• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Jagatguru Sri Maha Periyava Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

ஶ்ருதி ஸ்மிருதி புராணானாம் ஆலயம் கருணாலயம்
நமாமி பகவத் பாதம் சங்கரம் லோக சங்கரம்

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Power of Panchakshara Japam

A few devotees had built a temple for Lord Shiva somewhere in Andhra. When they tried to carry the sculpted Linga made of stone to the sanctum, they could not move it even an inch. Anxiety writ large on their faces, they came to report the matter to Sri Maha Periyava. After a few minutes pause, Maha Periyava asked them to bring one Sri Vaidyanatha Shastri from somewhere near Trichy. Sri Maha Periyava whispered something into his ears and advised the Andhra devotees to take him along with them to their town.

On reaching their place, Sri Shastrigal was doing Japa for hours together after his daily anushtanams. The devotees were perplexed as they expected this Shastrigal to advise them something useful to allay their predicament. Nonetheless, they just kept on and did not disturb Sri Shastrigal.

On the 21st day of his stay there, after his Japa, Sri Shastrigal asked them to shift the Lingam. Lo! They were able to do it in no time!

They told Sri Shastrigal that the Lingam which earlier weighed so much not allowing them to
move it by even an inch was now like a mass of cotton, so light and easy to move.

They requested him to explain the miracle to them. Sri Shastrigal told them that he too did not know, except that Maha Periyava asked him to do the Panchakshara Japam for 21 days devotedly sitting in front of that Lingam. That’s all!

Sri Maha Periyava’s Tapomahima could demonstrate in the 20th Century what Appar Swamigal did centuries ago to prove the efficacy of Shiva Panchaksharam!

Appar (Tirunavukkarasar) Swamigal’s absolute faith in the efficacy of ‘NamaShivaya’ manthram which came to his rescue to float him on the waters. This happened when the Jain King sought to punish him by tying him on a big stone and throwing him in the deep water to make sure he would drown.

Compiled by Jagadguru Sri Maha Periyava - Kanchi Paramacharya/Fb

Source: MAHA PERIYAVA Public Group/Face Book

ஹர ஹர சங்கர ஜெய ஜெய சங்கர !!

[h=1]ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!
[/h]

Experiences with Maha Periyava: You Build the Temple

I was in Tiruvannamalai in my young age. Our house was near the foothill. One Maami used to teach us song and dance and would ask us to sing before Ramana Maharshi. We would sing and dance before him, going in circles. He would never talk, only have a look with his eyes. After I was married, a relative told me, "Have you seen Kumbakonam Swamy, Maha tapasvi, go and have darshan once." Periyaval at that time had the name 'Kumbakonam Swamy'. My husband and I came to Kanchipuram to have darshan, but we were told that Periyava had gone out somewhere. We went to three or four nearby villages, but could not see Him in those places. I was yearning for His darshan.

Only when Periyava had come to Madras, we could have his darshan. At the first sight of Him I thought, "He looks typically like Ramana Maharshi. What tejas in those eyes!" Periyava was keenly looking at me.

Since then, we have been having darshan of Periyava for the last 50 years. If my husband had work, we would come on a Sunday and return the same day after darshan. One Sunday, when Periyava was in Sivasthanam, we came for His darshan. Some sumangalis (women who have their husbands alive) were talking amongst themselves loudly and happily. When inquired, one Maami said, "Periyava asks us to build a temple. Will you join?" We gave our immediate consent.

We prostrated to Periyava and told Him about the news. Periyava asked Rajappa Gurukkal who was near Him to show us the Sivalingams. Of the four Lingams we had a look, the Sevilimedu Lingam lingered in our minds. It was a large Lingam. When we said to Periyava, "We had a look at four Lingams", He immediately said, "You build the temple for the Sevilimedu Lingam." Whatever way He came to know of what I had in mind? Later when we started with the arrangements, He asked us to have one Sri Nagarajan of Kanchipuram for assisting us. My husband would come every Saturday and Sunday and buy the things required for building the temple.

Suddenly one day Periyava started on a yatra. I was very eager that Periyava should perform in the kumbhabhishekha of our temple. But we were told that Periyava was leaving for the North and it was not certain when He would return.

Sri Muthiah Stapati carved the Avudayar (the base of a Lingam), but we built only the sanctum sanctorum. Since Periyava had gone on yatra we could not perform the kumbhabhishekham.
I would daily go to the Shiva temple (BharatIswarar temple), light a lamp and go round nine times with the prayers that Periyava should come for our kumbhabhishekham. Meantime we visited the North and had darshan of Periyava. He was at that time in Mahagaon. When He saw us He said, "Conduct the temple kumbhabhishekham." I prayed to Him, "Only Periyava should come and do the kumbhabhishekham." He smiled and gave me the directions, "You visit all the doorsteps here, get some rice and wheat telling the householders that they are for my sake and send them to wherever I happen to stay." Then He looked at my husband and said, "You can't come yourself. Send them through Joshi." I was doing as ordered without break.
Because of everyone's prayer, Periyava came to Kanchi. On the day He reached there, we went to Him with a proposed kumbhabhishekham date. He gave His anugraha. When we came out, we were told that there was another kumbhabhishekham in Sivasthanam and that Periyavaa would visit only that and not ours. We went back and told this news to Periyava, but He asked us to conduct it on the same date.

The kumbhabhishekham day came. Ours was a simple ceremony with an expense of 6,000 to 7,000 rupees. They were doing it with a large sum of one lakh rupees. My mind was in a flutter that He should come. I was doing the smarana the whole night, constantly repeating to myself the words, 'Periyava should come', 'Periyava should come'. Before going to the temple in the morning when I went to have His darshan, He told me of everything I was thinking the whole of previous night. I was in a spiritual tingle.

Just seven people were there in our kumbhabhishekham. When we were almost done, and was about to pour the water in the holy pot over Swami, a boy came up running and cried, "Periyava is coming!" He literally came running, His feet going red in the hot sun of the Chitra month, took over the pot from us and did the abhishekam Himself. With Periyava, about a thousand people had gathered in our place. With many cars and vans on the queue, our kumbhabhishekham took place in a very grand manner--what grace we had! Even when writing this, my eyes pour water. He named the Swami Kailasa Nathar and did His bhiksha inside the sanctum and showed me 'I am the God!'

Since then, we used to do abhishekam for Kailasa Nathar and submit the prasada to Him. If one of us did not make it to Him, he would inquire the reason therefore.

Whenever I had mental suffering, He would come in my dream and say, "Why do you grieve when I am with you here?" Once when He came to Neyveli I was made a volunteer for the time of His pujas. One day I was standing alone. He called me and asked, "What would you want?" I did not know what to reply to that. I just thought that it was enough if I could have a perennial look at Him. He gave me His anugraha with a gesture of His hand and gave me kumkumam. My friends told me that I missed a good chance and should have asked to be blessed with a child.

It was ten years since I was married. In this way, Periyava used to give me anugraha of what I had in mind, but I wouldn't be able to orally ask Him anything when I stood before Him. He would of course know everything about me.

In the meantime, Periyava asked the then Minister Hon. Veerappan to arrange for the structural extension our temple. A committee was formed and the kumbhabhishekham was supposed to be held by a notable in the place. When the kumbhabhishekham date was fixed, I went to Periyava and asked what I should do about it. He said "Do nothing; just continue with it." Thinking why Periyava said like that I went back to my place. The kumbhabhishekham was on the 5th day of the Thai month. The Sankranti festival was over and on the day of Kanu we were sitting after our meals. A SriMatham assistant came and said, "Pudu Periyavaa wants you two to come immediately." When we rushed to meet him, he said, "Only you are doing the kumbhabhishekham. Come tomorrow. Get the anugraha of Periyaval and go." We were very happy. My husband said that it was not possible for him to withdraw the money at that time. He said he would make arrangements for the money and asked us to come on the morrow. He also said, "Periyava's health is not very good. Do not disturb Him. Myself and Bala Periyavaa will come and perform your kumbhabhishekham."

On the day of the kumbhabhishekham, we prostrated to Periyaval and took leave. I just thought inside my mind. 'When we built a small room, Periyava came to bless us. Now when this temple has been extended Periyava is not able to come.'

What a wonder! The Periyavaas came and performed the kumbhabhishekham as assured and gave us prasadam. The crowd dispersed. When we just thought of taking some prasadam as food, Maha Periyava came to the temple at that advanced age. I was apprehensive that Pudu Periyavaa might chide me, but nothing of that sort happened.

Later when we inquired, we learnt that the 'notable' who was to have conducted the kumbhabhishekham was out of station, so we had the bhagyam (fortune). In this way, Periyava has done a lot of anugraha for us.

Author: Jamba Nagasamy, Chennai (in Tamil)
Source: Maha Periyaval - Darisana Anubhavangal Vol. 4

[h=1]Source: MAHA PERIYAVA Public Group/Face Book

[/h]

[h=1]ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !
![/h]
Experiences with Maha Periyava: The Sub-Judge of Kumbhakonam andHis Holiness
The following is an English translation from the Tamil originalof an article by `A friend'. The article appearsin the souvenir published by the 450-year-old Raja Veda Kavya Patashala ofKumbhakonam.
He was a Sub-judge in Kumbhakonam (Tamilnadu) during 1961-63. Ihad not known him before or after he had assumed charge. One day, in the latterhalf of 1961, I was required to meet him. The message came through his clerk. Iwas a little surprised but when I went to meet him, he received me withcourtesy and asked me to associate myself with the effort to reform some publiccharitable institutions initially set up to do dharmic word.
Having under his control 35 such institutions, he had occasionto observe that they were not functioning according to the original intentionsof their founder/donors. As one who had no experience of running suchinstitutions, I was reluctant to undertake the assignment offered by theSub-Judge. When I showed my disinclination, the Sub-judge told me firmly but inan endearing tone: "Why do you reject a request to serve a good cause?People are generally inclined to go on talking endlessly about the deficienciesof public institutions. They stop with that. I did not know you before, and,yet, I called you here because God prompted me to do so. If you do not wish tohave a share in this good work, you will be committing a sin." I wasnonplussed.
Fortunately, the Paramacharya of Kanchi, JagadguruChandrasekharendra Saraswati, was then camping at Elayatthangudi. I put in atelephone call to the manager of the Math, Sri Viswanatha Iyer, and requestedhim to ascertain the wishes of His Holiness in the matter. He gave a reply callconveying the Paramacharya's approval to my undertaking the assignment. Iinformed the Sub-Judge about my willingness to take up the responsibility hehad intended to give me. Promptly, and with joy, he made me a trustee of theGovindakudi Appakkutti Iyer Charities. (GAC)
Along with me two more trustees were appointed. The Sub-Judgemade the three of us responsible for the running of the Veda Patashala underthe auspices of the GAC. He assured us of his help and support in overcomingall obstacles. Thanks to all round co-operation, we succeeded in reviving theVedic school and running it with a strength of 70 pupils.
One day the Sub-Judge took me to an Arabic College in a villagenear Mayavaram (now Mayiladuthurai). He took me to the classes where thestudents were taught the Koran with meaning. Turning to me, he said: "Likethis, even the Vedas should be taught so that there would be sustained growthof Vedapatashalas." I remembered immediately that the Paramacharya hadonce asked me about a `Vedabhashya College'. I did not have adequate funds thenbut when the Paramacharya broached the subject, I told him without hesitation:"If that be His Holiness's wish, I will do everything possible to startsuch a college." His Holiness replied that He would ask me to do so at theappropriate time.
Now, that my visit to the Arabic College, I was determined tostart one. I mentioned this to Paramacharya when I met Him the next time andrequested Him to inaugurate it also if He had the time and convenience. TheParamacharya nodded His head in assent with a smile on his lips.
The initial obstacles to the starting of the Vedabhashya Collegehaving been overcome with the help of Sub-Judge, I reported progress to theParamacharya. he remarked humorously: "Yes our own people will not listento me. Even without my telling him, the Sub-judge has done his best."
A few months later, when the Paramacharya was camping atKalyanapuram near Veppattur, the Sub-Judge expressed, rather hesitantly, adesire to meet Him. I told him that I would let him know His Holiness'sconvenience to meet Him in two days. When told His Holiness about theSub-Judge's desire, the Paramacharya readily agreed to meet him. TheSub-Judge's joy knew no bounds when I told him that he could visit theParamacharya.
The next day, late in the afternoon, both of us, the Sub-Judgeand I called on His Holiness. It was raining heavily. The sub-Judge stayed backin the car and I went to meet the Paramacharya. The Acharya was in the midst ofa discussion on some sastraic subject. The moment He saw me He gestured withHis hand to mean, `Where is he?' When I said that he was in the car, theAcharya asked me to take the Sub-Judge to a premises nearby. I did so andwithin a short time, in pouring rain, wading through the slush, the Acharyareached the building. His Holiness enquired of the Sub-Judge about his familyand honoured him with a shawl. The Sub-Judge replied to all the gentle queriesand was on the verge of tears. I was a silent witness to their colloquy."Be well, doing good things." He spoke not a word about the Veda Patashalaor the Vedabhashya College. Returning to Kumbhakonam, the Sub-Judge, asked meto fix the date for the inauguration of the Vedabhashya College. It was finallyopened by the Paramacharya on Dec. 12, 1963 at the Town High School,Kumbhakonam. About 5000 attended the function. Both the District judge and theSub-Judge were present and also spoke on the occasion.
The Paramacharya spoke for about two hours. He also introducedthe Sub-Judge to the gathering. When He had concluded his speech and the crowdhad started dispersing, the Paramacharya raised His hand in a gesture of askingthe people to sit down. He then narrated an incident.
When the Acharya's entourage which included the Math animals -the horse was carrying the drum - was passing in front of a mosque, there wereobjections from a group of Muslims. The horse was stopped but a conflict wassomehow avoided. One of the members of the group at the mosque wanted to meetthe Acharya the next day alone. The Acharya agreed though many objected to theAcharya meeting a stranger from what was considered to be a hostile communityalone.
The Acharya brushed aside all objections and met the gentlemanall alone. Did the visitor have any bad intention? No, all that he wanted wasto read out to the Acharya the slokas in Sanskrit he had composed in praise ofthe Acharya! Asked how he learnt Sanskrit and what occupation he was engaged inthe visitor replied that he had learnt Sanskrit from his father and otherelders and that he was running a mutton shop! After narrating this episode, theParamacharya said: "There are good people in every community," andmade a brief reference to the good work of the Sub-Judge.
The Sub-Judge had several meetings with the Paramacharya afterthis function. When he was in some difficulty and I mentioned it to theParamacharya, the Acharya just observed: "Both of you have God'sgrace." The Sub-Judge used to say: `Dharma will protect.'
Innumerable are the acts of benevolence of the Sub-Judge. He sawto it that the students of the Veda Patashala and the Vedabhashya College wereproperly fed and taken care of.
This is a divinity that binds us, the Sub-Judge and I as well asthe Math.
What is the name of the Sub-judge? Judge Kamaluddin!
Source: kamakoti.org
[h=1]Source: MAHA PERIYAVA Public Group/Face Book[/h]

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Sri Maha Periyava's advice to an NRI

Once in Sri Kanchi, there were some people standing near Sri Maha Periyava to have darshan and His blessings.

