• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kashi Yatra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently myself and my husband went to Kasi, Allahabad and Gaya and performed all rituals and came back peacefully. It was all because of the pucca arrangements made by Shri Swamimalai Krishnamurthi Ganabadigal(0542-2310134)(09335333137). We stayed at his place and had homely meals.(meals-Rs.50/-; Tiffin-Rs.30/-;Coffee-Rs.6/-)I came across a lot of persons who stayed elsewhere and had food elsewhere complaining of diaharrea and vomiting, but, thank God, we didnot have any such problems. All arrangements by Shri.Krishnamoorthi Ganabadigal were meticulously planned and well executed. I am an ordinary person and not a VIP to get any special attention. All persons who came to him were given personal care. I was there between 25th Feb & 4th March'10. Even on the day of "Holi", mama arranged for dharshan to various temples (safely), and we did not come across any untoward incidents, as was reported in various web sites. We travelled to Gaya, Allahabad & Ayodhya by road, which was really wonderful and utmost care was taken by mama's team during the journey and the stay there. We performed all rituals satisfactorily and returned home with the blessings of Sri.Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal and mama. I take this opportunity to share my pleasant experiences at Kashi, with the able guidance of Shri.Swamimalai Krishnamoorthi Ganabadigal. My pranams to you mama.

Kaasi Yatra

I was attracted by the title as there are a few wedding bells chiming. I will append what I wanted to say on that line. As for Shri NRV's query. To my knowledge visit to Kaasi comes first; either you should take your parents or your own issue (boy) should take you there.
There are set of rituals to be done and there are our Vaidheehaals to guide you and arrange things for you. If you are not getting one, I can guide you to one in Mumbai. Subsequently and conveniently you can choose to visit Rameshwaram next.(There is a colloquial dictum that you are not supposed to say that "I am going to Rameshwaram" unless you are actually going there. After performing rituals there too, you return to your home and perform Ganga Pooja.

In marriages, we have this function "Kaasi Yatra" adopted when things were otherwise, but nowadays this is a meaningless and redundant ritual, a very few may be knowing of these. It only humours the "Kaancheevarams". :lalala:

good time to visit Kashi

Namaskarams!!

I read all the posts with interest and is very useful. Hinduism is so full of meanings and I am proud to be born a Hindu. I thank all those who have provided useful information for everyone's benefit. We all go on pilgrimage and think that we will post our travelogue for others and never get around to doing it.

Which is a good time to visit Kashi where we can do all the srardhams in peace and also have good weather. What would be the average cost for the trip (reasonably comfortable stay & food). Just an estimate would do.

Thanks again!

Namakarams!

Did you also go to Rameswaram first and how was the weather there? Would it be possible to get an apporximate cost for the trip from Chennai?

Thanks

kasi yatra

Dear Shri Saivesh,

Recently we finished the Holy pilgrimage of Kasi yatra. First we went to Devipattinam, Thirupullani, etc., Rameshwaram, Dhanushkodi on a two day trip. Left Chennai on 11.2.10 and returned to Chennai on 14.2.10. Bothways by Rameshwaram Express. The climate was really pleasant. One Sri.Swaminatha Sharma (9943308217) who stays in New Street, Rameshwaram, made all arrangements for us. The Train ticket, Jeep to Dhanushkodi, Vaadhyar dakshinai, etc., (car to devipattinam & back) all came to roughly about Rs. 10000/-per couple. ( i can tell you the exact amount from my expenditure statement file - which is atpresent not with me). But, the trip was excellent, the explanations for all the mantrams and the purpose of the visit, etc., were well explained by Sri.Swaminatha Sharma. We had homely food at his place.
After finishing my Kasi Yatra, again we went on 20.3.10 to Rameswaram,but, the climate was too hot. So, ifeel, Early February to Rameshwaram, and Feb-march to Kasi and middle of march to Rameshwaram, will be fine. (climate wise).

