• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Introduction to Vedic Astrology

Dear Sir,
Unlearning is not Vengayam Shoonyam.

Unlearning is letting go of perceptions that we have been holding on too.

This also does not mean we reject worldly knowledge..its about being in the world yet not be attached to its changes.

Unlearning does not mean deleting neuronal activity and become a vacuum skull.

Unlearning is about unveiling..its not about Shoonyam..its about Poornam.

Vengayam peeling brings tears but unlearning perceptions brings about a tasty sambar called realization.

Last edited:
Sravna...I feel you could explain about spiritual perception to Narayanaswamy sir.

Please respond.
Dear Renuka,

I agree with you that unlearning is required to achieve self realization. This unlearning is also a kind of learning. The initial learning gives us illusory knowledge and the subsequent realization that such knowledge is illusory gives us the spiritual or true knowledge.

Dear Renuka,

I agree with you that unlearning is required to achieve self realization. This unlearning is also a kind of learning. The initial learning gives us illusory knowledge and the subsequent realization that such knowledge is illusory gives us the spiritual or true knowledge.

Dear Sravna,

Agreed..but I prefer not to call worldly knowledge illusionary cos it can still be proved in the realm of logic.

But giving to its subject to.change nature it might be disproven when there is new evidence or a new fatwa.

For eg even Parliamentary Laws are subject to change depending on 2/3 majority of parliament sitting.

Keeping this in mind we unconsciously seek the Unchanging..that requires unlearning.

Dear Sravna,

Agreed..but I prefer not to call worldly knowledge illusionary cos it can still be proved in the realm of logic.

But giving to its subject to.change nature it might be disproven when there is new evidence or a new fatwa.

For eg even Parliamentary Laws are subject to change depending on 2/3 majority of parliament sitting.
Keeping this in mind we unconsciously seek the Unchanging..that requires unlearning.

Dear Renuka,

The reason I call worldly knowledge as illusory is because of the fact the logic on which it relies is falsified by the logic of spiritual knowledge.

Another point is, one needs to experience all that is changing to really grasp the unchanging. So you learn that knowledge first.

Dear Renuka,

The reason I call worldly knowledge as illusory is because of the fact the logic on which it relies is falsified by the logic of spiritual knowledge.

Another point is, one needs to experience all that is changing to really grasp the unchanging. So you learn that knowledge first.

Well not really Sravna..for eg we know blood is red becos of presence of Hemoglobin...this will not be negated or falsified by Spiritual knowledge.

The fact that blood is red in color will remain.

Worldy knowledge is not false...the earth is round and rotates on its axis around the sun..this is also logic and truth.

Spiritual knowledge does not oppose worldly knowledge in any way..in fact a holistic view is both these knowledges complementing each other.

Spiritual knowledge just makes us go beyond the evident but that does not require rejecting any form of information as false.

Eg..for this life..You are Srava..A TB by birth.

True or False?

True...you are Sravna..you are a TB by birth.

Now if look at this from a spiritual point of view..one can ask " you are Sravna today..a TB today..but who were you in past lives..what will you be in a next life.
So which identity is truly yours?"

Ka Aham?(Ko'ham)?

Then enquiry starts.

Spirituality is all about reverting to the substratum and possibly even beyond that.

Well not really Sravna..for eg we know blood is red becos of presence of Hemoglobin...this will not be negated or falsified by Spiritual knowledge.

The fact that blood is red in color will remain.

Worldy knowledge is not false...the earth is round and rotates on its axis around the sun..this is also logic and truth.
The fact that blood is red or the earth rotates is itself a perception which is based on illusion. It seems to be truth because everyone sees the same. The very fundamental properties of frequency and speed can be influenced by spiritual energy.
Spiritual knowledge does not oppose worldly knowledge in any way..in fact a holistic view is both these knowledges complementing each other.

Spiritual knowledge just makes us go beyond the evident but that does not require rejecting any form of information as false.

Spiritual knowledge is not the complementary truth, it is a higher level truth. That is the reason it can falsify anything that is physical including the physical laws. It is a higher level truth.
Eg..for this life..You are Srava..A TB by birth.

True or False?

True...you are Sravna..you are a TB by birth.

Now if look at this from a spiritual point of view..one can ask " you are Sravna today..a TB today..but who were you in past lives..what will you be in a next life.
So which identity is truly yours?"
As you know, name and form change but the inner self remains the same

Last edited:
The fact that blood is red or the earth rotates is itself a perception which is based on illusion. It seems to be truth because everyone sees the same. The very fundamental properties of frequency and speed can be influenced by spiritual energy.

Spiritual knowledge is not the complementary truth, it is a higher level truth. That is the reason it can falsify anything that is physical including the physical laws. It is a higher level truth.

As you know, name and form change but the inner self remains the same

Dear Sravna...the Universe functions via both Sthula and Shookshma.
Both do not negate or oppose each other.

Worldly knowledge is not inferior and neither is Spiritual knowledge superior.

Both as I said earlier..are on the same axis functioning in concert in the Universal Orchestra conducted by Brahman.

Placing Spirtual knowledge above Worldly knowledge and vice versa will not produce a tune conducive for existence.

No where in our scriptures we are ever taught a superiority implication of any kind.