A rich looking man in his early 60s, came there with his family. They were all in very costly dresses and jewels. When his turn came he sat down on the floor opposite to Periyava who had a rope tied around Him as a fence.

Periyava just looked at him.

The rich man started to speak with his Malayalam accent in Tamil, “Periyava! I am in the United States for the last 25 years. I honestly married our Indian girl and came to India only for that purpose. This is my bharyal (wife) and these are my puthrans and puthris! (sons and daughters). Though we are in the States, we strictly follow our Indian Brahmin traditions and customs. I perform sandhyavandanam daily in the morning and evening. See I don’t even miss any annual shraddham (pithru karma) of my father and mother. Whatever is required for this purpose I can easily get them from here. I am very particular about it, you know Periyava? Yes! (Enai petthava nalla paragathi adaiya naan evvalavu venumnalum selavu panna thayar Periyava!) I am ready to spend any amount for my late parents to let them get good position in heaven. This is because of two reasons. Firstly they are my parents who gave me this body. Secondly, I should be the role model for my son, isn’t it? Only then, he will follow all this and do these karmas for me too in future, isn’t it? If we the elders go in the right direction and create a raja paadai (royal path) surely the next generation too will go in that same right direction smoothly and easily. Pithrukkalai vida osandha periya deivam yaaru irukka, Periyava? (Other than the pithrus, which other God is in higher level than them). And, finally, I shall be very happy, atleast if some people learn from me and follow these to show their sense of gratitude to their late parents and pithrus, Periyava! I am right, isn’t it? What do you say, Periyava? “

All the people standing nearby including the Mutt people, were furiously looking at him because of his ill manners and boastful blabberings. So long Periyava was just looking at the floor with His head down.

Now, slowly lifted His head and began to ask him questions “Nee indha shraddhatthukku samanlam ingerundhu varavazhaikka etthanai selavaradhu? (How much does it cost to import the required items to perform a shraddham there?)

Looking around very proudly, he said some amount in dollars and the equivalent Indian rupees, in his manner.

Periyava “Oh! It costs that much? I didn’t think it would cost that much! What about the shraddha manthras and a purohit to conduct it? “

“That’s not a big thing at all Periyava. Nowadays science has advanced so much. And I take advantage of it for such good reasons only. There is one device called tape recorder and cassettes.

I recorded all the mantras through my permanent family purohit at my home here. And use it while I perform the shraddha there. Mansirundha margam undunnu solluva, illiya? (They say that if there is will, there is a way, isn’t it?)

Periyava: “Oh! So there is a way like this to perform the shraddha scientifically too! “
“Saraiyaach chonnel Periyava! “

Periyava: “To come here and go back to your States, how much does it cost, each time?”

Then, he replied elaborately about the different flight fares and other costly expenses and said finally “But I always come and go back in executive class only. The reason being to avoid some unwanted elements of the lower class passengers who will take advantage and move with us equally and sometimes, it will become dangerous too for people like me".

Periyava: “Do you visit India every year and when?”

“Oh! That I can’t say, Periyava. Because, both officially and unofficially I visit here. When I visit officially I come alone. But every year unofficially visiting India during the Christmas holidays there and also during the Navarathri season without fail. For Navarathri I come with my whole family, because of 2 reasons. Modhalle, andha Ambal, Lokamatha, ellathaiyum aatti padaikira Akilaanda koti nayaki illainna indha lokam edhu? (Firstly, if that supermost power is not there, then how will this world be there?”) Secondly, to create interest in these religious functions and festivals and to understand their value, I bring my children here. Money is not the only criteria in life. These types of good habits must be absorbed by them to become good citizens in future."

Periyava: “So, you earn plenty there and spend lavishly only to bring up your children properly and to satisfy your pithrus! And, you have a good chance of coming to India both officially and unofficially. From the way you explained here, I can understand that you are meeting particular relatives only to suit your standard, because you want to avoid unnecessary low level people taking advantage by coming near you!

Now the other people’s faces became bright with smiles as they understood where Periyava’s talk was leading to! On the contrary, the rich man’s group began to make curves in their bodies. The main person was simply staring at Periyava to avoid others eyes.

"You can spend any amount to import anything required from here to perform the pithrukaryams there only to suit your convenience. Who advised you to do all these pithrukaryams there? How will they be able to take their pindams offered by you there in that para desa (foreign country)? They can and are allowed to accept the pindams and the monthly therthams (new moon tharpanam) and Mahalaya tharpanams and shraddhams only in this Bharatha punya bhoomi.

That is all the more reasons we Indians Brahmins are refrained from crossing the sea or going abroad. These pithru karmas are done to get their blessings and for the welfare of our family and the future generation too. Yes! You are right in saying that there is no deivam superior to the pithrus. Each time, when you did the shraddha there, they all came there eagerly and hungrily too to receive the pindams and to bless you all.

On the contrary, they couldn’t do so and had to return back with empty stomachs cursing you all these years. You are able to programme well in advance to come to India to celebrate the super most power during the Navarathri. And, you thought it was a huge waste to visit India to perform the Pithrukaryam alone. Now, all your poor pithrus are waiting here eagerly and very hungrily to receive your pindams and therthams. Immediately tell your family shastri to perform the pithru karmas for all these 25 years in one shraddha at the right place convenient to you and him. The pithrus will be very happy at this and bless you all."

The rich man’s ego disappeared and with tears rolling down his cheeks fell at feet of the real Guru/God who was smiling happily and blessing all. The rich man got up and said in a crying tone flapping his cheeks “Maha Periyava, En deivame. En kannaith thirandhuttel. (O! my God. you have opened my eyes.) Thappup pannitten, Maha thappup pannnitten Periyava. (I have done a very big blunder) Ippove poyi Periyava uttharavuppadi itthanai varusha shraddhatthaiyum kandippa seyyaren. (Immediately I will perform the shraddha of all these years balance as per the order of Periyava.) Enga ellaraiyum Periyava periya mansudan mannicchu prasadam tharanunun vendikkiren! Idhukku mela enakku onnum sollath theriyale. “(I request that Periyava should forgive us all with great karuna and give us prasadam. I don’t have anything more to say).
Periyava gave them the prasadam of fruits kalkandu, kumkum, flower and a blouse bit to his wife and said. (Ellarum madatthula aaharam pannittu ambalaiyum darsanam pannittu pogalam. shraddhamlam pannittup oorukkup poradhukku munnadi vandhuttup po) All of you have your meals here in the Mutt and visit the Kamakshi temple.After finishing with the pithru karma, before returning back to your country, visit here again and go) ellarum shemama iruppel! (All of you will be very fine) and lifted His palms to them and others too and blessed with His eternal and divine smile! The rich man and his family again did a shaashtaanga namaskaram saying “Adhudhan Periyava venum, adhudhan venum!) That’s what we want Periyava) and slowly went back with bright faces.

The man who was full of ego spoke and about himself in volumes to Periyava, said, “I don’t have anything more to say. You have opened my eyes.”

Who else can advise markedly to such a person without wounding his heart and also realise his great blunder of 25 years to his pithrus? Further how beautifully He had got him the blessings of his pithrus too to relieve him from the permanent curse too.

Oh! Splendid. Nobody in the world would have tolerated this much of ego and correct him too in such a mild manner and bless him also!!!

This is the foremost lesson we all should learn from our Guru!

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

காஞ்சி மகா பெரியவா எப்போதும் காமாட்சி அம்மன் விகிரஹத்துக்கு
பூஜை அபிஷேகம் செய்வது வழக்கம் .

அவர் அபிஷேகம் முடிந்து அலங்காரம் செய்யும் பொது , அவரது பக்தர்களில் ஒருவரான தியாகராஜ பண்டிதர் , ஓரு வெள்ளை வேஷ்டியால் ஆன திரை ஒன்றை இருபுறமும் இழுத்து தூக்கி பிடித்துக்கொண்டு அலங்காரம் முடிந்து , தீபாராதனைக்கு தயாராகும் வரை நிற்பாராம் . அவர் நல்ல 6 அடிக்கு மேல் உயரம் உள்ளவர் . பெரியவா அலங்கார முடிந்து மணி அடிக்கும் வரை திரையை பிடித்து கொண்டிருப்பாராம் . இவ்வாறு ஓரு முறை அவர் திரையை பிடித்து கொண்டிருக்கும் பொது , வெகு நேரம் ஆகியும் பெரியவா மணி அடிக்கவில்லையாம். வெகு நேரம் திரையை பிடித்துக்கொண்டிருந்ததால் ..அவர் கை லேசாக வலிக்க ஆரம்பித்ததாம் ..அந்த நொடி நேரத்தில் அவர் கை லேசாக தாழ ...நொடி நேரத்தில் அவர் கண்ட காட்சி , அவரை உரையவைத்ததாம் ..பெரியவா மடியில் ஒரு அழகான பெண் குழந்தை..தலை நிறைய பூ வைத்து..நெற்றி நிறைய பொட்டு வைத்து ..புத்தாடைகள் உடுத்து..அமர்திருந்ததாம் ..அலங்காரம் செய்து கொண்டிருந்த அம்பாள் சிலையை காணவில்லையாம் ..அதே நொடியில் பெரியவா கையில் ஜலத்தை எடுத்து பின்னோக்கி வீச ..பண்டிதர் முகத்தில் ஜலம் தெறிக்க அவர் விழித்து கொண்டு மீணடும் திரையை தூக்கி பிடிக்க ..எல்லாம் நொடிகளில் நடந்தது...பண்டிதருக்கு ஒன்றும் புரியவில்லை ..நான் கண்ட காட்சி என்ன ?? பெரியவா மடியில் இருந்த பெண் குழந்தை யார் ?? அம்பாள் விகிரஹம் எங்கே மறைந்தது ..அப்படியானால் நான் பார்த்தது ..தரிசனம் கண்டது..அம்பாளையா ..ஸ்ரீ காமட்சி அம்மனையா ?? ஒருபுறம் அடங்காத மகிழ்ச்சி ..மறுபுறம் மனக்குழப்பம் ...அதே நேரம் மணி ஒலிக்க ..திரையை விலக்கினார் பண்டிதர் .. அங்கே அம்பாளின் சிலைக்கு தீபம் கட்டி கொண்டிருந்தார் மஹாபெரியவா ..வந்திருந்த பக்தர்கள் யாவரும் வழிபட்டு வணங்கினர் ..பண்டிதருக்கு குழப்பம் தீரவில்லை..எப்படியாவது இன்று இரவு பெரியவாளிடம் கேட்டு குழப்பத்தை தீர்க்கவேண்டும் ..இன்று முடிவு செய்து..அன்று இரவு பெரியவா இளைப்பாறும் முன் சென்று ..பக்தி பணிவோடு..தன் குழப்பதை தெரிவித்தார் ..பெரியவா அமைதியாக ..ஆமாம் நீ கண்டது ஸ்ரீ காமட்சி அம்மனை தான் என்று கூறி..உனக்கு இன்று தரிசிக்கும் பாக்கியத்தை அம்பாள் கொடுத்திருக்கிறார் ..என்று சொல்லி ஆசீர்வதித்தாராம் ..மேலும் இதை வெளியே சொல்லவேண்டாம் என்றும் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்..இதை கேட்ட பண்டிதர் பூரித்துப்போனாராம் ..
என்ன ஓரு மஹாபெரியவா மகிமை..
என்ன பாக்கியம்.

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Helping the Poor is Pooja we do to God

Sri Maha Periyava was travelling in the Kodavasal–Koradacherry route in Thanjavoor district in Tamil Nadu. On the way in Tirukklambur, the slum people met Him and submitted their humble offerings.
Paramacharya spoke to everyone, heard their welfare and woes. Unhurriedly, He discussed the details with the Manager as to what SriMatham could do to mitigate their woes, either in their own capacity or with the charity of affordable devotees.

The Managers and the other officials started worrying about the ensuing delay for their next camp and the following pujas. The God of the poor, however, seated Himself among them, and ordered dhotis and saris for everyone present there from the local textile shop. If that shop did not have the required goods, Paramacharya ordered them bought from Kodavasal. He also ordered preparation of thick sambar rice to be served to the people under the shade of the trees.

The Manager was worried that the two or three hours time spent in these activities would delay reaching their next camp and that it would be very tedious for Periyava to undertake the long pooja thereafter.

When He started to express his feeings, Paramacharya simply said, “This is also a pooja.”
What a Divine message: Helping the poor and supporting the poor is also pooja we do to God.
Source: Maha Periyaval Virundhu by Ra Ganapathi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experiences with Maha Periyava: “Strange Plea”
(Periyava sent the prasadam by flight, accepting the request of His devotee)

Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar was a devotee and owner of several land and real estates. He had come for Periyava’s darisanam almost fifty years back. What made him do it, we do not know, but he put forth a strange request to Sri Maha Periyava.

“Once I breathe my last, Periyava must favour me by sending Ganga Jalam and Tulasi leaves as prasadam to cleanse the body and soul and get me liberated”.

No one else except Periyava heard this strange request and Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar did not mention about it to anyone.

Later when Sri Matham was camping in Satara in Maharashtra a message was received over phone that Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar has attained the heavenly abode.

Periyava was informed about it at the appropriate moment. He was silent for a minute. Then He gave Ganga Jalam and Tulasi leaves to His shishya and sent him to Sathanoor by flight.

The disciple went to Aiyar’s house and put the prasadams on the mortal remains before he embarked on his final journey.