Namaskaram to All,

My Parents wants to goto Rameshwaram - Allahabad, Kashi & Gaya - Rameshwaram Yathra to perform their duties. Mostly my Perriyappa & Periyamma (My Mother’s elder Sister & her Husband) will be Joining the Yathra.

I Kindly request you all to advise me whether any Person is available in Chennai to guide this entire yathra. My Parents prefer to go only with Brahmins. So If you know any contact details please provide me at [email protected]

I have got many information & contact details from the post “Kasi Yathra- Travelogue and some Useful information” and it was very usefull. Still since all the FOUR are not knowing Hindi, I prefer a guide. Kindly advise me.

Namaskaram
Hari

Sir For the past thirty years one Mrs Jayam ramamoorthy from chennai is going to allahabad kasi gaya , Their land line phone no.is (044)22530010. You may contac t them now. only brahmins will go with them.

Dear Shri Saivesh,

Recently we finished the Holy pilgrimage of Kasi yatra. First we went to Devipattinam, Thirupullani, etc., Rameshwaram, Dhanushkodi on a two day trip. Left Chennai on 11.2.10 and returned to Chennai on 14.2.10. Bothways by Rameshwaram Express. The climate was really pleasant. One Sri.Swaminatha Sharma (9943308217) who stays in New Street, Rameshwaram, made all arrangements for us. The Train ticket, Jeep to Dhanushkodi, Vaadhyar dakshinai, etc., (car to devipattinam & back) all came to roughly about Rs. 10000/-per couple. ( i can tell you the exact amount from my expenditure statement file - which is atpresent not with me). But, the trip was excellent, the explanations for all the mantrams and the purpose of the visit, etc., were well explained by Sri.Swaminatha Sharma. We had homely food at his place.
After finishing my Kasi Yatra, again we went on 20.3.10 to Rameswaram,but, the climate was too hot. So, ifeel, Early February to Rameshwaram, and Feb-march to Kasi and middle of march to Rameshwaram, will be fine. (climate wise).

Dear sir,
I am a senior citizen and like to make trip to kasi trip after completing rameswaram prilgrimage. We are rigvedis. Will Sri.Swaminatha Sarma could conduct prilgrimage rituals for us? I hope he will render help for doing return reservation in tran and the cost you mentioned above is inclusive of this fare. Are we to do Devipattinam/Tiruppullani temple visits before going to rameswaram or after reaching there? Please inform me.
Karur chandrasekaran

Hello,
In case you require any help in Kashi,my co-brother is the resident of holy city of kashi for more than 3 decades he can arrange for Vadhyar etc.In case you need his full details please revert.

Thanks,

Ramesh.Krishnamoorthy
Dear sir,
I want to make religious prilgrimage to kashi,gaya 7 Triveni and to begin with Rameswaram trip. I have reservations about going along with Tour &Travel group since they would employ their own vadyar in these places whose stuf not known. Hence I wish to these places with known vadyar who would give correct, sincere guidance for permance at economical rates. Please tell addresses and telephone nos. in these places if you wish.
2. Secondly I have to face a problem in regard to proceeding immediately. My elder brother passed away in March,2010, and his son is doing all the religious rites and I have no obligation. some sastrigal says that I could perform prilgrimate and do
pithru karyams at kasi etc and rameswaram only after one your is over, ie after Middle of March,2011. Is this position correct since I am only "Dhayadhi."
karur chandrasekarn.

Dear Friends,

I am a Tamil Brahmin settled in Kashi for over 30 years. Previously I was with Intelligence Bureau and now for over 27 years I am with SBI.

I consider it a pleasure to help fellow South Indians in their smooth conduct of Kashi Yatra and other rituals in Kashi.

Recently we have also a written a book titled Temples of Kashi (Based on Kashi Khand) after extensive research, which has been well appreciated by people from various places in India.

I wish all of you a very very happy and prosperous life.