Conduct an experiment Sravna..prick your finger with a needle..what do you see?

Blood...red becos we call that shade Red.
Raktha for blood in Sanskrit means Red..obviously denoting the color.

Hrdaya in Sanskrit is Heart..made up from Hr..
Harati..

To take away..as in taking away deoxgenated blood.

Da..Dadati..to give..as to give oxgenated blood.

Ya..Yati..as to wander..to circulate as blood circulating in body.

The word Hrdaya itself is based on the physiological function of the heart..a worldy knowledge and a fact that can not be denied until and unless we humans mutate to function sans a heart.

Dear Renuka,'

It is not a question of superiority or inferiority. It is a question of what is true. I do not own spiritual knowledge nor do some others worldly knowledge. Spiritual plane is simply a higher plane of existence to reach which you need to know and practice spiritual knowledge.

Dear Sravna..at the ultimate state there is no higher or lower.

Even the perception that Spiritual plane is a Higher plane needs to be let go off finally.

Letting go ..unveiling..some call it Vengayam..at the end of the day its totally everything..Ekam Advaita Brahman..when there is only One..how can there be a higher or lower.

High and Low needs a minimum of Two..at the Ultimate state there is no Two.

From mannagkatti to now vengayam.... tomorrow it may be perungayam...

Devudaa.....??

Devuda Devuda Eluzmalai Devuda
Chuududa Chuududa enga pakkam chuududa
Eh..
Engaalin Ullangal Ellame vairangal nee koncham patathikada

Repeeatuu??..

Eh..
Engaalin Ullangal Ellame vairangal nee koncham patathikada

Repeeatuu??..

I know the myths and misconceptions of diamonds........

I prefer to have fresh roses on my table than diamonds on my rings....

Who is bothered about diamonds ..I know it is pretty poisonous.

I know the myths and misconceptions of diamonds........

I prefer to have fresh roses on my table than diamonds on my rings....

Who is bothered about diamonds ..I know it is pretty poisonous.

Drushadvichitratalpayor bhujanga mauktikasrajor
Garishtharatnaloshthayoh suhrudvipakshapakshayoh
Trushnaravindachakshushoh prajamahimahendrayoh
Sama pravartayanmanah kada sadashivam bhajamyahamII12II

Last edited:
Dear Rudhran Ji..for more replies..kindly do so in the new thread..i dont want to continue hijacking this thread.

Well there was a slight deviation from the topic; Let us now discuss about Lagna lord in 9th house. Well, 9th house is a a trikona house and placement of makes it an excellent combination of Kendra-trikona and makes one rich, intelligent, full of luck, religious and also holds a potential to inherit huge paternal property. The person will be fortunate, dear to the people whom he associates with an eloquent speaker and enjoy all sorts of happiness in life. A debilitated or afflicted Lagna Lord here could bring extremely bad or opposite results.

Tenth house Lagna lord is another powerful combination. Lagna Lord in Karma Sthana, makes one self made and quite eminent personality. An excellent proposition for wonderful professional success, makes one scholar, religious, pious, and indulging in charities. Could also become rich and famous and achieve highest professional ranks. Will lead a royal life and enjoy self earned wealth.

L L in 11th house brings in prosperity and gains in business etc. will draw a lot of help from elder brother(s) will be wealthy and hold highest respect in the society.

12th house L L is not that good. the house being that of loss, would adversely affect health. Problem/ injury to right eye is another possibility. Person could be inclined to spirituality 12th being house of Moksha. Would settle down far away from his place of birth ( may be abroad) 12th house lagna lord is a possible indication for a person to become a doctor.

Is "Agni-Marutha Yoga" & Marutha yoga are one and the same? Some people says it the combination of Shani & Mars where as some says it is Jupiter and Sun. What exactly are the results? I guess it is a yoga with contradictory results.

Marutha yoga is formed when Jupiter is placed at Trikona house (5 or 9) from Venus and Moon is placed at 5th from Jupiter and Sun is also at Kendra position to Moon. Or in other words if we draw the chart with house Venus placed as Lagna, Jupiter should be in 5th or 9th house of that chart with moon placed either at 10th or 2nd and Sun should be placed Kendra position which means fourth, seventh or 10th house from where moon is placed. This is an excellent combination which makes native wealthy, a learned scholar and blessed with many good male children (sat putra).

Agni-Maruta yoga on the other hand is formed when Saturn and Mars are conjoined in any house or placed with mutual aspects. Both these planets have malefic qualities and their joined placement makes them even bitter. This yoga got its name because of the characteristics of the planets involved as Mars have agni tatwa and Saturn the vayu (marutha) The contradiction is even more visible as wind could either blow up the fire or a strong one could even douse it. In general the characteristics of such yoga are ‘unpredictable’. This combination becomes even more deadly if it happens on 8th house adversely affecting the longevity of the native. However, lordships of the planets are important and if they become lords of benefic houses the results would not be that bad. Placement of moon also holds importance as a bad moon with this combination could make the native insane.

Last edited:
Question:

When a Muhurtham for say a wedding is fixed what astrological factors are used. Are the horoscopes of both boy and girl are used to fix the time? Are there months that one is not encouraged to marry? Why?

Thanks

Latest ads

Back