How is it possible to remember the request of a devotee even after fifty years? Even though there was no witness, even though Periyava was in a place so far away, his request was honoured and fulfilled by Periyava.

That is the grace of Periyava!

Narrated by: SriMatham Balu Mama
Source: Maha Periyaval Darisana Anubhavangal

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

[h=1]Experiences with Maha Periyava: And He was there with my Amma during the entire duration of the operation![/h]
I live in Kanchipuram now. In my childhood we used to live in Triplicane. I met Him in my childhood with my father in Kanchipuram. I will narrate these two miracles.

In 1975 when I was studying SSLC, my mother had severe stomach ache. We showed her to Dr Lakshmi Kumari who said there was a cancerous tumour in the uterus. We had her admitted in Gosha Hospital and the operation was scheduled. I was the eldest child in our family and had three siblings. The Doctor said that she had only opened and then stitched back the area as the situation was quite grave with the cancer having spread all over the body and said that my mother will pass away before 10.30 in the morning the next day. And asked us to inform all our relatives and friends.

My father wanted to have darshan of Sri Maha Periyava immediately and left for Kanchipuram/Thenambakkam. He met Periyava and told Him how the Doctor had no hopes for my mother and that he would struggle to take care of us four young children without his wife. The Sarveshwaran took an apple in His hand and went into meditation. He put some kumkum (vermillion powder) on the apple and gave it to my father and told him, “Make sure your wife consumes this at the earliest, before 10.30 am tomorrow”.

We rushed back to Madras. Since the Doctor had removed all my mother’s teeth we boiled the apple, added sugar, mashed the pulp and gave the juice to my mother. The doctor came at 10.30 am to check my mother and was stunned to see the progress made by my mother. We just told the Doctor that Periyava had given an apple for her. She remarked, “Only He has saved her life, nothing was in my hands!”

Two days later my mother told us, “On the day of the operation Periyava was sitting cross legged on her chest and asked her,

“Whom do you want, Dr Lakshmi Kumari or Dr Indra Ramaswamy or Me? I know that you will not be satisfied with them and will want only me!” And He was there with my Amma during the entire duration of the operation!

My mother lived for two more years. The problem recurred in 1977. My father went to Kanchi to meet Periyava. Periyava said, “You all say that I had given her life, but that is not correct. It is not in not in My Hands. As a Guru I can only postpone the inevitable. It is only due to the Grace of God that your wife lived for two years!”

My mother wanted the sacred thread ceremony for my brothers to be conducted at the same time my wedding was performed. My father told Periyava that my mother was anxious that my marriage be performed as soon as possible before she passed away. He told him, “You first arrange for the sacred thread ceremony for your sons immediately, I will take care of the marriage of your daughter!”

There was a lady by name Sumathi in Murugan Sangam. She had lot of Bhakthi towards Periyava. During her daughter’s marriage she saw that someone had gifted Sri Maha Periyava’s picture as a wedding present. Since it was meant for the groom’s family and she handed it over to them. Two years passed and she was returning to Madras from Bangalore after visiting her daughter. Periyava came in her dreams in the train and told her, “I wanted to come to your home, but you gave me to the groom’s family! Why did you do that? Take Me from them into your home!”

She was stunned! She did not know how to approach the groom’s family. The next day, Periyava appeared in the dreams of the groom’s family member and told them, “I was with you during the Chaturmaasya period. Now hand me over to them!”

When she reached their home, they told her of Periyava’s instructions to them and duly handed over His picture to her!”

Narrated by Smt Shrimathy Kadambam

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Guru Bhakti

Who is God and what is His definition? In almost every religion, God is referred to as the Creator, the karta, responsible for the creation and sustenance of the Universe. Since every effect must have a cause, namely God, for this Universe. This is brought out in the Brahma-Sutra by the expression Karta Saatraartha Tvat. Another definition of God is that He is the dispenser of the fruits of our actions, be they good or evil--- Karmaphala-daata. The question may be asked why we should have the Bhakti for the God who is the creator and dispenser. These are His self -chosen functions and he does them. Why should we have devotion to one who created, not at our request, and who dispenses, not according to our choice?

This question does not arise in the case of schools of thought which deny a God altogether. Among the Vaidika systems, the Saankhya denies a creator -God and the Poorva Meemamsa has no use for Him. It is a non-intelligent principle that is responsible for the world according to the former, and the dispensation of fruits of actions is due, according to the latter, to Adrshta, and a God is unnecessary for the purpose. Sri Sankara Bhagavatpada combated both these positions and established that a Jada vastu cannot come from another JadaVastu, an intelligent God alone must be the cause of the Universe. He also showed that a Chaitanya (power) is necessary to dispense fruits of Karma according to the merit. In fact, Sri Shankara directed his criticism mainly against the views of the Saankhyaas and Meemamsakaas respectively and unlty incidentally against the Buddhists, though he is depicted as having Banished Buddhism from the country by the force of dialectics. As a matter of fact, it was left to two neo-contemporaries of the Sri Shankara, Kumarila Bhatta, the Meemamsaka, and Udayanacharya, the Taartika, to undermine the foundations of Buddhism. Kumarila disproved the no-Karma plank, and Udayana the no-Iswara plank of Buddhism.

Having established that there is a Creator who is Srshtikarta and the Phala-daata, the question remains why should we show Bhakti to Him? The Yoga sutras of Patanjali provide the answer. After defining Yoga as a the control of mind's activity, the question of the way to control that activity comes up for consideration and it is answered that this can be brought about by worship of God, who free from any imperfection or blemish, who remains unmoved and unmovable, who is the Sthaanu (stable one), amidst the imperfect and unstable things of the world being the all-knowing Intelligence God is not affected by anything which could distract the mind and prevent its control. It is such an ideal that we should have before us, to train ourselves in mind-control so that the mind may be almost absolutely study like a flame in a place where there is no breeze. Since concentrated meditation on a thing transforms one into the likeness of the thing meditated upon, meditating on God, who being Omniscient is still unmoved and unaffected by want or desire, makes on like God Himself. As one holds fast to steady pillar to prevent from being tossed about, so too should one bind oneself through Bhakti to God, to steady one's mind.

The purpose of prayer is not petition for benefits. Such petitioning implies either that God does not know what we want, which will militate against His Omniscience, or that He waits to be asked and delights in praise, which will degrade Him to the level of ordinary man. Why then do we pray? Though Omniscient God is immanent in every creature and knows what is in the heart of every person, yet, if what we wish to say in prayer remains unsaid, it afflicts our heart and so prayer heals that affliction. By prayer, we do not seek to change what God ordains; in fact, we cannot do so. We go to Him to remove our impurities. As Tiruvalluvar said, we attach ourselves to Him who has no attachments to rid ourselves of our attachments. A devout consciousness that God exists will itself do the miracle of alchemising us into purity of nature. We obtain a spiritual charge into our frame by being in His presence.

Guru is Iswara in human form, but who is, however, free from the triple functions of creation, preservation and destruction, which pertain only to Iswara. If we have absolute faith in him, the Guru will shower us with all for which we go to God. In fact, God is needed only when we cannot find a guru. Guru-Bhakti is even higher and more efficacious than Deiva-bhakti. Sri Vedanta Desikar has declared that he does not consider God higher than Guru. According to a verse, when God is angry, the guru protects you; when the guru himself is angry, there is no protector in the world. If we surrender ourselves absolutely without any reservation to the Guru, he will save us from all sorrow and show us the way to salvation. It is due to lack of Guru-bhakti that Iswara-bhakti itself is waning in the hearts of men.

"Acharya's Call"- invaluable speeches given by His Holiness Sri Sri Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Mahaswamiji
October 20, 1957

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: “Strange Plea”

(Periyava sent the prasadam by flight, accepting the request of His devotee)

Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar was a devotee and owner of several land and real estates. He had come for Periyava’s darisanam almost fifty years back. What made him do it, we do not know, but he put forth a strange request to Sri Maha Periyava.

“Once I breathe my last, Periyava must favour me by sending Ganga Jalam and Tulasi leaves as prasadam to cleanse the body and soul and get me liberated”.

No one else except Periyava heard this strange request and Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar did not mention about it to anyone.

Later when Sri Matham was camping in Satara in Maharashtra a message was received over phone that Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar has attained the heavenly abode.

Periyava was informed about it at the appropriate moment. He was silent for a minute. Then He gave Ganga Jalam and Tulasi leaves to His shishya and sent him to Sathanoor by flight.

The disciple went to Aiyar’s house and put the prasadams on the mortal remains before he embarked on his final journey.

How is it possible to remember the request of a devotee even after fifty years? Even though there was no witness, even though Periyava was in a place so far away, his request was honoured and fulfilled by Periyava.

That is the grace of Periyava!

Narrated by: SriMatham Balu Mama

Source: Maha Periyaval Darisana Anubhavangal

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

ப்ரத்யக்ஷ தெய்வம் ஸ்ரீமஹாபெரியவா!

இன்று அலுவலகத்திலிருந்து வரும் வழியில் வியக்கத்தக்கதொரு நிகழ்வு. வீடு திரும்பியதும் சந்தியா வந்தனம் செய்து ஸ்ரீ மஹாபெரியவாளை வணங்கிவிட்டு முதற்கண் உங்கள் யாவரிடமும் பகிர்கிறேன்.

மவுண்ட் ரோடில் வந்து கொண்டிருந்தவன் காமதேனு கூட்டுறவு கடையினருகே ஒரு கிழவி சாலையினோரமாய் நடைபாதையில் உட்கார்ந்தபடி தனது துணி மூட்டையில் முன்புறமாய் தலைசாய்த்து படுத்திருப்பதைப் பார்த்தவனுக்கு அதிர்ச்சி - ஒருவேளை பசிமயக்கத்தில் சாய்ந்து விட்டாரா என.

வண்டியை நிறுத்திவிட்டு அருகே சென்று அந்த அம்மாளை எழுப்பி, "இந்தாங்கம்மா! ஏதாச்சும் வாங்கி பசியாறுங்க! எனச் சொல்லி கையில் பணத்தினைத் திணித்தேன். கையில் வாங்கியவர் அதனை வாய்முன்பு எடுத்துச் சென்றுவிட்டு அது பணம் என்பதை உணர்ந்து மௌனமாக என்னை ஏறேடுத்துப் பார்த்தார். எனக்கு கண்கள் பணித்து விட்டது. அவருக்கு பசி மயக்கம் தானென புரிந்து கொண்டேன்.

உடனே அருகில் ஏதேனும் கடையிருக்கிறதா என நோக்கினேன். ஒரு பெட்டிக்கடை. அங்கு போய் ஒரு கப் டீயும், இரண்டு சமோசாவும் வாங்கி வந்து அந்த அம்மாளிடம் தந்தேன். சமோசாவை வாங்கியவுடனேயே கிடுகிடுவென சாப்பிட்ட அவர், பின்பு ஒர் ஆஸ்வாசப்பார்வையுடன் என்னை நோக்கி புன்சிரிப்பொன்றை உதிர்த்தார். எனக்கு மனசுக்கு ரொம்பவும் இனிமையாக தோன்றியது. நானும் ஒரு சிரிப்பினை வரவழைத்துக்கொண்டேன்.

அந்த அம்மாள், டீ கப்பை கையிலெடுத்து, "இந்தா கண்ணு, நீயும் ஒரு வா குடிச்சுட்டு எனக்குந்தாயேன்" என்றார். எனக்கு அழுகையே வந்து விட்டது. என் அம்மாவே திரும்ப என் முன்பாய் வந்து சொல்வது போலுணர்ந்தேன். "சாணு" என்றுமே என்னை விட்டகலவில்லை! சந்தோஷத்துடன் அந்த கப்பை வாங்கி ஒரு வாய் டீயைக் குடித்தேன் - என்னையுமறியாமல். சுடச்சுட வாங்கி வந்த டீ தற்போது மிதமான சூட்டில் இருந்தது. அந்த அம்மாவும் டீயை அருந்திவிட்டு என்னை ஆசிர்வதித்து விட்டு, துணிமூட்டையைப் பிரித்து ஒரு சிறிய படத்தினை கையிலெடுத்து, "இந்தாப்பா, இத உங்கூடவே வச்சுக்க. உன்னய இவரு காப்பாத்துவாரு"நு என் கைகளில் திணித்தார். வியப்பின் உச்சிக்கே சென்றுவிட்டேன்.

காரணம், அந்த சிறிய படம் நான் சென்ற பிப்ரவரி முதலாக எல்லா இடங்களிலும் பக்தகோடிகளுக்கு வழங்கி வரும் மஹாபெரியவா படம்!

முழுமையாக அதில் எழுதிய பாடலை அந்த அம்மா வாய்விட்டு சொல்ல என்னால் நிற்க முடியாமல் உணர்வுத்தினைப்பின் உச்சியில்!

சீர்கொண்ட தெய்வீகத் திருமுகமும் திருக்கரத்தில்
மெய்கொண்ட திருத் தண்டமும் மேனியில்
உருகொண்ட சத்சிவமும் கனமாலையும் துளசியும்
மெய்கொண்ட திருச்சாந்தும் சங்தனமும் தான்கொண்ட
எம்பெருமான் ஆச்சார்யன் திருவடிகள் போற்றி! போற்றி!

என அந்த அம்மாள் கடகடவென மனப்பாடமாக கூறிமுடித்தாள். அவளுக்கு ஒரு அறுவதவயதாவது இருக்கும்.

குளித்து குறைந்தது பத்து நாட்களாவது ஆகியிருக்கும். சாலை மணலின் வாடை அவளது மேனியினின்று வீச்சம் தந்தாலும், அவளது குரலில் வழிந்த வாசம் என்னைத் திக்குமுக்காடவைத்தது.

என்னையுமறியாமல் நான் முணுமுணுக்க ஆரம்பித்தேன். "எம்பெருமான் ஆச்சார்யன் திருவடிகள் போற்றி! போற்றி!!" கண்ணீருடன் அந்த அம்மாளின் கைகளைத்தொட்டு கண்ணில் ஒற்றிக்கொண்டு அந்த படத்தினை எனது சட்டைப் பைக்குள் திணித்துக்கொண்டு அந்த அம்மாவுக்கு எனது அலுவலகப் பைக்குள்ளிருந்த கட்டிலிருந்து அதே படமொன்றை தந்தேன்.
கண்ணு, வேற யாருக்காச்சும் கொடு! பல நாட்களாக இந்த பாடலைப் படிச்சு மனப்பாடம் ஆகிருச்சு. தா, இப்ப கூட பசி மயக்கத்துல அந்த பாடலைத்தான் சொல்லிக்கினுருந்தேன். பாரேன்! நீ எங்கிருந்தோ வந்து என் வயிற நிறைச்சுபுட்ட" நல்லா இரு கண்ணு!... பீறிட்டு வந்த அழுகைதனை வெளிக்காட்ட தைரியமின்றி, "பிறகு ஒரு நாள் சந்திப்போம் தாயீ"நு சொல்லிட்டு என் மோட்டார்சைக்கிளை நோக்கி நகர்ந்தேன்!