(P.S. VENKATARAMANAN)
Dear Sir,
I an Chandrasekaran,K.R. retired as Joint Secretary to Govt.of Tamilnadu (south indian brahmin- Rig Vedam) and a senior citizen now. I wish to make Prilgrimage to Kasi/Triveni/Gaya as well as Rameswaram in near future. I am in dilamma as to whether I should do prilgimage with the help of Travel agents who conduct specified tours from chennai or directly contact Sastrigal at Kasi who could help whole heartedly to perform rituals at the above said 3 places in Kasi. I am apprehencive about their credibility, and do not know what procedure should be adopted by me in regard to payment, conduct of rituals sincerely without duping/skipping over, provision of proper accomodation and food as well helping in arrangement of transport. If I go along with "Travells' they look after every thing, but conduct of rituals according to our satisfaction cannot be ensured as as tourist would be flocked to gether and do some thing or other, and take away money trough travellers( perhaps Travel people would also get some 'cuttings').
I also request you to inform by flight how to reach Kasi? Is there direct flight from Chennai? Kindly inform me above details. My e-mail address is >[email protected] <
Regards.
chandrasekaran.

Myself and my brother desire to Kashi yatra.I am benefited by the threads in this column.I need some more detailed information on the rituals to be performed on both the trips to Rameswaram

Dear Sri Hariharan,

Pl read the thread under "Rituals at Rameswaram" by me. For immediate reference I am giving a consolidated information:

At Rameswaram - Bath in holy places - Lakshman Teerthan, Ram teertham and Seetha Teertham. Followed by bath in Sea.
With wet clothes going to the temple and bath in 23 Teerthams inside the temple. Visiting Dhanushkodi - 16 KM away from Rameswaram and doing rituals and collecting Sand from Dhanushkodi.

As per the customs - this sand to be immersed in Ganages (Allahabad). As per the Vadyar - Sand has the power only for a limited period say six months and hence one should visit Allahadbad within six months' time. There are separate rituals at Allahabad, Kasi, Gaya and back at Kasi. In all you need to be there at Kasi for a period of 5 days for completion of all rituals. With the water from Ganges another visit to Rameswaram for doing Abhisek. After this. performing a Samaradhanai at the elder's house and with this yatra of Ramwearam - Kasi - Rameswaram gets concluded.

We as a family completed one leg of journey to Rameswaram and planned Kasi and another trip of Rameswaram during Feb 2011. If you need any other details and contact names at respective places you may give your mail id for me to send a reply.

