• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kashi Yatra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be careful these Pandas are less than honorable, particularly in Gaya. They put a lot of guilt to extract money when you are vulnerable.

I would not discourage you but we very clear why you are going and pay attention to your security and well being. You are entering their den with no armor, and they know all the tricks.

Please be careful these Pandas are less than honorable, particularly in Gaya. They put a lot of guilt to extract money when you are vulnerable.

I would not discourage you but we very clear why you are going and pay attention to your security and well being. You are entering their den with no armor, and they know all the tricks.

100% right. my poor daddy was swindled by them to thousands of ruppees. dad did not know hindi, and he had only mom and sis to go with him. only sis knew hindi, and she was no match for the wiles of the pandas.

mom dad could barely wait to get off the clutches of the panda who hung on to them.

Hello Sir, my family is visiting Kashi in the end of November and are looking for clean and comfortable accomodation for about 3-4 nights. We are Kannada Brahmins from Bangalore. There are three women and three men and they are all senior citizens. Hope you can help. H Prasad

100% right. my poor daddy was swindled by them to thousands of ruppees. dad did not know hindi, and he had only mom and sis to go with him. only sis knew hindi, and she was no match for the wiles of the pandas.

mom dad could barely wait to get off the clutches of the panda who hung on to them.

When I was working in Kanpur during the period 1965-70, we had a vaadhyaar WXYZ(name withheld) who was known as "Goonda WXYZ" in Varanasi where he was working as Panda-cum-vaadhyaar, before coming to Kanpur, reasons for which he never divulged.

He took my parents to Kasi Gaya etc., and made them perform all the rites. On return he told me that he had saved for me at least four times the amount spent because, without a person like him who knew the pulse of the Pandas and vaadhyaars, my parents would have had to spend five times more.

When I was working in Kanpur during the period 1965-70, we had a vaadhyaar WXYZ(name withheld) who was known as "Goonda WXYZ" in Varanasi where he was working as Panda-cum-vaadhyaar, before coming to Kanpur, reasons for which he never divulged.

He took my parents to Kasi Gaya etc., and made them perform all the rites. On return he told me that he had saved for me at least four times the amount spent because, without a person like him who knew the pulse of the Pandas and vaadhyaars, my parents would have had to spend five times more.

In that one aspect I am very skeptic, but if you have the faith, do it carefully. Find that Goonda wxyz. LOL

Thanks for enrolling

Thanks for enrolling me as a member. I am happy to see several useful exchange of information in this forum. Clear and easy to follow. Well Done and Keep it up!

1. How many days are reqd to be in Rameswaram for completing the rituals before the trip to Kashi.
2. What are the rituals and approximate Cost for the same.
3. Can you also help me the contact number of Venkatraman ganapadigal at Rameswaram.

Thanks and Regards, E Sivaraman

Dear Sir.
For kasi pilgrimage following tips from my end
Venkatraman ganapadigal
1. Go to Rameswaram and perform ceremonies according
to your capacity and should go to Dhanushkodi with
priest (extreme end ) do jabas there collect the sand
after the functions there priest will guide you.
Charge Rs 750 for jeep to take you there .
One sri Venkatraman ganapadigal will be very fine
who is the son in law of Swarkiya Babu Sastrigal.
No cheating. They will arrange for your food also.

2.Take the sand from Rameswaram .
Should go to
1.Allahabad Thiriveni sangamam through Sivamadam there.
,mix the sand in the sangamam and collect water from there
Gangai water should not be collected from Kasi. That can
only be sealed there with Chettiar shop in KASI Later.

At Allahabad Do hiranyashrardham all will be guided.
Donot go to boat on your own go through siva madam.
Food also will be provided after Shrardha here in Sivamadam.

2. Go to Kasi and there You can go to Hanuman ghat where
you can hire priests from our place with food and accommodation
they will arrange things at Kashi as well for Gaya at KARNATAka
bhavan.
At kashi over Ganges Six ghats you have perform in the boat
and one over land with priest
At gaya prefer Karnataka Bhavan
Three places at GAYA to be performed
Book your jouney by train to GAYA From your place itself in
advance road is not that much helpfull unless you have good
groups.

For Allahabad KASI GAYA all three places
Minimu Expenditure Rs7000/=
There are slabs for this according to your purse
Next Stage is Rs 10000 around

Your things all will be taken care right from Allahabad Railway stn
Upto KASI GAYA AND BACK without any cheating with guide
receiving you at Allahabad and through
I have done through ...
Kasi Maha Deva Ganapadigal

your stay food and accommodation everything will be smooth
Donot mistake me I am not an agent
Just Help.

After Return from KASHI go to Rameshwaram and do
abhishekam to lingam there with gangai water you brought.
Nothing special function for this[/QUOTE]

kasi/gaya

Recently myself and my husband went to Kasi, Allahabad and Gaya and performed all rituals and came back peacefully. It was all because of the pucca arrangements made by Shri Swamimalai Krishnamurthi Ganabadigal(0542-2310134)(09335333137). We stayed at his place and had homely meals.(meals-Rs.50/-; Tiffin-Rs.30/-;Coffee-Rs.6/-)I came across a lot of persons who stayed elsewhere and had food elsewhere complaining of diaharrea and vomiting, but, thank God, we didnot have any such problems. All arrangements by Shri.Krishnamoorthi Ganabadigal were meticulously planned and well executed. I am an ordinary person and not a VIP to get any special attention. All persons who came to him were given personal care. I was there between 25th Feb & 4th March'10. Even on the day of "Holi", mama arranged for dharshan to various temples (safely), and we did not come across any untoward incidents, as was reported in various web sites. We travelled to Gaya, Allahabad & Ayodhya by road, which was really wonderful and utmost care was taken by mama's team during the journey and the stay there. We performed all rituals satisfactorily and returned home with the blessings of Sri.Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal and mama. I take this opportunity to share my pleasant experiences at Kashi, with the able guidance of Shri.Swamimalai Krishnamoorthi Ganabadigal. My pranams to you mama.

Madam, Are you from Chennai? Can you please give me your telephone number, as I also need to go to Kasi/Gaya. Throuhg which travel did you go? Please reply, Thanks and regards, Malini Venakatesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back