Contd..../2

Contd....../2

வீடு வரும் வரையிலும் மௌனம் என்னில் கரைபுரண்டோடியது...வீட்டிற்குள் நுழைந்தது ஸ்ரீமஹாபெரியவாள் விக்ரஹத்துக்கு ஒரு நமஸ்காரம் செய்யும் வரை!

ஹே! பரமதாயாளா! அனாத ரக்ஷகா! அம்மாவும் அப்பாவும் இல்லே நேக்கு! தாத்தா, பாட்டி தெரியாது! எல்லாமே நீ தான் நேக்கு. சந்தர்ப்பத்தில் ஒருமுறை எனக்குக் கிடைத்த உந்தன் படத்தினை ஓரிருவருக்கு கொடுக்கையில் அவர்கள் முகத்தில் நான் கண்ட சந்தோஷத்தினைக் கண்டு, எனது மகனின் உபநயனத்தின்போது கலந்துகொண்ட உறவினர்களுக்குக் கொடுக்க முதன்முதலாக இந்தத்திருவுருவைப் ப்ரிண்ட் செய்தேன்.

அருமை நண்பனொருவனது கட்டளைப் படி காதல் கவிதைகளையும், வாழ்த்துக் கவிதைகளையும் எழுதிக்கொண்டிருந்த நான் அந்தபடத்தில் உன் உருவைக் கண்டு மனதில் தோன்றியதை எழுதினேன் அந்த பாடலுடனேயே படத்தினை நண்பர்களின் அறிவுரைபேரில் ப்ரிண்ட்டும் செய்தேன். என்னை இந்த 2013 வருடம் முழுவதுமாக திரும்பத்திரும்ப ப்ரிண்ட் செய்து அனைவருக்கும் வழங்கச் செய்தாய்! இதுவரை எனது இந்த யக்ஞம் ஒரு லட்சம் பூர்த்தியாகி விட்டது. மீதம் கிடடத்தட்ட 3800 படம் கையில் உள்ள நிலையில்... உந்தன் பிரசாதமாக இன்று ஒரு அம்மா கையால் எனக்கும் கிடைக்கச் செய்துள்ளாயே! மறுக்கவே முடியாது எவராலும்! நீ அனாத ரக்ஷகன் தாம்! கண்களில் பொலபொலவென நீர் பணிக்க மண்டியிட்டு வேண்டினேன்.

அன்பான உறவுகளே! பெரியவா பத்தி எது இருந்தாலும் இன்றுவரை உங்கள் யாவரிடமும் பகிர்ந்துள்ளேன். இதோ! இந்த பகிர்வை எழுகைதுயிலும் அழுதுகொண்டே எழுதுகிறேன - ஆனால் ஆனந்த அழுகையுடன்!

பரமேஸ்வரா! பரந்தாமா! பரப்ரும்ம ஸ்வரூபியே! அம்மையப்பனாச்சார்ய ஸ்வாமீ! இனி என்வாழ் நாளில் என்றென்றும் உந்தன் திருவுருவப் படத்தினைத் தொடர்ந்து அனைவருக்கும் "பெரியவா சரணம், பெரியவா சரணம்"னு உன் னாமத்தை உச்சரித்தவண்ணம் கொடுத்துவரும் பாக்கியமொன்றை மட்டும் என்றென்றும் தா! எனும் எந்தன் ப்ரார்த்தனைக்கு நீங்களும் உங்கள் ப்ரார்த்தனைகள் மூலமாக பலம் தாருங்கள்.
பவதி பிக்ஷாந்தேஹி!

முதற்பதத்திற்கு பாடல் எழுதும்போது நான் சாணு புத்திரன். இப்போது இரண்டாம் படத்திற்கு பாடல் எழுதும் போது என் தாத்தாவின் ஊர்மக்களில் பல பேரையும் என்னை அறியவைத்து உடையாளூர் சாணு புத்திரனாக அவர்களே எனக்கு பேர் சூட்டுமளவு தயை புரிந்த "உம்மாச்சி தாத்தா"வுக்கு ஆயிரமாயிரம் நமஸ்காரங்கள்!!

- உடையாளூர் சாணு புத்திரன்.

Experiences with Maha Periyava: The Photographer’s devotion!

A photographer from Trichy was an ardent devotee of Sri Maha Periyava. He owned a small studio.

In the puja room of his house Kanchi Sri Maha Periyava's picture would be prominent!

Every morning, after taking bath, he would keep some offering in front of the picture and pray, and only then would he commence his daily work! His lips would be always chanting Periyava's naamam.

Once Periyava visited Kurnool in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It was a hot region, and the sun was radiating intense heat.

This photographer from Trichy got the desire to have Periyava's darshan. Before he boarded the train that morning, he poured hot milk in a tumbler and kept it as offering before Periyava's picture.

The crowd of devotees at Kurnool exceeded the capacity of the place where the Sage was staying. Multitudes of people were to be seen wherever one turned. Our photographer couldn't make it in from any of the sides. He got up on a heap of sand at some distance and tried to have darshan of Periyava. The intense heat of the sand scorched his legs. He started to move away thinking that he would have darshan in the evening after the crowd became lesser in number. He had the feeling that he could not have darshan of the Sage after having travelled this far.

He would have walked a small distance, when it seemed to him that somebody was calling him from behind; he turned to have a look.

A disciple came to him running. "Have you come from Trichy?"

"Yes."

"Periyava asked me to bring you to him."

"Bring me?" The photographer was surprised.

"Are you a photographer?"

"Yes."

"In that case, you come with me."

The disciple took the man with him and produced him before Periyava. His palms folded, his eyes watering, the photographer stood before the sage, forgetting his outer self.

Looking him over, the Mahan said, "You have come this far to see me. What is the meaning of going away without seeing me?"

The photographer stammered: "The crowd was heavy. Thought I could come after it lessened..."
"Alright, did you have a meal?"

"Yes, I had."

After pausing for a few seconds, the Mahan said, "Did you have a look at my mouth?"

He showed His tongue out. It looked red, as if affected by heat! Then He said: "Even my lips have got blisters, you know why?"

The photographer could not understand.

"You kept the milk very hot and came away in a hurry, that’s why."

The man from Trichy only then remembered about his hot milk offering to the sage. He fell at the sage's feet, prostrating on the ground and wailed, "Maha Prabhu, kindly pardon me!"

The wealth of devotion that the photographer had and the immense grace of the sage who took the devotee's offering forthwith! It was a bhakti that was Satvikam (good and gentle), a bhakti that considered God as everything by the devotee!

Source: Sakthi Vikatan issue dated Nov 26, 2004

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: “Everything Will Happen As Per Your Wish.”

Sri Maha Periyava is the incarnation of Lord Eswara Himself, who has come down in the form of a sage with the sarva lakshana of Sukhabrahma Rishi to bless us all. Though He never attempted to display His spiritual powers explicitly, innumerable miracles stand as a testimony for the power of His blessings to save the world.

Such a miracle was witnessed at an event happened at Tirupathi Kshetram. It happened about fifty years ago. It is a common practice for the people of Tirupathi Tirumala Devasthanam to bring changes in the temple, to facilitate easy darshan to the devotees considering the ever increasing number.

Likewise once the Public Works Department and the Devasthanam members had planned for such a change. It was customary for the people to go into the Sanctum Sanctorum and come out through the same way as they went in. Instead, if the side walls of the Artha Mandapa was removed and a way made through it, people could move to their right and left sides freely, which would reduce their difficulties in having darshan and would save time too. This was the plan to be executed by them.

This plan was discussed in detail and a decision was taken to purchase a cutting machine from America at the cost of Rupees forty lakhs to execute it.

Listening to all this, Sri Ganapathy Sthapathy who was present there was thoroughly upset. His face reflected the turmoil in his heart. A minister present in the hall noticed it.

“Why is Sthapathy so silent? Is this arrangement okay with you?” asked the minister to the Sthapathy himself.

“Shall I share my views openly?” asked the Sthapathy for which the minister nodded his agreement.

The Sthapathy began to express his view.”Expert architects with a sound knowledge in Agama Sastras have constructed this temple thousands of years ago, in accordance with temple Agamas. The Artha Mandapa situated next to the Sanctum Sanctoriam is extremely sacred. It won’t be proper to demolish the side walls to make way. If it is done that way, there is a chance of the residing deity Sri Venkatachalapathy’s sanctity and power being affected. Considering all this, I request you to stop this demolishing plan,” he expressed his ideas without any fear.

All the members supported the plan unanimously and therefore the Sthapathy’s view wasn’t taken into consideration. The plan was unanimously agreed upon and signatures were sought from all the members to make it official. The Sthapathy had to yield to their demand out of compulsion and had to sign too.

From then on the Sthapathy’s peace of mind was totally lost. He left the place with a heavy heart. His mind was agonising over a plan to stop such a misfortunate incident from happening.
At this stage he realised that no one except the Eswara Incarnate, Sri Maha Periyava could help him. The Mahan was camping at a place called Karvetu Nagar. The Sthapathy ran to Him with the realisation that Sri Periyava was the only leading light that could show him the path.

It was early in the morning when he reached Karvetu Nagar. Tears were streaming down his face when he met Periyava with a heavy heart full of sorrow.

It was so soothing for the Sthapathy when Periyava gestured like drawing a namam on His forehead and asked,”Are you coming from there?” (meaning Tirupathi)

“Yes”, said the Sthapathy and was about to pour his heart to Periyava but He stopped him gesturing with His hand.

“No need to say anything now. Go and eat something first.” If there is something better than mother’s love and care, where else can one get it except Periyava? It was as if the Mother of Love could see through the fact that the Sthapathy was suffering without taking anything for the past two days.

Sri Periyava called a Mutt helper. “Take him to any hotel that is open now and ask them to feed
him to his full stomach,” He instructed and sent him along.

Only one hotel was open at that time and when the Mutt’s person said that Periyava was ready to offer him money for the food for Sthapathy, the hotel owner said “ It’s my good fortune to feed him who is sent by Kanchi Periyava,” and served him the different variety of tiffins which was ready there.

The Sthapathy after finishing the food came and stood before Periyava again.

“Now tell me,” enquired the all-knowing God and the Sthapathy started telling everything that happened during the meeting.

“What will happen if you break it?” The Mahan questioned him with a divine playfulness.

“Any change in the temple at Tirupathi is brought about only after consulting Periyava. But now they have not disclosed this matter to Periyava. If we touch the Artha Mantapa, the Divine power of Venkatachalapathy may not be received by the masses as before. Now they might come to Periyava to inform You of their decision. At that time Periyava shouldn’t give your consent and should find a way to stop this,” requested the Sthapathy in all earnestness.

Periyava, looking like the merciful saviour of mankind reassured the Sthapathy by saying “Everything will happen as per your wish, don’t worry”, and sent him back.

Contd.../2

Contd..../2

With his mental burden lessening a bit, the Sthapathy came home from there. He had a deep sleep as he was so tired and fatigued.

Suddenly he felt like someone was waking him up from his deep sleep. He woke up startled .There was no one nearby. But all his tiredness and fatigue had disappeared and a fresh drive had set into his mind. He ran towards the house of the then Chief Minister of Andhra, Sri.Brahmananda Reddy, driven by the same force. The security guard standing at the gate identified him. He asked in surprise why the Sthapathy had come so early in the morning.

The Sthapathy told him that he had to see the Chief Minister very urgently.

The security guard refused to let him in as he didn’t have prior appointment. Still, Tirupathi Ganapathy Sthapathy was known to all and so the official started thinking of a way to fulfill his request.

“Sir, we can do one thing. The Chief Minister comes down from upstairs to have coffee exactly at 4.30. While coming down and entering the hall, if the Chief Minister’s eyes fall on you coincidentally, it won’t be a problem. Otherwise you will have to wait till morning,” said the official.

The Sthapathy stood there, waiting with the hope that Periyava would certainly show some way and the Chief Minister while coming down noticed the Sthapathy at the entrance.

“What Ganapathy, so early in the morning?” he enquired and asked him to come in.

“Danger to Tirupathi temple,” started the Sthapathy abrubtly and went on to explain everything in detail.

Anger was writ in the face of the Chief Minister after listening to the Sthapathy. He ordered to summon the Minister for religious affairs at once.

“What happened at Tirupathi day before yesterday?” asked the Chief Minister.”Oh just now
I’m getting ready with the file to discuss it with you,” said the Minister.

“I asked only what had happened at Tirupathi,” insisted the Chief Minister angrily and the Minister for Religion described their plan in detail.

“You listen to me first. Venganna jolikku pogandi,” said the Chief Minister in Telugu and emphasized clearly not to interfere in the affairs of Tirupathi Venkatachalapathy and finished the conversation only after saying emphatically that it was his strict order.

“Nothing will happen in Tirupathi. You can go peacefully,” he said before sending off the Sthapathy.

The Sthapathy walked out with a sigh of relief and only then did he come back to his senses. He realised absolutely that it must be some divine power which woke him up from sleep and drove him with a magnificent force, making him meet the Chief Minister so early in the morning, thus bringing about a solution to such a big problem.

He could hear the holy voice of Sri Sri Sri Periyava in his mind saying,” Everything will happen as per your wish,” and a shiver went down his spine in absolute elation.

The Sthapathy’s mind realised that all the miraculous incidents that happened one by one are a witness to Periyava’s colossal blessings and meditated upon the Mahan with overwhelming gratitude that early morning.

Isn’t our Periyava the God of Protection?

It is beyond all doubt that the Bhakthi we have for such a merciful God walking amongst us, will protect us all forever, bestowing all goodness upon us and offering a life with health, wealth and prosperity.