Dear friend,
I attach a brief writeup of the Kasi yatra - by my Appa, Akka and Athymber
[FONT=&quot]SREERAMA JAYAM[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]RAMESWARAM - KASI YATHRA[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Prof V R Ramakrishnan - [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mrs. Kala Ramakrishnan [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]& [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sri K.V. Sivaramakrishnan.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Day- 1 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]As a prelude to our Yathra, Ghritha Sraddham, Punyaha Vachanam and Yatra danam were performed in the forenoon, in the august presence of Vaideeka sreshthas, the learned Sathabhishiktha, Sivaramakrishna Vadhyar and the venerable Punkunnam Samooha Acharya Shri.Subrahmania Vadhyar- Started from Thrissur by Guruvayoor-Chennai Egmore Koodal Express at 9.20 PM. Sri EAdamana Vasudevan saw us off.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 22-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Reached Madurai junction at 12.30 PM. We reached Rameswaram by 5.30 PM. We met Purohit Sri Anantha Padmanabha Sarma. in the evening and planned the next day’s rituals and he arranged food for us in the night.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-3[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 23-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We were ready by 7 AM and Mr.Kumar took us to Sankara Madham, where we had the Mahasankalpam, and after that we had the holy bath in the Sea-Samudra Snanam- and we took the sand from there and came back to Sankara madham and did the Manal pooja. After that we went for the Theertha Snanam at the following 22 Theerthams-
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After the snanames we worshipped inside the temple getting special entrance ticket in the sannidhis of Sri Ramanatha Swamy and Parvatha Vardhini. We also worshipped Vighneswara, Viswanathar, Visalakshy and Dakshinamoorthy , Pallikonda Perumal and Anjaneyar. We returned back to our place of stay along with the holysand. Had our lunch .In the evening we boarded the sethu express bound for Chennai at 8.05 PM. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY – 4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 24-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Reached Chennai Egmore by 8.30 A.M. Rajamani and .Mala received us at the station and took us to their Ambadi apartments residence. Had our bath lunch etc. .Rajamani and.Mala saw us off at Egmore station at 1.05 PM when we got into Rameswaram-Varanasi Express. Our journey from Chennai to Varanasi took about 42 hours.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY – 5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 25-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We continued our journey in the Train. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY – 6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 26-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The train was before-time upto Allahabad. We reached Allahabad at 1.AM. The journey from Allahabad to Varanasi was dragging. The train was late by over 2 hrs. When we reached Varanasi by 7 am. Mr.Sanjay representataive of Kerala Madham received us at Varanasi junction and took us to Hanuman Ghat, Kerala Madham. The room arranged for us was quite spacious and all the basic amenities were there-Kerala Mutt chief called on us and chalked out the programme for ensuing four or five days of our stay. After that we had our lunch. In the afternoon we visited and had good darsan at the following temples. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kala Bhairavar[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=&quot]Dandapani Bhairavar temple[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Viswanathar temple[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Annapoorneswari temple[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Visalakshy temple[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Dundi Vinayakar temple and[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Saneeswarar temple. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 27-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We had our Mahasankalpam at the residence of Sri Subramania Vadhyar, for Ganga snanam. As poorvangam we performed Vigneswara pooja, Anujna, Grahapreethi, Nandi sradham and Punyaha Vachanam. After Gangasnanam (Manikarnika snanam) we performed the Theertha Sradham and Pinda pradanam, Dasadanam, Phaladanam etc. in vadhayar’s residence. After the rituals we had our lunch. Thereafter in the night we had our usual tiffin.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 28-6-2010 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pancha Theertham (by boat) snanam, Hiranya sraddham, Pinda pradanam, Tharpanam etc. were performed at the following theerthams[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Haridwara Theerham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rudra Sarovara Theertham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Varauna-Vishnupada Theertham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Panchaganga Theertham(Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswathy, Kirana & Dhootapada Theertham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Manikaarnika-Chakra Theertham worshipped at Bindu Madhavar temple which was on hill lock treading 124 steps- [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Started for Gaya in the evening 7 PM. Boarded the train bound for Patna (via Gaya) from Varanasi at 8.45 PM- Budha Pournima Express.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sri Chandrasekhar was the attendant for us deputed by the Kerala Mutt[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Train was late by about 90 minutes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] DAY-9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 29-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We had reached GAYA by 3 AM. we had our stay at Karnataka Bhavan of Raghavendra Samsthanam- After bath at Karnataka Bhavan we went to Phalguni River-bed[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After prokshana snanam we proceeded to Sri Rama Temple. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Did Theertha Sraddham and Pinda Pradanam there and Pinda Visarajanam at Vishnu Padam and performed GAYA-‘SRADDHAM’ Parvana Vidhanam- [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sri Ramakrishnasastry was the Chief Purohit. