• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does chanting mantras without knowing the meaning have the full benefit

Finally the one key point I want you all to keep coming back is -

why would tamil kings kings inscribe Sanskrit that too in Tamil Grantham script on all the temples in south india and south east Asia for over 2000 yrs ???And why would they inscribe Ramayana on all these victory temples and pillars where a so called Aryan Rama defeats a Tamil King ravanan ??? And rule in the name of ayuttya in south east Asia ?? Why would they write the defeats of their own King ravanan on the victory pillars ??? LOL.

if anyone says but max muller, but majority view, but the accepted theory is etc... Just go back to the above point...and think..you will get the answer...that Raman is Tamil King, only in Tamil Nadu and south Karnataka you have such shivaite vs Vaishnavites divide..you will not see this anywhere else in india, that's why all of the Sanskrit manuscripts were found only in south india, even the raja Bhojas Sanskrit texts were found in keralam not in Bihar,, etc..as per the British records.

why is it that we have Pandian kings in Tamil like the Pandavas in Mahabharata? Why is that we have a Manu needhi Cholan similar to King Manu of
Manusmriti?

How come you have gangavadi in Karnataka?? How come they were ruled by shivamara kings ?

How come in the Tamil sangam text in sivakamiyan sapatham, she says the kanada King has kidnapped her and her lover husband Tamil King Narasimha will come and rescue her ??? Isn't this Ramayanam???

LOL. I rest my case !!

To the leader of our forum - Madam Renukaji, ( sorry Praveen)

On the lighter side,

to clarify,

I did not write that Sanskrit has borrowed the syntax from Tamil, western researchers have said this. Infact they should have said that Sanskrit syntax is from European, but they could not lie as world renowned linguists, lol.

I did not write about Manu needhi Cholan, it is our ancient Tamils on temple scripts where they write about this great King and call him Manu,

i did not write tamil sangam texts and the one in particular, sivaklamiyan sapatham, where she writes Kannada King kidnapped her and her lover Tamil King will come and rescue her. How dare a Dravida Tamil write this ? Isn't Sita supposedly European German Aryan race ?? LOL.

i did not write that chola, Pandya, Chera are 3 major Tamil kings that rules for centuries.

I did did not write about gangavadi, this place still exists in katanataka and people can visit this,

I did not write that all Sanskrit manuscripts were found only in Tamil Grantham in south india, it was the British. Credit goes to our Iyer Swaminathan for such a yeoman work in preserving our ancient texts,

etc..

I do NOT make up stories, but I ask a lot of uncomfortable questions repeatedly and try it get the "true" answers for them. So I am the original and first warrior of "fake news" in the entire world !!!

LOL

One can generalize and ask a question: Unless you know how a particular machine works in depth (even a rudimentary knowledge), do not use that. It is a good thing to know how various things work (including our own bod). As an example, unless one knows in depth (or even partially) how a cell phone functions, you should not use it - this looks impractical. I do not know how many car drivers know about internal combustion engine and laws of thermodynamics (Here is a website https://www.brighthubengineering.co...aw-of-thermodynamics-with-automobile-engines/ that explains it). You use a machine and after a while (after thinking and reading) you get some knowledge of how that machine functions. The same logic applies (IMHO) applies to reciting Mantras.

Dear Prof Moorthy:

The analogy you have used only works if you start out with a belief that chanting works and has benefits. Then you can say "I dont care how it works, I just use this technique - It is like using a cell phone without knowing how the phone works"

But no one can make a direct connection between chanting and benefits. It is entirely beliefs. Then no reason is applicable. Best then not to speculate about vibrations and justifications. Just chant. If one feels better go for that. But often people chant to get something. There can be no connection to what one gets and the chanting.

If no connection can be proven then it is better to take the time to learn the meaning before chanting

To the leader of our forum - Madam Renukaji, ( sorry Praveen)

On the lighter side,

to clarify,

I did not write that Sanskrit has borrowed the syntax from Tamil, western researchers have said this. Infact they should have said that Sanskrit syntax is from European, but they could not lie as world renowned linguists, lol.

I did not write about Manu needhi Cholan, it is our ancient Tamils on temple scripts where they write about this great King and call him Manu,

i did not write tamil sangam texts and the one in particular, sivaklamiyan sapatham, where she writes Kannada King kidnapped her and her lover Tamil King will come and rescue her. How dare a Dravida Tamil write this ? Isn't Sita supposedly European German Aryan race ?? LOL.

i did not write that chola, Pandya, Chera are 3 major Tamil kings that rules for centuries.

I did did not write about gangavadi, this place still exists in katanataka and people can visit this,

I did not write that all Sanskrit manuscripts were found only in Tamil Grantham in south india, it was the British. Credit goes to our Iyer Swaminathan for such a yeoman work in preserving our ancient texts,

etc..

I do NOT make up stories, but I ask a lot of uncomfortable questions repeatedly and try it get the "true" answers for them. So I am the original and first warrior of "fake news" in the entire world !!!

LOL

Hey...when did I become the leader of the forum?
Its haraam for a woman to be the leader of so many male members that too Brahmana males!