Compassion will continue to flow

Source: Kanchi Mahanin Karunai Nizhalil
[h=1] Source: MAHA PERIYAVA Public Group/Face Book[/h]

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: "A Double-Stringed Chain in Eight Sovereigns?"

It was early morning, many years ago. It was drizzling slightly. Sri Maha Periyava was seated in solitude at Kanchi Sri Sankara Matham. After the devotees had darshan of Him, Swamiji arose to go to His room. Just then an old grandmother and a young woman came running and prostrated to the sage. Swamiji sat down again, looking keenly at them.

With happiness on His face, Swamiji said, "Adede! Is it Meenakshi Patti? What a wonder you have
come in the morning itself? Who is accompanying you? Is it your granddaughter? What is her name?"

Meenakshi Patti said “Periyava, I have been coming to Sri Matham for many years to have your darshan. Till now I have not got an opportunity to talk to you about myself. But such a need has come now. I have only one daughter. This girl is my granddaughter. Since she was born in this town, we named her Kamakshi. My daughter passed away twelve years ago. Even before that my son-in-law died of heart attack. Hence I have been struggling to bring her up. I enrolled her in a school but she was was not good in studies. Hence she has left school after fifth class. Now she is fifteen years old. If I can get her married off, my responsibility will be over.”

Acharyal listened to her patiently and then asked, “You bring flowers everyday around 10 am for
Chandramouliswara Pooja. Since you have come early this morning, I have understood that you come with a purpose. What is the matter?”

Hesitantly Meenakshi Patti said “Periyava, I have received a marriage proposal. The groom is a school teacher in this town. He earns a salary of Rs 60 per month. He is from a good family and the horoscopes are matching well. I pray to Periyava to arrange to conduct this marriage.”
Slightly annoyed Acharyal asked “What are you saying? You want me to conduct the marriage?” In a few seconds Periyava, calmed down and asked “Alright, What do you expect me to do?”
With relief Patti said “Periyavaa, I have managed to save five thousand rupees for her marriage and I can conduct the marriage within this amount. But groom’s mother is demanding that I should gift the bride a double-stringed, eight-sovereign gold chain. With my meagre income I have managed to buy only 2 gold bangles of one sovereign each for her. Only that is possible for me. Where can I go for an eight-sovereign double-stringed chain, Periyava? Only you…"

Before she could finish, Periyava asked with anger “Are you asking me to get a double-stringed chain in eight-sovereigns for your granddaughter?”

Meenakshi Patti prostrated to Periyava and rose. Patting her cheeks loudly, she said,

"Apacharam, Apacharam, Periyava!. I am not asking Periyava to buy a gold chain. Many rich devotees come for your darshan every day. I only request you to ask one of those devotees to help me arrange for the eight-sovereign double-stringed chain?"

Periyava said “I don’t ask devotees for such financial help. I suggest that you look for an alliance within your means. That will be good for you.” Swamigal got up.

Meenakshi Patti said anxiously, "I pray that Periyava shouldn't leave me with such advice! This is a very good alliance, Periyava. The boy has a positive temperament. They got their own daughters married with a gift of an eight-sovereign double-stringed chain each. Therefore they desire that the girl coming as their daughter-in-law should also come with a double-stringed chain. Nothing else, Periyava. Only you should provide me with guidance in the matter!" Patti begged the sage.
Acharyal, who had got up, sat down again. He was immersed in deep thoughts for sometime. Then he started talking with compassion: "Will you do something I suggest now?"

"I will do it definitely. Please tell me what it is!" Patti was excited.

"Go to the Kamakshi Amman temple tomorrow with your granddaughter. Both of you pray to Her,

'This marriage should take place grandly with the required eight-sovereign double-stringed chain provided. Only You should arrange it, Amma!’ Do the “Pancha Sankya Upacharam” ie do pradakshina of the sannidhi five times, prostrate before Ambal five times and do this consecutively for five days. Goddess Kamakshi will arrange the things as you have desired in your mind." Acharyal blessed them with a smile.

As she prostrated and got up, Meenakshi Patti said, "What is it Periyava, you suggest everything five times!" She asked with eagerness, "If I do it that way, will Ambal Kamakshi surely arrange my granddaughter Kamakshi's marriage?"

"I am not suggesting the “Pancha Sankya Upacharam” myself. Ambal has the reverence of Pancha Sankhyopacharini. She grants favours happily when she is worshipped in multiples of five." Swamiji said, "I told you only that, nothing else!"

"When do we start this, Periyava?"

Swamiji smiled. "It has been said ‘shubhasya sheeghram’. Today is Friday. Why don’t you start today itself." He said and bade them farewell.

With her granddaughter beside her, Patti walked towards Kamakshi Amman temple. Since it was Friday, the temple was very crowded. Mother Kamakshi dazzled in full splendour with all the special adornments of that day. Both of them closed their eyes and prayed as advised by Periyava. Patti had an archana performed in her granddaughter's birth star and received the prasadam.

Then they both prayed to Amman about the eight-sovereign double-stringed chain and went around the inner courtyard clockwise five times. Then they prostrated to Ambal five times as Swamiji had suggested. With faith in their hearts, they went back home.

On Saturday morning, Patti started from her house with her granddaughter. Collecting the coral-jasmine flowers, she hurried to Sankara Matham. There was a heavy rush in the Matham.

Meenakshi Patti was standing in the queue with some twenty or thirty devotees before her. She heard what the person before her was telling his neighbour with concern. “Today is the day of the Anusham star. Maha Periyava's birth star. So Swamiji has taken up a vow of silence today. He wouldn't talk to anybody. Only mukha darshan.”

Anxiety got hold of Meenakshi Patti. She was worried and thought 'I thought of reminding Periyava about the eight-sovereign double-stringed chain, but it seems that won't be possible now.' When they got near Periyava, they prostrated to Him. Periyava was sitting silently. Patti paused, yearning that He would ask something about the chain. Swamiji's assistant told her a bit sternly, "Patti, move away please! Periyava adopts a vow of silence today. He won't talk. See, how many people are waiting behind you!"

She made her way towards Kamakshi Amman temple, along with her granddaughter. As advised by Periyava, they performed the “Pancha Sankya Upacharam” worship on that day and got back home. Maha Swamiji continued the vow of silence on the following two days also. Patti and her granddaughter could only have a darshan of the sage at the Matham. Patti started worrying, 'Four out of five days has gone by since Periyava's advice but nothing happened! Will Mother Kamakshi open her eyes and bless me or not?' She could only grieve within herself.

It dawned on Tuesday. Sri Kanchi Matham was very brisk on that day. A bhajan troupe from Arani was immersing the Matham in bhaktic ecstasy.

Acharyal came and sat in his usual place. There was such a Maha Tejas on His face! He had
dissolved his vow of silence. There was a large crowd waiting for Periyava's darshan. A middle-aged maami in the queue prostrated to Swamiji happily as her turn came. Happiness was writ all over her face. She submitted the things she had brought--a large bunch of rastali bananas, un-shorn coconuts, sweet lemons, oranges, pumpkins, and chubby raw-bananas--and prostrated again.

Swamiji smiled to himself as He glanced at the items kept before him. Then He narrowed His eyes and looked keenly at the woman. "Aren't you Ambujam, wife of Needamangalam landowner Ganesa Iyer? You came two months back. Told me something, feeling sad. Looking at the way you have come now with a large banana bunch, it seems that your problems would have been solved by the grace of Kamakshi, right?"

Ambujam prostrated again and said, "True, Periyava. My only daughter, Mythili was made to stay away from her husband's home for the last three years. Two months back I came running to you, reported this humiliation and wept. It was you who advised me to do “Pancha Sankya Upacharam” (five circumambulations and five prostrations for five days) and perform abhishekham (ablution) and worship in the Kamakshi Amman temple of this town. I completed them with extreme care, and what a wonder, fifteen days back, my son-in-law Radhakrishnan who works in Jamshedpur Tata Steel Plant came over himself and took his wife Mythili back with him. It's all that Kamakshi's grace and your blessings, Periyava!" Tears of joy filled her eyes as she spoke.

Swamiji said, "Besh, besh, very glad. Let the dampati rest in prosperity! By the way, where did you get such a big bunch of bananas? Looks massive!" Swamiji's laughed heartily.

Ambujam said smilingly, "This bunch was harvested from our own banana bed, Periyava; which is why it is so big!" She spoke with humility.

Contd..../2

Contd..../2

Showing happiness, Swamiji ordered her, "Alright, only Amma Kamakshi has united your daughter and son-in-law. So you offer this big banana bunch to Her and distribute the fruits to the devotees who visit the shrine."

Ambujam said, "No no, Periyava. Let it remain in this sanctum. I have another identical bunch to offer to Ambal. Now I seek your leave to have a darshan of Ambal, complete my prayers and get back here." She prostrated.

"Besha! After completing your prayers you must take food in the Matham and then only should get back to your place. Remember it!" Swamiji gave her His consent to leave Him.

There was not much crowd in Kamakshi Amman temple on that day. It was eleven in the morning. As it was later than usual, Meenakshi Patti hurried to the temple with her granddaughter. She halted at the shop selling archana packs, and told her granddaughter, "Hey Kamakshi! Today is the day of completion. So we shall do everything in five numbers as told by Acharyal. What you do, get five archana packs with five coconuts, five bananas, betel leaves, nuts, etc. and come back running!" and gave her the required money.

The granddaughter bought the things as ordered. Patti performed the archanas to Ambal and prayed Her with tearful eyes, 'Amma Kamakshi, I am completely depending on You only! I have no refuge except You and Swamigal. Only You should arrange for the eight-sovereign double-string chain and complete my granddaughter's marriage in a fitting manner.' As Patti sobbed, her granddaughter was also moved and wept. Then they started going round the inner couryard from left to right. They were on their fourth round.

"Patti... Patti... Patti!" Meenakshi Patti looked back at the loud call from her granddaughter and chided her angrily, "Why are you crying so loudly? What have you lost to raise such a noise?"
"Nothing lost Patti, but something gained! Please come here, I shall show you!" She took her grandmother to a corner, opened her right palm and showed her something. It was a severed, double-stringed chain with a front.

"Where did you find that?" Patti asked with surprise. Her granddaughter said, "As I was coming behind you with a bowed head, my eyes fell on this chain. I took it at once, and no one has noticed me! This chain is severed Patti. Check if it is genuine gold or just a gold-plated one."
Patti took the chain in her hands to estimate its weight. She said, "Looks like sovereign, Kamakshi! May be eight or eight-and-a-half sovereigns. This has been granted to us by Kamakshi Herself backed by the blessings of Periyava. Alright, let us go out first!" She packed the chain inside the edge of her sari and hurriedly came out, forgetting to complete her fifth circumambulation.

It was one in the afternoon. Four or five people were waiting for the darshan of Acharyal in the Matham. Meenakshi Patti prostrated to the sage with her granddaughter and got up. Swamiji looked at her and laughed. Paati was wondering if she should tell Periyavar about the chain that she found.

Swamiji foresaw her. "Today you should have completed your Pancha Sankyopachara pradakshina in order. But then, it was not completed because of some object that came to the hand of your granddaughter! That sudden delight did not allow you to do more than four pradakshinas. You came hurriedly, thinking that Kamakshi has given you Her full blessings. What, am I right?"

Patti was shocked. She became insensate, and swallowed her words as she spoke: "Swamigal shouldn't mistake me. Once that object came to the hand of my granddaughter, I assumed that Ambal Herself had dropped it for my granddaughter to take. In that sudden delight I totally forgot that I had to make one more pradakshina."

Periyava said relentlessly, "Did you forget only that? Did you not forget to get the chain weighed at Rangu Patthar's shop? Or get the severed portion melted in the furnace to rejoin it." He clinched His talk with the words, "Let it go. When you weighed it, was it exactly eight sovereigns?"

Patti and her granddaughter were stunned. "All you said now is the truth, Periyava!" said Patti.
Swamiji asked her calmly, "Tell me in fairness. To whom does that chain belong?"
"To Ambal Kamakshi."

"Tell me yourself, can you take it secretly and pack it inside the edge of your sari?"

"A mistake... nothing else but a mistake! Periyava should forgive me. I have done it out of ignorance." Patti was genuinely repenting. She placed the double-stringed sovereign chain on the brass plate that was found before Swamiji, her hands shaking. Swamiji laughed.

It was now two in the afternoon. Swamiji asked Meenakshi Patti and her daughter to sit before him. It was at that time that Ambujam Ammal, wife of Needamangalam Ganesa Iyer, who had taken leave in the morning, came back full of sorrow and prostrated to the sage. Her eyes were shedding tears profusely. Swamiji saw this and said affectionately, "Adada, why do you shed tears Amma?"

Ambujam Ammal wiped her tears and replied, "It is like this, Periyava. Two months ago when I did the five days seva in the Kamakshi Amman temple I prayed to Ambal earnestly that I would offer Her my eight-sovereign double-stringed chain if she united my daughter and son-in-law, who were then separated. Ambal has united them. I went to the temple to offer my chain. It slipped from my neck and fell down somewhere. I searched everywhere thoroughly but the chain could not be found. What can I do now, Periyava?" She started wailing.

Swamiji turned his face to Meenakshi Patti and looked meaningfully. Patti prostrated to Him and got up briskly. She took the double-stringed sovereign chain from the brass plate before the sage in her hand. She turned to Ambujam and said holding up the chain, "Amma Ambujam. Check if this is the double-stringed chain you lost."

Ambujam took the chain from her hand and checked. "The same, the same chain, Patti. How did it come here?" Patti narrated everything that happened to them in one breath.

Ambujam Ammal hugged Meenakshi Patti. "Patti, you don't worry at all! I am informing you this before our Acharyal. I shall arrange for a new double-stringed chain in eight sovereigns for your granddaughter! Her marriage will be performed grandly. This double-stringed chain, I have prayed to offer to Ambal. This evening I shall take you and your granddaughter Kamakshi to the jewellery shop in this town and get her an eight-sovereign double-stringed chain. In addition, I shall give you five thousand rupees for the marriage expenses."

Swamiji was sitting as the Pratyaksha Kamakshi, witnessing this scene. Everyone prostrated to Acharyal. He looked at Meenakshi Patti and said, "Today you and your granddaughter have not done the five pradakshinas. Go in the evening, do five pradakshinas and five prostrations, and have a darshan of Ambal." Saying this he bid them farewell.