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] After Gaya Sraddham we did Pinda Pradanam at the shade of Akshya Vata- the holy Bannyan tree-also renounced one leaf one fruit & one vegetable at this place. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After lunch at Mutt 3 PM, we started to Varanasi by 4.30 PM. As five trains were cancelled we had to catch the Niranjan express-Kolkatta to Amrithasar at 7.30 PM and got down at Mugalsarai by 10 PM. Boarded an auto at Mugalsarai and reached our place of stay by 11.15 PM and had a good sleep at our place of residence Sri.Chandrasekhar was very helpful throughout our sojourn at Gaya.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 30-6-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]It was a rest day for us. The rest during the day was indeed compensated by a very interesting event at dusk-Ganga-Arathi. We started from sivalaghat at Varanasi by boat and passed through various ghats-Harichandra ghat, Rajenbabu ghat etc. and reached the prayaga ghat where the Aarathi event was celebrated with all the paraphernalia set to very fine music with all the Thalam instruments like Mridanga, Thabalal, Ganjira etc and all the instrumental music of Veena, Venu and Violin etc. The chorus music and slokas recited during Bhajans touch our heart. The Deepalankarams were very nice. In the Ganga, several Deepams were floated by the pilgrims during the performance of Aarathi by the Poojaris. Several poojas were performed at the site by a large number of purohtts. It was indeed on the whole a very soul sterring experience and turned to be a very memorable event-we returned back to Sivalaghat and to our place of stay by 8.30 PM.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 1-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Had bath at Varanasi-we started by car to Allahabad and reached there at 9.45 AM performed vigneswaara pooja and Sankalpam at Siva Madham and also VeniDana Pooja. After these rites the Mangala Dravyams like, blouse piece, comp mirror, kumkulmachoppu, turmeric etc.were offered to the wife of Sri.Venkitasubramania Iyer Chief priest of Shiva Madham proceeded to Thriveni Sangamam ie the place where Ganga, Yamuna & Saraswathy rivers meet. Hereditary Panda who performed a pooja in the boat was given Dakshina and donation for Annadanam- After Mundanam shaving by the hereditary authorized barbour, we had a holy dip in the Thriveni sangam and collected the holy Gangajalam for Ganga pooja and abishekam at Rameswaram-immerced the holy sand brought from Rameswaram in the Thriveni sangam along the mangaladrabyams and the hair of kala cut (veni) were also dropped along with coins in the Thriveni sangamam. We returned to Sivamadham and performed theertha sraddham (hiranyam) and Tharpanam wearing wet cloths-we discarded the wet clothings in the sivamutt probably for being distributed to the poor needy by the mutt authorities. On our way back to siva madham we saw venumadhavar temple panchumukha anjaneyar temple etc. After lunch at 2pm we started back to varanasi and reached there by about 6 PM.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 2-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]At varanasi after bath started for Ganga pooja and Dampathi pooja at 8.30 AM to Subramania Vadhyar’s residence. We witnessed the Ganapathi Homam performed by Subramania Vadhyar himself at his residence. Thereafter Ganga pooja was performed. After the Ganga pooja, Dampathi pooja for Smt. & Sri. Subramania vadhyar was performed while the lady was offered the mangala dravyams along with gold Thirumangalyam and Padanguleeyakam-silver metty and silk saree Subramania Vadhyar was offered specially designed Vasthrams (somanuthareeyam). The couples were very happy and blessed us heartly. We returned to our place of stay at 11 am and after that we had our lunch. The GangaJalam brought from prayaga was entrusted to a chettiar shop for being filled and sealed in 20 kashichombus and on copper chombus-1 litre. The holy water in the copper is intended for abhishekam at Rameswaram during our return visit and twenty chombus are intended for distributions to close relatives and friends along with Vishnupadam, Annapoorneswary idol and Kasi thread..[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the afternoon we went for local sight-seeing. We covered the Benaras Hindu University Complex which was situated in a vast expanse of land of extent about 1360 Acres consisting of various departments of Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine, Arts & crafts, law, languages oriental languages psychometric, Nursing etc. We also went to the Birla Mandir in the campus where the idols of Kasi Viswanathar, Parvathi Devi, Ganesh, Saraswathy, Hanuman & Lakshmi Narayana etc.have been installed. We visited and woshipped also Sankatamochana Hanumanji Temple, Thulasimanasa Mandir ,Thridev Temple,Durgadevi Temple and Koudi matha temple. The eighteen cantos of Geetha in the marble walls of the Birla Mandir, so also the entire slokas of the Ramacharit Manas of Thulasidas is engraved in the Thulasimanas Mandir. We returned after a peaceful time in the above mentioned temples at about 8 PM.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-13[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 3-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Started to Ayodhya early morning by about 5.15 AM by taxi car and reached there at 11.15 AM. Had bath in the Holy Sarayu river. Did ‘Gopooja’ . We visited the Ramajanmabhoomi the disputed site and the place where Sri Rama temple is going to be constructed. We went to Rama pattabhishekam temple, Hanuman temple, puthrakameshti yagasthala, the site whole the original Sri Rama temple Hanuman temple was situated(Dimolished by Muslims in 1992). There was very tight security check in all the above places-we had our lunch at Ramachandra hotel at Ayodhya. We also visited other temples in and around Ayodhya. We returned back to our place of stay at Varanasi by 9.PM. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 4-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Had a pleasant dip in holy Ganga. Thereafter worshipped at several Temples ie Kasi Viswanatahar, Annapoorneswary, Visalakshy and Dundi Vinayakar collected various articles for distribution. Viz kasahichombu Annapoorneswary vigraha, Kasi-thread, sticker, photos of all deities etc. After lunch completed the packing for our return journey. Came to Varanasi junction Railway station by auto. Boarded the train at 9.15 PM Varanasi-Rameswaram Express. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 5-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In train All India Bandh –day sponsored by opposition parties. However the Bandh did not affect our journey.