the BMI.
Not the Body Mass Index that we know..but its the Body, Mind, Intellect for spiritual growth.

The claim is those who identify more with the body are best suited for Karma Yoga,
Those who identify more with the mind and bhava are best suited for Bhakti Yoga and those who are intellectually inclined are best suited for Jnaana yoga.

But to a great extent why divide everything into various paths?
Why not combine everything in various doses?

Karma Yoga..daily prayer, fasting, seva,charity, pilgrimage.
Bhakti Yoga...forming a heart to heart connection with God, Ananya Bhakti and Brotherhood of mankind.
Jnana Yoga....emphasis on education both worldly and spiritual/religious. Undertaking the study of religious text and learning the relevant languages related to it.

A holistic approach is always better than just picking one path.

There is a slight risk on focusing on Kah Aham(Who Am I) format and on Self/"நான் concept.
In the quest for self realization its could lead to growth of Ego and Self gets replaced by a spike in EGO and bodily identification.

I have been noticing this risky trend among Non Dualistics school of thoughts especially when not guided well.

On the other hand the Dualistic school of thoughts do not focus on Self but rather focus on God.
Automatically one takes the back step and submits Self to God and Self/Ego etc would just fuse into the concept of God.

There is new term these days called the BMI.
Not the Body Mass Index that we know..but its the Body, Mind, Intellect for spiritual growth.

The claim is those who identify more with the body are best suited for Karma Yoga,
Those who identify more with the mind and bhava are best suited for Bhakti Yoga and those who are intellectually inclined are best suited for Jnaana yoga.

But to a great extent why divide everything into various paths?
Why not combine everything in various doses?

Karma Yoga..daily prayer, fasting, seva,charity, pilgrimage.
Bhakti Yoga...forming a heart to heart connection with God, Ananya Bhakti and Brotherhood of mankind.
Jnana Yoga....emphasis on education both worldly and spiritual/religious. Undertaking the study of religious text and learning the relevant languages related to it.

A holistic approach is always better than just picking one path.

Well said, to add -

Karma yoga - do the right thing always, do NOT support Adharmam directly or indirectly, Do NOT justify killings, lunchings under any political pretext.

Good karma alone, will take you to path of God. Goodness alone takes you to path of God.

If you do good always, god will intervene and guide you on the path of salvation.

Logical, sensible, things to do but very difficult in today's times of Kali yugam !!

The BMI Chart

The BMI chart serves this purpose. The key to understand the BMI chart is to know that it covers the different levels. Below, I produce a modified version of Swamiji's BMI chart. The primary intention of this modification is for us to better understand and be able to think about this carefully. In some ways, our life is a series of experiences. To better understand these experiences, we need to understand them as components, just as we study plants, the BMI chart allows us to study the different experiences into its constituent parts. Here first, every experience is composed of three elements. First is the experiencer, the second is the object of experience and the third is the "experiencing," the relationship between the subject and the object. Lets walk through the BMI Chart carefully. In later chapters, Swamiji provides the definition of each of them.

Swamiji always had this chart, I heard him 50 years ago. I would not call it a new concept.

The subject we are discussing is beyond our comprehension, since nature has not provided Capacity for us to realise or express.

கண்டவர் விண்டிலர்
விண்டவர் கண்டிலர்

Those Who have seen, hasn't expressed.
Those who have expressed
hasn't seen it.

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj says his experience in the following words:

"On realization, you feel complete, fulfilled, free from the pleasure-pain complex, and yet not always able to explain what happened, why and how. You can put it only in negative terms: "Nothing is wrong with me any longer". It is only by comparison with the past that you know that you are out of it. Otherwise, you are just yourself. Don't try to convey it to others. If you can, it is not the real thing. Be silent and watch it expressing itself in action."

Perhaps, that's the most descriptive words anyone can give about the experience.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Latest ads

Back