It is not possible to narrate in words the happiness and excitement felt by Meenakshi Patti and her granddaughter at that time.

Author: Sri Ramani Anna (in Tamil)
Source: Sakthi Vikatan issue dated Dec 20, 2006

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: The God Who Saves Whenever He is Prayed To

It was in 1986. The Sri Rama Navami festival was being celebrated in the suburban layout of Khar Road, in Dadar in Mumbai. I had gone there to listen to the spiritual discourse. A short while after the discourse started, I began to feel uneasy. I could not sit. I did not know what had gone wrong all of a sudden. I got into the bus because I thought it would be good to travel with a number of people. I wrote down my home address and telephone number on a piece of paper and put it into my pocket. I chanted the Vishnu Sahasranamam continuously. When I reached my house, a doctor who lived close by saw me and enquired, “What is it? Are you not well?” He took me into his house and checked my pulse. Then with visible worry on his face, he checked my blood pressure.

“The problem is that your blood pressure has shot up. Do you have any heart related problems?”

I said in reply, “Not that I know of.”

“Well. You are very tired because you have returned from an outing. I shall come over after half an hour. I suggest you lie down quietly till then. In case the blood pressure does not go down, then we may have to take you to the emergency ward.”

My wife, Kamala, opened the door when I went home. The doctor, who had escorted me told her of my condition. Worried and frightened, she prostrated before Sri Paramacharyal’s photograph and said, “You are God to me. I do not know what I must do. Please save my husband. It is your responsibility to save him. I rely solely on you. Grant me your grace in alms.” Her prayers began to flow from a distressed heart.

After half an hour the doctor came back to check my blood pressure. He did not look anxious now. His words were consoling. He said, “There is nothing to fear. The blood pressure has gone down. But it is better that you stay in bed and rest. I shall take a look in the morning.”

I prostrated before Periyaval’s picture and slept well that night.

The doctor came home again the next morning. “Your blood pressure is back to normal now,” he said with a smile. He advised me to rest at home for a week. Later a friend of mine, a heart specialist came home and examined me. “Everything is normal. There is nothing to fear,” he said.

The next day I received a phone call. It was from Srimathi Rajeswari, Pudukottai Rajamma’s daughter. “I had gone to Kasi to offer bhikshavandana at the Hanuman Ghat, during the Vasanta Navaratri. I returned today. When Sri Pudu Periyava gave me prasadam, he gave me some more separately and said, “As soon as you go to Bombay, hand this over at Veda Narayanan’s residence. Veda Narayanan’s wife prayed to me. Tell her not to worry,” He closed his eyes and prayed for a while before handing it to me with his blessings.”

The day Sri Pudu Periyaval had handed over the prasadam for me and the day my wife made her prayer were one and the same. Sri Maha Periyaval and Sri Pudu Periyaval are not different from each other. We understood the truth that they are one and the same.

Author: A.S. Vedanarayanan, Model Colony, Pune
Source: Maha Periyaval Darisana Anubhavangal Vol 2

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.

VADAMALA AARADHANA FOR ANJANEYA SWAMY

Once a person hailing from North India was among the many who came to have darshan of Paramacharya of Kanchi Mutt. He was seen in hesitancy and Maha Periyava invited him to ask his doubt. The Northerner cleared his throat and said that Anjeneya Swamy is worshiped all over India but he was not able to understand why in South the people adorn Anjaneya with 'Vada-mala' made of Urud dhal mixed with pepper where as in North India they do with sweet Jangiri. He also added that he had not received a convincing answer from anybody andrequested Paramacharya to explain.

Paramacharya was pleased to talk about Hanumanji. He began to explain first that children when they make some fuss to eat, the mother coaxes them to see the Moon outside and the child enjoys seeing the bright Moon and the cool breeze outside and finishes eating.

Similarly when Hanuman was a child, he took a liking to look at the Sun blazing in the Sky. He didn't stop with that. He went on to catch the Sun with his hand. At the same time, 'Rahu Devatha' was also racing to catch the Sun God to eclipse the Sun. In the race between Hanuman and Rahu, Hanuman, being the son of Vayu, the Wind God (Vayuputhra) won with ease. In appreciation of Hanuman's valor, Rahu Deva sanctioned a boon in whoever worshiped Hanumanji with a food item
made of urud dhal, will get relieved from 'Rahu Dosha' or that Rahu Graha will not trouble them anymore. Further the item offered to Hanumanji should be in the form of a garland or bent like a serpent which is how 'Rahu God' appears. Rahu also admitted that Urudh Dhal is his favorite cereal and food item prepared with Urudh Dhal is to his immense liking.

Paramacharya, having explained the significance of Vadamala aaradhana to Anjaneya Swamy went on to bring out the background for the differences in the culture between the people in the South and North.

South India is famous for salt cultivation as North is for sugarcane. Vada is a food item made of urud dhal mainy with salt, also some pepper added for improving the taste. So people in South offer vadamala aaradhana to Anjaneya Swamy.

But the Northerners prefer sweet to salt. However Jangiri is made of mainly urud dhal only which condition satisfies the rule imposed by Rahu God. Sugarcane grows in plenty in North only. Hence the people have developed it as a custom to worship Anjeneya Swamy with the garland of Jangiris.

The mass of people who had gathered to listen to Paramacharya, let alone the Northerner, went rapturous and fell at the feet of the Jagad Guru and the then Paramacharya of Kanchi Peetam.

Source: Bala Subramanian / Brahmana Sangam / face book

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.

""பொட்டலத்தில் என்ன இருக்கிறது?” மகான் கேட்கவும் இல்லை பார்க்கவும் இல்லை""

மகாபெரியவா எப்போது எந்த பக்தனுக்கு எந்த பக்தைக்கு அருள் பாலிப்பார் என்று யாருக்குமே தெரியாது தம் முன் நிற்கும் பக்தர்களின் மன ஓட்டம் எப்படி இருக்கும் என்பதைத் துல்லியமாக அறிந்த மகா பிரபு அவர் .

புதுக்கோட்டை ராதா ராமமூர்த்தி எனும் பக்தையின் அனுபவம் இதற்கு ஒரு சான்று
தொடர்ச்சியாக ஸ்ரீமடத்திற்கு வந்து மகானை தரிசித்து மகிழ்ச்சியில் திளைத்துக் கொண்டு இருப்பவர் . மகானை தரிசிக்க செல்லும் போதெல்லாம் அவருக்கு முன் எதையாவது சமர்ப்பிக்க வேண்டும் என்று காணிக்கையை எடுத்துப் போவதில் அந்த பக்தைக்கு அதீத மகிழ்ச்சி.
ஒரு முறை தரிசனத்திற்குப் போகும் போது தன் மனதில் தோன்றியபடி, சிறிய அருகம்புல் மாலையைத் தொடுத்து ஓரத்தில் அரளிப் பூவை பார்டர் ஆக அமைத்து அழகிய மாலையாக தொடுத்தார், மாலையோடு கொஞ்சம் கல்கன்ன்டும் எடுத்துக் கொண்ட அந்த பக்தை, இரண்டையும் தனித்தனி பொட்டலங்களாக கட்டி தரிசனத்திற்கு சென்றபோது மகானின் முன் வைத்து சமர்பித்தார் எட்ட நின்று தரிசித்தார் .

அதை எப்போது எடுத்துக் கொள்ளப் போகிறாரோ என்று கத்துக் கிடந்த பக்தைக்கு ஏமாற்றம் தான் மிஞ்சியது, இரண்டு பொட்டலங்களையும் சற்று தூரம் தள்ளி வைத்து விட்டார் , மகான் அதில் என்ன இருகின்றது என்றும் பார்க்கவில்லை, அது யாருடைய கண்களுக்கும் புலப்படவில்லை.

அதற்குள் இருப்பதை மகான் அறிவார் என்பதை நினைத்துகொண்டு பக்தை ஓரமாக நின்றுகொண்டிருந்தார், எட்டு மணிக்கு வந்த பக்தை மணி பத்து ஆகியும் அப்படியே நின்று மகான் அவர் காணிக்கையை ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளும் வரை அங்கிருந்து நகருவதில்லை என்ற உறுதியோடு இருந்தார் என்றே சொல்லலாம்.

சுமா பத்து மணிக்கு ஒரு பெண் மகானை தரிசிக்க வந்தார் அந்த பெண்மணி கையில் ஒரு வெள்ளிக் கவசம், பிள்ளையாருக்கு போட்ட வேண்டிய கவசம் மகானின் உத்திரவுப்படி அந்தபெண்ணின் ஊர்கோவிலில் பிள்ளையாருக்கு மிகவும் நேர்த்தியான வேலைப்பாட்டுடன் செய்யப்பட்டு இருந்தது , மகா பெரியவர் அனுக்கிரகத்திற்காக அதை கொண்டு வந்து இருந்தார் .

அந்தக் கவசத்தை தன் கையில் வாங்கிய மகான் தன் மடியில் வைத்துக் கொண்டார் , பிறகு மடத்து சிப்பந்தியை அழைத்து எட்ட இருந்த இரு பொட்டலங்களைக் காட்டி “அதை எடு ” என்றார் .

ராதா ராமமூர்த்தியை தவிர அந்த பொட்டலத்தில் என்ன இருக்கிறது என்பது யாருக்கும் தெரியாது அல்லவா அதில் ஒரு பொட்டலத்தை பிரிக்கச் சொன்னபோதுதான் வெள்ளிப் பிள்ளையார் கவசத்திற்கே சொல்லி வைத்தாற்போல் ஒரு அருகம்புல் மாலை அதிலிருந்ததை எல்லாரும் கண்டனர்

இதில் அதிசயம் என்னவென்றால் ”பொட்டலத்தில் என்ன இருக்கிறது?” மகான் கேட்கவும் இல்லை பார்க்கவும் இல்லை ஆனால் அது பிள்ளையாருக்கு உரிய மாலை என்று எப்படி தீர்மானித்தார்? அதுதான் மகாபெரியவாளின் அருட்பார்வை

மாலையை அந்த வெள்ளிக் கவசத்திற்கு மகான் சாத்தியபோது கச்சிதமாக அந்த பிள்ளையாருக்கே அளவெடுத்து தொடுத்தது போல் அமைந்திருந்தது. மாலையுடன் அந்த வெள்ளிக் கவசத்தை தமது திரு மார்பில் பொருத்தி வைத்துக் கொண்டு நாலா புறமும் திரும்பி திரும்பி ஸ்ரீபெரியவா தரிசனம் கொடுத்தபோது எல்லா பக்தர்களுக்கும் அது ஆனந்தமாக இருந்தது ஆனால் ராதா ராமமூர்த்தி என்ற பக்தைக்கு அந்த ஆனந்தம் பன்மடங்கு அதிகமாக இருந்தது .

எங்கிருந்தோ வந்த புதுக்கோட்டை ராதா என்னும் பக்தை மனதில் மகானுக்கு அருகம்புல் மாலையைச் சமர்பிக்க வேண்டும் என்று தோன்ற வேறொரு பக்தை அதேசமயம் வெள்ளிப் பிள்ளையார் கவசத்தை கொண்டுவந்து மகானின் அனுக்கிரகம் பெற வந்து நிற்க, பொட்டலத்தில் என்ன இருக்கிறது என்று தெரியாதவராக இரண்டு மணி நேரம் மகான் நாடகமாட ஆனால் எல்லாம் இதற்குதான் என்று இரு பக்தைகளின் மனபூர்வமான பக்திக்கு அங்கீகாரம் அளித்தது போன்று அமைந்தது இந்த சம்பவம்.

Source: Siva sankaran / Brahmana Sangam / Face Book

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.

வைத்தீஸ்வரனிடம் பிரார்த்தனை - 25

”சரிதான்… என் வயித்து வலியைக் கொண்டு போய், அந்த வைத்தீஸ்வரன்கிட்ட விட்டுட்டு வந்துட்டயாக்கும்!”

காஞ்சி மகான், பக்தர்களைக் கைவிடமாட்டார். அவர்களது துன்பங்களைத் தானே ஏற்று, அவர்களைக் காப்பார் என்பது சத்தியம் நிச்சயம்.

ஒரு நாள், 34- 35 வயதுள்ள அன்பர் ஒருவர், தன் பெற்றோருடன் திருநெல்வேலியிலிருந்து வந்திருந்தார். அவர்களுக்குக் காஞ்சி மடம் புதிய இடமாதலால், பக்தர்கள் கூட்டத்தில் இருந்து சற்று விலகி நின்றிருந்தனர்.

அந்த அன்பர் வலியால் துடித்துக்கொண்டு இருந்ததை, அவரது முகம் காட்டிக் கொடுத்தது. இதை மகா பெரியவாளும் கவனித்திருக்கவேண்டும்.

தயக்கத்துடன் விலகி நின்றிருந்த அந்தக் குடும்பத்தாரை அருகில் வரும்படி அழைத்தார். அருகில், காஞ்சி மகானுக்குக் கைங்கர்யம் செய்துவந்த பாலு என்பவரும் இருந்தார்.

பெரியவாளின் அருகில் வந்த நெல்லை அன்பர், ”எனக்குத் தீராத வயித்து வலி சுவாமி! உயிர் போற மாதிரி வலிக்குது. பார்க்காத டாக்டர் இல்லே; பண்ணாத வைத்தியம் இல்லே! கொஞ்சமும் குணம் தெரியலே. பரிகாரம்கூட பண்ணியாச்சு. ஒரு பலனும் கிடைக்கலே.

எங்க குருநாதர் சிருங்கேரி சுவாமிகளைத் தரிசனம் பண்ணி, அவர்கிட்ட என் வயித்து வலி பத்திச் சொன்னேன். ‘காஞ்சிப் பெரியவரை உடனே போய்த் தரிசனம் பண்ணு; உன் கஷ்டத்தைச் சொல்லு. அவர் தீர்த்துவைப்பார்’னு சொன்னார். அதான், இங்கே வந்தோம்” என்றார் குரல் தழுதழுக்க.

”ஓஹோ… அப்படியா சொன்னார்..?” என்று ஏதுமறியாதவராகக் கேட்டுக்கொண்டார் பெரியவா.