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 6-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We reached Chennai Egmore on time at about 10.30 AM. and halted at Chennai. We recommenced our journey to Rameswaram at 5 PM by Sethu express.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 7-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We reached Rameswaram by 4.30 M and halted at Milan lodge. Had our lunch in the room itself. The Abhishekam to Sri.Ramanatha swamy wasperformed in the evening about 5 PM. Mr.Kumar guided us. The Holi Ganga Jalam brought from Kashi. Kalasam was poured-Archanas were also performed for the main deities in the temple. We had our usual tiffin at night and stayed at Milan lodge. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-18[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 8-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]After bath the Theertha Sraddham, Tharapanam and Balipradanam were performed in the forenoon under the priesthood of Anantha Padmanabha Sarma at his residence. After that we had our lunch in the room itself. In the evening at 8.45 P.M. we boarded the train for Kanyakumari and reached there next day early morning by 4.30 AM. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-19[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 9-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Kanyakumari-After taking bath in the waiting room at Railway station we witnessed the sun-rise and thereafter proceeded to Kanyakumaari Temple, worshipped the Devi and after that proceeded to Sucheendram-We worshipped Brahma, Vishnu & Maheswarar all in the same shrine. We could also worship the imposing Anjaneyar in the temple and several other deities. There was a calm atmosphere in and around the temple. We returned back to Kanyakumari by about 9 AM. We were in time to catch the Kanyakumari-Bangalore island express starting from there at 10.30 AM. to Trivandrum. We reached Trivandrum by 12.45 PM. After lunch we stayed at Rajadhani Tourist home [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We could worship Sri.Ananthapadmanabha swamy in the evening, after spending some time in the temple we returned to our place of stay. After taking food at night we started to Trivandrum Central Railway station for catching the Amritha Express bound for Palakkad Town. We boarded the train at 11.PM.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] DAY-20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 10-7-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We reached Trichur by 5.AM. Edamana Vasudevan was there to receive us in the Railway station. We reached home by 5.30 AM.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our trip to Rameswaram, Varanasi etc. was indeed a wonderful experience.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As a fitting finale to the Yathra just completed Ganga Pooja has been performed on Sunday 18th July 2010 under the guidance and direction of our Kula Acharya..Sree Ram Divya & children could also be present on the solemn occasion – so also. Sreela , Krishnan and children attended the function. After the pooja prasadams with kasi chombu KalaBhairavar-blessedKasi-thread vishnupadam and the idol of Annapoorneswari has been distributed to those near & dear to us. Thamboolams were distributed to suvasinis. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We feel this resume will be incomplete if we do not narrate a wonderful experience we had before undertaking this trip.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On Sunday, the day previous to the date of the proposed trip, Kala met with an accident whenshe was going to the residence of their erst while neighbour at the Agraharam. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]An auto rickshaw dashed against Kala while crossing the junction. Kala fell down and was almost in a dazed condition. A big crowd gathered there and advocated taking her to the nearest hospital. She preferred to be taken to home. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We frantically tried to get in touch with the orthopedic surgeon. But we were not successful as his telephones were switched off.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friends, well wishers, neighbours were all advocating postponement of the trip. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But Ramakrishnan had very firm and ardent belief that nothing untoward would happen by the grace of the Almighty [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kala was also strongly against consultation of any doctor and was firmly in favour of making the trip according to the schedule proposed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] She was not able to tread even a few steps and it was difficult for her even to speak cough or laugh as her ribs in the left lateral region were all jammed. The left hip and thigh regions turned bluish excruciating pain was felt all over the body. She was administered a wonderful drug, painkiller and by evening there was slight improvement. The drug was continued for four or five days more.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As per astral advice pariharams were done to Lord Guruvayurappan and Sankarankulangara Bhagavathi. By late night Kala experienced good relief and felt she was almost alright. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Next morning, she was active to under take preparations for the rites proposed Ghritha Sraddham etc., She could board the train in the evening with our help. She stood the journey upto Rameswaram without much strain.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Even though we advocated her not to take sea bath and Theertha snanams in the 22 Theerthams. She was strongly for making the snanams and after the theertha snanams she felt she was completely alright. It was all due to the intense prayer she was making. She chanted the Apadodharana Stotram 1008 times and prayer made her ok. The 22 theerthams had also wonderful power for giving her the necessary strength to bear, the pain.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prayer puts into force an active principle of doings. It is a first step towards action. Prayer gives us a sense of sharing our burdens. Any psychiatrist will tell us that when we are pest up and tensed and in agony of spirit it is therapeutically good to tell some one our problems. When we can’t tell any one else we can always tell God. It is indeed prayer and prayer alone and intense faith in God that has made the trip a grand success.[/FONT]