This is Adharma!

I read all your posts with a pinch of marijuana becos only then one can digest " facts" you write..the best being Jesus is Krishna! LOL

Last edited:
Hey...when did I become the leader of the forum?
Its haraam for a woman to be the leader of so many male members that too Brahmana males!

This is Adharma!

I read all your posts with a pinch of marijuana becos only then one can digest " facts" you write..the best being Jesus is Krishna! LOL

LOL

i can assure you, that you will win the leader of the forum if there is poll. Rest of us have become very unpopular due to our views !!!

well you can have marijuana but this view will slowly percolate to all. Any major change of views takes a long time, many times years and decades. So I am in no hurry to convince anyone !! Lol

Sanskritam Vidvan srimati Renukaji,

To the supreme leader...

as as you can see, change does happen, but it is very slow and takes a lot of time. You can see many have said this in the past and the media is highlighting it.

nobody can rush change, and it will take 1 or 2 generations to come to th mainstream !!!!

Vidvanji, By the way I do remember that a few German and Russians have also arrived at this conclusion, that he was Tamil, or Indian, or was in india for 12 yrs learning Buddhism, etc..

i cannot locate the urls, will send when I get it.

so please keep a steady does of marijuana handy..you never know when u need it..lol

Does chanting mantras without knowing the meaning have the full benefit? if so, how does it work?

Appreciate insights.

-BrahmanAarvam

"Tajjapastadarthabhavanam" is the traditional view, acc to Rishi Patanjali. But if you are after "full benefit", meditating on the meaning is not enough. The Yoga Sutras mention various kinds of obstacles likely to appear before the Sadhaka, and also suggestions to overcome them. Another perspective is as per the Gita. Mantra-japam is a karma, and lord Krishna outlines the various factors influencing the performance of each karma, I think in the 18th chapter. For example, the place where the japa is done. If it is near the ocean or the river, or in a Siva temple, better benefits are possible (ie, Acc to traditional sources). Also the time, like Sandhyas, or during eclipse etc.
"if so, how does it work" - I don't know :pray: Just try the various combinations for yourself and stick to whatever works for you.

But the important aspect in bhakthi is for the one who is looking to enter into state of bhakthi, I wonder if the full benefit is achieved without knowing the meaning. Following the chanting rules on grammer and emphasis on udhatha and anudhatha creates the necessary positive aural effect through vibrations. Does it have the full effect of creating the emotions that happen when the meaning is known.
-BrahmanAarvam

If you are talking about Vedic mantras, they are traditionally considered the building blocks of the Universe. According to the grammarians, the meaning of the Vedas naturally arise in your mind as a sphota, upon their regular utterance over a certain period of time. There is no need to impose any meaning, or associated emotions on your mind, while you do the japam.

It will be difficult to write some slokas in Tamil as we have only single Kha,THa.Cha. and Pha no equivalent letter for sha(shankar). Hence it is advisable to hear the sound from learned scholars before chanting manthras in Tamil. It will result in wrong meaning without knowing the correct sound. Hence it will be better to know the meaning while chanting Sanskrit slokams as it is a Mathruka aksharam to be originated at various part of body like stomach,heart etc depending upon sound.(Refer Lalaitha Shasrnamam slokam 81)
N RAMAKRISHNAN
r
efer

Sanskritam Vidvan srimati Renukaji,

To the supreme leader...

as as you can see, change does happen, but it is very slow and takes a lot of time. You can see many have said this in the past and the media is highlighting it.

nobody can rush change, and it will take 1 or 2 generations to come to th mainstream !!!!

LOL!

Well..I am not the Supreme leader but I do officially teach Sanskrit now!( but not Vidhwan)

Anyway..I have a question for you..If Jesus was a TB ..then who crucified him?
Muslims believe Jesus was not crucified and is not dead and a Chiranjeevi till now.

Btw Maryam( Mum of Jesus) is not a TB name..so how can Jesus be a TB?

LOL!

Well..I am not the Supreme leader but I do officially teach Sanskrit now!( but not Vidhwan)

Anyway..I have a question for you..If Jesus was a TB ..then who crucified him?
Muslims believe Jesus was not crucified and is not dead and a Chiranjeevi till now.

Btw Maryam( Mum of Jesus) is not a TB name..so how can Jesus be a TB?

With your wide knowledge on our scriptures, Vidvan is the right title for you !!!!

my view is Jesus is Krishna and hence he is not a TB. I only wanted to highlight that even others have said Jesus is Tamil.

now coming to your question, see during the war Krishna and Yudhisthira (Pandian) partnered together and win a historic victory which is chronicled in mahabharatam.

After the war, if you study the local inscription of the Pandian war with kurunadu, both Yudhisthira and Krishna fall out leading to the Jesus crucifixion.

After the crucifixion, he returned back, so this aligns with reports that Jesus was saved and he then escapes the pandians and goes to north india, Kashmir.

In kashmir there are reports that Issa( jessus) lived in Kashmir till 100 yrs.

The way to decode this is, most of the times, the same event is cronicled in Sanskrit texts, sangam texts, Jewish texts, Christian texts, and Muslim texts.