அவரின் திருமுகத்தைத் தரிசித்ததுமே, நெல்லை அன்பருக்கு நம்பிக்கை பிறந்ததுபோலும்! தொடர்ந்து… ”எங்கே போயும் தீராத வயித்து வலி, என்னை விட்டுப் போகணும், பெரியவா! நீங்களே கதின்னு வந்திருக்கேன். உங்க அனுக்கிரகம் கிடைக்கலேன்னா… இந்த வலியோடயே நான் இருக்கணுங்கறதுதான் விதின்னா… தினம் தினம் வலியால துடிதுடிச்சுக் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமா சாகறதைவிட, இங்கேயே இப்பவே என் உயிரை விட்டுடலாம்னு வந்துட்டேன். பெரியவாதான் என்னைக் காப்பாத்தணும்” என்று கதறினார்.

பெரியவா, சிறிது நேரம் கண்மூடித் தவம் செய்யும் பாவனையில் அமர்ந்திருந்தார். அங்கிருந்த எல்லோரும் அவரையே கவனித்துக்கொண்டிருக்க… நெல்லை அன்பர் தனது வயிற்று வலி மெள்ள மெள்ள விலகுவதுபோல் உணர்ந்தார். சிறிது நேரத்தில், ”இப்ப என் வயித்து வலி பூரணமா போயிடுத்து, பெரியவா!” என்று வியப்பும் கண்ணீருமாகச் சிலிர்த்துச் சொன்னவர், பெரியவாளை சாஷ்டாங்கமாக விழுந்து நமஸ்கரித்தார்.

அவருடைய பெற்றோரும் நமஸ்கரித் தனர். பிறகு, பெரியவாளிடம் அனைவரும் விடைபெற்றுக் கொண்டு, திருநெல் வேலிக்குப் புறப்பட்டுச் சென்றனர்.

ஆனால், அன்றிலிருந்து பெரியவா என்னவோபோல் சோர்ந்து காணப்பட்டார். கருணையே உருவான காஞ்சி மகான், தனது வயிற்றில் ஏதோ வேதனை வந்தாற்போல் துன்பப்படு கிறார் எனத் தெரிந்தது. பெரியவா அடிக்கடி சுருண்டு படுப்பதையும், புரண்டு தவிப்பதையும் கண்ட மடத்து பாலு, செய்வ தறியாது கலங்கினார்.

பெரியவாளுக்கு பி¬க்ஷ தயார் செய்யும் கைங்கர் யத்தைச் செய்து வந்தவர் பாலுதான். பெரியவா படும் பாட்டைப் பார்த்து, தான்தான் பி¬க்ஷயில் ஏதேனும் தவறு இழைத்து விட்டோமோ என்கிற குற்ற உணர்ச்சியில் அவர் மருகத் தொடங்கினார். தன் குலதெய்வமான ஸ்ரீவைத்தீஸ்வரனைத் தரிசித்துப் பிரார்த்தித்தால் தேவலை என்று அவருக்குத் தோன்றியது.

மறுநாள் ஏகாதசி என்பதால், சௌகரியமாகி விட்டது பாலுவுக்கு. அன்றைய தினம், பெரி யவாளுக்கு பி¬க்ஷ செய்து வைக்க வேண்டாம். ஆகவே, வைத்தீஸ்வரன் கோயிலுக்குச் செல்வது எனத் திட்டமிட்டார். எனவே, பெரியவா ளிடம் சென்று, ”எனக்கு என்னவோ, எங்க குல தெய்வத்தைத் தரிசனம் பண்ணிட்டு வந்தா தேவலைன்னு தோணறது. பெரியவா உத்தரவு தரணும்!” என்று தயக்கத்துடன் அனுமதி வேண்டி னார் பாலு.

உடனே, ”’என் குலதெய்வமான வைத்தீஸ்வரன் வேற யாருமில்லே, பெரியவாதான்’னு அடிக்கடி சொல்வியே பாலு… இப்ப ஏன் போகணும்கறே?” என்று குறும்புச் சிரிப்புடன் கேட்டார் பெரியவா.

எப்படியேனும் உத்தரவு வாங்கி விடுவதில் பரபரப்பாக இருந்தார் பாலு. ”இல்லே பெரியவா… சின்ன வயசுல முடி இறக்கினப்ப போனது. அப்புறம், குலதெய்வத்தை தரிசனம் பண்ணப் போகவே இல்லை. அதான்…” என்று கெஞ்சாத குறையாகச் சொன்னார் பாலு. பெரியவா புன்னகையோடு உத்தரவு கொடுக்க, பாலு கிளம்பிச் சென்றார்.

வைத்தீஸ்வரனுக்கு நேர்ந்துகொள்ப வர்கள், நோய் தீருவதற்காக கை, கால் என வெள்ளியாலான உறுப்புகளை வாங்கி, ஸ்வாமிக்குக் காணிக்கையாகச் செலுத்துவார்கள். பெரியவாளின் வயிற்று வலி குணமாக வேண்டும் என்று வேண்டிக் கொண்ட பாலு, வெள்ளியில் ‘வயிறு’ வாங்கக் கடை கடையாக அலைந்தார். ‘வயிறு’ கிடைக்கவே இல்லை.

உடலும் மனமும் சோர்ந்துபோனவ ராகக் கடை வீதியில் நடந்து கொண்டிருந்த பாலுவின் அருகில், கிழவி ஒருத்தி வந்து நின்றாள்.

”என்ன சாமி, வைத்தீஸ்வரருக்கு கொடுக்குறதுக்கு வயிறு தேடறியா? அது கடைகள்ல கிடைக்காது. ஆபீஸ்ல போய் கேளு. யாரோ விசேஷமா சாமிக்குப் போட்டதை எடுத்துப் பத்திரமா வெச்சிருக் காங்க. முக்கியமானவங்க யாருனா வந்து கேட்டா கொடுப்பாங்க. நீ கேட்டுப் பாரு, சாமி! உனக்குக் கொடுத்தாலும் கொடுப்பாங்க!” என்று சொல்லிவிட்டு, அந்தக் கிழவி நகர்ந்தாள்.

பாலுவுக்கு ஒரே குழப்பம். ‘யார் இந்தக் கிழவி? நான் வெள்ளியில் ‘வயிறு’ வாங்க அலைவது இவளுக்கு எப்படித் தெரியும்? வழியும் காட்டிவிட்டுச் செல்கிறாளே!’ என வியந்தவர், கோயில் அலுவலகத்துக்குச் சென்றார்.

‘பெரியவாளுக்கு வயிற்று வலி’ என்று சொல்லமுடியுமா? ஆகவே, சாதாரண பக்தரைப் போல, கோயில் அதிகாரியிடம் பேசினார் பாலு.

பேச்சின் ஊடே. பாலு சிறு வயதில் படித்த மன்னார்குடி பள்ளியில்தான் அந்த அதிகாரியும் படித்தார் என்பது தெரிய வந்தது. சக பள்ளி மாணவர்கள் என்கிற இந்த சிநேகிதத்தால், கஜானாவில் பத்திரமாக வைத்திருந்த வெள்ளி வயிற்றை, 750 ரூபாய் ரசீதுடன் பாலுவுக்குக் கொடுத்தார் அந்த அதிகாரி.

பிறகென்ன… சந்நிதிக்குச் சென்று, ஸ்வாமியைத் தரிசித்து, மனதாரப் பிரார்த்தித்து, காணிக்கையைச் செலுத்திவிட்டுக் காஞ்சிபுரம் வந்துசேர்ந்தார் பாலு.

மடத்தை அடைந்தவர், ஆச்சரியத்திலும் ஆனந்தத்திலும் திளைத்தார். பெரியவாளின் வயிற்று வலி முற்றிலுமாக நீங்கியிருந்தது. அவரது முகத்தில் பழைய மலர்ச்சி குடிகொண்டு இருந்தது.

”பெரியவா அனுக்கிரகத்தால், குல தெய்வத்தை தரிசனம் பண்ணிட்டு வந்துட்டேன்” எனச் சொல்லி நெகிழ்ந்த பாலுவை ஏறிட்ட மகா பெரியவா, ”சரிதான்… என் வயித்து வலியைக் கொண்டு போய், அந்த வைத்தீஸ்வரன்கிட்ட விட்டுட்டு வந்துட்டயாக்கும்!” என்றார் புன்னகைத்தபடி!

சிலிர்த்துப்போனார் பாலு. நெல்லை அன்பரின் வயிற்று வலியை தான் வாங்கிக் கொண்ட மகா பெரியவாளுக்கு, பாலுவின் ‘வைத்தீஸ்வரன்கோவில் பிரார்த்தனை மட்டும் தெரியாமல் போய்விடுமா, என்ன?!

தொகுத்தவர் :-நண்பர் திரு.சிவ சங்கரன்.

Courtesy: Srinivasan P.R. /Face book

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.!!

(ரா. வேங்கட சாமி அவர்களின் "காஞ்சி மகானின் கருணையுள்ளம்" என்ற புத்தகத்திலிருந்து...)

ஒரு மகோன்னத சம்பவத்தைப் பற்றி சித்த வைத்தியரான கண்ணப்பர் என்னும் பக்தர் விவரிக்கிறார்..

ஒரு முறை இவர் காஞ்சியில் உள்ள பச்சையப்பன் கல்லூரிக்குத் தேர்வு எழுதச் சென்றார்..

அப்போது தேனம்பாக்கம் வழியாகப் போகும் போது, வரிசை வரிசையாக பக்தர் கூட்டம் அலை மோதியது..

எதற்காக இவ்வளவு கூட்டம் என்று கண்ணப்பர் விசாரித்து இருக்கிறார்..

"ஸ்ரீ மஹா பெரியவா இங்கே முகாமிட்டு இருக்கிறார்.. தரிசனத்திற்காக மக்கள் வருகிறார்கள்... திவ்யமான தரிசனம்" என்றார் ஒருவர்.. "இங்கே மஹா பெரியவா வந்திருக்கா. போய் தரிசனம் பண்ணுங்கோ" என்றார் இவரிடம்.
அது வரை கண்ணப்பருக்கு மஹா பெரியவாளைப் பற்றி ஏதும் தெரியாது.. சரி போய்த் தான் தரிசனம் செய்யலாமே என்று அவர் மனதில் உந்துதல் ஏற்பட்டது.. அப்படியே சென்றார்..

அங்கே அடர்த்தியான மக்கள் கூட்டம்... தெய்வமாகவே காட்சி தரும் மகானைப் பரவசத்தோடு தரிசித்துக் கொண்டு இருந்தது..

கிணற்றுக்கு அந்தப் பக்கம் குங்கும நிறமுடைய உடை தரித்த காமாக்ஷியாய், காட்சியருளும் ஸ்ரீ மஹா பெரியவாளை, அருகே சென்று தரிசிக்க முடியாமல் கண்ணப்பர் மரத்தடியில் கை கட்டிக் கொண்டு கண் இமைக்காமல் பார்த்துக் கொண்டு இருந்தார்...

திடீரென பெரியவா தனது திருக் கரத்தை உயர்த்தி இவர் இருந்த பக்கம் சுட்டிக் காட்டினார்..

"என்னையா அழைக்கிறார்?" என்று இவர் மனதுள் நினைக்க, மகான் அதை அறிந்தவர் போல "ஆமாம்" என்பது போல சமிக்ஞை செய்து தலையை அசைத்தார்..

பிறகு பக்தர்கள் தானாக விலகி இவருக்கு வழி விட, இவர் முன்னே சென்றார்..
இவரை நோக்கி புன்னகை நிறைந்த முகத்தோடு... "நீங்கள் சித்த வைத்தியர் தானே.. இப்போது வைத்தியம் செய்வதை நிறுத்தி விட்டீர்கள்.. தொடர்ந்து செய்யுங்கள்" என்று கூறியதும் கண்ணப்பர் மலைத்துப் போய் விட்டார்...
இப்போது தானே நாம் மகானைப் பார்க்கிறோம்.. இவரால் தன்னைப் பற்றி எப்படி கூற முடிந்தது என்கிற வியப்போடு மகானை வணங்கி நின்றார்...
திரு முருகனைத் தவிர வேறு எந்த தெய்வத்தையும் அறியாத கண்ணப்பர், அந்தத் திருமுருகனே சுவாமிநாதனாக பெரியவா அருளுவதை உணர்ந்து ஆனந்தித்தார்...

இந்தப் பெருங் கருணையினால் வைத்தியம் செய்வதைத் தொடரும் பாக்கியம் பெற்றார், கண்ணப்பர் அவர்கள்...

Source: Sri Sri Sri Maha Periyava/Face Book

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.!!

(ரா. வேங்கட சாமி அவர்களின் "காஞ்சி மகானின் கருணையுள்ளம்" என்ற புத்தகத்திலிருந்து...)

ஒரு மகோன்னத சம்பவத்தைப் பற்றி சித்த வைத்தியரான கண்ணப்பர் என்னும் பக்தர் விவரிக்கிறார்..

ஒரு முறை இவர் காஞ்சியில் உள்ள பச்சையப்பன் கல்லூரிக்குத் தேர்வு எழுதச் சென்றார்..

அப்போது தேனம்பாக்கம் வழியாகப் போகும் போது, வரிசை வரிசையாக பக்தர் கூட்டம் அலை மோதியது..

எதற்காக இவ்வளவு கூட்டம் என்று கண்ணப்பர் விசாரித்து இருக்கிறார்..

"ஸ்ரீ மஹா பெரியவா இங்கே முகாமிட்டு இருக்கிறார்.. தரிசனத்திற்காக மக்கள் வருகிறார்கள்... திவ்யமான தரிசனம்" என்றார் ஒருவர்.. "இங்கே மஹா பெரியவா வந்திருக்கா. போய் தரிசனம் பண்ணுங்கோ" என்றார் இவரிடம்.
அது வரை கண்ணப்பருக்கு மஹா பெரியவாளைப் பற்றி ஏதும் தெரியாது.. சரி போய்த் தான் தரிசனம் செய்யலாமே என்று அவர் மனதில் உந்துதல் ஏற்பட்டது.. அப்படியே சென்றார்..

அங்கே அடர்த்தியான மக்கள் கூட்டம்... தெய்வமாகவே காட்சி தரும் மகானைப் பரவசத்தோடு தரிசித்துக் கொண்டு இருந்தது..

கிணற்றுக்கு அந்தப் பக்கம் குங்கும நிறமுடைய உடை தரித்த காமாக்ஷியாய், காட்சியருளும் ஸ்ரீ மஹா பெரியவாளை, அருகே சென்று தரிசிக்க முடியாமல் கண்ணப்பர் மரத்தடியில் கை கட்டிக் கொண்டு கண் இமைக்காமல் பார்த்துக் கொண்டு இருந்தார்...