Thanks for posting a "write up" on the "Kashi Yatra" of your parents and sister. The descriptive post prompted me to check the date and year and confirm that it was in June and July 2010. It is so nice of you to have shared the wonderful experience of the "Yatra" with us.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Friends,

I am a Tamil Brahmin settled in Kashi for over 30 years. Previously I was with Intelligence Bureau and now for over 27 years I am with SBI.

I consider it a pleasure to help fellow South Indians in their smooth conduct of Kashi Yatra and other rituals in Kashi.

Recently we have also a written a book titled Temples of Kashi (Based on Kashi Khand) after extensive research, which has been well appreciated by people from various places in India.

I wish all of you a very very happy and prosperous life.

(P.S. VENKATARAMANAN)

Dear Sir,
Where is the book on Kashi Temples available? Please give full details so that I can get a copy.

Hello All

I am from Andhra Pradesh. I intend to do padayatra from Rameshwaram to Kasi to Rameshwaram. I request any kind of inputs on this from all of you. Are there Groups who go on padayatra like this? Is there a system by way of which I can join some one who is doing it? All inputs appreciated.

Regards
Srikanth

Dear Sir

I have a query regarding Kashi Yatra. I am 34 years, I wish to take up Kasi yatra. But my friends and relatives told that young age person should not take up this one. And I wish to know is it related to our Horoscope that one person have the chance of visiting kasi in his life time.

