• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Knowing the sakha or vedam belonging to

subramanyamca

Dear All,

In absence of father or any paternal contacts, it was assumed that our family may belong to sama vedam and all the necessary rituals from upanayanam and marriage were conducted on similar grounds.

I always had lack of assurance of belonging to sama vedam. While I sometimes have been of thinking that it may be alright to assume being part of sama vedam and not worry about the reliable proof - I thought I could use this forum to discuss and know if there is a reliable approach to assure the vedam I may belong to.

Thanks all for your time to read and contribute your thoughts,
Subramanyam.

hi

if you know your ancestral village or any father's relatives....you can trace your vedam....i belong to

sama vedam....i know my ancestral village/agraharam.....so my all thayathis are belong to sama vedam...

in fact whole village belong to same vedam..

Thanks for your reply.

All I know from my mother is I carry 'Calicut' as my middle name being the origin city of my father and their parents. Unfortunately, we don't have any one else now on father's side who can be traced or available.

my mother's cousins relate to sama vedam - but should it or could it be same for my father's side though they being from different family/origin tree?

Knowing the names of paternal family, how they do Sandyavandanam or Tharpanams or even family deity or Kuladeivatha can be of help. If your fathar owned land, then you can verify from Tashildar or VAO your ancestry.

Had your mother not told you? are you not doing aabthigam or Darpanam to your father? how was the marriage done without your vaadhyar. In each one of these conducted under your veda saka and gothram.

Latest ads

Back