திடீரென பெரியவா தனது திருக் கரத்தை உயர்த்தி இவர் இருந்த பக்கம் சுட்டிக் காட்டினார்..

"என்னையா அழைக்கிறார்?" என்று இவர் மனதுள் நினைக்க, மகான் அதை அறிந்தவர் போல "ஆமாம்" என்பது போல சமிக்ஞை செய்து தலையை அசைத்தார்..

பிறகு பக்தர்கள் தானாக விலகி இவருக்கு வழி விட, இவர் முன்னே சென்றார்..

இவரை நோக்கி புன்னகை நிறைந்த முகத்தோடு... "நீங்கள் சித்த வைத்தியர் தானே.. இப்போது வைத்தியம் செய்வதை நிறுத்தி விட்டீர்கள்.. தொடர்ந்து செய்யுங்கள்" என்று கூறியதும் கண்ணப்பர் மலைத்துப் போய் விட்டார்...
இப்போது தானே நாம் மகானைப் பார்க்கிறோம்.. இவரால் தன்னைப் பற்றி எப்படி கூற முடிந்தது என்கிற வியப்போடு மகானை வணங்கி நின்றார்...

திரு முருகனைத் தவிர வேறு எந்த தெய்வத்தையும் அறியாத கண்ணப்பர், அந்தத் திருமுருகனே சுவாமிநாதனாக பெரியவா அருளுவதை உணர்ந்து ஆனந்தித்தார்...

இந்தப் பெருங் கருணையினால் வைத்தியம் செய்வதைத் தொடரும் பாக்கியம் பெற்றார், கண்ணப்பர் அவர்கள்...

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.!!

ரொம்ப ஏழை.. பெண்ணுக்குக் கல்யாணம் பண்ணனும்... பெரியவா திருமாங்கல்யம் அநுக்கிரஹம் பண்ணனும்..."

அரை மணி நேரம் கழித்து இன்னொருவர் வந்தார், ஒரு கல்யாணப் பத்திரிகை யுடன், "மாமா பெண்ணுக்குக் கல்யாணம்.. ரொம்ப ஏழை..."

அவருக்கும் ஒரு திருமாங்கல்யம்.

அடுத்ததாக இன்னொருவர்," தம்பி பெண்ணுக்குக் கல்யாணம்... "
கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருந்த சிஷ்யருக்கு எரிச்சலாக வந்தது... எல்லாரிடமும் ஒரே பத்திரிக்கை.. ஏன் இந்த தில்லுமுல்லு?

" திருமாங்கல்யம் வேணும்.. ரொம்ப ஏழை. அவ்வளவு தானே?" என்றார் பட்டென்று..
வந்தவர் குழைந்தார்.. பெரியவா, மேனேஜரிடம் சொல்லி அவருக்கும் ஒரு திருமாங்கல்யம் வாங்கிக் கொடுக்கச் சொன்னார்கள்..

சிஷ்யரின் ஆத்திரம் அடங்க வில்லை.. 'பெரியவாளின் தாராளமான, கருணை உள்ளத்தைத் தவறாகப் பயன்படுத்திக் கொள்கிறார்களே, சில பேர்' என்று ஆத்திரம்..

"கல்யாணத்துக்கு யாசகம் கேட்டுப் பல பேர் வருகிறார்கள்.. தீர விசாரித்து விட்டுத் தான் உபகாரம் செய்யணும்... இல்லேன்னா ஒருத்தரே இரண்டு, மூணு திருமாங்கல்யமோ, வேஷ்டி, புடவையோ, பணமோ வாங்கிண்டு போயிடறா.. யார் கேட்டாலும் திருமாங்கல்யம் கொடுப்பதை நிறுத்தி விட்டால் கூடத் தேவலை."என்று முணுமுணுத்தார்..

இதையெல்லாம் அறியாதவரா பெரியவா...

பெரியவாள், கொஞ்ச நேரம் கழித்து அழுத்தமாகச் சொன்னார்கள், " எந்தக் காரணத்தைக் கொண்டும், கல்யாணங்களுக்குத் திருமாங்கல்யமோ, பணமோ கொடுப்பதை நிறுத்தவே கூடாது.. யாரோ, இரண்டு பேர் ஏமாற்றலாம்.. பாதகமில்லை.. பரம ஏழையாக உள்ளவாளுக்குக் கிடைக்காமல் போயிடக் கூடாது.. ஒருவர் செய்யும் தப்புக்காக, நடந்து கொண்டிருக்கும் தர்மங்களை நிறுத்தி விடக் கூடாது.. "

பெரியவா சொன்ன 'தர்மம்' இன்றும் நடை பெறுகிறது..

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.!!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: The Incarnation of Righteousness

It was during the days when SriMatham functioned with Kumbakonam as its headquarters. There was a large cattle shed behind the Matham. One day a cow that did now belong to SriMatham was found in the shed feeding on the hay and drinking at the water-trough. No one knew whose cow it was. The news was passed around in the neighbourhood, but no one came to claim it. Four or five days passed. The Manager asked Sri Maha Periyava, "Shall we drive away the cow?"

"If the cow must be driven out because it does not belong to SriMatham, then several people in our Matham should also be sent out".

There were indeed many people living in the Matham, eating and sleeping there, doing no particular work. "The cow cannot speak for itself. We do not know who its master is. Let it stay on in our cattle-shed. It is our duty to protect it".

As the days passed it was seen that the cow was getting ready to calve and in due course did so. The Manager came back to Periyava.

"The yellowish milk yielding after calving has stopped. The cow seems to be of a very good breed. It is nourished on good cattle-feed too. It gives four large measures of milk in the morning and in the evening".

"Hand over all the milk to Kalathiswara temple for abhisheka. The cow does not belong to SriMatham. So the milk must not be utilised by the SriMatham".

Two days passed. Periyava questioned the Manager. "What are you doing with that milk?"
The Manager replied hurriedly, "I have made arrangements for the milk to be handed over to the Kalathiswara temple everyday".

"All the same, it is likely that the milk may be used in SriMatham, by mistake. So, hand over the cow and calf to a Shiva temple".

The Manager did as instructed. But the temple had several cows already and found it difficult to take on one more. The temple trustee announced the auction of the cows. Periyava was worried that the cows bought in auction would go straight to the butcher. So He told a wealthy devotee to buy all the cows that were auctioned. Later, one by one, he gifted them to devotees who were committed to tending cows with care. That is the kind of love Sri Maha Periyava had for cows.
Author: SriMatham Balu Mama, Kanchipuram

Source: Maha Periyaval Darisana Anubhavangal Vol 3

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

மஹா பெரியவா சரணம்.!!

ராகவேந்திரர்_பிறந்த_இடம் எது என்பது பற்றி சர்ச்சை வந்த போது

மஹா_பெரியவா
புவனாகிரி என்று ஆதாரத்துடன் நிரூபித்தார்

ராகவேந்திரர் பிறந்த
#புவனகிரியில் அவர் பிறந்த இடத்திலேயே ஒரு கோவில் கட்டப்பட்டு வணங்கப்பட்டு வருகிறது. இந்த இடத்தில்தான் ராகவேந்திரர் பிறந்தார் என தமிழக அரசும் ஆராய்ந்து புவனகிரிபட்டி சந்தில் தற்போது ஆலயம் உள்ள இடத்தில்தான் பிறந்தார் என சான்று அளித்துள்ளது.

சுவாமிகள் அவதரித்த வீட்டை 1989 - ல் முறைப்படி கோயிலாக கட்டி கும்பாபிஷேகம் செய்யப்பட்டு இன்று வரை தினசரி சிறப்பு வழிபாடுகள் நடைபெறுகிறது.

மீண்டும் கடந்த 25.06.2008 - ல் மஹா கும்பாபிஷேகம் முறையாக நடத்தப்பட்டது.
காஞ்சி மடத்தில் ஒரு நாள் மகா பெரியவா பக்தர்களோட பேசிக்கிட்டுருக்கார்.
பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கும்போதே திடீரென்று ஏதோ சிந்தனையில் ஆழ்ந்துவிடுகிறார்.
ஆனால்…. அது புரியாமல் அவருடன் பேசிக்கொண்டிருந்த பக்தர்களில் ஒருவர் தான் பாட்டுக்கு பேசிக்கொண்டே போக…

“நிறுத்து… நிறுத்து….உன் பேச்சை சித்த நேரம் நிறுத்து…. அங்கே
சேதுராமன்
#ராகவேந்திரரோட_பிருந்தாவனப் பிரவேசம் சொல்லிக்கிட்டுருக்கார்….
அதை கேட்டுட்டு வர்றேன்….” என்று கூறி மறுபடியும் நிஷ்டையில் ஆழ்ந்துவிடுகிறார்.
சுற்றியிருந்த அத்தனை பேருக்கும் ஒரு கணம் சிலிர்ப்பு. பெரியவா மானசீகமா ஏதோ உபன்யாசம் கேட்டுகிட்டு இருக்கார் போல என்று பக்தர்கள் நினைத்துக்கொண்டனர்.
இதை திருமதி.சேதுராமன் என்னிடம் கூறியவுடன் எனக்கு உடம்பெங்கும் மின்சாரம் பாய்ந்தது போலிருந்தது.

திரு.சேதுராமன் அவர்களின் ராகவேந்திர மகிமை உபன்யாசத்தில் பிருந்தாவனப் பிரவேசம் அனைவரும் கேட்க வேண்டிய ஒன்று. ஸ்ரீ ராகவேந்திரர் பிருந்தாவனப் பிரவேசம் செய்த அந்த காலகட்டத்துக்கே நம்மை உண்மையாக அழைத்து சென்றுவிடுவார்.

ஊனை உருக்கும் தன்மை கொண்டது அது. கருணைக் கடலாம் பரமசிவனின் சொரூபம் மகா பெரியவா அதை கேட்க விரும்புவதில் என்ன ஆச்சரியம் இருக்க முடியும்?

மகா பெரியவா, ஸ்ரீ ராகவேந்திரர் இருவரும் ஒரே பணிக்காக இறைவனால் அனுப்பப்பட்டவர்களே. சொல்லப் போனால் மகா பெரியவா, ஸ்ரீ ராகவேந்திரர் மீது தீராத பக்தி செலுத்திவந்தார். இவர் நமக்கு குரு என்றால் அவர் மஹா குரு.

இருவருமே சாஸ்திரங்களை வழுவாமல் பின்பற்றவேண்டும், வேதநெறிப்படி ஒருவர் வாழவேண்டும், முக்கிய விரதங்களை அனுஷ்டிக்கவேண்டும், பரோபகார சிந்தனையுடன் வாழவேண்டும் என்றும் நமக்கு போதித்தவர்கள். போதித்ததோடல்லாமல் தாங்களும் பின்பற்றியவர்கள். ஒருவர் ஆதிசங்கரரின் வழி வந்தவர். மற்றவர் மத்வாச்சாரியரின் வழி வந்தவர்.

ஆதிசங்கரர்,
#சிவபெருமானிடத்தே பக்தி கொண்ட அதே நேரம், ஸ்ரீமந் #நாராயணனிடமும் தீராத பக்தி செலுத்தி வந்தார். பஜ கோவிந்தம் இயற்றினார். விஷ்ணு சஹஸ்ர நாமத்துக்கு உரை இயற்றினார். சொல்லப்போனால் ஆதிசங்கரர் கூப்பிட்ட குரலுக்கு சிவபெருமனைவிட நரசிம்மரே ஓடிவந்தார்.

ஏகாதசி விரதம் முதல் ஸ்ரீ ராகவேந்திரர் அனுஷ்டித்த அத்தனை விரதங்களையும் மகா பெரியவரும் தாம் வாழ்ந்த காலத்தில் அனுஷ்டித்து தன்னை நாடி வரும் பக்தர்களையும் அனுஷ்டிக்க சொன்னார்.

அவ்வளவு ஏன், நமது உயிரினும் மேலாக விளங்கிய ஞானப்பழமாக திகழ்ந்த திருமுருக.கிருபானந்த வாரியார் ஸ்வாமிகள், எந்தளவு முருகப் பெருமானின் பக்தர் என்பது உங்களுக்கு தெரியும். ஆனால், முருகனின் பெருமையை மட்டுமா அவர் பேசினார்? சீதா கல்யாணம், ராமர் பட்டாபிஷேகம், விஷ்ணு சஹஸ்ர நாம மகிமை, விபீஷணன் சரணாகதி, திருமலை பெருமை, ஸ்ரீனிவாச கல்யாணம், மீனாக்ஷி திருக்கல்யாணம், பிள்ளையார் பெருமை, ஸ்ரீ ராமானுஜர், ஆண்டாள் திருக்கல்யாணம் என்று அவர் சொற்பொழிவு நிகழ்த்தாத தலைப்புக்களே இல்லை, புகழ் பாடாத தெய்வங்களே இல்லை எனலாம். இன்றும் இவையெல்லாம் சி.டி.க்கள் வடிவில் கிடைக்கிறது. வாங்கி, கேட்டு பலனடையுங்கள்.

குருமார்களே தெய்வங்களிடம் பேதம் பார்க்காதபோது, அற்ப மானிடர்கள் நாம் பார்ப்பது அறிவீனம்.

நாம் செய்யவேண்டியது எல்லாம் தேவையற்ற ஆராய்ச்சிகளை விடுத்து அந்த மகான்கள் சொல்படி நடந்து அவர்களின் அறிவுரைகளை பின்பற்றி வாழ்ந்து வருவதே.

ஒரே ஒரு விஷயத்தை மட்டும் அனைவரும் மனதில் கொள்ளவேண்டும். மகா பெரியவரோ, ஸ்ரீ ராகவேந்திரரோ, மகாவதார் பாபாஜியோ, ஷிர்டி சாயிபாபாவோ யாராகிலும் உங்கள்
#நம்பிக்கை
எந்தளவு ஆழமாக உள்ளதோ, நீங்கள் எந்தளவு பரிசுத்தமாக அவர்கள் எதிர்பார்க்கும் ஒரு பரோபகார வாழ்க்கையை வாழ்ந்துவருகிறீர்களோ அந்தளவு அவர்கள் அருள் உங்கள் மீது வெளிப்படும்.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back