Thanks

Srinivasa Varadharajan

I am extremely sorry for my long silence.I would like to learn Rudram and Chamakam.Can anybody guide me please?
Regards
HAPPY new Year to all the admin members and forum members. Long live your services to the community.

Balurajagopal uncle Everybody must learn rudram and chamakam only with the direct guidaqnce of sastrigal.In chennai you may contact vaideekasri editor t t k road alwarpet chennai. In west mambalam also you may contact sankara madam. I donot know where you are..In the year 1974 I learned rudram and chamakametc. along with my collegues daily 6pm to 8pm. fullmoon previous and next days and amavasya previous and next day and astami days are anadhyayana days. you should not learn every month on these days. on all other days you can learn along with your friends and or collegues after appointing one sastrigal in your house or in a near by temple. good luck and happy new year to you all.

srinivas ajay sir You can go to kashi along with your parents you van take bath in allahabad kasi and gaya. Requst your father to deo hiranya srardham in allahabad kasi and gaya and pinda dhanam in various ghats in kasi. Before going to kasi you with nyour parents must go to Rameswaram and take bath in sea and in all well water in rameswaram temple and then your father must do hiranya srardham there and toke sand from rameswaram and add that sand in allahabad and take ganges water from allahabad and go to kasi and gaya and then go again to ramshwaram and do abishekam to the lingam and come back to your house. In this forum you can see details about kasi yatra in other pages.

There is no need to see horoscope for this.

Hi I am Ravi Raja, New to this Group. I am planning to take all my family members (6 PEOPLE) to KASI this year. Can anyone suggest me the No.1 (if they can be the best-namaskarams to you) ? thanks My contact number is 9790996720. Ravi Raja, Agent, LIC of india, Chennai.

Sir, Why every time i start a new thread or reply to a thread, I am forced to go to "switch editor mode". I have to use the mouse or key pads in laptop and move the cursor so that i go to the other end.

Why dont you keep the full view of the screen within desktop itself. It is a waste of time sir. Some one in Tech dept of this site pl look into this.Thanks Ravi Raja, Agent, LIC, 9790996720.

Your relatives are quite right.
The Kasi yatra Starts from Rameswaram.
First visit Rameswaram and perform cermonies there. The persons at Shankar Mutt will help you in this aspect.
They will help you in engaging a special Jeep to travel to Dhanushkodi. This will cost around 1000 Rs. Donot venture with your own vehicle to Dhanushkodi as this is very close to Impossible. Collect Sand from Dhanushkodi make 3 lingams out of it and Leave back Sethu Lingam there itself and carry 2 lingams with you to Kashi.
You can plan and book your trip thru persons at Kashi, you will find plenty near Hanuman Ghat. As far as possible avoid Shankar mutt at Kashi , as the arrangement here will be like the one in any Government office , approch private Shastrigal here.
First they will arrange for a pick up from Allahabad Railway Station , then will help you for performing Cermony and Holy Dip at sangamam and arrange visits to important temples at Allahabad.
Next you will be dropped at Kashi.
The next 2 days Shastrigal at Kashi will help you for all cermonial activities and visit to all Temples.
Depending upon your convenience you will be taken on 2 nd evening to Gaya along with a cook.
You will reach the same night there and the cook will organize all the cermonial arrangements at Gaya the next Day.
This will be upto afternoon and cook will arrange Shradha Sappadu there , you will then be dropped either at Gaya Railway station or at Patna Station or Back to Kashi.
Bring a Good quantity of Ganga Jal from Sangamam , and at your convenience take it to Rameswaram for abhishekam.
Then as per your customery procedure perform Samaradhanai back at Your place.
People say that After returning from Kashi within 6 months visit Rameswaram for completing Yatra.
You will find almost all the details of Shastrigal at Rameswaram and at Kashi in Google search.
As our friend suggested to link this with Rishikesh and Haridwar will be quite hectic, instead you can plan Ayodya along this tour.
All the best Sir.
H.Krishnamurthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back