• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kashi Yatra

Dear Sri a-TB

There is no procedure in the shaasthrams or in the prayogams whereby folk can "do Shraddham for themselves so that they do not have to count on their sons to do after they pass away." Any such nonsense is like offering aahuthi to a pile of ashes, instead of to a blazing homa-kundam.

What I know a lot of well-off people have done (especially those settled overseas) is collect a bunch of willing Brahmins and a couple of priests (and Brahmin vegetarian cooks) from their native villages in India, charter a train carriage or a fleet of buses, and visit as pilgrims all the holy places in India such as temples, rivers, hills, caves, lakes, and perform religious rites there.

Their idea is to store up plenty of "punyam" in this life so that even if their shraaddham is neglected after they die, they have accummulated enough merit to get past Yama Dharma-raaja and Chitra-gupta the celestial record-keeper up yonder. And go to Vaikuntam, Shivalokam, Sathya-lokam or wherever else they want to go.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
Sear Mr Iyer,

Thank you for your detailed response

Regards

Dear All,

I am planning to take my parents for Kashi Yatra in June 2019. Your input on good vadhyar and accommodation etc will be highly appreciated.
Please contact Kasi Sankaramut Manager Mr.Chandrasekar at 9554666613, 941522872 and land line 05422276932 and 2276915. They will arrange everything for your needs in Kasi Yatra and Rameswaram.

Dear All,

I am planning to take my parents for Kashi Yatra in June 2019. Your input on good vadhyar and accommodation etc will be highly appreciated.
y
Dear sir, Please contact Shri Venkatarama Iyer in chennai. He is regularly conducting Kasi Yathra with a maximum of 15 families.( Husband and wife). Excellent arrangements were made by him for homely food, stay and pithru tharpanam and gaya srartham.etc. Vaitheegas are performing poojas very sincerely. Pl contact him.Mob 97907 35357. 044 222 31 691 mob.7401 39 3521. Thanks. Sukumar v l.

dear shri Iyer,
thanks for your post. I have moved as you suggested,
We look forward and all things are forgotten, Bless me
ms
ps Incidentally I have kept first part of my gotra as naithru pa kashyapa

tha
y
Dear sir, Please contact Shri Venkatarama Iyer in chennai. He is regularly conducting Kasi Yathra with a maximum of 15 families.( Husband and wife). Excellent arrangements were made by him for homely food, stay and pithru tharpanam and gaya srartham.etc. Vaitheegas are performing poojas very sincerely. Pl contact him.Mob 97907 35357. 044 222 31 691 mob.7401 39 3521. Thanks. Sukumar v l.
thank you

I had been to Allahabad, Kasi and Gaya from 22nd -25th march 2019 and all the rituals and arrangements were done by Ariyur Sri Mahadeva Ganapatigal of Varanasi. My experience with him was most satisfying and I will only be too glad to share his phone number with all of you. His Tel nums are : 9670804000, 9984961599. His fees are also very affordable and he came across as a very friendly, sincere, extremely patient person. His residence is located just opposite Kanchi Kamakoteeswarar Temple, Hanuman Ghat, Varanasi and he will arrange everything for you including stay, rituals, boat, food, transport and shopping.
Thanks, K.R.Srinivasan

I had been to Allahabad, Kasi and Gaya from 22nd -25th march 2019 and all the rituals and arrangements were done by Ariyur Sri Mahadeva Ganapatigal of Varanasi. My experience with him was most satisfying and I will only be too glad to share his phone number with all of you. His Tel nums are : 9670804000, 9984961599. His fees are also very affordable and he came across as a very friendly, sincere, extremely patient person. His residence is located just opposite Kanchi Kamakoteeswarar Temple, Hanuman Ghat, Varanasi and he will arrange everything for you including stay, rituals, boat, food, transport and shopping.
Thanks, K.R.Srinivasan
Thanks

Latest ads

Back