For ef, one of then key warriors in Islam dies with a volley of arrows piercing his body in a historic war. The Muslim text specifically mentions that his body does not touch the earth, it is held up by the volley of arrows supporting him.

now doesn't that sound familiar aka Bhisma Pitamaha, !!

similarly look at the traditions, do you know that old Greek women spit three times on the new born baby's head to remove the evil spirits. Have you seen NB Tamils doing the same thing... !!!!

Legends of island Atlantis, dwarakai, and kaveripattinam aka poom puhar is identical, they all were devoured in a single day and single night.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/hum...n-hindu-flood-legend-manu-and-biblical-020318

similarly myths of flood legend Manu, biblical Noah, Mayan, Sumerian and Chinese stories are all identical !!

unless that all refer to the same set of events written in different languages, no way you can have 1000s of such parallels across all the civilisations,

hence i said tamil civilisation was the centre of the ancient world, and is the origin of all legends and stories and all religions !!!!

Last edited:
This is precisely why I wrote that it is rather unfortunate that Tamils are divided due to the Aryan Dravidian issue. The Dravidians are infact the ancient Aryans.

Shouldnt we call the Nb Tamils also Greek mixed race aka aryans and not just the tambrams. So many Greek customs are followed by NB Tamils or rather Tamil NB customs followed by Greeks!!!

thast why I said Sanskrit itself originates from Tamil !!! Similar to Latin comes from German. Just because Sanskrit or Latin was used exclusively by the scribes does not make it superior !!!

if you look at the origin of languages, all related languages comes from one root ancient language. And this is the view of all linguists and it makes sense.

Thats why they came up with the language Proto European as the root for all of the modern European languages today, similarly all Dravidian comes from the Proto Dravidian aka Tamil. Sanskrit has the Dravidian syntax and pronunciation, as per major linguists. And we know it sounds like Tamil even if the words are different.

Simiallrly in in the case of Chinese, etc..there is the Proto language from which the modern languages originate.

Renukaji,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prambanan

in Indonesia, the largest Hindu temple in the ancient times was Prambanan now in ruins, for Lord brahma. Now those following my analysis know that my view is that Ravanan's father is the Lord brahma in our texts.

Now there is strange local legend of the Javanese people that this grand temple in Indonesia was built by hordes of demon. How can demons build a Hindu temple that too for brahma ??

"From the url above -- The Javanese locals in the surrounding villages knew about the temple ruins before formal rediscovery, but they did not know about its historical background: which kingdoms ruled or which king commissioned the construction of the monuments. As a result, the locals developed tales and legends to explain the origin of temples, infused with myths of giants, and a cursed princess. They gave Prambanan and Sewu a wondrous origin; these were said in the Loro Jonggrang legend to have been created by a multitude of demons under the order of Bandung Bondowoso. It is the largest Hindu temple of ancient Java"

this can be true only if Ravanas descendants built this grand Hindu temple in the honour of their ancestor !!! And you can see in our Valmiki Ramayanam, we call Ravana and his men as rakshaksas aka demon. In our Sanskrit slokams we worship brahma, Kuberan - brother of Ravanan, etc...but not Ravana.

As as you can see, if you use my analysis and view, every strange and unbelievable legends coming down the ages will be correct.

you already know that there is a strange legend that Singapore was founded by the descendant of the Alexander soldiers. Again this will be correct only if you base this on my analysis and views !!!

My suggestion to everyone when it comes to history is -

1. Always believe the local legends, they are invariably true. You need to analyse and connect the dots back to our Sanskrit and Tamil texts and folks tales, legends.

2. Always distrust the official researchers, they are invariably false. These researchers always cook up stories to suit their benefactors.

In the case of the above Indonesian example, the researchers dismissing the local legend of demons building the temple just reeks of their lack of knowledge and contempt to the locals.

Now you you know who are these demons, they are our good old Ravanan and his descendants. So when you hear of legends of demons anywhere in the world, just keep our Ravanan in mind, it could very well be him... LOL.

Jaykay ji...watch this video..someone here sings with a sprinkle of Sanskrit in a famous bhajan.

[video=youtube_share;vfDN9LzgI68]https://youtu.be/vfDN9LzgI68[/video]

Jaykay ji...watch this video..someone here sings with a sprinkle of Sanskrit in a famous bhajan.

[video=youtube_share;vfDN9LzgI68]https://youtu.be/vfDN9LzgI68[/video]

Hinduism has lot of sects and each one is popular one way or other.

Is this song really relevant today when Hindus are badly in need of unity?

Already Lingayats have left and more will be in store if this song is given prominence.

Hinduism has lot of sects and each one is popular one way or other.

Is this song really relevant today when Hindus are badly in need of unity?

Already Lingayats have left and more will be in store if this song is given prominence.

There is no such thing called "Hinduism"...its just one umbrella of various matams vedic or non vedic.

So Lingayats are right...they can actually detach from "Hinduism".

[video=youtube_share;nAbarXjmAwc]https://youtu.be/nAbarXjmAwc[/video]

Maybe they did not know the meaning or the correct pronouncement but is still beautiful.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back